Downsizers - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,108

Busy day cleaning and running errands. Had a few of my sons friends over and they ran wild. 4, 7 year olds were so loud and exhausting. Ordered them pizza for dinner which I had as well. We haven’t ordered pizza out in a very long time but felt guilty for indulging in that and crappy chicken fingers.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/12: 15,785
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Great finds at the thrift store! I think you should try on the 8’s as you maybe pleasantly surprised.

@azkunk
    Your bbq sounds so nice. I can’t wait to see pictures. You got to get those calories in. Maybe you can try some new recipes.

@TheresaM787
    Love it!

@lcfa5317
    Great job on exercise and your food! Have a nice day with your Mom!

@Bluetail6
    Lots of snow! Hou was your calorie burn from shoveling?

@cesse47
    Nice loss!

@lelbarou
    Two great check ins, well done!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I agree with @azkunk in that you need to try a specialty store. When I started walking a lot I invested in a good pair of sneakers at a store that fitted you correctly. In fact the first pair bothered my feet and they fitted me for a new pair. That’s something you won’t get from a big box store. I think when you had this issue before the consensus was to get your shoes for walking fitted correctly at a speciality store. I promise it is worth the investment.

@heatherbluebell
    I am glad you are having compassion for yourself. Seems like you are putting plans in place to set you up for a good week.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    Nice loss! It is great when we are satisfied after a meal and not looking for more.

@Tazaria87
    Another great loss! It is a nice goal and yes it would be cool. I am glad you have a good attitude towards the goal.
  • garn76
    garn76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PW: 277.6
    CW: 275.6
    LTD: 11.4
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Yes, Laura, we do have nature "literally" out of the front door!! However, along with that comes all kind of wildlife, especially in the summer :D
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Happy Saturday
    3/13
    Steps 8,810
    Bike 35 minutes, 8.2 miles, moderate effort
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 glad that you are going to a podiatrist to be fitted for shoes. My podiatrist doesn't do shoe fittings but he referred me to 3 different places that did. The first place put me in shoes that were too big and too wide and then put an orthotic in the shoe to make it fit. I had foot ulcers constantly. The 2nd place did a much better job of fitting me but made the orthotic so thick I could barely get my foot in the shoe. The 3rd store was a running store and watched me walk and jog and stand before they fit me. They fit me with Saucony Triumphs and I have been purchasing them ever since. Make sure they see you walk and find out their return policies if what they provide you with doesn't work.

@lindamtuck2018 hugs! You have made it a long time without a binge. Be compassionate to yourself and hopefully you can get some sleep. I find if I don't sleep it's one of three things.1) I overate. Food is like rocket fuel. 2) I did not exercise that day. 3) I have something on my mind and need to make an action plan before I can even think of sleeping.

@Tazariaa87 that sounds like a fantastic goal and very doable for you. Enjoy your new wardrobe and hair cut. The way in which you have incorporated activity and calorie counting into your busy life is inspiring!

@azkunk will love to see your finished bbq grill! Are you researching recipes to make the best use of it?

@Bluetail6 hope that is the last snow before Spring! Your consistent weight losses are awesome!

@heatherbluebell so glad that you will have a long weekend to recover from work. Sometimes we grow in different directions in a relationship so while it is painful now you have a better idea of yourself and the type of person that you want in your life.

@piqueaboo congratulations on your weight loss. Enjoy your daily runs.

@red1185 congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing fine and the weight will come off in its own time as you build heathy habits. I went through a plateau between 180-170 where it took 3 months to see the scale move very much. Take your measurements and progress pictures monthly and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised.

@rlaskey2 Don't feel too guilty about pizza and chicken wings. Just come up with a plan for the next time and enjoy your family time.

@lelbarou the advice about acceptance sounds great. I do something similar for weight loss and focus my energies instead on logging, eating within calories and moving whether intentional exercise or shopping.

@iradi8 Hugs! Hope you can find some ways to fall asleep and get restful sleep.

Went to podiatrist Friday and left my cellphone there. He really doesn't want me walking for another week when I will return to be re-evaluated. But said short walks might be okay. Sent me to a home health store for silver foam to absorb the moisture and keep bacteria down. They ration this stuff out by the size of your wound. So cannot waste it and will have to get another order for it next week.
    I am just on maintenance for this week. Will resume dieting since my GP would like me in the lower or middle range of the BMI chart. We will see if that stubborn belly and thigh fat reduces. Am getting impatient since I am getting so close to goal and the fluctuations obscure weight loss at the 0.5 lb/wk weight loss calories that I will go back to.

