Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!
    Sorry, that's an old habit of mine, talking louder to people right after a party holiday. Testing for hangovers.

@amymartin555 huge numbers for you. Woohoo. I don't think I have walked 18k steps and that was your baby number. How are your feet not rebelling?

@Piqueaboo good job getting right to work on eliminating that gain. A lot would take a few days before beginning and so have a larger one.

@Poobah1972 inspiring food choices during your bbq. That shows we don't have to eat bad with a good game plan. Great numbers on your testing.

@lindamtuck2018 I'm wearing it again, since I feel naked without a watch, but I put cream on the rash spots and moved the watch to my wrist instead of above it.

@TheresaM787 feeling a little blah. I usually get like this right after holidays. If I drank it would be a hangover day. I had to drink some water last night. Woke up parched. There are people who count tea with water, but I don't. It let's me hide my actual water level. I have been drinking more tea lately. I need to get back to water and milk.

Excellent monday weigh-ins, especially right after the holiday.

Time to go to the gym, hopefully. Daughter says she might go. It's been a week for her so she may be tired of going. If she doesn't go I think a walk will be for me.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

We had a great time camping. Really enjoyed time with the kids!! Went off the rail and didn't get my 5,000 steps daily. Had horrible wifi so I couldn't log in to my diary...oh and my weight in will be Tuesday this week.

Enough excuses ....I will get back on tract and stay there starting tomorrow...

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Friday 7,731
    Saturday 4,039
    Sunday 3,242
    Monday 4,476
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Evening Everyone, ๐Ÿค 

Monday wasn't so bad... The workouts are complete. All that's left now is to do this post, and wash some dishes (oh joy ๐Ÿ˜‹).

Back and Biceps today... And I'm still pleasantly surprised at how consistently better I've been doing. Moving my Bent over single hand rows to 70LB's next week. Getting sort of impressive. ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜„

And sure enough, my biceps which I generally always thought was one of my weaker area's due to my smaller wrists and endless wrist pains associated with lifting. Took another solid Jump today. I'm so glad I moved to 12-15 rep ranges and that killer final set of 30 reps. It seems to be taking the stress of my wrists, and my biceps are responding. I went up in Hammer curls, preacher curls and the standing ez bar curl again, hitting that final 30th rep somehow. Granted only the first 25 were with good form, and the last 5 I definitely was cheating with a little body english. But that's okay. ๐Ÿ˜„

All in all, a great workout, Lynn pushing me all the way through. ๐Ÿค—

I injured my right shoulder/delt area last Wednesday doing OH shoulder presses, or perhaps it was lateral shoulder raises. It feels like a solid iron rope running through the center of my delt. I've mashed the crap out of it the other day, and it's eased off a bit. Now it just feels like a bad bruise, but it still makes grinding noises occasionally when i move it. Thankfully it didn't affect todays workout. I'm hoping i'll be at least 80% by Wednesday. *Crossing fingersโ€‹*

I better get my *kitten* to the kitchen sink and start doing dishes... Cause my bedtime is fast approaching. Sleep is just as important then nutrition when it comes to building muscles.

Have a great night Guys and Gals, and sleep well. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/3 12,217
    7/4 5,393 Fitbit died

Fun filled weekend filled with parties and fireworks. I did work out both days but eating has not been great.

Nice steps! Great job on the workouts!

7/4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 95oz
    Steps 4087
    Exercise Rest

This has been such a fantastic weekend. Yesterday I went to the farmers market with my mom. The rest of the day was spent at home with the family. We went outside and the kids played with snaps while we played corn hole. Then we had dinner and I played a video game with my son. After the kids went to bed, we cracked open a couple bottles of wine (which I had prelogged) and had a couple glasses while sitting out back watching the neighborhood fireworks- and there were a ton. It couldn't have been more perfect. From the view on our patio there was fireworks going off in every direction.

Today my mom has the day off so we are taking all 4 kids to the zoo. They are very excited, and so am I!

Sounds like an awesome weekend. The zoo sounds like great exercise and fun!
    Steps 7/4: 6,752

Low steps and lots of food๐Ÿ˜•

I am sure you will be back to your normal steps this week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wow we are quiet today ..... I just got out of the pool...did laps and just floated around the pool for 2 hours and 40 minutes and burned 951 calories :)

Nice! We didnโ€™t get swimming today as the pool was closed.

Hello!!!

