Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 16,174

Yesterday I had an interview and zoom wasn’t working so it was over the phone. I think a lot of my steps came from nervous energy before and during the call. I used to pace around my house when I had work phone calls.

I went to the beach to get my kids but didn’t stay long since it got really cloudy and was windy.

My stomach hasn’t been too happy lately so may need to try to lay off the protein shakes not sure if this is causing it.

Wishing you luck on your interview. That’s such a great idea pacing around the house while you’re on your phone calls. I’m sorry to hear that your stomach has been a bit upset. My sister had to stop drinking protein shakes, apparently she was taking in too much protein and it was causing stomach distress.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Walked around the store, walked the dog, did a smaaaaaalllllll amount of cleaning, and logged my calories…getting back into the swing of things.

Yup! She’s back👏👏👏👏👏
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sure...why not...lol

@TheresaM787
    Lol...I keep surprising myself!

Steps 7/22 - 8336
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sure...why not...lol

@TheresaM787
    Lol...I keep surprising myself!

Steps 7/22 - 8336

Wow!! Look at all of those steps 👏👏 nice going 🤩
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Boot camp? You served?

@Poobah1972 you're just finishing up your set-up and you are already upgrading? Nice. Out of curiosity, were you using a cement drill bit for your wall?

@888Angie888 super steps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 only 1 hr 50 minutes. I just did that and was dead. How is that a short walk?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,918 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 12557
    Exercise 38min walk

So I ended up fasting until just before 7pm. That's when I first felt real physical hunger and no more bloating so I decided to eat. I heated up some leftovers from the fridge and had a piece of toast with them. Had an ice cream bar for dessert and called it good. My neices were here all day so we walked up to the playground again. This time I put the two older girls in a wagon to pull and wore the baby in a carrier. It worked so much better. I also took my 38min walk around the neighborhood after the kids were in bed. The other steps must have come from how much laundry I did haha.

Missing your steps from 6/20
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,918 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Boot camp? You served?

@Poobah1972 you're just finishing up your set-up and you are already upgrading? Nice. Out of curiosity, were you using a cement drill bit for your wall?

@888Angie888 super steps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 only 1 hr 50 minutes. I just did that and was dead. How is that a short walk?

It is short for me since I usually go 4 hours or longer ...but I have cut it back to just 1 long walk on Saturday's and 2 shorter walks during the week
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Did I miss last week's results? I can't seem to find them.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    6/21 step count 22,394
    6/22 step count 20,052
    Today I ordered a cute dress that is in a much smaller size than what I wear now and it is going to be my goal dress. I know I can get down to that size because I have done it before but I gained it all back. I always do better when I have goals so this is one of mine.

Phenomenal step days Amy!! I love that you already ordered your goal dress, so that you can see your inspiration. You'll be twirling in that dress before you know it 🤗

6/21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 12557
    Exercise 38min walk

So I ended up fasting until just before 7pm. That's when I first felt real physical hunger and no more bloating so I decided to eat. I heated up some leftovers from the fridge and had a piece of toast with them. Had an ice cream bar for dessert and called it good. My neices were here all day so we walked up to the playground again. This time I put the two older girls in a wagon to pull and wore the baby in a carrier. It worked so much better. I also took my 38min walk around the neighborhood after the kids were in bed. The other steps must have come from how much laundry I did haha.

Way to go Ashley!! Five for five goals 👏🏻👏🏻 That's a LONG fast. I don't know how you do it, especially having kids around (eating) and taking them back and forth to the playground. That sounded like a great workout, pulling the two in a wagon while wearing the baby. Strong momma/auntie. It sounds like you had quite a bit of laundry you got done, love checking that one off my list. In fact, today is laundry day. You're doing amazing Ashley!!
    Did some quick math, if our group has a 30 inch stride average, which is average, I figure we walked 638.34 miles last week. I could be wrong since it has been a long time since I used my head for anything useful. Amazing work everyone.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 did we get the loss results for last week? Don't remember reading them.

Check-in for 6/22:
    Steps - 6056. Just bowling with daughter and a couple stores.
    Calories - about 1600. I was just over 1500 before I ate a banana instead of candy. Dang craving. I haven't put it in yet.
    Exercise - bowling, if you consider that exercise. Only lasted 1.7 games. Definitely need more stamina for that.

