Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,024 Member
    Happy Monday! :) We had a great day at the zoo. It was hot and I walked 12,000 steps so I am tired today.
    0uawaeaeb16j.jpg
    Bryanna will be cleaning my house today and I will be going to another grocery store for better meat. I want to make bar b que ribs for the Holiday Monday when my son and his wife are here. We will also be going for movie night Sunday at the kiddos house. Saturday out to dinner with Bryanna so cooking Friday, Sunday and Monday. Pork roast, chicken and ribs are on the menu.
    Tomorrow sitting, Wednesday possible lunch with Joe, Thursday meeting so another busy week.

Jackie, it seems like your winter isn't going away, will the weather just turn hot one day and it will be summer??

Anne, so sorry you are having such problems with MFP, when do you expect your new laptop??

Jeri, what a beautiful area to walk and wonderful you were able to see your grandson. Always good to hear from you.

Patsy, you sound so happy having your son with you and I don't blame you. I was so happy to see my son after a year I completely understand your feelings. I am glad your daughter also stays in touch even with her problems.

Lin, your puzzle was beautiful as is that painting. I use Last Pass for my passwords and I did change my internet password from the one they used and so far I have been lucky. I do everything online so I am cautious about not opening any strange email or links especially on Facebook.

Bob, do we again have to send ransom?

Have a great day everyone and keep staying safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,071 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello, I have been fussing about with little chores. I was texting with a friend and she is interested in blue tomatoes so I put together a packet with a few seeds, stuck it in a card, encased that in a plastic card holder and sent it off to her. I would have shared seeds with her earlier is she would have said something. She had said “no seeds” - I am only using plants from the garden center this year. Guess she changed her mind and still has space in her garden.

I attended a Zoom meeting today. Interesting! They have another session at a higher level but that one is not free so I will have to think that over. Tomorrow is another Zoom meeting and the topic is watercolors. Should be fun.

Oh, a hummingbird just zipped by the window. Gosh, I love them! I saw a photo of a very unique hummingbird yesterday. I think the person taking the photo was in Nova Scotia.

e8cb5d4ezoq6.jpeg

Jackie, wow, do you think you will have a switch to hot and dry weather? We have much warmer and muggy weather expected. Perhaps storms tomorrow but the temperature is forecast to drop from 80 degrees F to around 60 degrees F by the end of the week. Bouncing around. Your friend really has moved around a lot. That would not be my choice unless it was a necessity. Did she like your greenhouse? I hope much progress was made today on your remodeling.

Sandy, lovely photo. Look at that boy. He is growing so much. Long legged cutie! Your week is crazy busy. Best wishes for a super great time!

Anne, darn, lost your post. Annoying. I hadn’t heard Apple was releasing new laptops soon. But then I do not keep track of anything much these days. 🤣😂

Jeri, wonderful to hear from you and thank you for the photos. That little one is growing tremendously! You look great. Happy walking to you and how brave—going for hill climbing.

Patsy, has your son gone home? Or will stay through the upcoming holiday?

Hello Barbie and Bob. Hey Diane, stop by!!

Back to my tiny little chores.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️😂

Teapot….it’s a lemon.

anw5lxo928jz.jpeg

• Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Evening all. Here I am creeping in the back door again, but not for long because it was a dreadful shock seeing my long post disappearing before my eyes. I swear I didn't do anything to cause this disappearing trick. Anyway just popped in
  • Annsie35
    What happened! Everything above just froze on me and I had to turn the iPad off to get on again!
    As I was saying.....I've just popped in to let you know Michael is helping me buy a new iPad next week so I hope to be back with you all very soon soon
  • Annsie35
    And it happened again!!! ANNE
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Hello ladies,

Thank you for the nice welcome back.

Annie - it is definitely frustrating when you lose your post. I do it all the time. Ed has had both vaccine shots and I had my first. Definitely waiting on edge for my second.

Jackie - we had a rainy day here as well but nothing like yours. In keeping with my #walk365 commitment I went out for a 1 mile walk. It wasn’t too bad.

Sandy - what a great picture of you all. Looks like so much fun.

Lin - what a beautiful picture. I have a Zoom book club meeting tonight.

