Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The men of team Waistaways.. I like that @jugar

Hope your trip home was uneventful and thanks for the Emmett pic.. he is a cutie.

@micki48 I drink my water cold... not always ice cold but cold enough. At the trailer we bring water from home that's room temperature and I find I don't mind that as much as I thought I would. I read some other articles about water temperature that suggest there may be some truth to at least some points in the pic, but for me it's not a hill to die on... I used to drink hardly no water so just happy to be taking it in now in whatever the form.

Last night Brad and I took the boat out and had a nice dip in the lake. I made a point of actually swimming and moving to make it a form of calorie burn. The heat will be extreme this next while so I'll be walking the dog early before it's too hot for her. I don't mind walking in the heat so will still try to sneak out for more steps.

We have the start of social activities starting to pop back up in our calendar now so I need to shift to my next stage managing weight loss with regular life. I feel like my mindset is in the right place to support this.

I am only a few pounds away from losing half of my 125 lbs goal... feels like a very exciting milestone I'll be surely posting about when the scale hits 230!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Shoutout to the Men of Team Waistaways -

You are AWESOME. All 3 of you have posted brilliant losses this week - leading the way, and inspiring everyone!

@happimess01 - Sam, your new photo is great. Looking amazing!
    @gak71 Gary - amazing recovery from your wild time at the beginning of the month. Tell us how you got back on track so well!
    @bowens1973 Brad, you are going to be all over the leaderboard this month. WTG!

If @happimess01 wanted to lead a zoom call to teach us his ways I’d be the first to sign up! You’re doing awesome!

I’m down around 46 pounds and want to go further! Remembering how I felt at 287 compared to how I feel now at 241 helped get me back on track. I’m also trying to squash the negative and sometimes hateful self talk inside my head …. life happens and my weight loss graph is going to swing wildly at times. I need to give myself the same grace I give everyone around me.

Finally, I like my water as cold as possible and I will not be changing that!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

You are AWESOME. All 3 of you have posted brilliant losses this week - leading the way, and inspiring everyone!

@gak71 Gary - amazing recovery from your wild time at the beginning of the month. Tell us how you got back on track so well!

Thank you @jugar. I'd love to take a pic where I don't have to lift my face up to hide the double chin :D
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »

If @happimess01 wanted to lead a zoom call to teach us his ways I’d be the first to sign up! You’re doing awesome!

I’m down around 46 pounds and want to go further! Remembering how I felt at 287 compared to how I feel now at 241 helped get me back on track. I’m also trying to squash the negative and sometimes hateful self talk inside my head …. life happens and my weight loss graph is going to swing wildly at times. I need to give myself the same grace I give everyone around me.

Finally, I like my water as cold as possible and I will not be changing that!

Thank you so much but I am still trying to find my way honestly. As I am getting leaner, my body is starting to put up a fight. There is also a diet fatigue setting in since it's been 14 months of dieting so far. My hormones were all over the place the beginning of the month (specially, leptin — that sob!) and I binged heavily for two days straight. Weirdly, I lost 2 pounds 2 days after that. My fl recommended I eat at maintenance for 2 weeks to get my hormones to settle down and after that period, I went back to cutting. I lost 7 pounds in the two weeks since then so the maintenance was definitely a success.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Happy early 50th @gak71 🎉🎂🎈Your trip sounds wonderful. Enjoy
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Happy early 50th @gak71 🎉🎂🎈Your trip sounds wonderful. Enjoy

Thank you! I know we will have a great time and it’s nice to finally travel again!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am feeling really good about my workouts and my eat. The scale doesn't agree...🙄 I am up from Wed, which was up from the week before.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    The July team chat is open!

Please continue to weigh in and report this week's steps here. Go to the new chat for introductions, your goals and commitments for the next month, and anything else you'd enjoy discussing. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836878/waistaways-july-chat-2021#latest
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this is late @jugar.

CW 360

@evangsimmons170
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I feel like I accomplished something today. I cleaned my porch, worked in the yard, fixed a couple things. My water has been good. Sweat a lot working outside. My calories are under goal. So I’d say that’s a good day.

Oh and my daughter has an interview for the job up north on Wednesday morning. She’ll zoom interview and we’ll watch the little one. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 for her sake. It’s a great job at the school she went to. If she gets it, then we will all move. 😳 Look at this beautiful library she would be the director of.

https://www.bowiegridley.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/george_library_web_2.jpg7btvcbp8zglp.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.