Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 7/7:
    Steps - 1819. I didn't wear it this morning when I went shopping. Stayed home in p.m.
    Calories - 1666. Ice cream sundae for dessert.
    Exercise - over an hour looking at xmas stuff should count. Lol.

Grats to the team leaders last week.

Walk or gym tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    emking517 wrote: »
    Username emking517
    July week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 155.8
    CW 155.4
    SW 175

Nice loss!

I just got out of our pool ...3 hours and 5 minutes of laps and stuff ... burned 1000 calories

Amazing swim! Are you going to get a new Fitbit? I would be lost without mine.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Holy Snap Crackle... Downsizers RULE!!!! WHooooo Hooooo Hoooooo! 😎👍🤗

Evening Everyone, 🤠

Chest / Triceps and Shoulders today... And due to the injury, I went slow, both during the set, and between sets. Control was the name of the game. And I didn't push to failure just in case. All in an effort to not re-injure myself. I even went down on weight on the final exercise of the day as that was likely the cause of my original injury. (Front, side, and back combination lateral shoulder raises).

And yeah, I was definitely hampered somewhat... But I didn't lose any ground, and I hit my minimum rep ranges. I also moved up in most of the exercises of the day compared to last week, and still hit minimums. So, I really don't have anything to complain about. I even moved up in the Over Head EZ Bar tricep extensions (2 sets of 15-20 reps, so it's not exactly heavy which probably helped).

Lynn helped me a lot including setting up weights for me... Helped me get them in position... And she even massaged my shoulder in-between sets a few times. I can't tell you how much I love this woman. (and rumor has it I'm in for a massage before bed.) 😆😃👍

I think I know how the injury occurred, as I felt my tendon/muscles get caught again during the final exercise. Basically we go Front Lateral Raise (Count 1), then Side Lateral Raise (Count 2), then Rear Lateral Raise (Count 3), then we start all over until we count to 15. IF I don't completely relax between change of directions, specially going from side to rear, then *kitten* gets bunched up and some funny stuff happens. As soon as I noticed that, I stopped at the bottom and made an effort to just relax my shoulders completely before proceeding. I'm also considering going back to just side lateral raises and not worrying about the front and back as much, anybody have any thoughts on that.... OR perhaps I could try 1 full set of front / 1 full set of side / 1 full set of rear instead of the combination sets?

That is that... Then we had some amazing burgers. Prepared by Lynn and Cooked me. 🙂

And sure enough, I have dishes waiting for me over yonder. Yeah Me! 😐

Long slow burn this time.... Peace Out Brook Trouts! 😁🤗😎

aej2zw30kqet.jpg

Great workout! Even with a shoulder injury you pull it off. I don’t know much about weight lifting but I would do the exercises that allows the shoulder to heal. I have an issue with my bicep tendon and my rotator cuff that I have been getting cortisone shots and doing physio for over 2 years. It’s better to allow it to completely heal as you don’t want to be completely sidelined. That burger looks so good! My mouth is watering looking at the picture.

Steps 8,171
    Water ✔
    Did an extended fast today and had breakfast for dinner

Today I caught up on several chores that I've neglected. Boy I should sleep well tonight!!

WTG Downsizers!! Keep up the great work!!!

Amazing steps! You certainly met your goals today. Well done!

Steps- 11,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only four cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 15,000

Went on a 5.77 mini-Megan this morning. Love the walking, but I'm having a hard time getting in my rides. I only got to ride on Tuesday so far. Tomorrow, I need to ride- no excuses 😆.
    Tonight we made steak fajita salads for dinner. We usually marinate and freeze the steak ahead of time, so that we just have to pull out the steak the night before to defrost, then slice and cook the onions and peppers. I do want to find some casserole recipes to freeze, for a no-prep dinner (hubby is a VERY picky eater, so I need to look for something he'll eat also- isn't it supposed to be the kids who are finicky 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️).
    Again CONGRATS DOWNSIZERS!!!!

Those steps are awesome! That’s over 9 km that you walked. Fajita salad sound so good. I make quite a few casseroles since Garry is still without his dentures. I will look the recipes over and see if any are good to freeze. I do make a chili in the slow cooker that freezes really well.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy wednesday!

I am just doing a quick check in- I was planning on going to bed super early tonight and it's already nearly midnight sooooooo- another failed attempt haha. But tomorrow is Thursday which means I have to sign up for swimming! I feel a bit greedy signing up for nearly every day, since there are only 3 spots- but I feel maybe I *should* be a little greedy at least for now since I can't do any other exercise!

I'm going to take Wednesdays off I think because my fave OA meeting is on at 11am and swimming goes on til 11.15 (so really I get home around 11.20-11.25)

Today's session was great though- yesterday I did just over half an hour and managed 600m. Today I did the same length of time and managed 800m! Half a mile! I am going to push to do a couple of extra lengths each time. They are 45 min sessions, but by the time I get in and in the pool, it's 40 min max. So will see how that goes! I used to be able to do a 20 minute mile, but that was when I was 14 and at my peak, I don't think I'll be making that kinda speed and stamina anymore!

