TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Monday, April 12th

I didn't do much today, and that was my problem. I did my knee exercises, I got some groceries, and I threw a pork loin in the oven for dinner. That's it. So, very few steps and not enough calories to work with, and that caused me to throw in the towel and grab the Tostitos (and a few other things) and just start munching! So, waaaay over!! But, I am here this morning confessing my sins, so to speak, so that I can stop it here and now!!

water: I have got to start using my blue 1 litre water bottle, because when I use my 500 ml glass stein, I lose track of how many times I fill it! I am pretty sure I drank 10 cups, though
    steps: 4,678
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Just started T25 Alpha AbIntervals and I lasted all of 13 out of the 25 minutes! That was pretty brutal! I could have forced myself to finish it but I’m so glad I didn’t. 10 minutes later and my muscles were shaking😬 but maybe I’ll do this little by little and I can actually finish a dvd soon!

I realized yesterday that when I picked up the house and ran a few errands before my work shift started, I was burning quite a few calories based on my Fitbit activity. It made it so easy to exceed my step goal with my 30 minute treadmill jog in the evening. So I’m going to start breaking up my weekly grocery trip into segments every other day.

But it also got me thinking and searching the MFP Community to find more info on Non-Exercise activities that people use to slip in calorie burn. With many of us working and living more of a sedentary lifestyle these days, it was not hard to find group pages about these types of activities. The page I found (which I’ll link below if you need some ideas)describes it as NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, your job and chores and such)

So I’d like to start a round table discussion within our TBBT team to see what you guys do to increase your NEAT? You might not even be aware that you’re doing these things! But I’m asking you to reflect for a moment and maybe if you don’t have any methods what is something you could switch up in order to take more steps or make something more difficult so that you have to sweat? Over the next week Please share along with your posts!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p16
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 04/12
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps :8373
    Water: 96

Just for today 04/12: WW/keto 10, 6000steps 🚶‍♀️, 16hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm/ meditation, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hrs,

Yesterday : 04/12: WW/keto 9👍🏻, 6000steps 🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 16hrs IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚👍🏻, Daily calm/ meditation,👎🏻walk 30 min👍🏻, sleep 8 hrs👍🏻, BBD6👍🏻
  • HASWLRS
    @aquitteriamnot I love your attitude, and it definitely demonstrates how apt your user name is! You are admitting that you are struggling, but not once did you ever even hint that you might be giving up!! Today is a new day, and I hope that it is a good one for you. Pick one small goal, one that you know you have a reasonable chance of meeting, and do that today. That way, among everything else going on, you will have at least one virtually guaranteed success! Then tomorrow you can pick another one, and build on them.

@Krysless2 Are you walking on a treadmill with your iFit? It looks very interesting!

@roz0810 I am so glad that you had a good day yesterday and are back on track! I was worried that your curry meal on weigh-in day that you couldn't log had done you in.

@richmondwriter That's a good news/bad news kind of story! Very good that you got your second vaccine shot, but bad that you felt so tired. Bad that you have a case of poison ivy, but very good that you are able to see a dermatologist today about it! Hope you get some relief from it and that you feel generally better today!
  • HASWLRS
    @Krysless2 Yes, that is what I needed to be doing yesterday...increasing my calorie burn (in the form of more steps) from non exercise activities. My Fitbit and MFP are linked and the number of steps I get each day determines how many calories I get to consume. For me in my two story house with laundry in the basement, I can definitely walk up and down stairs and up and down hallways to increase my steps. I often put laundry away one handful at a time, as opposed to filling up a basket and taking it all up in one trip. I am also only a block from downtown, which in these pandemic times means mostly the grocery store and the drug store, and I will walk instead of drive when I can, and when I am not getting a week's worth of groceries!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    13th April
    logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes
    water: 70oz

30 minutes walking.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,466 Member
    @HASWLRS Darn those Tostitos anyway! They got me on Friday :| I had budgeted one serving but off course couldn't stop there. Get right back on that horse girlfriend!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    MUAC for 4/12:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: no

I was very tired yesterday from the COVID vaccine, but feel good today. Unfortunately, I also have a bad case of poison ivy from the other day, one of my eyes is very swollen. This is not related to the shot, as I had already started to develop it before then. But I'm not sure if I will be able to take steroids this time to treat it, due to the vaccine. I am seeing dermatologist today.

@richmondwriter I hope you get some relief from your poison ivy, that is the worst!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    @Krysless2 Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it so that I can go back and read through all 16 pages (eventually). When I worked in my office I was able to do a lot of things: I had a standing desk, I worked on the 3rd floor and took the stairs, my building is a big cube and I would go to the farthest ladies room (which was often), would walk to someone's desk rather than emailing them (I really miss that). Since I've been teleworking I've had to get more creative.

Weather and workload permitting (not too many meetings, etc) I get up every hour and walk to the end of my street and back, about 4 houses each way.

While my Keurig is making coffee I do laps around the house.

We live in a one story but my craft room and our exercise area are both in the basement so I find excuses to go down there throughout the day.

I try to stand and walk in place during meetings but am limited as my computer headphones are not wireless and I get tangled up easy. :D

Weekends are much easier for this sort of thing.

