Replies

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/24: 8,077
    4/25: 9,064
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @kerdil08 still a loss even if tiny & you've achieved with running. Sounds like a lot on the go at the moment- just keep with it.
    @CharmingPassion still a tiny loss not gain. A lot going on for you this week- I'm sure you'll get your mojo back but take some time for you.
  • klassie12
    klassie12 Posts: 19 Member
    klassie12
    Tuesday
    PW: 150
    CW:150.6

I have noticed that my water intake has gone down drastically and I have been not caring as much. As of today, the water intake goes back up and I care! I have 10 more pounds to lose before reaching my first big goal.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Username: gillexplores
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 158.9lbs (April 4)
    CW: 161.1lbs

After my maintenance break, I actually feel pretty good. I know I can stay within an approx. 4lb range for two weeks, and have a better idea of how to eat for maintenance once I get there. I also weighed in at 158.6 on Friday, so I know today’s is just fluctuations, not an actual gain. All in all, a good experiment!

Just gotta stick to my deficit now.

WELCOME BACK @gillexplores !! Good luck as we all wrap up April!
    Jess

Thanks, Jess!!
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Steps

April 25: 10,972
    April 26: 15,215
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Enjoy your day off with family @angmarie28.

@klassie12 I need to make the same commitment as you. My water intake has been very low lately and I have just been slacking in general with my diet and exercise, it's time to get back on my plan.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/26: 8,188
    4/27: 10,263
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Steps:

3/26 - 6,462
    3/27 - 8,316
    3/28 - 6,606
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh-In
    PW: 223
    CW: 223

Steps

4/26- 8,125
    4/27- 5,922
    4/28- 5,658
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    You have a new member heading your way ..... Please welcome @goonies73 :)
  • JoDavo66
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    4/26-5,918

I can not wait for everything to slow down. Im so tired that I havent been working out, I just can not roll out of bed. I have been stress eating, ugh. trying hard to at least quit eating all the time. Some family that lives 16 hours away is in town (well an hour away) so I am taking tomorrow off and we are headed there tonight to see them. It will be a much needed day off, my first day off in a month.

You are having a time of it! Sending BIG HUG & lots of admiration for you sticking it out on here. Been there & done that with stressful job where I was working ave 80 hours a week when kids younger. I know sometimes it's hard/impossible to get out of a situation due to the circumstances at the time. So just wanted to let you know I think you're amazing for still trying. Totally relate to stres eating, my comfort food, most of my life, has been chocolate flavour! Enjoy your time off with family.
  • JoDavo66
    klassie12 wrote: »
    klassie12

I have noticed that my water intake has gone down drastically and I have been not caring as much. As of today, the water intake goes back up and I care! I have 10 more pounds to lose before reaching my first big goal.

That's really interesting. I was very focussed on my water intake during last UK lockdown and was aiming for 3l/day. Back at work it is much harder to keep up that intake but I hear what you're saying and interestingly I think it's similar for me!
    PT at gym always said- the first step in any training programme whether muscle gain or weight loss - is to get your water right & ensure adequate hydration.
  • JoDavo66
    jenready wrote: »
    Enjoy your day off with family @angmarie28.

@klassie12 I need to make the same commitment as you. My water intake has been very low lately and I have just been slacking in general with my diet and exercise, it's time to get back on my plan.

New month about to start: go for it.
  • JoDavo66
    Hello & Welcome @goonies73
  • JoDavo66
    l45cv5fcc9dr.jpg
    :D
    My PTposted a clip of me doing backward lunges from yesterday - I couldn't bend down properly when I started training with him so we've done a lot of strength work to get my mobility improved so it was an achievement. However I've about 4stone over my goal weight so it wasn't very flaterring. Training today I was thinking about the 'goal' selfie! :D:D I can't wait to see the imporvement in a few more months.
  • JoDavo66
    Just a question as me not motivator:
    Do you log your exercise calories on MFP?
    I used to but my PT recommended a colleague who was doing on-line training over the lockdown months & she didn't recommend it.
    What's your throughts? I don't want to eat my extra, especially id I have really good burn of 400+
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 911 Member
    @JoDavo66 I log all my exercise & occasionally I do go over my daily calorie allowance so may use some of my exercise calories.However I don't like doing it as I think I am doing this to be healthier & lose weight.So what's the point of exercising if you just going to eat more than you probably need.They say you need to have a calorie deficit & use more calories than you eat to lose weight.I am no expert just my personal opinion.I would be interested in what other team members do.
  • JoDavo66
    @JoDavo66 I log all my exercise & occasionally I do go over my daily calorie allowance so may use some of my exercise calories.However I don't like doing it as I think I am doing this to be healthier & lose weight.So what's the point of exercising if you just going to eat more than you probably need.They say you need to have a calorie deficit & use more calories than you eat to lose weight.I am no expert just my personal opinion.I would be interested in what other team members do.

I was told a daily deficit of 500, for 1lb a week. I'm sure I gain on that! 🤣🤣🤣.
    I've set my daily intake low but often am a few over & it looks bad to me when I've also earned a lot.
    Tonight gone way over, but still within my 500 deficit.
This discussion has been closed.