Replies

• missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Username: missysave0612
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 218.9
    CW: 209.2

It's amazing how much water weight we hold! I took all my meds every day, cut back on portion sizes & limited the amount of pop I drank.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post March 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 80oz
    Steps 9027
    Exercise 30mins Treadmill

I spent some time doing sale stuff. I also went to the store to pick up stuff to finish out the kids' Easter baskets. After the kids went to bed for the night, I was at 5k steps. My husband and I watched the season finale of a show we've been watching and then I hopped on the treadmill and finished out my steps while watching one of my own shows.

So I've been considering having MFP recalculate my calories needed for about a month now. I haven't done it for about 6 months. Now that I'm getting closer to goal, I feel my weight loss becoming more erratic week to week and I'm having more and more weeks where my loss is minimal. I decided to have it do it this morning and it dropped my calories by 100. I kind of figured it would, so I'm going to switch to the lower calorie intake and see if my weight loss becomes a little more consistent again.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @missysave0612 WOW amazing loss. did you have to cut back on your pop alot? i hope you didn't get a headache from the cut.

@363days thanks for the comment about my pic. i took it back in the mid 80s either at the san diego zoo or sea world. he was a wild rescue that was being rehabilitated for release. his eyes were amazing from 5 feet away.

@lindamtuck2018 i usually log as i go thru the day with the exception of dinner, since i'm trying to plan that in the morning. i'll log that as my plans solidify and then just go back and alter the amounts after dinner.

I noticed a couple people talking about bounces despite not evereating. i get that alot and i used to fret over it. my nutritionalist had to remind me several times not to fret because it always comes back down. just watch the overall trend. i've learned to love the weight loss breaks i get every now and then. it lets my body get used to the new weight and move fat around in my body. after most of my loss breaks i notice that certain areas that carry alot of fat are squishier than they used to be. that led me to think that we have quick fat deposits and deep storage deposits and the breaks just allow our bodies to take some of the deep storage fat while it rebuilds the quick fat amounts. it may be totally wrong, but it just seems that way to me.

last night after i posted i had a snack attack before bed. i hate when i get those. i grabbed about 10 m & m instead of a handful and then reached for some roasted chickpeas i found in the store. i still stayed under my calorie for the day but i'm not happy. i think i'll do a slow walk this morning before it gets to hot.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Tator Tots - yes, I'm wondering if it is the sodium and reading your post, I don't drink enough water, either. I just had processed hash browns - I hate to throw everything away so I'm trying to slowly eat the processed foods and I will be drinking water all day. I'm glad you mentioned it. I forgot you lived in London. That sounds like such a romantic place to someone from Oklahoma.
    @mszoueb - ha! I see yo edited it one minute after my reply. I didn't know you could edit - how do you do that? I have typed things wrong in the past and have just left it, I couldn't figure it out.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning! I haven’t logged my steps in 2 days. Oops!
    Monday: 8700
    Tuesday: 7800

Missing steps from you on 3/28 (Sunday)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ....Happy last day of the Month (bye bye March ...Hello April :) I have an appointment with my Surgeon tomorrow (they called me yesterday talk about short notice ...Hopefully he is finally ready to set a date for my upcoming hernia surgery ....I am off to go walk with my A's (Alyssa my daughter and Aspen my husky ) :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/30: 13,479
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Tator Tots - yes, I'm wondering if it is the sodium and reading your post, I don't drink enough water, either. I just had processed hash browns - I hate to throw everything away so I'm trying to slowly eat the processed foods and I will be drinking water all day. I'm glad you mentioned it. I forgot you lived in London. That sounds like such a romantic place to someone from Oklahoma.
    @mszoueb - ha! I see yo edited it one minute after my reply. I didn't know you could edit - how do you do that? I have typed things wrong in the past and have just left it, I couldn't figure it out.

If you refresh the page after commenting then on your post to the right, you should see a cogwheel underneath the 3 dots that allows you to edit the post for an hour time limit :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @missysave0612
    Awesome loss! Just curious do you drink regular pop? I personally hate diet pop. I drink a regular coke on the weekend. Water weight baffles me especially when it comes to sodium. Some people don’t have any problems and I have something salty and my weight jumps 2 to 5 pounds.

@Tazaria87
    I recalculate at every 10 pounds. My calories went up because of my weight gain but now it’s starting to drop.

@rwood566
    I usually pre log my week in advance. I didn’t this week so I am going to make sure I do the week coming. Those snack attacks are awful. With me it is always when I have trouble sleeping.

@363days
    I am the same when it comes to food, no wasting. I live in London, Ontario. Not quite as romantic as going overseas. Oklahoma sound good to me especially if I got to meet Blake.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Enjoy your walk! I just got back from mine.

I don’t think I should have bought the chocolate for the kids today. Now I just have to keep repeating Linda, stay away from the Easter baskets!

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Oh, I was thinking of you in Canada and when I saw London I just assumed England! Online pictures look beautiful.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from our 5.85 (took us 130 minutes) ...it is quite warm here ....Daughter can't seem to get up at 6am since it is her spring break ...come summer time she will have to get up early for our walks because I am not going out when it is 100+ especially with a husky ...and then we come home and swim all afternoon :) sounds like a great plan to me :D
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

3/31
    Bike 35 minutes, 9 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 5,700

6 am? It’s still dark here 🤣 I love your summer plan, sounds good to me.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I was the one opposed to the bike. It was the kids that wanted it. My husband convinced me that we should get it, then the pandemic happened three months later. Glad we had it.

Now I’m the one who uses it, the kids complain about going on. 🤣
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!
    I did so well today with nutrition, until this evening they is when I indulged a little too much in ice cream unfortunately. Trying not to beat myself up about it though, but was mindful of the experience after so hopefully can ride out the sugar cravings better tomorrow
    Weight = 137.2lbs
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    3/31 steps: 8545! I’m pretty proud of that!
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @kdlgiannoulis
    Wednesday
    PW 136.2lbs
    CW 137.2lbs
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Would you like to join our step challenge?

Okay. I hope I don't fail as I pointed out earlier, weekdays okay, weekends are usually my rest days and I will really need to push myself. So I am going in the middle. Please put me down for 6,000 daily. How often do you have to check in?
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    i hope everyone has had a wonderful march.
    3/31
    steps 6723
    exercise 2.93 mile walk in 1 hour 47 seconds
    under 1800 calories
    logged food

time to up my water intake if this heat is going to continue. i'm not looking forward to 112 to 140 ounces a day. lots of trips to the boy's room. lol be careful tomorrow, everyone. it'll be april fool's day. luckily i'm a retired prankster.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/31
    Steps=6,938
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Would you like to join our step challenge?

Okay. I hope I don't fail as I pointed out earlier, weekdays okay, weekends are usually my rest days and I will really need to push myself. So I am going in the middle. Please put me down for 6,000 daily. How often do you have to check in?

You can enter your steps daily or once a week on Sunday
This discussion has been closed.