Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends! 🙂

It's day 4, Thursday! Which is a cardio only day... 4 straight days of Cardio in fact.

As much as I like to take a day off mid-week I can't this week.. Cause tomorrow I got the day off and were heading to Orleans. (Just passing by Lisa's House? hehe). Walked Monday, Ellipticaled Tuesday, and set a Strong PR Elliptical Wednesday. And since tomorrow morning were doing our Leg workout (no time for cardio), it made perfect sense that I box this morning to save my legs for tomorrow. 😎👍

Boxing... 🥊😆🥊

Boxing takes a bit of time to get started... Gotta get my hands wrapped, then I gotta strap my Fitbit to my forearm... I actually bought a specially designed "ankle" strap for this from a lady on Etsy. It works great, so if anyone is interested, I could post pictures etc, it would be pretty easy to make for anyone that can use a Sewing machine. FYI The Fitbit works fine, on the forearm close to the interior of the elbow. (Lots of blood flow to monitor there, and I can throw as many punches as I want and it stays right there). Then I have to get my phone ready, music playing, get the interval app up. Start my Fitbit, then try to squeeze my hands with wraps into the boxing gloves. BY this time, I'm sweating already. lol

Then after that, I would usually use my nose to start the interval timer.. lol (but Lynn was doing a Bouncy Bounce/Stepper circuit so she came to the rescue for that.

Time is very limited in the morning, were already getting up at 4:30am... So could only do a limited number rounds and still have time to cool down and get my *kitten* ready for breakfast. As you can see by the heart rate monitor, it would be best if I could box for at least 10 rounds (15 better )... As my heart rate was still climbing every single round until, I stopped. Don't get me wrong I got good and sweaty, but it would have been nice if I did at least another round or 2 as I'm sure that would have got my Heart rate even higher.

Regardless It was a good workout.. Just not OMG amazing. lol 😆

That's it! Have a great day everyone! 🤗🤗🤗

qzp517bx7hi2.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Morning Friends! 🙂

It's day 4, Thursday! Which is a cardio only day... 4 straight days of Cardio in fact.

As much as I like to take a day off mid-week I can't this week.. Cause tomorrow I got the day off and were heading to Orleans. (Just passing by Lisa's House? hehe). Walked Monday, Ellipticaled Tuesday, and set a Strong PR Elliptical Wednesday. And since tomorrow morning were doing our Leg workout (no time for cardio), it made perfect sense that I box this morning to save my legs for tomorrow. 😎👍

Boxing... 🥊😆🥊

Boxing takes a bit of time to get started... Gotta get my hands wrapped, then I gotta strap my Fitbit to my forearm... I actually bought a specially designed "ankle" strap for this from a lady on Etsy. It works great, so if anyone is interested, I could post pictures etc, it would be pretty easy to make for anyone that can use a Sewing machine. FYI The Fitbit works fine, on the forearm close to the interior of the elbow. (Lots of blood flow to monitor there, and I can throw as many punches as I want and it stays right there). Then I have to get my phone ready, music playing, get the interval app up. Start my Fitbit, then try to squeeze my hands with wraps into the boxing gloves. BY this time, I'm sweating already. lol

Then after that, I would usually use my nose to start the interval timer.. lol (but Lynn was doing a Bouncy Bounce/Stepper circuit so she came to the rescue for that.

Time is very limited in the morning, were already getting up at 4:30am... So could only do a limited number rounds and still have time to cool down and get my *kitten* ready for breakfast. As you can see by the heart rate monitor, it would be best if I could box for at least 10 rounds (15 better )... As my heart rate was still climbing every single round until, I stopped. Don't get me wrong I got good and sweaty, but it would have been nice if I did at least another round or 2 as I'm sure that would have got my Heart rate even higher.

Regardless It was a good workout.. Just not OMG amazing. lol 😆

That's it! Have a great day everyone! 🤗🤗🤗

qzp517bx7hi2.png

First of all, amazing boxing session! Second of all, tell me more about the Fitbit strap. Would it fix the issue Roger had last night while pushing the cart? If you strapped it to your ankle it would count steps properly?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    16bid6bvmoel.jpeg

Have you started thinking about your August goals yet? I know I have! Can you share any goals you would like to work on for the upcoming month?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,826 Member
    Options
    16bid6bvmoel.jpeg

Have you started thinking about your August goals yet? I know I have! Can you share any goals you would like to work on for the upcoming month?

