Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @emking517
    Nice loss!

@mszoueb
    I never used a meal service but I think you need to have faith in the changes you made this year. Maybe you could reduce it by 1 meal each week until you are making all your own.

@iradi8
    I bet the water starts getting better over the next few days. Are there any NSV’s you are seeing this week?

@Poobah1972
    Great workout!

@363days
    I hope you enjoy your Zumba tomorrow.

@TheresaM787
    Awesome exercise and calorie day. A screen time checklist sounds like a great way to get some productivity out of the kids. I am going to suggest this to my daughter. When I was decluttering to move I asked myself have I used this in the last 6 months. If I didn’t it found a new home.

@red1185
    I love that you put the scale in perspective with those NSV. I am going to revamp my list as the scales is not being nice to me the last few days.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Started a 4 day upper/ lower weightlifting split this week. Am really loving it since the exercises leave me pleasantly warmed up for the next one. Today was leg day which is the hardest for me since I have nerve damage in my right hip and thigh. Substituted in hip thrusts for an exercise that I didn't have the equipment for. Glad I went lighter weight on that exercise because it reminded me how unawake my backside is. Have been taking a quick nap each day since starting this program but feel really great after each session and looking forward to the next.

Tomorrow is another skin graft. Am hoping this will be my last so I can start walking in the evenings again. I haven't been able to walk since March and I really want to get out on the Glow in the Dark trail while the weather is warm. I love summer!

Have a great day tomorrow!

@363days my mom walks down the steps backwards because it easier for her.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @amymartin555
    Awesome step count! A smart hoop sounds interesting. I just looked some up on google. Where did you get yours from? I don’t know if I could do it for 30 minutes straight. Did you build yourself up? I am so glad you find the group helpful.

@Tazaria87
    That is so great your parents are doing that. I think summer can be harder than winter.

@azkunk
    Five days is great. How are you feeling on IF?

@rwood566
    Great steps and a fun way to get them! I haven’t been to the zoo in years. There is the African Lion Safari about 1.5 hours from here but you have to drive through to see the animals.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Great check in! Way to go not allowing your feelings to dictate how you would eat.

@Aqualang26
    Sounds like a lovely day. A day of indulging is ok on occasion. Enjoy!

@missysave0612
    Fantastic loss! It must feel great to be finally settled.

@rlaskey2
    Great attitude! Enjoy your time before the kids get out.

@TheresaM787
    Enjoy your walk! Still have a croaky voice. It was so cute yesterday. My granddaughter called for her daily chat. I was straining trying to talk to her. She says “Nanny, I will talk to you tomorrow so you can rest your voice”. She is so cute!

Hi linda. I got my smart hoop online through Walmart. I did work myself up to longer stretches. I split it up and do 15 in the morning and 15 at night. It takes some getting used to. I am getting better at keeping it going but it does still stop on me lol. I am hoping it helps strengthen my core but we will see. I dont do it everyday. I tend to try and do either jumps, hoops, or kettlebells.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you, I'll try that. It sounds like you're a lot like my sister in that way. She's great at decluttering, she tosses so much. I even have boxes of stuff that I saved for the kids that have stuff they will not have any interest in, I need to thin those out too. Todays plan is to donate the stuff that I have been holding onto to deliver once the pandemic is over, and to go through those boxes of the kids (of course also try to get the rest of my to do list done).

@red1185
    I know how frustrating that evil contraption of measurement is. It's not right that a machine has so much power over us. I remember one time, getting so upset at the machine which will not be named, that I almost tossed it in the garbage can (the outside 4' tall city garbage can). As I was stomping down the steps to toss the blasted thing, my son came up to me and asked what I'm doing. I regrettably yelled what I was doing. I still remember this, he told me to wait and that I told him that a math test doesn't show everything that he's good at math, it's just a little peek into what that months lessons were. He asked if there were other things that showed my weight loss. He's just a kid. I was stunned. He was right. There are all of those powerful NSVs. YOU have terrific NSVs Rachel! You're repeatedly hitting your step goal 👏🏻👏🏻 you're learning how to moderate treats (and that was a tough one) 👏🏻👏🏻 you're being careful about what you're eating to stay within your budget 👏🏻👏🏻 and you walked on the treadmill for AN HOUR 🙌🏻🙌🏻. Keep going! You're doing amazing Rachel 🤗

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you Linda, we needed the screentime checklist. My kids became addicted to their devices. They'd watch YouTube all day if I let them (not the educational or instructional videos, the ridiculously silly ones). My daughter loves checking things off of a list. My son needs a list to remind him what he needs to do.
    That's a good indicator also. I have to try that. I'll be starting my decluttering of my bedroom today and then onto the dreaded closet.