I do Zoom Weight Watcher meetings 3x a week. Zoom is so good for that. WW’s program is really good now. I have been back at lifetime now for almost a year and I credit that to attending the zoom meetings.
    They have Peer Group Meetings as well as the regular ones. I do Seniors, Lifetime and the regular Calgary one.

I don’t think I told you, but Ed had emergency surgery about a month ago for a hernia and bowel resection at 4:30 am. He was in the hospital for 2 days and then convinced them to let him go home. He is recovering quite well but we had to cancel a week trip to Banff to celebrate our anniversary and Ed’s 75 bd and a camping trip. We’ve rebooked another getaway, this one in Canmore mid June but camping is pretty well sold out so we’ll play that y ear when we think it’s safe. Too easy to lift things you shouldn’t and too far away from the city if you have an emergency. Here’s how we celebrated at home.

vo4tml3knfzz.jpeg

Ed is from Nova Scotia so lobster is always a treat.

Keep well

Jeri

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Good morning everyone, although almost midday here. We’re just back from our first walk on the moors in months. No rain first thing so it seemed a good idea to take George and Betty on a long, long walk to get rid of some of their frustrations being confined to the garden room. Me too of course and I’m also getting back ache and a sore hip from too much sitting about. It was cold walking so I was glad I had my fleece lined jacket on but at least rain held off until we were on our way home.
    wx28pi9fzorx.jpeg

Apparently the wettest May on record for Wales and that’s not far from Cornwall so I’m guessing we’ll have broken records too. This time last year it was averaging 25c with glorious sunshine but 10c is our best so far although it might warm up slightly by the weekend.

A lemon teapot Lin! Perfect for Earl Grey and a slice. 🍋. Sue loved the greenhouse but couldn’t believe the trouble I went through to get it delivered and constructed. She is a proverbial rolling stone plus she appears to either upset her neighbours or make poor decisions about where to live. She’s a kind and likeable lady and is now used to me laughing at all the Facebook conspiracy theories she believes in but I can tell paranoia gets the better of her because she still says the virus is fake news so refuses to get vaccinated! Anyway, as she left here to go and view a property that’s been on the market since last October I said perhaps check out the neighbours as well as the house!
    Blue tomatoes sound interesting. I’m growing black cherry and bite size this year and have been promised a golden variety from Louise next door.

Goodness Sandy, it’s amazing how those gorgeous kids have grown as it doesn’t seem that long ago you were posting photos of the newborn babes. I think you’ve been like a coiled spring waiting to bounce free of lockdown and whoosh, you’re away! Busy times but enjoyable too.

Jeri, without the dogs I’m not sure I would be committed to daily walks in the rain in fact I know I wouldn’t! Camping seems to be a favourite holiday in the UK this year as so many popular foreign destinations struggle to control the virus. Hopefully you will get your break next month. Mmm, I remember enjoying Nova Scotia lobster on an east coast vacation… yummy!

Oh Anne, I do feel for you losing posts. We’ve all been through it and when it happens to me I’m convinced it’s still sitting somewhere in my iPad waiting for me to find it. Re typing is never the same is it. 🤬

The local mobile ice cream van man must have been over enthusiastic when the sun appeared for a short while this morning because I just heard his tinkling bell ringing “Popeye the sailor man” as he’s driven through the village. Not much takers now it’s raining I bet.

I can hear plaster being scraped on to walls and yesterday we worked out how best to position the loo and it’s macerator in the old airing cupboard so I finally feel we’re moving forward.

Time for some lunch. Continue to take care everyone.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Happy Tuesday! :) Sorry Jackie, but our weather is just beautiful, although Thursday, Friday and Saturday much cooler. I hope it is not too cool for movie night Sunday. Sitting today so should be able to be outside in the sunshine. I have my A/C on and really hate it but it is too hot without it.

Anne, missing you already but hopefully your new IPad will arrive and you will be back with us soon. If any pressing news just let me know and I will post it for you.

Jackie, I keep meaning to ask this question and finally remembered. So when you say loo can I presume you mean toilet? Do you mean you made a bigger bathroom with sink and toilet? What did you have before the remodel. So it is run by a pump since you don't have city water correct? Are you on a well and septic? I know these are strange questions but you have me confused, sorry. Beautiful picture once again and glad you finally go to walk on the Moors.