My August goals are ....be consistent in walking 3 days a week and using my home gym 3 days a week ...drink 120 ounces of water .... log everything (the good the bad the ugly) and stay under my 15% of carbs .... I really hope August will be better than July
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    First of all, amazing boxing session! Second of all, tell me more about the Fitbit strap. Would it fix the issue Roger had last night while pushing the cart? If you strapped it to your ankle it would count steps properly?

Yeep apparently it tracks steps just fine, and if you put it on the right spot on your ankle I do believe it can also track Heart rate pretty darn well too. Seems to work just fine on my forearm.

This picture should give you all you need to find AndreaReesDesign on Esty, and the ankle strap. The 13 x 2" model is generally the right size for a Versa... The 1.5" wide is better for the charge etc. They will also customize the length at no extra charge. Basically there is a 2.5 inch long bit of Velcro on each end. The material itself is stretchy. So you want to stretch a bit so it is snug. So I would suggest measure the circumference, and if ordered at that overall length it would then need to stretch just about right to put Velcro on Velcro, and have a snug fit.

Comes in all sorts of colors and patterns...

You can also see by the design it would be fairly simple to make yourself. :) Let me know what you end up doing. :smiley:

m6n40sd1iqfw.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading our way ... Please welcome @mthomas0228 :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/28: 19,654

When I had a Fitbit, it would register mowing grass as 'cycling'? Maybe because if the grip? Does it do the same thing with a shopping cart?
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 223.8

I need to come up with some good goals for August🤔.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Welcome to the team @Mthomas0228 !!! WOOOOOOOH HOoooooOOO! :)

@888Angie888 I always push the shopping cart, and it hasn't happened to me yet. :smiley:

I would say they have come a long way over the years. I highly recommend a model that read Heart rate as that there is probably the best measure of actual activity level, and it incorporates that when calculating calorie burns 24/7.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

How do you determine if your swim pace is moderate or fast? Does the fact I am beat help?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    16bid6bvmoel.jpeg

My August goals are ....be consistent in walking 3 days a week and using my home gym 3 days a week ...drink 120 ounces of water .... log everything (the good the bad the ugly) and stay under my 15% of carbs .... I really hope August will be better than July

Those are great goals! Hopefully, new month no headaches for you.

Poobah1972 wrote: »

Yeep apparently it tracks steps just fine, and if you put it on the right spot on your ankle I do believe it can also track Heart rate pretty darn well too. Seems to work just fine on my forearm.

This picture should give you all you need to find AndreaReesDesign on Esty, and the ankle strap. The 13 x 2" model is generally the right size for a Versa... The 1.5" wide is better for the charge etc. They will also customize the length at no extra charge. Basically there is a 2.5 inch long bit of Velcro on each end. The material itself is stretchy. So you want to stretch a bit so it is snug. So I would suggest measure the circumference, and if ordered at that overall length it would then need to stretch just about right to put Velcro on Velcro, and have a snug fit.

Comes in all sorts of colors and patterns...

You can also see by the design it would be fairly simple to make yourself. :) Let me know what you end up doing. :smiley:

m6n40sd1iqfw.png

That is so neat. I refuse to use the shopping cart as it won’t count my steps. I am going to order one.

Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 223.8

I need to come up with some good goals for August🤔.

I have last weeks weight as 222.2. Did I make a typo?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: June? 140
    CW: 144🙄

Have a doctor's appt to check on a really bad sprain I've had for over a month. I'm not overly frustrated with the weight gain, cause I know I'll lose it. I'm deeply frustrated cause I have not been able to exercise comfortably in that time... Anyway, it is tons better, and I'm hoping for the all clear. Lee
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: June? 140
    CW: 144🙄

Have a doctor's appt to check on a really bad sprain I've had for over a month. I'm not overly frustrated with the weight gain, cause I know I'll lose it. I'm deeply frustrated cause I have not been able to exercise comfortably in that time... Anyway, it is tons better, and I'm hoping for the all clear. Lee

I am glad to see you back. I hope your sprain starts feeling better. Let us know how the appointment goes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining us .... Please welcome @Jpedno :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member heading our way ... Please welcome @jayenguk :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Hi guys I have joined the group for August I'm Jamie - I'm ready for this challenge!

Welcome to our amazing group Jamie :)
  • 888Angie888
    Options

I have last weeks weight as 222.2. Did I make a typo?
    Two weeks ago I was 222.2 then a gain, then a loss. Consistently inconsistent.🙂
    Weights:
    7/15: 222.2
    7/22: 225.0
    7/29: 223.8
This discussion has been closed.