We had a great time camping. Really enjoyed time with the kids!! Went off the rail and didn't get my 5,000 steps daily. Had horrible wifi so I couldn't log in to my diary...oh and my weight in will be Tuesday this week.

Enough excuses ....I will get back on tract and stay there starting tomorrow...

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
    Friday 7,731
    Saturday 4,039
    Sunday 3,242
    Monday 4,476

Glad you had fun. I think you did great with the steps being away.

Evening Everyone, ๐Ÿค 

Monday wasn't so bad... The workouts are complete. All that's left now is to do this post, and wash some dishes (oh joy ๐Ÿ˜‹).

Back and Biceps today... And I'm still pleasantly surprised at how consistently better I've been doing. Moving my Bent over single hand rows to 70LB's next week. Getting sort of impressive. ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜„

And sure enough, my biceps which I generally always thought was one of my weaker area's due to my smaller wrists and endless wrist pains associated with lifting. Took another solid Jump today. I'm so glad I moved to 12-15 rep ranges and that killer final set of 30 reps. It seems to be taking the stress of my wrists, and my biceps are responding. I went up in Hammer curls, preacher curls and the standing ez bar curl again, hitting that final 30th rep somehow. Granted only the first 25 were with good form, and the last 5 I definitely was cheating with a little body english. But that's okay. ๐Ÿ˜„

All in all, a great workout, Lynn pushing me all the way through. ๐Ÿค—

I injured my right shoulder/delt area last Wednesday doing OH shoulder presses, or perhaps it was lateral shoulder raises. It feels like a solid iron rope running through the center of my delt. I've mashed the crap out of it the other day, and it's eased off a bit. Now it just feels like a bad bruise, but it still makes grinding noises occasionally when i move it. Thankfully it didn't affect todays workout. I'm hoping i'll be at least 80% by Wednesday. *Crossing fingersโ€‹*

I better get my *kitten* to the kitchen sink and start doing dishes... Cause my bedtime is fast approaching. Sleep is just as important then nutrition when it comes to building muscles.

Have a great night Guys and Gals, and sleep well. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Awesome workout! I hope your shoulder feels better. Now get those dishes done!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day. Monday
    Pw. 161.9
    Cw. 157.6

Yayyy Amy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Nice loss!!

@Poobah1972
    Terrific loss Jonathan๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป It sounds like you had a wonderful time with family, while enjoying some delicious goodies and staying within your plan๐Ÿคฉ Great news with the blood work and seeing that you don't need to be concerned with diabetes. Well done, with the Keto and exercise๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Check in for Sunday
    โœ…Steps 7,518
    โœ…Sleep
    โœ…Walk
    โœ…8/8 hourly reminders

All green! I am off to physio in a few minutes. I am walking there and going to the pool with my grandkids later. Megan I will try to remember to have you convert it to steps tomorrow.

Have a great Monday!

Ooooeeeeee look at all of that green๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป have fun in the pool with the littles. Look at how you smashed your walking goal ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Thank you, I still can't believe I walked that long in a book store ๐Ÿ˜†

Steps 7/3 12,217
    7/4 5,393 Fitbit died

Fun filled weekend filled with parties and fireworks. I did work out both days but eating has not been great.

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend AND were able to workout both days๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Look at those high steps๐Ÿคฉ

7/4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 95oz
    Steps 4087
    Exercise Rest

This has been such a fantastic weekend. Yesterday I went to the farmers market with my mom. The rest of the day was spent at home with the family. We went outside and the kids played with snaps while we played corn hole. Then we had dinner and I played a video game with my son. After the kids went to bed, we cracked open a couple bottles of wine (which I had prelogged) and had a couple glasses while sitting out back watching the neighborhood fireworks- and there were a ton. It couldn't have been more perfect. From the view on our patio there was fireworks going off in every direction.

Today my mom has the day off so we are taking all 4 kids to the zoo. They are very excited, and so am I!

What a terrific weekend, filled with fun, family, farmers market and fireworks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Have fun at the zoo!!

Steps 7/4: 6,752
    Low steps and lots of food๐Ÿ˜•

Hope you had a terrific weekend ๐Ÿคฉ those are fantastic steps, especially on a holiday๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @rwood566
    Hopefully she'll want to continue going with you, it's nice that the two of you are exercising together.

