Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    I must be up early if I am posting at the same time as you. Awesome walk this morning. Enjoy your workout tonight and I am sure it will be another great burn.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Managed 60 laps today plus a workout! πŸŠβ€β™€οΈ
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 59oz
    Steps 2727

A cold has been ripping through my family and now I'm the last one to get it, sigh. So no exercise was done yesterday. Today I'm hoping I can at least get the lawn mowed. Need to focus on my water intake more today, definitely didn't drink enough yesterday.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

Steps for 8/10: 14,128

I’ve done well on my points and hydration over the last couple of days and still the scale went up this morning. Grrr. Planning to go to the gym after I put the kids on the bus. Not really in the mood, but I’ll push through.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Making this commitment public so that I stick to it … I will row after work today!
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Good job!!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @amymartin555 - 172,753 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -126,467 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -112,066 steps
    4th @Piqueaboo - 106,416 steps
    5th @mari_moulin -100,983 steps
    AMAZING JOB LADIES :):):)

AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,589,119 STEPS
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS :)

@lindamtuck2018 - 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 4/7
    @littleflutterby -7/7
    @Piqueaboo -7/7
    @888Angie888 - 6/7
    @iradi8- 1/7
    @azkunk - 4/7
    @rlaskey2 - 6/7
    @Tazaria87 - 6/7
    @red1185 - 6/7
    @rwood566 - 7/7
    @lmf1012 - 2/7
    @amymartin555 -7/7
    @MSWarrior7088 - 7/7
    @Jpedno - 6/7
    @mari_moulin - 6/7
    @mthomas0228 - 6/7
    @tahm42 - 7/7
    @Shannonsto - 7/7
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):):)

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For Tuesday 8/10

Calories: Over by 600 (Yikes!)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: No, 2 glasses of wine, For the month 8/10 days AF
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run, Yoga Stretches, Upper Body Workout

Friends invited us over to a cookout last night, such a bad meal! Everything terribly under-seasoned and no healthy choices. And over on calories too, which makes it even worse! A little bit of a gain on the scale this morning, hoping to have it drop back down by Friday's weigh-in.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/10 Steps = 9,997
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/10: 15,310
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @amymartin555 - 172,753 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -126,467 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -112,066 steps
    4th @Piqueaboo - 106,416 steps
    5th @mari_moulin -100,983 steps
    AMAZING JOB LADIES :):):)

AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,589,119 STEPS
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS :)

@lindamtuck2018 - 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 4/7
    @littleflutterby -7/7
    @Piqueaboo -7/7
    @888Angie888 - 6/7
    @iradi8- 1/7
    @azkunk - 4/7
    @rlaskey2 - 6/7
    @Tazaria87 - 6/7
    @red1185 - 6/7
    @rwood566 - 7/7
    @lmf1012 - 2/7
    @amymartin555 -7/7
    @MSWarrior7088 - 7/7
    @Jpedno - 6/7
    @mari_moulin - 6/7
    @mthomas0228 - 6/7
    @tahm42 - 7/7
    @Shannonsto - 7/7
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):):)

I goofed on @lindamtuck2018 's steps so I had to fix it ... I apologize @lindamtuck2018 ...thank you for letting me know I made a mistake ... it is now corrected :)

Mistakes are easy to make. Thanks for the correction and for doing such an awesome job on running the step challenge. We appreciate it.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I checked in last night but forgot to post it. Sorry.

Check in for 8/10:
    Steps - 4079. Walked around the apartment to make it.
    Calories - 1650. Probably is higher. Had to guess on a couple items at lunch and dinner.
    Exercise - none. Waited to see if daughter wanted to hit the gym. It was to late to walk by the time she woke up.

I was going to give blood this morning but couldn't remember when I had my covid test. Had to wait 28 days. Turns out I am 35 days out so I will reschedule for the next couple days.

Hit the gym this morning. 77 degrees at 630am. High humidity due to monsoonal air flow. Going to try for the zoo in a couple minutes. Ride the sky team and bus. Have a great hump day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    8/10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 59oz
    Steps 2727

A cold has been ripping through my family and now I'm the last one to get it, sigh. So no exercise was done yesterday. Today I'm hoping I can at least get the lawn mowed. Need to focus on my water intake more today, definitely didn't drink enough yesterday.