Jeri, you look great, all that walking and WW is paying off. Lobster tail is one of my favorite but not so much the whole lobster, I end up shooting it all over the room. I am so sorry to hear about Ed and hope he continues to make a good recovery. Enjoy your time away together and Happy 75th Birthday to Ed and Happy Anniversary to the both of you.

Lin, yes, Robby is growing fast, I think he will be tall like his dad. You notice how small I am next to him, all my children take after their father in height. Enjoy those zoom meetings they sound informative. Miss my hummingbird he is just not coming around very often, not like last year. Maybe he was tired of being isolated like the rest of us.

Barbie and Bob, have you left us???

Have a good day and continue to be careful but have fun.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Morning all –

Been a very busy 4 days…almost feels normal. Friday spent the evening at Scoops Ice Cream - several hours of live music with friends and family (Daughter w/ husb & kids, ex with her husb etc.).

2jx761sbkmws.jpg

Been doing lots of work around the house – Jean has her veggies planted etc. Had to skip the gym one day with hip issues (oddly enough Jean had similar). Had to laugh at pic I saw of The Monkees (photo) confirming we all age. I was more Beatles/Rolling Stones.

5adncrnk5rj4.jpg

Sunday was great and spent half the day with family at my sister’s home. Her church had a guest speaker (about 50 yrs old) re: storms in our lives – it was moving. He has operated a local Chick-fil-A for 3 yrs and previous worked 20 yrs at IBM. Chick-fil-A gets 30-40k people wanting to be operators and only award about 100 and half come from existing employees. He talked of 8 yrs ago dealing w/ alcoholism (quit) and rough childhood etc. Life was going good now – until he didn’t feel well for a few weeks and on Mar 17th doctors confirmed a terminal illness - ALS. He went on to explain his faith and still feeling blessed (while admitting some rough moments too). Found it inspiring and another reminder that just being alive is a blessing.

200nt6xcy1sd.jpg

Oop’s – Just realized that was a bit long. LOL

Sandy – Like you… Jean always washed our masks after 1-2 uses. Also kept new ones in the car just in case. Fortunately, 75% of places no longer require (although employees at gym, record store etc still wear – but have a tentative date to stop in the next month or so).

DesinyUSA is mask-free but a few stores still require. SPEAKING OF DESTINYUSA – Disneys Store just announced they are leaving next month… I can’t imagine what is going to happen – but doesn’t look good. Lots of debt and most main stores going or gone. Really miss JCP. Oh well, out of our control. I hear ya on the onion recipe – I love them and Jean wouldn’t touch a stuffed onion for $100.00 LOL.

Lin – Yes the weather has been great and really have taken advantage every day. Went to the lake just to hang and soak in some sun and smiles. As noted above – not only are the bargains leaving – so are the stores. LOL; I hear ya on the bills in the mail box… still waiting for Publishers Clearing House to come through. Hahaha. Good luck with the zucchini!

phct9a05s1fq.jpg

Patsy – Killing Eve -- "I have to kill you now." - everybody's favorite humorous but cold assassin “Villanelle” Hope you enjoy!

Anne – No pool action yet. My daughter said they need to get a new liner. Looking forward to the annual picnic at my nephews next Monday – but too many people to expose this body LOL. No 1000 Island cruise yet. Wanted to go, but the only “real nice 100% sun days” were booked for other commitments. Hoping June some time.

Hope to catch up on reading all the posts later.

Have a great afternoon. Hope everyone is healthy! Bob

1fcw1fzabhqe.jpg

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    A very cold wet day again. It is so strange. Wearing sweaters and coats and it is almost June. I am reading in Oregon Health Authority newsletter to take very small steps in rejoining the outside world. We are doing okay, we still have a large odd group of people who refuse to be vaccinated. What can we do? They believe what they believe!

Damon had to leave earlier than he planned. He will return next week. The director of the movie he is working on is a woman and this is her first movie. She keeps changing her mind and has a meltdown every day or so. She has an enormous budget for this movie and spends time, money and energy like water. She insisted on a bunch of changes....ASAP! Oh well. Damon said he will use the pay to repair his boat. He is having it hauled out of the water and the bottom inspected and scraped. Good idea but very expensive.

Need an eye exam, way over due on that. I want to get my tests and appointments set up again.

Sandy: I look very short next to our son as well. I am shrinking in height but even though I have lost weight, I am still round in shape. Just a little smaller ball. How annoying is that?

