Shrinking Assets - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    ATTENTION SHRINKING ASSETS

MAY IS ABOUT TO START -- NEW THREAD WILL OPEN SUNDAY!!!!

What do y'all think about a team challenge? Maybe find a one on one within the team? Want to call out another challenger and dual with them?

For Example:

@Be_theBest_Me -- I challenge you to a 6 lb loss the month of May. Want to take my challenge?

Feel free to chime in and toss out those challenges!!!

I accept your challenge and I challenge you to lose 7!!! Whoever hits the goal the other has to buy the winner those Carhartt leggings we were drooling over!! Oh yeah!!!!
  • fsennett
    fsennett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fsennett
    Monday
    PW:217
    CW: 217
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the team @ExerciseExtraFries !

I love the team face-off challenge idea @Beka3695 threw, so I’m going to challenge our newbie @ExerciseExtraFries ! Not to a weight loss challenge though, but to getting that water in. Let’s do this together, wanna suggest a goal for drinking goal for both of us to hit? I’m also struggling with drinking enough currently, as this baby seems to steal all the hydration out of my body AND make water taste gross. I used to love drinking water... (I’m 4 months pregnant so definitely not losing any weight. May is all about eating, drinking water and exercising moderately to stay as healthy as possible and keep growing the bump.)
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Went off the rails a bit yesterday. Had dinner out with a long time friend (first dinner out in over 8 months). I went in with a rigid resolve. I'd checked out the menu before hand and knew I was ordering a glass of cabernet sauvignon, the 6 oz filet mignon and the asparagus.

Things turned out a bit differently once I got to the restaurant. We shared a short rib pop tart of horseradish cream and crispy shallots for an app and split a lemon cream crepe cake for dessert. In between those two, I had my filet and asparagus. I don't know what happened. My resolve left the building!

Needless to say, today is a new day and I am being Uber diligent with my macros and snacking. After all, weigh day is tomorrow.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:156.8
    CW:157

Slowing going in the wrong direction but I am still within 5 pounds of my lowest weight and 7 pounds away from healthy BMI.
    Surgery is on Monday. I can't wait to get it over with so I can start the healing process, relax, reset, readjust and break through.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
  • hipari
    Options
    I had a maternity appointment today, and apparently I need to start watching my diet and exercise more carefully as I have gained a little too quickly. The nurse was very understanding and pretty much had the attitude of ”what happens in 1st trimester nausea stays in 1st trimester nausea”, but now I still have to watch my diet more carefully.

Surprisingly, I hadn’t weighed myself since the previous appointment in the beginning of March, and my guess of how much I weigh now was spot on. Now I just have to focus more on getting my vegetables and daily walks in!
  • ExerciseExtraFries
    ExerciseExtraFries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning, gang! How are we all doing today.
    Congratulations @hipari on your pregnancy! Is this your first? I'll happily take your challenge, Im doing absolutely atrocious at the water game right now. I just bought a mammoth mug on the weekend thinking I would crush it. I got home, filled it up and set it in the fridge. I have been sipping at it now and again but its been 5 days and its not even half way gone. :s How many cups are you able to get in right now? Let's figure out a goal for us both to keep us challenged this month.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW:157.4
    CW:157.2

I'll take it considering my disastrous Wednesday night dinner. I read once, "A few bad days can't ruin a weight loss plan, only giving up can do that". Today is a new day and I'm determined to make it a good one.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    savannahs21
    Friday
    PW:224.9
    CW: 224.7
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Socajam
    Friday
    PW: 185.2
    CW: 185.4
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 153.2
    CW 153.4 (+.2 pnds)
    TLD -70.6 pnds

Still holding steady. Have a great weekend!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Team

@kelgen02 and @boehle have been super busy lately.... they txt me their weigh ins for the week.

Kelly is 253.8
    Julie is 171.0
  • hipari
    Options
    @ExerciseExtraFries Thanks! Yeah, this is my first, and unless the last 5 months of pregnancy are a miraculous and glowing time of mystical wonder or birthing causes selective memory loss about pregnancy this will also be my last - so far pregnancy has been awful. I haven’t really measured or kept track how many cups I actually get in, but I know it’s not enough (as gross as it is, urine doesn’t lie). Pre-pregnancy I was really good at drinking water, but pregnancy made it gross. During the worst nausea weeks I had to add concentrated lemon or lime juice to help get it down, have you tried that to help you?