So many people in our group with amazing steps.

Tomorrow we are going to the reduced San Diego county fair. Hopefully I'll make the whole thing.

Wow, I thought just looking at the number of steps was incredible, but that's an impressive amount of walking👏🏻👏🏻! Another great step day Roger! Bowling, is a lot of getting up and down (sneaky exercise), plus the tossing of the heavy bowling ball (more sneaky sneaky). You bowled quite a bit, almost finished your second game - that's a lot 🙌🏻🙌🏻 I need some of your determined to succeed willpower, a banana instead of candy 🤩 AMAZING! Enjoy your county fair, stay safe 🤗
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options

Good Question... Yes I was using a Dewalt Hammer Drill with a High Quaility Dewald 3/8" Concrete Bit. I would say the reason it took so long is... A. The Dewalt was only a 20volt battery powered unit. And B. I'm a novice at Concrete Drilling, and I someone told me take it nice and easy speed wise setting on the drill. After 2 hours of kicking my own *kitten* I decided to turn it up to full speed and it worked much better. lol

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Username missymarea0612
    Weigh In Day:Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):209
    CW (Current Weight): 212

I've been struggling lately & have been so tired. My movement has reduced greatly & I've wanted to take naps repeatedly. I believe my body is just exhausted from the move & nonstop movement & lack of sleep for the last month or so. I have family coming in today to stay about a week...so I wont get much rest this weekend either. But on the bright side..I've got more stuff unpacked & the dog fence up. (They are loving the room to run!)
    Have an amazing Wednesday everyone.

Sounds like you need a staycation... Rest up and have an amazing day yourself. :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes!!!

@TheresaM787 I want to increase my veggie intake..dark green leafy etc...like yesterday I wanted to try something new (something I saw on TikTok 🙄 I know I know) but I made a sandwich out of a green pepper. It was really good but messy..lol

I am going to increase my steps to 5,000...now that I am taking walks I will be constantly over...lol

Steps 6/21 6,519
    Stayed under on my calories but I didn't have great choices 🙃

A green pepper sandwich sounds interesting! Awesome steps!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 16,174

Yesterday I had an interview and zoom wasn’t working so it was over the phone. I think a lot of my steps came from nervous energy before and during the call. I used to pace around my house when I had work phone calls.

I went to the beach to get my kids but didn’t stay long since it got really cloudy and was windy.

My stomach hasn’t been too happy lately so may need to try to lay off the protein shakes not sure if this is causing it.

When will you get news on your interview? Are your shakes milk based?

red1185 wrote: »
    Walked around the store, walked the dog, did a smaaaaaalllllll amount of cleaning, and logged my calories…getting back into the swing of things.

You are back in action! One day at a time!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎 32 minutes, 8 mies (I think it's because I'm not getting enough sleep, or maybe it's because I'm riding after my walk, or maybe I'm just really good at excuses)
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only two cups- this isn't good, I need to pay more attention to drinking seltzer
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 13,000

Mmmm... I tried Halo Top's Cookie Dough ice cream today. Does it taste as good as Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough? Nope. Does it satisfy the craving? Yup. What makes it really taste good is the calorie savings. Ben & Jerry's is 1,110 calories for one pint. Halo Top is 370 calories for one pint.

Today was daughter and mommy one on one time. She loves designing gowns, and loves looking at gowns online. I brought her to a bridal boutique for inspiration for my gowns. However, when I offered that she could try on some of the bridesmaid dresses she jumped at the chance. She looked so grown up trying on fancy schmancy gowns. Where did my little girl in fluffy tutus go?

A BIG thank you to everyone who offered their advice about discussing hubby's way of eating 🤗 Love this group!

Another great check in! With the biking I think you are doing great. I only used the bike a few times since I moved here but it’s hard. With your increased walking and biking on top you are a beast. It’s so sad to see them grow. I am at the stage in life that I get to watch my grandkids grow so fast.

6/21 step count 22,394
    6/22 step count 20,052
    Today I ordered a cute dress that is in a much smaller size than what I wear now and it is going to be my goal dress. I know I can get down to that size because I have done it before but I gained it all back. I always do better when I have goals so this is one of mine.

Awesome steps! That is a great idea. I might steal this.

