What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• Chanda7799
    Chanda7799 Posts: 20 Member
    b43gxl7a9xyd.jpeg
    Today’s lunch was chicken salad on half an avocado with bacon on top!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,894 Member
    hwfkbr2ubx18.jpeg

Dinner last night: cauliflower fried rice, stir fry vegetables, shrimp and oddly enough.. spam. It was all very good together
  • txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    Chanda7799 wrote: »
    Today’s lunch was chicken salad on half an avocado with bacon on top!

That's a great idea and looks delish!
  • Chanda7799
    Chanda7799 Posts: 20 Member
    av6kq2jxpqwn.jpeg
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,894 Member
    av6kq2jxpqwn.jpeg
    What is the protein we’re looking at, please?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    av6kq2jxpqwn.jpeg
    What is the protein we’re looking at, please?

Looks like snow crab.
  • txkajun263
    edited July 2021
    That burger looks great!
  • MarieNYCA
    MarieNYCA Posts: 11 Member
    Wow! I love this thread. I wish I could see this the minute I sign on to MFP. Very motivating!
  • txkajun263
    I want some of that steak right NOW!
  • txkajun263
    edited July 2021
    psuLemon wrote: »
    When your 3 year old wants steak, you make steak!

That is one smart 3 year old! It all looks fantastic!

(except I can't do the olives. :) )
  • isofblue2
    isofblue2 Posts: 7 Member
    What is the average calorie intake for 3 meals a day here? I see a lot of 600cal recipes and am wondering what most here eat caloric-wise in a day? I am hanged at 1200 for the day and although these all look so yummy and I want to have them all, they all seem to be very high in calories? Does that matter?
  • isofblue2
    Cheeseburger (with bacon ground in with the beef) topped with crunchy jalapeños (a salad topping), mayo, avocado, a little guac seasoning mix and some romaine with more avocado and dressing. I also had a sausage. But it disappeared before I took the pic. :)
    tgqwvi1iwym2.jpeg

How many calories in this one Sunny?
  • isofblue2
    I kinda throw my recipes together. Shirred eggs are just baked eggs, usually in cream/butter or a sauce like the creamed peas...just bake until eggs are set. I reduce heavy cream on the stove until it thickens to my liking, (reduce by half) & season w/ fresh nutmeg, white pepper, thyme (fresh & ground), salt. That's the base for my creamed peas, spinach or even better, kale. Just stir in leaves that have been wilted & drained. I also saute shallots & add to that as well. I cook for two of us & only make enough for each meal, I don't really have measurements.

Yeah, gruyere is a type of hard swiss, awesome melted on ham too!

Chiles Rellenos:

4-6 Large Poblano Peppers
    Monterey Jack Cheese – shredded
    Chicken or Pork – cooked, pulled, diced, leftovers, whatevs (meat is optional, usually made with cheese only)
    Cilantro, Green Onion, Jalapeno – chopped

Roast peppers over a flame, either stovetop or grill until completely charred, place in bag & allow to steam for 10-15 minutes. Peel/clean the skins from the peppers, taking care not to tear them. I will run them under water to help rinse off the char. These can also be stuffed w/o charring/peeling if the skin does not bother you, will take a little longer in oven.

Mix equal parts cheese and meat, add cilantro/onion/peno to taste. Carefully make a cut down side of pepper & stuff with meat/cheese mixture.

Pour sauce below (or salsa seasoned with a pinch of cinnamon) into an iron skillet or baking dish, 1-2 cups, enough to cover bottom of pan. Place stuffed peppers in pan on top of sauce, cut-side up. Sprinkle more shredded cheese over top. Bake in pre-heated 400f oven for 10-15 min or until bubbly.

Mexican Tomato Sauce for the Chiles Rellenos (super easy to make if you have a blender):

• 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped (or canned whole peeled tomatoes, drained)
    • 1/4 medium yellow onion
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
    • 1 jalapeno (with seeds)
    • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (preferably Mexican)

In a blender, combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth.
    Transfer the tomato puree to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.

This sauce is incredible if you have the time to make it. I make it in large amounts and can it in pint jars, perfect amount per meal.

Yield: about 3 cups

Jode, are you a Chef? All your dishes look frikin AWESOME! What I don't get is they look too dam good to be low in Carbs am I wrong?
  • isofblue2
    o98myqchrn50.jpeg

Breakfast! Cream cheese pancakes with butter and sugar free syrup (I seriously LOVE these pancakes!) bacon and avocado.

Wouldn't Real Maple Syrup be a better option than S/F Syrup? I have read that the S/F types of Syrups are actually loaded with worse sugars and chemicals to make it taste more like real syrup? I use Costco's Organic Pure Maple Syrup in and on Everything! Lol!
  • isofblue2
    Annatheb1 wrote: »
    Everything looks amazing! l have been low carbing. It's hard to keep the fat intake down at the same time.

Same here! It seems like fat and low carb are not an easy combination for me?
  • isofblue2
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Keto burgers (and salad, not pictured)...to9290svs5x3.jpg

I'm picking up some Portabello shrooms this weekend for my burgers, they taste just as meaty as the meat but make great substitute buns too!