Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Made my Holiday Sandwich. It was amazing. A little ugly because I toasted it with my Gorge Forman grill. It was higher in calories than I would like. I grossly underestimated the amount of calories stuffing has. I’m total my sandwich was 654 calories but worth every bite. I was totally full after eating it. I do understand that I will have to eat a very small dinner to make up for it but totally worth it.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    So cool that you were able to recreate it. And really - for something that was as enticing and satisfying - 654 isn't too bad!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Looks like a tiny but beautiful package of yumminess @gewel321!

I went the other way today! So I got about 725 Cal (dad 625 Cal) of mixed zucchini and beet noodles in a basil tomato sauce with farmer's sausage, yellow peppers, green onion tops, garlic, chives, and extra dried basil... with parmesan petals. 30g of parmesan petals were just about 20% of the Calories!
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ...I went the other way today! So I got about 725 Cal (dad 625 Cal) of mixed zucchini and beet noodles in a basil tomato sauce with farmer's sausage, yellow peppers, green onion tops, garlic, chives, and extra dried basil... with parmesan petals. 30g of parmesan petals were just about 20% of the Calories!

That sounds pretty delicious! I could try it with some veggie sausage...I'll be careful, I hear the pea protein is bloodthirsty (when I read your description - my stomach did a little flippety-flop! )
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My stomach did a little flippety- flop for very different reasons!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    In the category to probably avoid if you can department: Lean cuisine (new packaging) chicken parmesan for 330 Cal.👎

The (old packaging) four cheese cannelloni at 230 👍👍👍 the new packaging four cheese cannelloni at 300 is still a question mark as I FIFO frozen entrees (and why would I waste 300 when 230 will do fine???😹 Of course the ugly thought that it has always been 300 does creep in 😰)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Air fryer chicken legs in a spicy dry rub, cauliflower and yellow rice with a salad and feta cheese…..dessert is coffee and Nonnis thin biscotti….snack later might be fruit or Greek yogurt!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Is the feta cheese in the salad? Is the feta cheese touching the salad?!? :lol:

Are you doing pieces of cauliflower and riced, separate (non touching, of course); or, are you joining the MOVEMENT and doing cauliflower rice mixed with regular rice?!?!? :yum:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Is the feta cheese in the salad? Is the feta cheese touching the salad?!? :lol:

Are you doing pieces of cauliflower and riced, separate (non touching, of course); or, are you joining the MOVEMENT and doing cauliflower rice mixed with regular rice?!?!? :yum:

The steamed cauliflower with low fat cheese is separate from an exact 1/2 c. of yellow rice….an inch away are two drumsticks positioned opposite one another….nothing is touching and I blotted the cauliflower before putting it on my plate…..the Feta is on the salad with 2 T. of Kens Lite Bleu Cheese dressing on it….tastes amazing!….
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Tonight was beef taquitos with mango-habanero dipping sauce (them) or salsa (me), Mexican rice. refried beans, sour cream, and pico de gallo.

And we have a new dish for the rotation. That was insanely good. I just had the taquitos and salsa and a little sliced lettuce, and they had all the fixings.

Tomorrow is hamburgers for lunch (they will have burgers with habanero jack slices, turkey bacon, and frenchfried jalapenos... I like a plain burger myself.) and then he is having baked tilapia (I don't know yet how I will spice it) and Girlfriend and I are having personal pizzas out of the freezer that I made a while back. Mine is turkey sausage and cheese, and hers is ham, pepperoni, turkey sausage, and grilled onions and peppers, with black olives.

Part of the reason I can do this is that I do a lot of precooking. Often in the evenings I wander into the kitchen and make something for later use. I don't want to eat when I've been doing a lot of cooking, so it keeps me from sitting here and snacking.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie style pork loin with corn and green beans and sweet potato casserole for dinner tonight.

I tired a turkey sausage breakfast bowl this morning. Not to bad and I was able to make it until dinner with a light snack.

I am obsessed with smart pop popcorn. The mini bags are only 100 calories and it’s a great size for a night snack with a cappuccino (70 calories).
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I tried s new recipe tonight. Spaghetti squash with bacon and spinach and goat cheese. Delicious!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Alexandra... are you going to be cooking for son too?!
    Connie.... that sounds touching in a very non touching way! :wink:

Me and food today.... NOT INSPIRED

--lean cuisine chicken parmigiana 330 (a waste of even the $1.34 [0.89 Euro, or US$1 it ended up costing me after considering all sales ($1.99), and points (30% of price) and credit card points (another 3%)]
    --lean cuisine four cheese cannelloni 230
    --pc butter chicken 440
    --pc butter chicken without the rice 240
    --250g cauliflower rice 63

So.... ~1300 Cal "richer" and ~$10 "poorer"... and "quality" challenged! (supplemented with rondnoir, yoplait 0%, oikos 0%, some nature path granola and all bran cereal, and a cliff bar or two to bring it up to ~2700 maintenance) -- need to go find some bunnies!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This thread is my favourite - so many different dinners! We (grandson and I) had a pretty simple dinner "Green" soup, scrambled eggs, grape tomatoes and popcorn. Since I've given up bread - don't have it in the house anymore, and am trying to go light on crackers so we've added popcorn to our soup meals. He hasn't noticed there is no toast anymore! lol And it's fun. Start the popper about the same time as the eggs and he knows when dinner is just about ready!

Nothing even touches in this meal, Connie! Though it is a bit of a oddball combination.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    "Green" soup, scrambled eggs, grape tomatoes and popcorn.[/quote]

?!?!? eggs: check; tomatoes: check!; smartpop: check (bags in house).... Vat is dat "green" Zoop? <-- do I have something I might sell Dad... or Connie (since nothing is touching!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am betting I won’t like “ green soup”…. And here I am still up when I want to get up early to beat the heat and work in the garage on throwing away junk!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    lol...I make soup almost every week and have gotten a bit bored - so I tried colour coding it for awhile.

Green soup is all green things with a green pea soup base (split green peas). Spinach, broccoli, edamame beans, green peppers, sometimes brussel sprouts, kale, zuchini ??? whatever green stuff you got! Surprisingly, this has turned into a favourite. Sometimes, for a bit of excitement, I'll top it with a few spoonfuls of finely diced bell peppers. Woohoo!

It is late, I've been chasing around with a 5 year old all day (swimming too, Connie!), I'm must be getting giddy because I'm pretty excited about "dat green zoop" :) Night night everyone.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Sometimes, for a bit of excitement, I'll top it with a few spoonfuls of finely diced bell peppers. Woohoo! Night night everyone.

Nigh-night early morning Laurie and Connie! Sleep tight and don't let the bed-bugs bite! :smiley:

Are the finely diced bell peppers green?!?!? (or are they yellow, orange, red?), just wondering 'cause you also mentioned that the soup contains green peppers!!! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sometimes, for a bit of excitement, I'll top it with a few spoonfuls of finely diced bell peppers. Woohoo! Night night everyone.

Nigh-night early morning Laurie and Connie! Sleep tight and don't let the bed-bugs bite! :smiley:

Are the finely diced bell peppers green?!?!? (or are they yellow, orange, red?), just wondering 'cause you also mentioned that the soup contains green peppers!!! :lol:

The finely diced are whatever colour you like - just had to break the rules. Fresh crispy diced pepper is a entirely different animal - so they could be just green...and maybe some chives? or green onion and be a green purist? Red for Christmas? orange for Halloween?!! Yellow for Sunshine day?????