@Beautyofdreams
    Bebe it sounds like you created a fantastic workout plan 👏🏻👏🏻 I'm glad you're enjoying it, that seems to be the trick to making an exercise plan stick- if you enjoy it, you'll be more likely to continue it. Good luck with your (hopefully) final skin graft. Yes, that trail sounds so amazing! I Googled to see if we have one, nope. Just yours and it looks incredible! When you are able to walk it, please remember to take a picture.

@amymartin555
    Way to go Amy 👏🏻👏🏻 another really high step day. I'm going to get there one day. Meanwhile, I love seeing the posts of everyone's steps- it's so inspiring 🤩 You hit all of your daily goals 👏🏻👏🏻 steps ✅ jumps ✅ sleep ✅ under calorie goal ✅ and measurements ✅. Do a dance, you earned it🙌🏻

@iradi8
    Another highly motivating post of steps! Thank you Sloan for sharing 👏🏻👏🏻 every day you walked over 10,000 steps 🎉

@rwood566
    Here comes another amazing step day! Nicely done Roger, all of those steps PLUS the steps from the treadmill, and the bike for 15 minutes, and three or four machines at the gym 👏🏻👏🏻 That's still a really low calorie day, and like you said you're under what MFP gives you 🤩 Good luck with the apnea test.

@Beverly2Hansen
    The streak is not broken, here is another high step day 👏🏻👏🏻 Plus you hit two additional goals of water and staying within your deficit ✅✅ Way to go Bebe 🎉

@Bluetail6
    Sleep well Lee. I'm glad the appointments went well. Rest up 🤗

@roz0810
    Yes, yes it will 🤗. How did you do with your steps yesterday? Did you use your treadmill or walk the dogs?

I woke up really early today so that I can go through posts while having coffee, it's now time to get those sneakers on and get out the door. Keep hitting those daily goals everyone. You are doing amazing. Chat later!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thursday!!!

Not going to lie, this whole cardio 5 days in a row is growing a little thin this morning (Just one more day left tomorrow). Both my fiancé and I are dragging our arses... But we both got'em out there, and did the work. Lynn tripped on a speed pump and skinned her knee, hand and elbow. (OUCHIES 🤕) Yet she got up dusted herself off and finished her laps. 💪 Whereas I cursed every lap from the 3rd onward, telling myself that this was going to be the last one each time round. I did 6 of course. 😋 I'm looking forward to being able to use the Elliptical just as a change of pace. Staring at the same cracks in the pavement every morning is starting to get to me? lol

Not sure if it's the weather, not enough quality sleep, or just too darn much exercise and not enough food... But were both feeling a little tired today. I'm actually considering take a day off work soon, just to actually rest, relax and sleep. Is that a bad thing?

Sold my 200lb set of Dumbbells yesterday... Good Riddance I say. And I have a gentleman coming over to look at the Adjustable bench tonight. With any luck, he will take it and the Exercise room will get a little closer to its final configuration. Unfortunately, I need to wait till about August before I can get the Wall organizer Accessory from Iron master that allows you to put all the Bench attachments and accessories on the wall and off the ground (Such as the Leg Machine, Leg Lock down, Seat, Preach Curl etc). The Hybrid Bench pad replacement has finally shipped as well, so I'll have a nice 12.5" width Pad for flat bench, so that's something to look forward to. lol

My ketones are down this morning to 1.7 vs 2.8 yesterday... Perhaps that explains the lack of energy this morning? Meh. I just don't know. ❔

Kay I'm done... Gota get my butt to work.