I’ve never found the one mug in the fridge thing helpful - instead, I have several identical water mugs that I leave around the house so I always have water on hand when I feel even a little bit like I could drink. One on my desk, one on the table next to the couch, one in the kitchen. At the office I was a really good water drinker, I had one mug on my desk and kept emptying it so I had the excuse of getting more water to take a little break and walk into the kitchen.

I’ll try to take note about my current water amounts on Monday! This is a holiday weekend here in Finland, so it would be hard to get an idea of how much I drink on a regular day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way .....Please welcome @CaydensMommy :)
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello Shrinking Assets! My name is Jessica. I'm 36 and live in NC, USA. I've always been bigger but since a minor knee surgery last year, I've still had issues with it some. Mainly because of my weight I believe. And since the surgery, I've swelled uobri my biggest. 😖 3 weeks in doing Keto/low carb, it seems to be working for me. Since I've joined this group I am hoping it will be even more motivation to keep going! Currently 337, ultimately wanting to get to around 180. I got a long way to go but 1 day at a time! I'm so happy to be back in this challenge after a long 2 years! 😁
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    Hello Shrinking Assets! My name is Jessica. I'm 36 and live in NC, USA. I've always been bigger but since a minor knee surgery last year, I've still had issues with it some. Mainly because of my weight I believe. And since the surgery, I've swelled uobri my biggest. 😖 3 weeks in doing Keto/low carb, it seems to be working for me. Since I've joined this group I am hoping it will be even more motivation to keep going! Currently 337, ultimately wanting to get to around 180. I got a long way to go but 1 day at a time! I'm so happy to be back in this challenge after a long 2 years! 😁

Hey hey!! Welcome to the group!!! May is gonna be my best month ever!! Going green all month!!! Let's do this!! 💚
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    Y'all I just ate so gooooood bbq for real!! Saved all my calories for it today!! Yes yes I did!! Now I'm sleepy!!
  • janek1705
    janek1705 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Username: Janek1705
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW : 266.8
    CW: 263.6(-3.2lb)
    So sorry I'm late! Had a great week with some adjustments to my calories that totally paid off. Hoping to do just as well next week! I am now at my all time low!! Yaay.
  • hipari
    Options
    I’m so happy!! Yesterday at my appointment the nurse was so concerned about my blood pressure she said she’d ask other colleagues whether it can wait until my doctor’s appointment 3 weeks from now, or whether I should come in earlier to get a doctor’s opinion and decision about treatment. After the appointment I went and bought a blood pressure meter to use at home and keep track, since I’m one of those people who stress about it at the doctor’s office. I set it up and tried today, tested 3 times and all three measurements were completely within the normal range! I’m so happy and relieved, The nurse said she’d call me next week if I need to come in, I think I’ll keep measuring every day and call her on Monday to let her know I get normal readings at home.

This is a holiday weekend here, and we shared the baby news with some relatives yesterday. My cousin is so excited she gets to be an ”aunt” (all her own step-siblings are 15-20 years younger than her, she’s tight with me and my sister and her daughter calls us aunts too) and she told the cutest story. She told her 4-year-old daughter she’ll be getting a second cousin (closest thing to a cousin she’ll likely get during her childhood), and the 4-year-old had announced they need to go buy some tiny socks for my baby <3

This holiday weekend is traditionally a carnival/outdoor celebration type thing and I’m really sad to see it not happen for a 2nd year in a row, but at least we have some friends coming over for brunch and we haven’t seen them since January. Tomorrow my mom is hosting her annual ”opening of bbq season” party with limited amount of guests, but we’re having a bbq lunch with immediate family plus my aunt and uncle. I’m not sure if I’ve seen them since last May Day weekend exactly one year ago. Best part is, I get to see friends and family in person, show off my baby bump and not worry about my blood pressure!
This discussion has been closed.