Jackie: I too have been confused about your new “loo.” Are you putting a toilet in a closet next to your kitchen? At least that is my impression. I understand wanting the convenience of a downstairs toilet and hand washing sink. Katie gets lazy during winter. She is currently bored with her food. We have promoted a very spoiled little princess. She stands right in front of me when she gets wet from rain. “I would like a towel off, right now, if you please!” She still enjoys her ball games, even in the rain. I do not!

Coffee and a yoghurt smoothie for breakfast. KD Lang singing blusy with Tony Bennet.
    Old CD 🎶🎶🎶 but a favorite.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    edited May 2021
    Hi everyone. A busy day, for me at least. Did some straightening up around the house this morning. Especially needed since I dropped a container of unpopped organic popcorn in the kitchen. Of course the lid came off and I had popcorn everywhere. I think I finally captured all of it.

The repairman was here to fix my washer. He apologized for the long delay on obtaining the part. I said I thought they would call me and say, sorry, we cannot get that part. The washer is too old. He said, well, I ordered the part and they actually didn’t have one, they had to make it which is why it took longer than usual. I guess with that explanation, 4+ weeks is not that bad.

I have been washing clothing since he left.

Around lunchtime, the new service I hired last night showed up. Signed up primarily for the guarantee to keep my property free of cicada killer wasps (actually all wasps) this year. But they also eradicate loads of other bugs like ants, spiders, millipedes, box elder bugs etc. etc. The service is available both inside and outside. Price is the same but I did not want them spraying indoors. The technician said ants are running amuck due to the continual rain. He consulted with me a few times while scouting out ant hills and wasp nests.

I have been searching for a few gardening supplies but didn’t find what I wanted.

Zoom watercolor class this afternoon. It was also interesting.

Patsy, I am sorry your son had to leave early but it is great that he will return. And it is also a plus that he is earning more money for boat maintenance. We have a chilly long weekend on the way. Humm, a yogurt smoothie. Yummy!

Bob, definitely a busy few days for you and some great photos! I actually thought the two surviving Monkees looked pretty good and I recognized them. I now regularly read the updates on my home town page and I tell you what, I recognize very few of the people I knew when I lived there. A few are still quite like their under age 18 photos. A mirror like Dorian Gray? Plastic surgery? Great genes? That is definitely not the norm. For the majority, if a high school photo is also posted as well, then I may see the resemblance to their younger self.

Sandy, on the move once again this week. Busy lady! And all of those kids are going to be tall! And cute of course. I am sure you are missing your hummingbird. They are adorable.

Jackie, I am glad you did get out for a walk today. These are varieties of ‘blue’ tomato seeds I purchased.

evewx7mbps9f.jpeg

cxf7bj5gbhyc.jpeg

I had some black cherry tomatoes last year. Very good yield but the skins were really tough. But I will be pleased just to have some vegetables. 🍅🥕🥬🥔🍠🫑🧅🧄
    Well, maybe not all of these items.

Jeri, that looks like a nice home celebration. I hope Ed continues to heal and recover. Do you have an appointment for your second shot?

Need to move along. Storms may roll in tonight. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 We do not receive damaging hail. Wish I could have kind of cover that I could roll out over my containers in threatening weather. 🧐

Hope everyone is safe. Hi Barbie, Connie and Diane. Anne, we need you back soon!

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Teapot, can you believe it? 🤣😂🤣

xh5p4xy339q9.jpeg

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Jackie, I loved the picture you posted, it’s gorgeous. With being so restricted by shutdowns etc I decided to stretch my boundaries this year. Heavens I never walk outside in the winter but I bought cleats for my shoes and I did it. And yes Nova Scotia lobster is delicious.

Sandy - I’m an expert now at eating whole lobsters. I learned from the best. LOL. I love eating a whole lobster because the meat from the legs, body and claws is so tasty. I noticed too how you are going to be overtaken height wise. Five of our grands are taller than me and Lukas will soon be there too.

Bob - it sounds like you have been having a great time. That’s quite the picture of the Monkees. I especially enjoyed the picture of the water. Brought back good East coast memories.

Patsy - it’s cold and wet here today too. But I bundled up and went out anyway. #walk365

Lin - the watercolor class sounds great. I bet you’ll be finding stray popcorn from time to time. LOL

Very busy day today. Walk around the neighborhood, shopping for appliances, more walking. With a lot of effort I’ve got in my 20,000 steps. That took a couple of walks inside to accomplish.