On Saturdays we go to the trash dump, Lowe's, Walmart and the grocery store. I can easily get 9k steps doing that especially if my husband is trying to chose between two items (which can take FOR-EV-ER) I will do laps up and down or around the aisle he's in.

Doing yardwork I get one piece of equipment out of the shed at a time, and put them back the same way.

We always park far away from the store and walk.

I do other things that don't involve getting steps like throwing my foot up on the vanity and doing hamstring stretches while brushing my teeth. LOL

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member

I do other things that don't involve getting steps like throwing my foot up on the vanity and doing hamstring stretches while brushing my teeth. LOL

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

You have some awesome ideas! I also like to do squats, lunges or countertop pushups when I am waiting for things in the kitchen, like water to boil or something in the microwave. They can add up!

I recently watched a Steve Harvey video about a 86 year old woman who lost 120lbs, and she just walks around her 1 bedroom apartment every day to get her steps. She also went vegan, and she has some really good advice about the word 'try' when he said he was trying to be vegan. She said 'Take the try right out of there. Trying leaves room for failure'' https://youtu.be/f9GxKAm7RN4
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited April 2021
    4/13/21
    Under: yes (over by 34 calories on mfp, but under my garmin goal by 6 calories- I don't think they've fully synced yet, the numbers are exactly the same)
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 15,563
    Water: 80oz

Goals:
    Exercise 30 minutes each day:
    S:✔ M:✔ T✔
    Sleep a minimum of 7 hours
    S: ✔ M:✔ T:✔
    Log/track all food, and complete diary daily S:✔ M:✔ T:✔
    Complete garmin step goal:
    S: ✔(goal: 15,060) M:✔ (goal: 15,100) T✔ (goal: 15,230)

Today was a 2mile cadence run: .5mi easy pace 1mi with 150+spm, .5 easy pace. I managed to run the middle mile at 4.7mph the entire mile. I honestly didn't think I would be able to run at that speed for the whole mile, but I did! I've been doing my easy runs between 4.0-4.5mph, but changing speeds all the time!

Tomorrow is a 2mi easy run, and I plan to complete that before I go to work in the morning. Let's hope I have the energy that early! :)
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    You all have been very active in my few days away. Good to read some motivational words.

Back from the cabin. The only downfall was it rained everyday. We usually start our day with hikes out there but that wasn’t happening. I’ll probably have a gain this week but it was worth it to get away from everything and get my head clear.
    I’m excited to get back to working out. Hoping to get back to the accountability challenge since I have been pretty inactive on here lately.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Tuesday April, 13, 2021 8:15PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 4,832
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    4/13/21
    Exercise: yes, 30 min elliptical
    Steps: 7;889
    Water: 135.2oz
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Tues, April 13th
    Week 2 - Day 3
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - Yes 1350
    Exercise - YesTreadmill and T25 abs workout
    Caloric Goal: 1500/Daily = 10500/Weekly
    Step Goal: 6000/Daily = 42000/Weekly

👟Challenges💧
    68oz
    9736 Steps
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER!! mfplm9608317. - 4.53%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO GUTBUSTERS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

April Week 1 is now in the books!! Awesome to all our winners! We're now carrying 64.3 lbs less as a whole! So awesome!!

A lot of big drops this week, lets carry that into Week 2!

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - mfplm9608317. - 4.53%
    2nd - Blshumway2010. - 2.55%
    3rd - Tdrjustus3. - 2.46%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 1.05%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.52%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.48%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @HASWLRS. - 1.94%
    2nd - @erikNJ. - 1.68%
    3rd - @cmhubbard92. - 1.62%

The Slimsons
    1st - mfplm9608317. - 4.53%
    2nd - Tdrjustus3. - 2.46%
    3rd - southgirl94. - 2.21%

Gutbusters
    1st - Blshumway2010. - 2.55%
    2nd - Shawtytel. - 2.09%
    3rd - NationalCapital. - 1.80%

Run Track Minds
    1st - AmyG1982. - 1.55%
    2nd - dracocapricorn. - 1.07%
    3rd - Red1185. - 0.62%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - TypingToaster. - 1.55%
    2nd - beshamama. - 1.01%
    3rd - Tina9572. - 0.99%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - mfplm9608317. - 8.6 lbs.
    2nd - Blshumway2010. - 8.2 lbs.
    3rd - Tdrjustus3. - 6.0 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 16.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 14.8 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 25.2 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - -4.6 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 12.7 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 64.3 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    ez5t9fwozqp3.png

Terrific efforts during week 1, team!
    Fabulous losses @erikNJ and @HASWLRS
  • DaffyGirl88
    Tuesday 13 April
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 108 oz
    Steps: 14,892
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Awesome job, team & special shout out to the fabulous losses by @HASWLRS, @erikNJ, and @cmhubbard92!

MUAC for 4/13:
    Exercised: yes - lots of housework and took pup on a walk
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    @DaffyGirl88 - terrific and well thought out tips!

• HASWLRS
    @annabananamc Oh, that Miss Jessica is priceless!

@erikNJ Welcome back, Erik! Glad to hear your head is cleared and you are ready to dive right back in!!

@cmhubbard92 Well done on your weight loss for the first week of April!! Your March gain will be a distant memory very, very soon!
This discussion has been closed.