• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @planemonkey that smile doe! You are killing it
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps
    18/02 6304 with 30 minutes strength workout.
    19/02 13102 with 5 K run.
    20/02 forgot to wear tracker, but would guess around 6000. No workout.

Food on Saturday was terrible. Why do I do this every weekend?
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends!

My weigh in stats:
    PW - 186.9
    CW - 186.6

And the week's steps and exercise stats for @micki48 :
    14/02 - 3472 steps
    15/02 - 4909 steps / 29 mins HIIT Cardio
    16/02 - 4651 steps / 42 mins Shoudler & Chest Supersets
    17/02 - 2843 steps
    18/02 - 4225 steps / 44 mins Booty Bootcamp
    19/02 - 6225 steps / 46 mins Kettlebell Circuit
    20/02 - 4758 steps / 52 mins HIIT Workout
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Quick Sunday update:

Ben and I got our Covid vaccines yesterday afternoon. No nasty after-effects so far - just a bruised feeling at the vaccination site on my arm this morning. But even that's wearing off. Ben's had no after effects.

My good friend and next door neighbour had a significant birthday on Thursday, so I went and sat at the bottom of her stairs and had a birthday glass of bubbly with her - ensuring a safe distance, of course! Later on we got a lovely delivery of delicious birthday cake!

Yesterday was our weekly "Remote Dinner Party" event - and it was my turn to cook. I did baked chicken breasts with garlic and kale rice. Ben took it round and left it on the doormat before ringing the bell and legging it! Then we turned our laptops and cameras on and, Voila! Dinner is served! And, if I do say so myself, it was delicious! I tried a new method of ensuring juicy chicken breasts and it turns out that the secret is in brining the chicken - and 10 minutes resting before serving. The results - succulent and juicy chicken breasts.

Planning our lunches was also a positive step for me last week, so I have done the same for the coming week. I've been planning our dinners for months now so I can't think why it's taken me so long.

And this coming week I will be doing the last week of my scheduled Heather Robertson's February workouts. They're very effective - they seriously kick my butt - but I love them!

@PlaneMonkey - I love that picture of you with the Wrong Trousers (Wallis & Gromit reference) - how satisfying!
    Where are you, @happimess01, to get such a great view of the Alps? It reminded me that I am also blessed with terrific views - we're in the middle of the Wyre Forest in Worcestershire and I frequently take that fact for granted.

Anyway, that's it for now - have an awesome Sunday, Friends!

Y x
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CW: 167

Apparently this is my number! Honestly though, maintenance during a week which had both my birthday and weight training is something to be proud of so I'm counting this as a win.

We hit the gym yesterday, its open on a per-appointment basis for personal training only, so there was barely anyone there and lots of cleaning of stuff. Very safe. Very expensive! So we won't be doing that again really. It was just nice to go once and have access to weights for the first time in like a year.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

jzti85407y2c.png
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our awesome group @riagalgate !
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    That's brill @CurvyCalorie well done!

I can't decide if I'm glad the weekend is almost over so I can go back to work for a rest. It's almost 6pm and I've just sat down. I decided that instead of stressing over things I couldn't control, I was going to channel the energy into being productive.

Yesterday I ran a 10k - first one ever. I came within 0.2 miles a couple of years ago, but since then if I've done the distance it has been walking or run/walk. Glad I've got it done, means I don't feel so bad about stepping back to do whatever I need to for my knees. They were fine during the run but sore before and after. Then I put a coat of varnish on the desks, went to the butchers, more varnish, chores, varnish, went to get more varnish, varnished...

Today I varnished, tidied the garden, varnished, made some soup, varnished, tidied up, varnished, stripped the cloakroom fittings ready for filling, varnished, just been for a 30min walk and really struggled. Right glute is hurting - think from all the bending over varnishing! Due to space limitations I can only do 2 desks at once with an hour's drying time so there's a lot of back and forth. Second coats on the tops and batons are done, so they need fixing together then I'll do the final coat, preferably tomorrow!

It turns out OH did buy a butternut squash and just didn't put it away where I would, so I've got another soup to make as well as sausage rolls. For now though, I am sitting on my backside and not budging until it's time to eat.
  • riagalgate
    riagalgate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I ask ☺, do I just post my weekly weigh in on this chat part each week?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thank you so much. Trust the process is my mantra as well. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you can start smashing goals again

@micki48 You are too kind 😊 I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be stuck at a weight. I have been on mfp since 2012 but only got motivated enough to log during 2012, 2015 and now. Hope the logging meal challenge does the trick for you.

Went on a beautiful albeit exhausting hike today. You can see the Alps at a distance
    ortm6izstiq7.jpg

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing the view from your BEAUTIFUL hike. I will live vicariously through you. ;)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    riagalgate wrote: »
    Can I ask ☺, do I just post my weekly weigh in on this chat part each week?

Welcome @riagalgate to Waistaways. We are happy to have you join us. Yes, post your weekly weigh in here. Did you already share what day you want to weigh in on your registration? If so, share your official weigh in each week on that day. You are welcome to share your weight in between any time you feel like it. Enjoy reading through the feed getting to know the team. When the new March feed opens later this week, we usually introduce ourselves there. But feel free to tell us a little about yourself now if you like.

Wow! What a great post read today. @YinxFed I LOVE the idea of the virtual dinner party. I have a cute visual of Ben dropping off the food and "legging it." Great idea to stay connected to friends. And I also looked up where you live. It is beautiful. Lucky you.

@CurvyCalorie HURRAY FOR YOU! 100% of your goal! That is fabulous. You have worked so hard. And consistently. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you.

@jugar Glad you hear you got in a great snowshoe hike yesterday. I took a chilly walk.

I've been painting garden gnomes today. They needed a little sprucing up. :D Oh and Super Squirrel's cape also needed some freshening up. I've picked up groceries and have been doing lots of little things around here. No specific exercise yet. Depending on how much time I have before the family comes for dinner, I will either take a walk or do the Happy Dance video workout.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    22/02 8854 & a 30 minute strength workout.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 14,839
This discussion has been closed.