Wow we are quiet today ..... I just got out of the pool...did laps and just floated around the pool for 2 hours and 40 minutes and burned 951 calories :)

Another phenomenal burn for you๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I hope you two remembered your sunscreen and rash shirts ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

Friday 7,731
    Saturday 4,039
    Sunday 3,242
    Monday 4,476

I'm so glad you had a lovely time camping with the kids. You still got in a nice amount of steps each day. Plus, you're back now. It's all good ๐Ÿค—

@Poobah1972
    That's good to hear that your shoulder is getting better, because no excuses getting out of dish duty ๐Ÿ˜† Love hearing about Lynn and you working out together!!

• TheresaM787
    Options
    Steps- 11,000 โœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cupsโŒ Only 4 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drankโœ…
    Under calorie budgetโŒ

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps- 16,300

Need to get back on track. Tomorrow: walk, ride, seltzer, stay under. Not sure which activity the kids are going to choose from their Summer Bucket List. The summer is going by too fast.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    lcfa5317
    Weigh in day = Monday
    PW =188.5
    CW=188.6
    It has been in the 90s! Too hot to exercise outdoors.I have done some online yoga.
    I went for a 31 mile bike ride on Saturday too. My longest ride of the year!

Wow ๐Ÿคฉ 31 miles ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Thatโ€™s amazing!!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 7/5:
    Steps - 1300. There will be a few more when I pick up alyssa in a couple hours.
    Calories - 1580. Took my wife out to dinner and shared an eggplant parmigiana with angel hair pasta with sauce. We had it divided before bringing to the table and the portions were still to big for me. It was the 36th anniversary of our first date. Went to a little Italian place but that one went away years ago.
    Exercise - gym this morning. 8 machines. Sea World tomorrow after laundry.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Tickle me Tuesday! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š

I love tickles as much as I love giving them (Lynn can attest). Darn that Elmo for getting all the fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I held to my promise, to get my butt outside and brave the concrete once more. The Elliptical these last weeks have allowed my Knee to do some serious recovering.

PRO TIP - Knee Braces are good and all, but I highly encourage anyone that is bigger, to consider getting some Professional Power Lifter Knee straps. You can put them on to whatever tension you desire, and they are designed so a 300lb monster with massive muscular legs can squat 500lb plus on his shoulders and bend his knee's 90% plus without slipping etc. So, what I'm trying to say, they aren't expensive and they work extremely well, probably better than a lot of knee braces especially if you only need them for the span of an exercise. They are way way way easier to put on too, so you're far more likely to do it and you waste a less time in the morning. This end "Pro-Tip".

So, with my right leg wrapped in my new Knee Wrap, I got outside and started my laps. Knee felt quite good out there, and it seems the elliptical kept me trained as being out there felt easy. In fact, it was so easy, I had to do an extra lap. First time ever I did 7 laps, cause the ease and the time said I must. Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy, and I was pushing in the mid 160'sl HR... But strength wise, i was good. Endurance wise I was good. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘

This was the first time I wore Weight lifting Knee Straps in a 15 years... So, I'm little foggy on how best to wrap them. Half way through the 5th lap, they started to come undone. So, I Just pulled it off, put it around my neck and kept going. Knee still felt great though, so I'll be interested to see how they feel later today. ๐Ÿค“

I will also say, it felt a bit fresher being out there... I was actually counting laps in anticipation of getting to the next lap instead of Counting laps in negative OMG I'll never get through this sort of quit now kind of way. So that was new and nice. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So, YAH ME!!! I now 2 exercises to intersperse with one another to try and keep things fresh. Maybe one day, I can find a third? Moving forward, and in an attempt to keep my knees happy, I'm planning on doing the Elliptical 3 days a week and walking 2. And we will see how it goes. ๐Ÿ™‚

For whatever reason the GPS wasn't tracking me today, so no Map... I was kind of hoping I would get one, so I can see the 7 squiggly lines going in circles... But alas, it wasn't in the cards. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†

Burn???? Oh yeah.... I burned it up! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Have an amazing Tuesday Buds and take care! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

1oojx0wx26c8.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning, trying to get back to normal routine. I ate a bit over plan on Sunday but tracked in a deficit still. Unfortunately I was up on the scale this morning for some reason, who knows. Bodies are weird lol. I know it will go back down.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/4 steps 4,879
    7/5 steps 11,558

Scales are evil! I was up 2 pounds this morning from yesterday. I think in my case I used the salt shaker which is a no no for me. Nice steps! Thatโ€™s great that you stayed in a deficit on a holiday.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Check in for 7/5:
    Calories - 1580. Took my wife out to dinner and shared an eggplant parmigiana with angel hair pasta with sauce. We had it divided before bringing to the table and the portions were still to big for me. It was the 36th anniversary of our first date. Went to a little Italian place but that one went away years ago.