Cheers everyone, have a good day! 🙂

42koqefnorzm.png
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 247.6
    CW: 248.8

TOM and had 2 bad food days. Will make sure it drops by next week!

You got this Roz!!! Not worried what so ever. :smiley:
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Hello All. I got home late last night. Two appointments today. One was a dentist appointment. I'm just beyond tired. It all turned out well. I'll post more tomorrow. Right now, I feel like I could sleep for a week. Lee

Hello Lee! I know exactly how you feel, seriously I'm considering taking a day off just to sleep. lol. have a good day! :)
    rwood566 wrote: »
    hi everyone. quick check-in so i can figure out the sleep test before getting to bed.

steps - 3853, not including treadmill for 10 minutes and bike for 15 minutes.

calories - 1855. over 1800 for the first time in ages. still under what MFP gives me, though. ate a fruit bowl for dessert but had a chocolate dipped bowl. that put me over.

exercise - treadmill, recumbent bike, 3 or 4 machines at the gym. i'll either hit the gym again tomorrow or take a walk.

amazing steps, everyone.

You are one Serious Cookie Roger! Out of curiosity how tall are you sir? And do you expect as you get closer to goal you will need to eat more to sustain your energy? I suspect that will be true of me at some point, as fat reserves dwindle are less capable of satisfying the calorie deficit I'm imposing on myself? Just curious. :)
    Today's step count. 24,076. 1,000 jumps. Sleep was 7 hours. Stayed under calorie goal. I checked my measurements again today just to see if any changes and there was! Yay!! I guess I will stick with what I am doing as it seems to be working for now. Slow and steady.

Amy!!! If 24000+ steps and 1000 jumps isn't working, then pinch yourself cause it's gota be some kind of nightmare. 🤣. That's some super impressive stuff! WOWZA!
    Started a 4 day upper/ lower weightlifting split this week. Am really loving it since the exercises leave me pleasantly warmed up for the next one. Today was leg day which is the hardest for me since I have nerve damage in my right hip and thigh. Substituted in hip thrusts for an exercise that I didn't have the equipment for. Glad I went lighter weight on that exercise because it reminded me how unawake my backside is. Have been taking a quick nap each day since starting this program but feel really great after each session and looking forward to the next.

Tomorrow is another skin graft. Am hoping this will be my last so I can start walking in the evenings again. I haven't been able to walk since March and I really want to get out on the Glow in the Dark trail while the weather is warm. I love summer!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Fantastic effort Deb! Lynn and I also impressed by how good working out can feel. Even when he day is long, and the energy is less then Ideal. Before the first set is over, energy gates open, endorphins start pumping and it's all smiles (with bouts of grunting and groaning) from there on out.

I hope it's your last as well... GOOD LUCK DEB! and have an amazing day.
    UPDATE
    Soooo… I should have just gone to bed, but no I saw the donuts called out to me. After I had a small slice of chocolate cake. I said, no to the donut and had a bowl of special k cereal instead. I should have gone to bed. The donut called to me AGAIN. Well… I didn’t want to be rude. Now I’m finally in bed, but oooh the belly ache. Darn you donut and your super powers!
    I did wind up going waaay over in my budget. I didn’t feel right not telling you.

Theresa... Enjoy your belly ache! :P (With love Poobah)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    That donut was so rude disturbing your night. Hope your bellyache is better tomorrow. The sad thing with me is I did so much decluttering before we moved yet my walk in closet and a couple of drawers need to be done already.

@Beautyofdreams
    I love your out look on life. You keep going in spite of everything life throws at you. You are an inspiration!

@amymartin555
    Great check in for the day. Great news on the measurements going down.

@rwood566
    Great gym session. How often a week do you go to the gym?

@Beverly2Hansen
    Nice step day!

@Bluetail6
    Glad you are home. Rest for a few days and get your energy back.

@roz0810
    You will get a nice whoosh next week!

@Poobah1972
    I am impressed. You kept going! Lynn deserves a big pat on the back. By August, you gym is going to be amazing. Who needs a gym membership when they have a set up like you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,826 Member
    Options
    @Beverly2Hansen....Would you mind posting your steps from 6/6-6/9 for me ... I seem to not have all of them ....Thanks
This discussion has been closed.