Here’s a collage from one of my walks this week

9n7cudhazmhz.jpeg

Keep well everyone. Hugs.

Jeri

• NikonPal
    Mornin all!

Started with 100% Eric Clapton for 1+ hours on treadmill at 6am…by 9am it was sunny and 81 and headed for an 87 high. On the downside the weather report says there could be a strong thunderstorm with damaging winds starting around 12pm. Such is life…and zero chance of snow. Jean is getting ready to leave at 11am to meet a girlfriend for either lunch or ice cream (at Friendly’s). I’m going to head over to the mall and possible used music store before the weather turns. Finally back on track eating the right amounts etc.

x45lpmpy7lnx.jpg

Patsy – OMG – sweaters and coats!!! Horrible… Glad U are starting to rejoin the outside world. Completely agree re: vaccination and I do understand the hesitancy by some and I do not know what I would do with re: to young children. For me, I simply looked at the fact I am in the vulnerable category (over 65, multiple comorbidity – CVD, auto-immune issues etc) so it ended up being a no-brainer. My daughter and I never really discussed 1-on-1, but I knew her family was getting vaxed and therefore would be happy if we did…so all in all it was a win for everyone.
    Things are changing rapidly around here and I have noticed policy changes at some businesses being updated from their initial notices. Everyone is just adjusting. It is nice to interact and see smiles for sure.

Lin – Glad you are so busy…but sorry about the popcorn all over the floor. A couple weeks ago, a “large” cooking dish fell in the kitchen and broke into a 1000 pieces. I was glad Jean saw it happen and not my fault – LOL – you know how guys are.

Kind of you to be so understanding about the washer repair. As for the Monkees…umm…I guess they both looked better than Peter Tork and Davy Jones right now (a little sick humor LOL). Time marches on for us all and I am just glad to feel the sunshine. Maybe, I will replace some of my mirrors with paintings. Hahaha…

So true on not recognizing people. Jean and I both have run into former classmates and not recognized them. Only a couple weeks ago, Jean told me of a tory where an old guy in the store was starring at her nicely and she thought “hey, I must look ok today” – then he spoke…”Jean, is that you?” It was an old school mate. LOL I have never attended a high school reunion and haven’t felt the urge. I do wish the old Catholic school my entire family attended since my dad graduated 1in 1928 would have one for ALL years. It was very small and I doubt there would be more than a few hundred. Love the saddle teapot…now if I only lived in Arizona.

Jeri – True – We have enjoyed being in bloom and feeling more human each day. The Monkees weren’t The Beatles or Rolling Stones – but I did have a few albums, watch the TV show and even owned a double-breasted shirt at one point (what a dork LOL).

Love your collage and wonderful to know you are walking, shopping and taking-in nature.

Jean and I hope to hang at the lake more this year. It isn’t that far and winter comes too fast. Thursday, we might take a ride to Rudy's Lakeside Drive-In (Oswego NY) on the shores of Ontario Lake. It’s been around since 1946 and known for its fish/chips – to be honest, we just enjoy being at a picnic table over looking the lake. We sometimes will visit Fort Oswego that was est in 1727 and was the site of a battle between British and French.

Off to enjoy the day before the storm

Warm wishes to everyone…. Have a great day! Bob

I'll leave you with...
    ct2m8ifo87nn.jpg

• linder4866
    edited May 2021
    Good afternoon. Nice weather today.

Memorable morning for me. I actually made a trip to a small grocery store. They still have Senior shopping hour, ask people to wear masks and all of the staff does, and they clean off carts after each use. I got some groceries with the only drawback being the shelves are not stocked at that hour. They work on that later in the morning but hey, how happy am I to make my own selections, substitutions, and I got to pack my own groceries. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 There were only 3 shoppers in the store so not overcrowded.

Later this afternoon I am potting the last of my transplants. Just things I am trying and have no expectations at all. My version of fun.

A friend and I were discussing tall bearded Iris and she sent me some photos of hers budding/blooming. I grabbed a photo album from decades ago and couldn’t believe I still had photos of some of my Iris as well as my garden. It is such fun to revisit the days of the massive garden. I threw out the negatives years ago so just have one image of each.

