Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,630 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Woohoo!! Great scale- and non-scale-victories!!

@trooworld Sounds like a great plan to get into exercise :smile:

@leonadixon Good to see the scale coming back down!

@cornanda Yayyyyyy!! Way to go!

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like an exciting change for Sunday school!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I didn't have such a great day yesterday. I ate some lollies and ended up way over on calories. Not enough to undo all my good work this week, but still over. Also didn't do my workout. I was just exhausted and felt like doing nothing. I'm feeling much better today.

I have a busy day ahead of getting a bunch of housework done, and some bookwork for my mum, and making a cake topper for a friend - her daughter is turning one next week. Today will be a good day!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pngg84de3hu2n0f.png
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @broncobuddee I think I missed last week's weigh in - sorry. It should have been 125.5 kg.
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 125.5kg
    CW: 123.7kg
    LTD: 14.8kg
    LTW: 1.8 kg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Not really, there's a lot of rules with pain clinics, I don't know if I'm going to sign a contract or not, it depends on what we discuss. I could have a glass of wine but I'm mostly white-knuckling it then the last few hours of the day it's watching the clock to take my pain pill and pass out. I can't tell I'm going through withdrawal, it's not like when I went off drugs cold turkey or quit smoking, I'm just in more pain which that or withdrawal could be why I'm more emotional. I just have to be careful not to catastrophize (like thinking it's only getting worse) and I can start the new day stronger. Hope things aren't too crazy being back at work.

@19shmoo69 I don't think I've tried but have heard of community coffee, I'm not familiar with the rest! I love coffee too but not black. I went to college at UC Santa Cruz which is a beach town with great coffee shops, that's basically where I was most the time! My boyfriend drinks a lot of coffee too so it goes fast around here, I get San Francisco Bay at Costco or if they're having a sale, their Rainforest Blend is really good. What kind of roasts do you like? I like them all but medium-dark roasts. Just no decaf or "flavored" coffees though I do like flavored creamer in them. But that hazelnut coffee that was popular tasted really weird, I didn't like that! Drinking healthier drinks meant white mochas and frappacinos from Starbucks or wherever were out, I try to keep them under 200 calories. A cold brew with light vanilla sweet cream for 100 calories is a great compromise! Shoot, now I want coffee!

@Jactop I love that mug! I just got a sign for my bathroom that says "Stop! Glamour Time!" Go MC Hammer!

@ranaegry A camping weekend sounds fun! How do you eat healthy with camping? I haven't gone in awhile but just avoided Smores and the carbs and put myself in charge of vegetables and salad plus brought a lot of fruit. That's been the big catch, chopping is a lot for just me but if you're around others you have to share and that's a ton of prep!

@TeresaW1020 That was a quick trip, welcome back! I hope your foot is doing better. Driving is more stress on the body than we think. Sounds like you're back on track today!

@TwistedSassette Way to go on 20% down, woohoo! I'd love to see the cake topper, how cool!

@Cornanda way to go on the ab workout, woot woot!

Hi everyone! I've been running around a lot, I had watering at the food bank farm three times today, went to the farmer's market, Target, Lowes, and have been catching up with friends. I'm trying to step up my workouts but nights have been real tough lately so today I stuck with arm cardio. When I went at Noon to water at the food bank farm camp was in session and little kids with runny popcicles were tearing around everywhere, I just watered and watched giggling, it's so stinkin cute! As long as I don't have to wipe all that sticky syrup off their faces it's adorable! I'm meeting my dad for lunch tomorrow then going to a fair with one of my best friends Saturday so I'm keeping busy. My garden is doing well, I picked up some elderberry bush cuttings so I had to get sand and peat moss to try to get them to root then made oregano oil yesterday and kombucha the day before.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well it's a great day to be alive. I had a great day. Got my hair braided and tutored my kindergartener. Then I went to a storytelling event and the speakers were great. They had been in a workshop all week and now it was their turn to shine. There were four tonight and there will be four tomorrow. My eating was pretty good today. I didn't go over my calories but I didn't exercise. I do plan to tomorrow. Praying for great sleep/rest tonight and a wonderful tomorrow. Let's get it!! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 182.1
    CW: 183.7
    LTD: 80.7
    Month +/-: +2.9

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I love how fast you turn around a day that isn’t so great to one that is. And yayyy on your loss this week! B)

@Katmary71 I hope you live close to that food bank since you have to go there so much to water. You sure have a very busy schedule. I greatly admire all that you do despite your struggles with your pain. You are a rock star!! <3

@askewcr Sounds like you are having a great summer! :)

Hi team! Well, I wasn’t happy with the gain but not surprised either. At least the scale has been going down since I came home so that is good. Tomorrow, I start the new DDF challenge. I’m also going to do my best to track my food in Carb Manager for at least this whole month. Today, I pre-tracked and it really does help me to see where I am at and to make sure that I’m hitting my macros. I did a good workout this morning and cleaned the house. Now I’m going to go finish the puzzle I’m currently working on and watch some General Hospital. :grin:
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 137 lbs
    CW: 137 lbs
    LTD: 4 lbs
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Username: Lulu_jo
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 217
    CW: 216

Was totally surprised to see a loss this morning after sitting at the same weight for 2 weeks straight. I hate how slow it's gotten... But it's my own fault, I've been a bit lazy. Time to get back to it and try harder.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday
    gwamajtw91
    SW: 176.0
    PW: 159.6
    CW: 158.5
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19

PW: 266
    CW: 266
    LTD: 34
  • askewcr
    Options
    Absolutely blew it today with eating. No excuse...just blew it. I know I will get it back together. Can't explain it at all. :(
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @Katmary71 Wow you really are keeping yourself busy! I will share a pic of the cake topper when it's done. It's a really cute rainbow. I made another one for her a couple of weeks ago for a baby shower with a cute little elephant on it, I'll find a pic of that one too.