Feel better and get those fluids today.

Checking in...

Steps for 8/10: 14,128

I’ve done well on my points and hydration over the last couple of days and still the scale went up this morning. Grrr. Planning to go to the gym after I put the kids on the bus. Not really in the mood, but I’ll push through.

Nice steps! The scales can be so unpredictable at times. I was up this morning but I had a feeling that I would. I was talking with my massage therapist yesterday and we noted some of the best workouts are the ones you have to drag yourself to them. Hope this was the case for you today.

azkunk wrote: Β»
    Making this commitment public so that I stick to it … I will row after work today!

Row row your boat…. You can do this!

Good job!!

Thanks Amy!

Daily Check-In For Tuesday 8/10

Calories: Over by 600 (Yikes!)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: No, 2 glasses of wine, For the month 8/10 days AF
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run, Yoga Stretches, Upper Body Workout

Friends invited us over to a cookout last night, such a bad meal! Everything terribly under-seasoned and no healthy choices. And over on calories too, which makes it even worse! A little bit of a gain on the scale this morning, hoping to have it drop back down by Friday's weigh-in.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/10 Steps = 9,997

Great exercise day. It’s sucks when we are over and the food wasn’t the best.

Steps 8/10: 15,310
    Look at you meeting your step goal! Well done!

rwood566 wrote: Β»
    Good morning everyone. I checked in last night but forgot to post it. Sorry.

Check in for 8/10:
    Steps - 4079. Walked around the apartment to make it.
    Calories - 1650. Probably is higher. Had to guess on a couple items at lunch and dinner.
    Exercise - none. Waited to see if daughter wanted to hit the gym. It was to late to walk by the time she woke up.

I was going to give blood this morning but couldn't remember when I had my covid test. Had to wait 28 days. Turns out I am 35 days out so I will reschedule for the next couple days.

Hit the gym this morning. 77 degrees at 630am. High humidity due to monsoonal air flow. Going to try for the zoo in a couple minutes. Ride the sky team and bus. Have a great hump day.

Great job meeting your step goal. I indulged with a small piece of cheesecake yesterday. I didn’t have the nutritional information so I guessed. I am sure you would have been pretty close. Enjoy the zoo and try to stay cool.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

So sorry about the steps! Crazy, crazy week. I'll still give them to you so that they can add to my total:)

8/5 12,523
    8/6 6,063
    8/7 7,394

8/8 10,582
    8/9 7,525
    8/10 10,659

• iradi8
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Linda, I am out of town again, this time on business, so I will not be weighing in today. Actually, I would like to be excused for the rest of this month and put on hold. I will pick back up fully in September!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I'd like to keep logging my steps though:)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: tahm42
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220
    CW (Current Weight): 223
    I did post it yesterday although today I am a full pound lighter!!! :D So today 222
  • iradi8
    Options
    Y'all! I logged in today after not having logged in for a few days to read messages. 191 messages! I read through them all. Too many to respond to though. I'm going to have to take a break for the remainder of this month. I will be fully back in September.

So much has happened in the last couple of months. This journey has been very time consuming on a daily basis. I think if I take a break, I will have to time to do this the way I like to do it and that is by participating more and logging my food and exercise daily. That is what works for me. Five weeks of this summer has been lost for me with my mom being in the hospital and me staying with her, helping my mom at home after the hospital, going on a week long family vacation to the mountains (white water rafting, horseback riding, long hikes, bears, waterfalls, etc., and now out of town again this week because we are selling our beach condo. So my daughter and I are here to clean out the owners' closets, pack up the car, and bring it all home.

There will be a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico by this weekend which is super stressful. Our beach condo complex is still not fully recovered after Hurricane Sally in September of 2020. The act of sale is supposed to happen next Wednesday, so this new hurricane better not hit our condo in Alabama or our house in Louisiana! Enough already:(

Anyway, we will be helping my daughter move into her first apartment at college on Monday. Because of losing over five weeks this summer taking care of everything else, she and I aren't finished shopping for all that she needs like plates, pots, pans, curtains, etc. So when I leave the beach condo today, have to unload everything from my packed car and store it and tomorrow go shopping for her apartment.