Since I have little new to share, I am sharing old days. Pictures of pictures.

lw43cori4qpd.jpeg

3pzhikr0u5ll.jpeg

882ai047b2di.jpeg

fh41v27xsirk.jpeg

Jeri, more lovely photos from your walks. ❤️❤️ You really are working hard my friend. I am glad you found your niche with WW. I have another Zoom meeting in a little while. This one has to do with planning for a fall garden. I doubt there is little I will do with that. I raised some fall lettuce last year. That was about all.

Bob, time at the lake sounds like a perfect summer to me. We were lucky to see a lake once a year. My dad did like to fish though so we did get to Wisconsin or Minnesota a number of times. We have storms in our forecast but not until later tonight and tomorrow morning. My friend on the other side of town got some hail last night. We just received rain. Hoping for the same tonight. Stay safe.

Hello everyone. Sandy, Jackie, Patsy, Barbie, Connie and Diane. Anne, have a shipping notification on your new iPad?

Be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

kc1xx19z9bse.jpeg

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello sweeties! We are to have REAL summer like heat on Memorial Day. 90 in Portland area, in the 70s and 80s for us here on the coast. There is little time to adjust these days. Throw off the sweaters and into a tee shirt and shorts. I will not hurt others eyes by putting on shorts. It is one of the kind things I do for humanity. Seriously!

Lin: I loved the photos of your big garden from long ago. I unfortunately do not have photos but my gram and later, my dad had such amazing organic gardens. Dad loved to experiment just for fun and cross pollinate...to tease my mom mainly. Like a cucumber that oddly looked like a squash etc.

Bob: loved the jokes! Here is a funny thing in our family. Our son and daughter love jokes and no one could tell them better than my mom, dad and my gram. They turned it into an art form. Almost as good as stand up comedians. But we all know that John cannot tell a joke! In fact he doesn’t “get” a lot o jokes because he thinks SO Literally. We laugh that he loves grade school humor. As expected he loves the old three stooges movies. Aaaaaaargh!

Jeri: your lobster feast reminds me of our crab feasts. I usually spread paper towels all over the table and there is a huge pan in the middle of the table for debris. Not very decorative but we always have a grand time.

Making extra ice cubes for iced tea and citrus water. Wonder if this heat will stick around? As you know, I’ll complain about the temp if it isn’t a perfect 63 degrees. There is no pleasing me.

Why do Hawaiian shirts always look wrinkled? My shirt looks like I got it from the closet floor or the dog bed.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday! :) Late today but took lunch to Joe where we ate in his apartment then we went and sat outside for a while. It is a beautiful day before it turns cold tomorrow. I ran to Target after the visit and came home to pay some bills before I was going to ride the bike. The bell rang and it was my landlord who brought me a new pool pass. The pool opens this weekend with lots of restrictions such as no more than 60 people which during the week is never that full. They are to clean the pool every two hours so everyone has to leave while they wipe down chairs.
    Also no floats except for a noodle which you must bring your own. The weirdest is that a mask is required if not in pool. Can you imagine a suntan with a mask? He is on the board and also property manager and said as long as I am vaccinated he doubts they will enforce the mask. Only time will tell but this weekend my son and his wife are coming Friday -Tuesday so being a holiday weekend I doubt we will go to the pool as there might be over 60 people and if that is the case no guests are allowed. Hopefully soon it will open up as normal as other pools are doing so.

I just finished riding the bike and it is nearly dinner time so just wanted to pop in and say hello. Have a good evening.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    An extremely busy day yesterday when I didn’t stop, from a long walk with the dogs to repotting veggies to a bit of shopping then an evening trip to the allotment. Finally we have dry weather and sunshine so everything drying out in the first plastered room finally finished by Dave. Unfortunately he messaged first thing to let me know his partner has hurt her back and Dougie their dog was sick all night so he will have to stay home to look after them. He has offered to come here Saturday to make up for it so is definitely aware how fed up I’ve been feeling.
    Today I followed Jeri’s example and climbed high during our walk to exercise legs and lungs. I was a bit concerned with George who walked up very slowly but when we got to the top and he’d had one of his zen moments he did zoomies round and round chasing a lump of sheep poo. There were a few pools full of rain water too so they could both drink.
    c63l3z5lzgng.jpeg

I’m now going to get myself organised to cut and tidy the lawns that have shot up in all our rain. Seems quiet without builders here but I could get used to that!!