@davidji82 Wow, great loss!!

@TeresaW1020 At least you know that your gain is water retention, not a gain in fat. It will keep coming down.

@Lulu_jo Nice loss :smile:

@gwamajtw91 Congrats on your loss this week!
    Not much to report here. Hubby has been busy replacing the tastic in our bathroom and removing a secondary vent fan that wasn't wired up. He's hoping that this will make the primary fan more efficient and help stop so much moisture accumulating in the bathroom during a shower. It's bad, the walls literally drip with water from the condensation, so hopefully this will fix it!

I tried to involve the toddler in a dance party this morning since it's too cold and wet to take him outside - but he wouldn't dance for more than about 30 seconds at a time so I gave up and got a ball to play with instead!
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.pnglgype2j4ee1l.png
  • askewcr
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 247
    CW:246.5

I blew it yesterday but I've lost half a pound. Every ounce counts. B) Lord help me to do better this week. I had lunch with some friends yesterday and then had dinner with my nieces. It's a new day and the weekend. Intentional is the word today!!!! Let's go get it! :p
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 245.2
    CW: 242.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 220.4
    LTD: 27.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon @davidji82 @Lulu_jo @gwamajtw91 @Firefly743 Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Look at you girl, woo hoo! Congrats!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I hope so too. You are doing good things at the church, awesome! Good luck with the tracking.

@TwistedSassette I'm sorry you had a crap day on Thursday. I'm glad you are feeling better. Are you using your sister's cutting machine to make the cake topper? Congrats on the loss, well done! Sorry the toddler wouldn't do the dance party, that sounds like a fun activity to do with him.

@Katmary71 I hope you get some relief soon, that sounds tough. I'm glad you are trying to stay positive. Work was crazy, I had so much work waiting for me but I survived lol. I've heard oregano oil is good for you. I like kombucha.

@askewcr Today is a new day, make the next bite you take a healthy one. Hang in there. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm hanging in there. I had a healthy dinner last night, fish and greens. My weight this morning was down but not as down as I wanted it to be but I will plug on until I am in the "GREEN" again. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Jactop Are you tracking your food? What healthy decisions did you make today/yesterday?
    Interesting. I keep a food journal instead of tracking. I'm normally consistent with it but over the last few weeks I've been slacking off on the journalling and struggling to keep my weight down. Maybe its been helping more than i realized.

@Lulu_jo I like those kind of surprises. Slow weight loss can be frustrating but it's also more permanent. Occasionally I take pics of my feet on the scale showing my current weight so I can look back at the dates/weights. It has more impact than seeing your progress on paper

@TwistedSassette our sons sound so similar except mine is 24. My son wasn't a fan of dancing either. At his first school Christmas pagent his class (4 &5 yr olds) did a little skit that involved hooking arms and dancing with a partner. He was paired with a little girl who had a crush in him and was always trying to kiss him so he was not thrilled. During the entire performance he stood in the middle of the stage in his little suit and tie with his arms crossed while the other kids danced around. Everyone thought it was hilarious. It couldn't have been cuter if it was planned.

@askewcr nice to sneak out a loss even when you think you blew it. One or two excessive meals won't have as big of an influence on your weight as what you do with the rest of your week and youre good at getting back on track quickly

@TeresaW1020 good luck with your DDF challenge this month. I'm excited to see your progress

I did not do well this week and the scale shows it. Hopefully I can negate the damage before my next weigh in. I worked 3 days and ate more chocolate than I should have which wouldn't be too bad if it didn't have a snowball effect. The sugar and caffeine disrupt my sleep and if I don't get sufficient sleep I crave more sugar, I'm too tired to exercise or track/journal, I fall back into bad eating habits and I retain water like its my day job.

Yesterday was a better day. I still have some water retention but dropped 3lbs of it already so hopefully a few more days of healthy habits will put me back in the green

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.1
    CW: 174.8

LTD: 16.3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Luly_jo Yayyy on a great loss this week. Just keep your focus and next week will be just as good! :)

@askewcr Yayyy on losing this week! Keep praying for help and hold on to your focus and you will have a great week. :)

@TwistedSassette I agree that having a good bathroom fan is vital to keeping the moisture down. Bummer your little man wouldn’t dance with you. I bet playing ball was more his style, huh? :grin:

@trooworld Yayyy on your weight being down!! That is awesome considering that you had company all last week. Are you still on vacation or do you go back this week? :)

@Jactop I have the same exact snowball effect once I start eating too much sugar. It’s like being on some bad carnival ride that keeps going around and around and unless we get off there is no doing what we know works for us. And isn’t it crazy how fast we can put the weight back on? You got this!! <3

Hi Team! Today has been good. My biceps are killing me from yesterday’s workout, so I was happy that my workout today worked on other parts of my body that will surely hurt tomorrow. :grin: I started the July DDF challenge today and will just take my morning BG and before and after meals for the next three days to get a new trigger number. Then the fun will start! I’m really going to give it my all and not get derailed this month. Just because I have stuff going on isn’t an excuse to blow all my hard work. Right!! :p

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Day One of tracking BG numbers.
    Tracked calories/macrosI pre-tracked my two meals
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): 4 Week of the Prep, total body, plus a repair and recovery program.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
This discussion has been closed.