Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 559 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/18 Steps 12,030
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 559 Member
    Thanks for the messages about my son, @azkunk , @lindamtuck2018 , @363days , @Beautyofdreams and @lelbarou . I was very happy to hear that this afternoon his electricity came back on, he has some running water though it is very low pressure and this evening the wifi started working again which is great because he is trying to do his school work.

I am happy to say that writing that post yesterday helped me to deal with my feelings and not eat for comfort. I did not exercise yesterday. In fact, I had the lowest number of steps that I can ever remember having. LOL. But I needed it because I was mentally spent.

I read all of the posts but no time to respond to them all:( I'm sorry that so many here have health issues and pain. I hope it can all get resolved.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 159.8
    CW: 158.6
    LTD: 35.4

Will really try to check in later. I just have a ton going on.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @lcfa5317 - happy for to that you were able to get the vaccine. I can’t wait until it’s more widely available and all my friends and family can get it too. I feel a little guilty being the only one that I know that’s been able to get it. I just want everyone who wants one to be able to get it so we can start getting past this horrible virus and start living again.

@iradi8 - I’m glad your son has power, water and WiFi now. I hope everything stays on and the weather starts to warm up

@Bluetail6 - nice loss
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Yesterday's steps 10,074
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    @draby2011 It sounds so exciting to hire a nutrition coach, I think I've not done that because I don't want to hear I eat too much. I wonder how much the weekly question (What exercise would you like to do) got you thinking about this? and you took action!!! You go, girl. Please keep me updated regarding the coach.
  • 363days
    @lcfa5317 I get my second vaccine next week and there is somewhat of a burden lifted knowing I'm somewhat protected! My dog has not been able to walk for 6 days due to the cold and ice, it is warming up so I hope to get him out tomorrow! He will be thrilled!
  • 363days
    @missGYST I never thought of a slide board, that is a great idea and I know what you mean about hurting in the hips. Oh, I always feel so good (even if I'm hurting) with the work-out I get while skiing and you've come up with some great ideas to get in shape. The step would be useful for me with hiking, I had one years ago and may go back to this.
    @heatherbluebell Look at you!!!! great job!
  • 363days
    Weigh In
    PW 172.8
    CW 172
    I started this journey at 171.8, but I'm not bummed. I feel like I have made so many changes in my head and that I am going to move forward in weight loss. I'm actually shooting for .5 a week and anything more than that is a blessing. When I shoot for more, for some reason I have been feeling deprived and then I spiral into a binge or over-eating. Let's see if this little tricky works with changing my brain.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    daily check in for feb. 18
    logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps- 11579

I managed a good walk yesterday even though the first 30 minutes were difficult pain wise. Also, I had to do some errands on top of that so my steps are nice and high for yesterday. Overall, things are good. Nothing much to report. Will check in later to read the posts!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    I will be back in a bit to catch up!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @363days - my health coach tells me that I should only expect 0.5-1.0 lbs/week with my current calorie limit (1240) and exercise level (just walking) if I want more, I would need to change one or both of those things and I know I am at a place that is comfortable for me without feeling stressed about dieting. This is a new way of life and this I can maintain.

@lelbarou - nice job pushing through the pain, make sure you listen to your body though and don’t push so much that you are doing more harm than good. It’s a fine balance and only you know where that is.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    NSV - Size. 10. Jeans! 🤩🎉👖🥳😁💪🏼

Congrats Andrea :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 878 Member
    Steps 2/18: 21,119
  • lindamtuck2018
    @888Angie888
    Congrats on the loss! 12 pounds since the beginning of the year is great. Have you made any changes in particular?

@draby2011
    That is exciting news! I have seen how successful @azkunk has been with hers. I am looking forward to your success too.

@azkunk
    Look at all that green. I say it was a great day. What an awesome NSV. You are such an inspiration and that 50 by 50 goal is going to be crushed.

@missGYST
    Sounds like you are going to be well prepared. Good work!

Will catch up rest later.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @heatherbluebell
    Awesome loss! It is such a great idea to prepare foods in advance. You are making all the right steps to hit that new decade. I think the more motivational boosts we have the more likely we are going to be successful. I like the idea of those magnetic menus you got. Did you get the from Amazon?

@lcfa5317
    It has to feel great to get your vaccine. Every time I hear about someone getting theirs it makes me happy. It will be so great when we are all vaccinated and we will have some semblance of normal in this crazy world.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @iradi8
    That is great news about your son. Sometimes it is more important to take a mental break than reach a physical goal. You had to have been stressed about your son. Not emotionally eating is a big accomplishment.

@Bluetail6
    Nice loss!

@azkunk
    Never feel guilty about getting your vaccine. We need our frontline workers healthy so we can fight this terrible virus.

@363days
    Great loss! I have watched you work so hard on your journey since you joined the group. Sometimes we need to work on our mindsets to get ready for our journey. I feel the same way about losing .5 a pound a week. If I go any less in calories I will binge as result of feeling deprived.

@lelbarou
    Awesome steps! I am impressed with you pushing through the pain. Take care though so not to give yourself a set back.

• lindamtuck2018
    Thursday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,044
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

Thanks alll for being understanding yesterday. Just to clarify about the medication, it is not that the doctors don’t want to give it to me, it is that it would interact with others that I am taking. I don’t want you to think my doctors are horrible. Anyway, I am over my feeling sorry for myself and I am going to concentrate on what I can do. Mini walks and chair workouts. I did 3, yes that’s 3, mini walks yesterday. I haven’t done any yet today as I spent most of my morning on the phone and then I took my daughter to her appointment. I guess I better get walking as I have to go out in an hour.

On to my weight. I am up .2 pounds but I was down to 217.2 yesterday. I fought to get off the water weight all week. Love my jiggs dinner but it kills me for water weight. Not sure what happened to jump up from yesterday but that is the way of scale fluctuations. I know I drank a ton of water this week.

PW 217.6
    CW 217.8

Happy FriYAY!
This discussion has been closed.