Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Saturday Morning Everyone, 😀

I'll keep it short this morning.

SLEEP SUCKED - I had a total of 4 hours and 31 minutes. Johnny Tired. 😐 😋😅

And for Cardio I went for a hard but short scoot on the Elliptical. The way I see it, the lack of sleep and Leg day yesterday, and the fact were about to go out shopping, and I have a cabinet to assemble and install on a wall (IN THE EXERCISE ROOM hehe) immediately after that. Oh and were having a family over for a BBQ later. I've got enough work on the agenda today, and in the grand scheme of things, I had a pretty fantastic week.

So yea just 15 minutes on the Elliptical, and a trip upstairs... I think I sort of sat on the bed staring off into space for a few minutes before I remembered to stop the timer. lol. Other than that, the Fitbit seems to have worked fantastic. Also knowing I was going for half the time; I really increased my pace and difficulty. "FUN FUN FUN" (translates to holy copious amounts of sweat batman).

Okay I better go figure out my nutrition for the day, and get going. Got stuff to do yo!

Have an amazing day everyone... 😀👍

6qwc76cod8gx.png

Not having enough sleep sucks. I struggle with my sleep every now and then. The biggest thing that helped me is following the same bedtime routine every night. I also take melatonin. I didn’t like it at first but after a few nights it really helped. Great job on the elliptical.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    rt40jdpzm7u4.jpeg

I LOVE this so much! Perseverance is really the key in so many things, and it's often quiet.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 That has got to be so frustrating 😖. Way to go not letting the disappoinment derail things!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    rt40jdpzm7u4.jpeg

I LOVE this so much! Perseverance is really the key in so many things, and it's often quiet.

Me too...perserverence is such a good description.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,407

Went grocery shopping then did some cleaning. I started week 2 of my workout program and went for a swim with the kids. Which means I mostly lounged around on a float but did race my daughter a couple of laps. Shockingly she beat me! She has super long legs and arms. I must be getting old. Dinner was skinnytaste air fryer chicken sandwich with Siracha Mayo.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 159.2 (I think)
    CW: 160.6

My vacation didn’t wreak as much havoc as I was anticipating. I’m relieved. I didn’t track my food at all, so I definitely have to get back in that habit now that I’m home.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for the last few days:

6/15: 1,779
    6/16: 4,783
    6/17: 2,935
    6/18: 3,998
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 6/18: 15,307
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

lmf1012
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 146.2
    CW 144
    LTD 22

@Megan_smartiepants1970

6/18 steps 10,831

Yay, a great week on the scale, that is always welcomed!!

Awesome walk and steps! It’s always nice when the scale behaves.

Just got back from our lonnnnnnnnng walk 210 minutes ....8.77 miles ...we will do this once a week (Saturday's) 2 shorter walks on Tuesday and Thursday and Swim Monday , Wednesday and Friday and rest on Sunday :)

Great. Walk! Your plan sounds great!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 16,407

Went grocery shopping then did some cleaning. I started week 2 of my workout program and went for a swim with the kids. Which means I mostly lounged around on a float but did race my daughter a couple of laps. Shockingly she beat me! She has super long legs and arms. I must be getting old. Dinner was skinnytaste air fryer chicken sandwich with Siracha Mayo.

Awesome steps! Your supper sounds so good. I really need to get myself an air fryer.

red1185 wrote: »
    Username: red1185
    PW: 159.2 (I think)
    CW: 160.6

My vacation didn’t wreak as much havoc as I was anticipating. I’m relieved. I didn’t track my food at all, so I definitely have to get back in that habit now that I’m home.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for the last few days:

6/15: 1,779
    6/16: 4,783
    6/17: 2,935
    6/18: 3,998

I hope you had a great vacation. It won’t take long to shed the vacation weight.

@lindamtuck2018 so awesome the way you handled the setback with getting in to the doctor. It is frustrating to wait so long. It’s funny you posted that mantra today because I posted it to my facebook after I saw it. We must get similar feeds.

@Poohbah1972. Hope you sleep well tonight. Melatonin really helps me. Have a great BBQ.

@lmf1012 great loss! I enjoyed your post about playing to your strengths to make dieting easier.

@rlaskey2 your pool time sounds like so much fun and your Skinnytaste recipes sound yummy.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 that is an incredible walk! So jealous of your walking and pool time. I can hardly wait for grafts to finish.

Since my walking has been curtailed, I went to a 4 day upper/lower split resistance training. Never thought that people might notice. But received a comment about how the veins in my arms stand out and a question about the petechiae in my forearms. Lately I have noticed that my stomach has changed. When I first started diet and exercise it was solid. Then it felt like a foam filled beanbag or pillow. Mostly solid with some empty spaces that allowed the stuffing to shift. Then a partially deflated water balloon. Now it feels like soft, loose wet dough. Very elastic and squishy. Still have 10-15 pounds to lose but not sure that will happen. Definitely have lots of loose skin that will require surgery. But happy to be where I am.
    Have a fantastic weekend!

It is so nice when people notice the change. It would be so nice to get rid of my belly apron and the wings on my arms. Do you have to pay for skin surgery? It is not covered by insurance here.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 ...I think my plan is now more reasonable ..excited to see what happens next week on the scale
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Oh yeahhh!! Another three for three 🎉 You are doing absolutely amazing with your walking, over 7,500 steps!! That's CRAZY, about not being able to see the spinal surgeon until next year. Hopefully something changes and you can get in earlier. Well done not giving in to that frustration temptation to eat the junk. That was a huge hurdle 👏🏻👏🏻 One day at a time, is a great way to look at it. Another amazing habit change for you- you need 6,674 for the challenge and yet you are aiming for 7,000 🙌🏻🙌🏻 You're simply spectacular!

@lmf1012
    Yayyyyy!!! Congratulations on your loss 👏🏻👏🏻 AND reaching well over 10,000 steps 🎉🎉 You've been doing so incredible 🤩 You are a whiz at this!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    You are truly impressive! Your stamina, your willpower, your dedication 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Although, my feet just scrunched up like the Wicked Witch of the East when I saw 210 minutes and 8.77 miles. Then I swear I heard my feet squeak out a "nooooo" when I read that you'll be repeating that walk on Saturdays. Wonder Woman!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Wow! Another huge step day Rachel 👏🏻👏🏻 How's the new workout program going? Nice going racing your daughter, she must have loved that. Yummy dinner.

@red1185
    Yes, that was a great success! It's so hard to stick to a plan on vacation and look how amazingly well you made out. You did fantastic PLUS you got steps in during vacation 👏🏻👏🏻 Do a dance, you did amazing!

@888Angie888
    Another enormous step day 👏🏻👏🏻 You're a remarkable high stepper!!

@Beautyofdreams
    You are so diligent when it comes to exercise, walking has a pause, so you move to resistance training. Brilliant! It's so good to hear that you are happy with where you're at, because you have worked so hard to get there and have come so far. You should be happy, I'm glad you are! 🤗

@Beverly2Hansen
    Congratulations on your loss! You're doing so extremely well hitting your goals 👏🏻👏🏻

@Tazaria87
    Congratulations on your loss and your total loss 111.2 lbs 👏🏻👏🏻 AND for surpassing 10,000 steps. Rest, you had a long day. 🤗
This discussion has been closed.