Celebrating the anniversary of your first date, that is so sweet ๐Ÿค— Yummy choice, eggplant parmigiana with angel hair, and terrific decision to divide it prior to bringing it to the table. It's sad when the little restaurants have to close. Happy Anniversary (of your first date). Enjoy Sea World!!

@Poobah1972
    Thank you for the tip about using the Powerlifting Knee Straps vs a knee brace, that's good to know. SEVEN LAPS!! What a huge difference, look at how much you have been improving๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I'm so happy for you๐Ÿคฉ

@lmf1012
    Wow, terrific steps Joni๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป! I know the scale is a mystery sometimes. I'm glad to hear that you are getting back on track (although, it doesn't sound like you veered very far๐Ÿ˜†- especially since you stayed within your deficit). You've been doing amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lcfa5317
    Weigh in day = Monday
    PW =188.5
    CW=188.6
    It has been in the 90s! Too hot to exercise outdoors.I have done some online yoga.
    I went for a 31 mile bike ride on Saturday too. My longest ride of the year!

Thatโ€™s an amazing ride! How were your legs after the ride?

Steps- 11,000 โœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cupsโŒ Only 4 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drankโœ…
    Under calorie budgetโŒ

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps- 16,300

Need to get back on track. Tomorrow: walk, ride, seltzer, stay under. Not sure which activity the kids are going to choose from their Summer Bucket List. The summer is going by too fast.

Look at those steps! Fantastic!

Check in for 7/5:

Happy date anniversary! Itโ€™s so sweet that you still celebrate after 36 years. Great calorie count while eating out.

Tickle me Tuesday! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š

I love tickles as much as I love giving them (Lynn can attest). Darn that Elmo for getting all the fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I held to my promise, to get my butt outside and brave the concrete once more. The Elliptical these last weeks have allowed my Knee to do some serious recovering.

PRO TIP - Knee Braces are good and all, but I highly encourage anyone that is bigger, to consider getting some Professional Power Lifter Knee straps. You can put them on to whatever tension you desire, and they are designed so a 300lb monster with massive muscular legs can squat 500lb plus on his shoulders and bend his knee's 90% plus without slipping etc. So, what I'm trying to say, they aren't expensive and they work extremely well, probably better than a lot of knee braces especially if you only need them for the span of an exercise. They are way way way easier to put on too, so you're far more likely to do it and you waste a less time in the morning. This end "Pro-Tip".

So, with my right leg wrapped in my new Knee Wrap, I got outside and started my laps. Knee felt quite good out there, and it seems the elliptical kept me trained as being out there felt easy. In fact, it was so easy, I had to do an extra lap. First time ever I did 7 laps, cause the ease and the time said I must. Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy, and I was pushing in the mid 160'sl HR... But strength wise, i was good. Endurance wise I was good. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘

This was the first time I wore Weight lifting Knee Straps in a 15 years... So, I'm little foggy on how best to wrap them. Half way through the 5th lap, they started to come undone. So, I Just pulled it off, put it around my neck and kept going. Knee still felt great though, so I'll be interested to see how they feel later today. ๐Ÿค“

I will also say, it felt a bit fresher being out there... I was actually counting laps in anticipation of getting to the next lap instead of Counting laps in negative OMG I'll never get through this sort of quit now kind of way. So that was new and nice. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So, YAH ME!!! I now 2 exercises to intersperse with one another to try and keep things fresh. Maybe one day, I can find a third? Moving forward, and in an attempt to keep my knees happy, I'm planning on doing the Elliptical 3 days a week and walking 2. And we will see how it goes. ๐Ÿ™‚

For whatever reason the GPS wasn't tracking me today, so no Map... I was kind of hoping I would get one, so I can see the 7 squiggly lines going in circles... But alas, it wasn't in the cards. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†

Burn???? Oh yeah.... I burned it up! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Have an amazing Tuesday Buds and take care! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

1oojx0wx26c8.png

An extra lap the first time back out! Amazing! Awesome burn!
This discussion has been closed.