WaistAways - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I have revived my tracker so I'm back. I'm anyway tracking so might as well share my numbers.

14 march -didn't track but I normally get around 5k just living and I did a 30 minute legs and abs workout.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just can not seem to get my life together!! I do so well during the week when I’m working and busy but then the weekend comes and takes all my progress away or at least it feels that way... also on another note I bought a cricut last night!!! I am super excited to learn how to make things lol

I totally am THIS! My weekdays are great but my entire week of habit tracking and rewards gets thrown out the window on Saturday. Home reno projects this weekend left me no time to workout and hubby started into the wine early and that made me jealous so then I joined in and scrapped all my good intentions for water and exercise and portion control. Why do I give in?!?

And I'm super jealous of your Cricut. I would love a Cricut. There would be stickers and labels everywhere...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @micki48

steps for the week for me:

6gtldijbl1ev.png

Just realizing now how many steps I got this week. 2 Zumba classes definitely pitched in.

Wow!!! What a stepping week. Good for you.
  • micki48
    Options
    Pw: 212.4
    Cw: 210.2

I had a great week and I think I'm finally back on track.

Yes, you did. Way to go. Glad to see you back on track.
  • micki48
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Give yourself some grace. You are doing reno projects. In my book, that equals exercise. Like when I work in the garden/yard. That is a workout. You've got this and having 5/7 days on target is something.

It's Monday. The time change got me this morning, but I'm off to it. Did my 15 minutes of Pilates. That always feels good. Cloudy and much cooler here. Not sure about the plan for the day besides LOGGING, WATER, STEPS.

I actually have things on my list. Better get going. Its almost 10:30 already.

@jugar Hoping the drain comes out on Tuesday for you.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! There are some posts I'm catching up with and wanted to comment on. With any luck, you'll remember what I'm referencing. I'm don't always recall what I wrote 20 minutes ago!
    @DD265 SnowPiercer! Great show. You mentioned better chair support. Check out "Sacrowedgy". It's amazingly helpful for hip/sacral support. Older chairs have a "hump" in them which does the same thing...keeps the "rockers", or "sits-bones" of our pelvic girdle centered, supported, and happy.

@Pearl4686 One of my favorite self-help treatments for the psoas muscles is greatly helpful to the back as well as hips. The psoas is a deep-hip flexor and is typically a byproduct of too much sitting or overuse from walking or physical activity such as running, bicycling, and even situps. It's oftentime weak, in spite of being tight. Quite a quandary, I know. Your Physio can assist with the release but it's a lot more comfortable (read that "less painful") to do it on your own, first.
    Take a grapefruit sized ball (or even a grapefruit, if necessary); place it in your lower abdomen a few inches up from your hip bone towards belly button. You'll lie on your bed, placing a pillow from just under bust/chest to hip bones. (this takes out the "arch" of your lower back which feels a lot safer). Place ball against your belly (then comes the pillow). Move on it until you find the tenderest area, which may be closer to pubic region, depending on body type. Keep on the most tender area, releasing your head onto your hands or pillow (face down position better than to the side, if you can manage to still breathe properly). It can take upwards of 5 minutes to have a deep release. During that time, you may feel tightness like burning, twitchy, "spikey" discomfort. Keep breathing into it and pretty soon, it will be lessened. Good luck!

@jugar Have you ever heard of "extreme ironing"? It's actually a thing not just a "punny saying" (e.g. extreme irony). Time to google it. :smiley:

@gidgetgoescrazy That's amazing that you'll be able to work sans mask after having your vaccines. Your area must be a lot more "opened up" than Vermont is at this point. I hope that works out well.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges thank you for such a detailed response! I will definitely try that. Do I understand this correctly to lie on my back? I have been told in childhood that I have an S shaped back (large hollow in the lower back) which has made some excersizes painful, requiring a pillow for support under my lower back. I'm always conscious of posture, if I 'relax' too much my stomach sticks out. I wonder if my injury was aggravated by that. Never had it this bad. Age perhaps?
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @EvMakesChanges thank you for such a detailed response! I will definitely try that. Do I understand this correctly to lie on my back? I have been told in childhood that I have an S shaped back (large hollow in the lower back) which has made some excersizes painful, requiring a pillow for support under my lower back. I'm always conscious of posture, if I 'relax' too much my stomach sticks out. I wonder if my injury was aggravated by that. Never had it this bad. Age perhaps?

Hi Pearl,
    You'll be lying on your stomach. Sorry - my wording was confusing. The reason for the pillow under your belly is so your back won't over extend and make the "S" more pronounced. Does that make sense now? I hate to put any more blame on "age" than necessary. Let's just say we live our lives every day and then, wham! Something gives out. Chances are, the inner structural muscles are slightly stretched out and now tight in that position which makes them weak. I've had similar issues - I can appreciate the process you're in! Hang in there. If you'd like to chat via phone (or zoom or FaceTime), my number is: 802-299-0704. Have a great afternoon!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    The exercise numbers are all updated on the step team now - sorry we were slow! It took a minute to get our procedure down. I think it will go super smoothly now :smiley:
  • smaidiigaa
    smaidiigaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Delighted to get in top 3, didn't expect that with such a little loss last week.

Monday weigh in
    CW 67.9 kg
    PW 68.1 kg

Tiny loss still better than nothing. Not unexpected-have not been tracking this week.
  • Pearl4686
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »

Hi Pearl,
    You'll be lying on your stomach. Sorry - my wording was confusing. The reason for the pillow under your belly is so your back won't over extend and make the "S" more pronounced. Does that make sense now? I hate to put any more blame on "age" than necessary. Let's just say we live our lives every day and then, wham! Something gives out. Chances are, the inner structural muscles are slightly stretched out and now tight in that position which makes them weak. I've had similar issues - I can appreciate the process you're in! Hang in there. If you'd like to chat via phone (or zoom or FaceTime), my number is: 802-299-0704. Have a great afternoon!

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I really appreciate that!
    Thankfully, my back is much better, and I feel I can excersize again. I do still feel it, but more like a niggle and less like pain. I am much more conscious of posture!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    15 march 10020 with a 10 minute skipping rope workout which was fun!

Got myself over 10k by doing jumping jacks in my pyjamas.
    I had everything prepared to make a cauliflower rice light supper but then got lazy and ended up eating my kids' mac 'n cheese. Hence the jumping workout to try mitigate some of the damage.
    Silver lining: got everything ready in the fridge for a meal tomorrow...
    Have a great day!
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    Thanks @micki48 for your comments, you're right, I shouldn't stress so much about one day of colouring a box. I can guarantee that I definitely got a workout that day that probably burned more calories than my freeweight training would have. 6 sheets of drywall down to the basement and then up onto the ceiling adds up!
    One thing I did notice from all the squats I've been doing, my quads are regaining the definition they used to have on the outer corner above my knee. Very excited for that NSV.

@jugar good luck with the drain today!
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    @conleywoods it's great to hear from you! 1800 calories is my body's perfect balance amount too it seems. I don't get snacky or cranky at that amount. Have you still been doing ballet?
This discussion has been closed.