A beautiful hummingbird teapot Lin. On our walk I was aware of the skylarks singing overhead and 2 cuckoos, one on either side of us… weeks of rain now forgotten!

Patsy, I honestly thought “why do Hawaiian shirts always look crinkled” was the first line of a joke and was looking for the punchline!! 😀🤣

Must get on. Happy Thursday everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • NikonPal
    Morning Sneakers –

We cancelled plans to drive to Ontario Lake. Lots of clouds and cooler than anticipated, so a picnic bench lunch by the lake just wouldn’t be as much fun. Jean should let me know soon what the plans are (LOL).

Stores are starting to put some items on sale that I am glad to see leave. (pic LOL). Also snapped a cell pic of Jean’s poinsettia’s from 3 years ago yesterday – glad they are surviving. Driveway is scheduled to be sealed today, but no idea when he will show.

jpskuum883v3.jpg

vpbkhmzmg2rt.jpg

Lin – Hope you are continuing to have good weather. Must admit I have always enjoyed “senior hours” for shopping. I’ll get 80% of everything I need and it isn’t crowded. I generally will then make a quick 10 min visit mid-morning or mid-afternoon (always try to avoid lunch or after work crowds).

Great garden memory photos. I am sure you had fun potting your transplants. Always good to experiment. As you can see from the above, Ontario Lake will likely be next month now. We also had some thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, but everything calmed down within a couple hours.

Patsy – Hello sweetie yourself… can’t wait for us to stay 75 and above…we get 85 as a high one day and the next 3 day forecast is in the low 50’s!!! I want that “extra ice cubes for iced tea and citrus water” weather. Next Monday should be sunny and 60’s for a picnic, but not sure about just wearing a flag tee.

Glad you liked the jokes. Jean and I text the kids most days with at least one. It is my responsibility to write a one liner on every kids card on every occasion… they honestly look forward to them.

As for joke telling, there are some people that can’t tell or understand some jokes. I have a friend on social media and 10 people will go back and forth about a joke topic and she will think it is a serious question or topic and replies accordingly….she is always serious. Like I mentioned before Jean and I wouldn’t be together if not for a sense of humor. It all started on our wedding night. I got undressed and she laughed!

o11t97a3ka1v.jpg

Sandy – Always nice to see that profile smile.

Speaking of riding a bike, I have been looking to buy a couple cheap ones for us. I can’t believe what some people spend. My niece and husb bought 2 Rad Power Bikes Electric Bikes (over $1000.00) and another niece bought a Cannondale same price range. No way I could remotely justify that kind of purchase. Just looking for new/used for $100-150.00 to ride occasionally in our neighborhood. Your access to a pool sounds wonderful. The whole mask tan-line sounds funny.

Jackie – I see you guys and Jean have that same re-potting fever. Something I don’t suffer from – but do enjoy seeing. Dry weather must make those walks with the dogs a bit more pleasant. Don’t blame you for feeling “fed up” with builders.

With regards to “why do Hawaiian shirts always look crinkled?” Like you, I don’t know, but….

Time to get busy – with whatever Jean has decided. Bob

volfu9yu773f.jpg

• Sandydur
    Happy Thursday! :) Much cooler today with rain in the forecast. Meeting today and dinner later, I hope I have time to run to Target for a couple of groceries I forgot otherwise I will go tomorrow. Really hoping the weather warms up for movie night Sunday, we might need sweatshirts and blankets to sit outside.

Jackie, busy, busy, busy, I hope you relax once they are done with your cottage. Ewok would love to run that area but I don't think he would come back. Daisy might try to herd the sheep but who knows??

Missing Anne and her sense of humor so hopefully soon she will return.

Have a great day everyone and stay healthy and safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Annsie35
    Well, I keep trying. I can get on and then a few lines written and I get the old heave ho. Mark and Mary Jo have just had their Pfizer shots and have gone on a walk before they fall asleep from the after effects. Hey I'm still here! Do you remember Harry as though you could forget Harry! Well they've disappeared, probably house hunting. I'm off before I lose this miracle, BUT I'll have another go on the official site rather than the back door to see if I can return legitimately.
    Nervous hugs to all,
    Annsie!