6/21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 12557
    Exercise 38min walk

Great day for goals! I don’t know if I could fast that long so we’ll done.

Did some quick math, if our group has a 30 inch stride average, which is average, I figure we walked 638.34 miles last week. I could be wrong since it has been a long time since I used my head for anything useful. Amazing work everyone.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 did we get the loss results for last week? Don't remember reading them.

Check-in for 6/22:
    Steps - 6056. Just bowling with daughter and a couple stores.
    Calories - about 1600. I was just over 1500 before I ate a banana instead of candy. Dang craving. I haven't put it in yet.
    Exercise - bowling, if you consider that exercise. Only lasted 1.7 games. Definitely need more stamina for that.

So many people in our group with amazing steps.

Tomorrow we are going to the reduced San Diego county fair. Hopefully I'll make the whole thing.

Great day! Bowling is really good exercise and I find it works muscles I didn’t know I had. Enjoy the fair. I was in the forces for 6 years. I joined when I was 17.

Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Did I miss last week's results? I can't seem to find them.

@rwood566 and @Aqualang26 I just enquired about the results and will get back to you.

Username missymarea0612
    Weigh In Day:Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):209
    CW (Current Weight): 212

I've been struggling lately & have been so tired. My movement has reduced greatly & I've wanted to take naps repeatedly. I believe my body is just exhausted from the move & nonstop movement & lack of sleep for the last month or so. I have family coming in today to stay about a week...so I wont get much rest this weekend either. But on the bright side..I've got more stuff unpacked & the dog fence up. (They are loving the room to run!)
    Have an amazing Wednesday everyone.

You need to go easy on yourself. You have a right to be exhausted. When your family goes home take time to decompress. Maybe eat at maintenance for the next few weeks to give yourself time to get settled and caught up on your rest.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Hump Day... Whew! 😅

Someone pointed out to me, that I was a little negative about slaying the Elliptical dragon yesterday, in anticipation of this morning. And maybe, just maybe by continuing to put a negative albeit humorous slant on it, I'm instilling a negative mindset around the elliptical, which over time could potentially result in me talking myself right out of doing it? Maybe that person is right, who am I to say? What I do know is...

Holy crap, it was hard. lol. Definitely felt like a hump day today, hump as in Mount Everest! So, I'm hoping it's all downhill from here. But I managed to hit my 1.4 miles with about 30 seconds faster than yesterday. AND..... I remembered to turn on the fan before i started. 😅😁👍

My plan is to hit up my best friend the Mr. Elliptical the following 2 days (Thursday and Friday) for 5 days in a row... Thus, I'll be free to lay about all weekend. (Unlikely). Plus, I'll be able to cook Lynn a fancy pants breakfast on Saturday morning. 💖🤗

The heart rate monitor is hit or miss at best it seems... The first good chunk of time it wasn't reading right. I actually paused the Elliptical and adjusted my watch... Then it worked okay for a good bit.. But it was reading 10 or so lower than the elliptical itself... Regardless I scored pretty good. 😊

As for my knee's... I noticed that my knees were feeling quite good yesterday while I was at work. I wasn't nearly so stiff after sitting for a while and getting up to get water or move around. Felt so good in fact that I contemplated making a post about the subject. I feel much sure on my feet when I do walk. I feel more stable as I climb stairs. I'm sure there are 2 reasons for this... Reason 1, my legs are getting stronger. 💪 Reason 2, I'm not on the streets walking/slogging on the pavement.

For those reasons, I'm going to continue to mostly use the Elliptical for now... However maybe after another week or so, I really should opt to add walking back into my routine at least once or twice a week just to see how it feels. So, let's say the first week of July after the long weekend. I have to get my *kitten* back out there kay? Kay!f

It's good to feel generally pain free moving around again. 😎🤠😃

Have a fantastic Day Boys and Girls! 🙂🤗

54l86x620qzl.png

You are definitely slaying the elliptical. In regards to the difference in heart rate between the watch and the machine I would trust your watch. When I was working out at the gym a few years back, I noticed the rate rate difference between the treadmill and my Fitbit. I was talking to the owner of the gym and he said the watch is more accurate. I would stick to what ever stops the knees from hurting. I agree that you are building up the muscles that help those knees.
This discussion has been closed.