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps for today were as expected for the weekend: 3,000.
    However, I also didn’t eat very much today (I just wasn’t hungry), so I’m ok with the minimal steps!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m so late! I left for my ski trip and forgot to post. I was 206 👎 on Wednesday. Can I please skip next Wednesday since I’ll still be in Utah?
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell - meal prepping is a great way to set you up for a successful week.

@lcfa5317 - enjoy your time with your mom

@Bluetail6 - you pictures remind me of exactly the reason I moved from the East Coast to the desert ... shoveling and the cold

@lindamtuck2018 , @lelbarou and @iradi8 - reading your issues with sleep makes me grateful that I don’t suffer with insomnia. Turning 50 has brought me the pleasure of night sweats though. Those are no fun but at least I know there is a biological reason for them and the will be an eventual end. I really empathize with you. I hope you all find a balance and some true rest.

@cesse47 - nice loss!

@rlaskey2 - I had pizza today too and tracked it. It put me a little over but it was worth it. I love pizza 🍕

@lindamtuck2018 - not getting calories is not my norm but I am getting bored. I bought a couple of new things at Costco today to mix it up. Protein has been my biggest challenge and I found the Fairlife Core Protein at Costco, so that should help. Sorry the binge monster came. I hope you had a better day and the headache went away. Great steps!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - glad you made an appointment with the podiatrist. I hope you find a solution to keep you walking. Have you thought about an alternative exercise to give your feet a rest like cycling or swimming?

@red1185 - keep it up, you are doing great!

@garn76 - nice loss!

@Beautyofdreams - I will definitely post. They start on 3/22 and will take about 7 business days to complete. In the meantime, I have been Pinteresting. Losing about half a pound a week while closing in on your goal is the norm. I know it is frustrating but you have to accept that 2lb a week losses are no longer expected or good for you.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Friday, 3/12

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40):✅✅✅
    Exercise 30 min brisk walking 5x /wk: ✅✅✅✅✅

Good day n Friday day but my weight was still up today. I’m not sure what’s going on. I have not been weighing everything. Maybe it’s time to buckle down on the tracking. Last week’s weigh in was one of those lucky low days. Maybe I should start posting my weekly avg weight like I do with the health coach. That is more accurate and less stressful.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday team!

I’m very late for this weeks check in. Sorry Linda. It’s been one of those weeks. I’m not happy at all this week. I haven’t workouts out since last Monday. I’ve had appointment and errands and many many excuses. My weight spokes this week to 199 and I’ve struggled to bring it back down. Sorry about this weeks weight gain team 😞

I WILL do better this week.
    2021 Starting / Previous / Current

Weight - 198.2 / 196 / 198
    Chest - 108 / 104.8 / 104.4
    Waist - 106.6 / 104 / 104
    Hip - 110 / 107.2 / 107.6
    Thigh - 58.8 / 56 / 56.4
    Calf - 37.4 / 36 / 36
    Arm - 32 / 30.4 / 30.4
    Body fat mass - 43.9 / 43.4/ 42.5
    BMI - 31.9 / 31.5 / 31.7

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous Weight: 196
    Current weight: 198 😔

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 25,013
    Monday - 27,781
    Tuesday - 17,870
    Wednesday - 15,567
    Thursday - 13,971
    Friday - 12,165
    Saturday - 6,008

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 Those pictures are just lovely and the color of the sky is amazing.
    @heatherbluebell I'm late in commenting, but congrats on making the move with the BF that was good for you and I TOTALLY get feeling rejected even though you are the one that initiated it. I feel that way, too!
    @lelbarou what a wonderful way of accepting yourself and taking the stress off the issue. I could learn from this.
    @Piqueaboo I have had times when I think it is so easy...and then times when I think "it can't be done". good job!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I have found that I have to have ASICS or Reeboks - the kind with lots of cushion. With a walking shoe I also have to go up 1/2 size than what I usually wear, to prevent my toe from hitting the end of the shoe. Switching shoes helped, too. Yesterday I put on shoes that at the first of the day were so comfortable but by the end I had rubbed spots on my toes.
    @iradi8 I hope some of these suggestions work for you! That must be so frustrating! I got ringing in the ears from wearing a head-set for so many years, so I shy away from earbuds for myself. Good luck with solving the issue.
This discussion has been closed.