TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,553 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88, I had to Google Dyngus Day. It's origins and it's metamorphosis are very interesting! Apparently Hungary has a Dyngus Day, too, (although it is called something else) but that is on my husband's side. I also discovered that it is very big in Buffalo! So, Happy Dyngus Day to you as well!! What will you do today to celebrate seeing as you are not in Buffalo anymore?

@HASWLRS Buffalo is the Dyngus Day capital of the US. You should come down one year and check it out! Parades, drinking, dancing, drinking, *kitten* willows, drinking. Good times!! :D To celebrate I made placek, a Polish bread. Which is by no means low anything! It's basically butter sugar and eggs. LOL Recipe below, but I make a version that doesn't require yeast.

http://deliciousinspiration.blogspot.com/2011/04/polish-easter-placek.html
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88, I had to Google Dyngus Day. It's origins and it's metamorphosis are very interesting! Apparently Hungary has a Dyngus Day, too, (although it is called something else) but that is on my husband's side. I also discovered that it is very big in Buffalo! So, Happy Dyngus Day to you as well!! What will you do today to celebrate seeing as you are not in Buffalo anymore?

@HASWLRS Buffalo is the Dyngus Day capital of the US. You should come down one year and check it out! Parades, drinking, dancing, drinking, *kitten* willows, drinking. Good times!! :D To celebrate I made placek, a Polish bread. Which is by no means low anything! It's basically butter sugar and eggs. LOL Recipe below, but I make a version that doesn't require yeast.

http://deliciousinspiration.blogspot.com/2011/04/polish-easter-placek.html

The pictures in that recipe thread look very good! I have another MFP friend from the Buffalo area, so I wished her a Happy Dyngus Day, too! Apparently it is the thing to do if you are from Buffalo. Who knew? Thanks for the education!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Tues, April 6th
    Week 1 - Day 3
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1350
    Exercise - Yes iFit – Part 2: Obere Fluhmatt Hike in Engelberg, Switzerland
    Caloric Goal: 1500/Daily = 10500/Weekly
    Step Goal: 6000/Daily = 42000/Weekly
    👟Challenges💧
    78oz
    8445 Steps

That's so cool you can hike on iFit throughout the world!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Tuesday, April 6th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, I did my prescribed PT exercises for my knee
    steps: 11,775
    water: 12 cups (that might be why I had to get up in the night to pee!)

LOL on the 12 cups of water and the evening trip to the bathroom! Great day accomplishing your goals.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Hey all. I’m going to be going on vacation later this week.
    I will not have a scale so can I roll over my weight for week 1?
    Also, we are staying at a cabin in the mountains, our goal when we go there is to get away from everything in life including especially staring at our phones so I will be inactive until the middle of next week.
    See you all next week

Have a wonderful time!! That's great that you get away from your phones.
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Sunday, April 4th

Logged: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes, I went for a 25 minute walk and I did my physiotherapy exercises for my knee.

I made a casserole for dinner and it would have been very hard to log accurately, so I didn't even bother trying. I did go a little stupid, though, in eating too much just because I wasn't logging. I need to rein that behaviour in on days that I do not log for one reason or another.

I completely understand this - eating too much because not logging in! Can relate.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Christine, for the insight. That is very interesting that Garmin can set up a program for you based on the parameters you give it. It's a Vivoactive, you said?

@HASWLRS yes, I have the vivoactive 4. It was a little pricey, but it was definitely worth it.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 139.6lbs
    CW 141.4lbs

I have only ate a few mini eggs, and look where it got me!

Normal service will be resumed asap!

Don't stress the mini eggs, I'm sure you'll be right back to it next week! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    7th April
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    water: 105oz

30 minutes walking. Lots of water today. Started TOM yesterday, weigh in tomorrow!

@roz0810 great work!!! :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you ❤️
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/7/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 14,582
    Water: 96.9oz

Goals:
    Exercise 30 minutes each day:
    Sunday:✔ Monday:✔ Tuesday:✔Wednesday:✔
    Sleep a minimum of 7 hours
    Sunday: ✔Monday:✔ Tuesday:✔ Wednesday:✔
    Log/track all food, and complete diary daily Sunday:✔ Monday:✔ Tuesday: ✔ Wednesday:✔
    Complete garmin step goal:
    Sunday: ✔(goal: 13,260) Monday:✔(goal: 13,290) Tuesday:✔ (goal: 13,490) Wednesday:✔ (goal: 13,960)
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Wednesday April 7, 2021 9:13PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 52 oz
    Steps = 2,250
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Wed, April 7th
    Week 1 - Day 4
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1366
    Exercise - Yes iFit – Part 3: Obere Fluhmatt Hike in Engelberg, Switzerland(moderated)
    Caloric Goal: 1500/Daily = 10500/Weekly
    Step Goal: 6000/Daily = 42000/Weekly
    👟Challenges💧
    82oz
    9206 Steps

I had plans to start in on weightlifting this week but I always forget this time of month is the worst time to be pushing my body and my body has been trying to warn me!! So I’ve Been taking it very easy and pacing myself, doing extra stretches in between any walks. Also I’m taking a lot of warm baths which have really been helping alleviate some of the pressure I’ve been feeling on my lower back and abdomen.
    Looks like allot of our stimulus is going to my next water bill!!😱👀🛁🛁
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/7/21
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 min zumba
    Steps: 12,152
    Water: 152.1oz

@roz0810 Nice loss!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 254.8
    CW:251.4

I was very nervous due to TOM this week but phew!! I'm over the moon at this rate of loss 😁 😁

@roz0810 Great work!! 👍😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 7 April
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 88 oz
    Steps: 13,419
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday, April 7th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 41 minute walk
    steps: 11,733
    water: yes, 10 cups

It is so frustrating that Fitbit steps aren't syncing until the next day. I went to bed, I don't know, 500 cals in the red, but woke up to 200 in the green! I knew it was going to be that way, so I wasn't sweatin' it. However, I purposely didn't close out my diary, because then, on my news feed, it looks like I had a binge day! Since I am not making exercise posts, I like to have the "completed diary and under" post....it lets my friends know I am still here and still working the program!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 254.8
    CW:251.4

I was very nervous due to TOM this week but phew!! I'm over the moon at this rate of loss 😁 😁

@roz0810 , apparently you had nothing to worry about!! Keep on doing what you are doing because that is a great loss!!
This discussion has been closed.