Steps for today

7/7- 6,825 + 35 min swimming (I guess mostly freestyle and backstroke? but a mix)

And also- the face waxing was a hit! And painful! But worth it hahahaha

Have a good night all!! <3

You are killing it with your swimming. It sucks having to book times and have limits on the time you can spend in the pool. Maybe when we get in phase 3 things will relax a little more. Take care of that knee. Don’t push yourself to get steps. Did you sort out your physio?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 7/7:
    Steps - 1819. I didn't wear it this morning when I went shopping. Stayed home in p.m.
    Calories - 1666. Ice cream sundae for dessert.
    Exercise - over an hour looking at xmas stuff should count. Lol.

Grats to the team leaders last week.

Walk or gym tomorrow.

I can’t believe you said Christmas. Was this in a store? And yes it sounds like exercise to me. Great calorie day!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! Way to go on week 1, we smashed it!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/7 steps 8,029

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    I am ....Bestbuy has the versa2 for 180.00 + 15.00 for the charger and 15.00 for the clear shield that goes on the watch ....I really wanted the Sense but I can't see paying that price
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thursday!!! 🤠

This morning was a very good reminder of how important a good night sleep is. It literally makes all the difference in the world. Your entire thought process is shifted in your favor, the long game comes within sight, heck sometimes your even looking forward to getting at it.

Last night we were slow to bed, then worse... I seemed to have a case of Piss and Vinegar. Then a crap sleep on top of all that, with a sleep score of 60ish I DID NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED. Only 2 things were going for me this morning.

I had to PEE really really bad. 😆
    I'm stubborn. 🤪

So up and atom, a quick pee. And a way I went! 😋

Given my particular mood, and the fact I did not want to do anything.... I immediately looked for ways to make the morning less torturous. So, I shook things up and decided to do a Hybrid Cardio Session.

4 Laps around the Co-op followed immediately, by 10+ minutes on the Elliptical, and of course the climb to the bedroom. It certainly reduced the monotony, and it was still a good Burn at a total of 730ish calories all together.

And considering, I just completed 4 laps... I managed to hit .6 miles with 40 seconds to go at the 10-minute mark of the Elliptical... Which means I was close to the 1.9-mile pace if I went for 30 minutes. (granted my pace generally slows after the 10-minute mark. 😋)

Also... I've been acting very strange... And I was caught this morning. I wasn't advertising it, but silly me has been doing weird things in an attempt to keep my heart rate up after the cardio sessions. Like High Stepping down the hallway to the stairs. High Stepping to the Bathroom for a shower from the Bedroom. Moving around a lot in the shower staying busy scrubbing my body. Then Brushing my teeth while I march in place in front of the mirror. And finally, I laid face down on my bed with the fan on TURBO, blowing at my *kitten* (You know drying off), while I casually lifted my hips and relaxed over and over again. I had some interesting Junk in the trunk movement happening. Of course, it occurred to me this looks a lot like humping the bed. (But no one was watching... right?). 😄😆😅😃

Turns out no one was watching... But I was heard walking in place in the bathroom.... And I think maybe, just maybe they (Lynn and my brother) could hear me on the bed. Of course, you know, this whole thing is a result of you... My most dearly beloved *kitten*! What are you guys doing to me? 😄

So DO get your rest... And embrace the wacky! (Arseholes and all). 😉

jk3f8uoo4u4t.jpg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have an "Up and Atom" t-shirt...with electrons!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 219.6
    CW: 224.0
    😯 This truly isn't a surprise. I have been eating everything, not exercising and not tracking anything for about the last week. Back on track today. No excuses Thursday!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps
    7/6: 10,477
    7/7: 14,847
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    I just got back from getting a new fitbit .... I got the fitbit versa2 in rose gold ... I did the bundle package so I got the fitbit..the clear shield and a charger for 220.00 :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I just got back from getting a new fitbit .... I got the fitbit versa2 in rose gold ... I did the bundle package so I got the fitbit..the clear shield and a charger for 220.00 :)

When mine died last year and it felt so weird without it. The versa is nice. I think when mine dies I will switch to Apple. I had 7 different Fitbits since I got my first one in 2015. Thankfully, all but 1 was replaced under warranty.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

Enjoy... I'm loving mine. :)

Oh wait, you are likely aware of that already. lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185
    Sounds like you had lots of fun with your nephews. You had some really good step days in that list. When do you go back to school? Here the kids go back in September.

@lmf1012
    Great steps!

@Poobah1972
    Walking and the elliptical! You are on fire even with a bad sleep.

@888Angie888
    It’s amazing what happens when we let our guard down. I know you will get back on track. Nice steps!

@Tazaria87
    Sounds like you have been burning lots of calories chasing the little ones. Nice walk!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter did well in surgery. I am so happy and relieved.

That's great news
This discussion has been closed.