My son, who is at home this summer doing an internship from his computer because Covid made it go virtual rather than in-person ten hours from home, will be packing up at home next Wednesday or Thursday and driving back to his college apartment 7.5 hours from home.

My mom has an MRI and multiple doctor visits and a dentist visit that I have to bring her to over the next two weeks. My husband works in the emergency room at a local hospital, one that has the highest rate of Covid inpatients in the whole state, and is very stressed and exhausted.

My dad will be having knee replacement surgery at the end of September and will need my help because he lives alone. I was going to have my knee replacement surgery that I have put off for years in October, but too much is going on, so I will postpone that.

If you have read this far, then I appreciate it. I did not come on here to write this much! I will continue to read the group messages when I can, but have not been logging my food or exercising like I was before because, once again in life, I have put myself at the bottom of the list. It is not forever though, and I am NOT giving up!!! Not at all. Just a little detour and I'll be back.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work on this journey to good health!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: Β»
    Y'all! I logged in today after not having logged in for a few days to read messages. 191 messages! I read through them all. Too many to respond to though. I'm going to have to take a break for the remainder of this month. I will be fully back in September.

So much has happened in the last couple of months. This journey has been very time consuming on a daily basis. I think if I take a break, I will have to time to do this the way I like to do it and that is by participating more and logging my food and exercise daily. That is what works for me. Five weeks of this summer has been lost for me with my mom being in the hospital and me staying with her, helping my mom at home after the hospital, going on a week long family vacation to the mountains (white water rafting, horseback riding, long hikes, bears, waterfalls, etc., and now out of town again this week because we are selling our beach condo. So my daughter and I are here to clean out the owners' closets, pack up the car, and bring it all home.

There will be a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico by this weekend which is super stressful. Our beach condo complex is still not fully recovered after Hurricane Sally in September of 2020. The act of sale is supposed to happen next Wednesday, so this new hurricane better not hit our condo in Alabama or our house in Louisiana! Enough already:(

Anyway, we will be helping my daughter move into her first apartment at college on Monday. Because of losing over five weeks this summer taking care of everything else, she and I aren't finished shopping for all that she needs like plates, pots, pans, curtains, etc. So when I leave the beach condo today, have to unload everything from my packed car and store it and tomorrow go shopping for her apartment.

My son, who is at home this summer doing an internship from his computer because Covid made it go virtual rather than in-person ten hours from home, will be packing up at home next Wednesday or Thursday and driving back to his college apartment 7.5 hours from home.

My mom has an MRI and multiple doctor visits and a dentist visit that I have to bring her to over the next two weeks. My husband works in the emergency room at a local hospital, one that has the highest rate of Covid inpatients in the whole state, and is very stressed and exhausted.

My dad will be having knee replacement surgery at the end of September and will need my help because he lives alone. I was going to have my knee replacement surgery that I have put off for years in October, but too much is going on, so I will postpone that.

If you have read this far, then I appreciate it. I did not come on here to write this much! I will continue to read the group messages when I can, but have not been logging my food or exercising like I was before because, once again in life, I have put myself at the bottom of the list. It is not forever though, and I am NOT giving up!!! Not at all. Just a little detour and I'll be back.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work on this journey to good health!

Big hugs to you .... I know what it is like to put yourself at the bottom .... Please take care of you and come in to say hi when you can .... Hope you see more of you in September :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018

Linda, I am out of town again, this time on business, so I will not be weighing in today. Actually, I would like to be excused for the rest of this month and put on hold. I will pick back up fully in September!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I'd like to keep logging my steps though:)

I will move you to support. Sometimes a break is what we need. You are a great person and sometimes you need to move yourself up the ladder. I am sure your detour will lead you back here in September. Hugs!
    tahm42 wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: tahm42
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220
    CW (Current Weight): 223
    I did post it yesterday although today I am a full pound lighter!!! :D So today 222

I will change it. It always happens that way.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Evening All... It's hard to fit all this stuff in sometimes I tell yah. πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

Day in Review...

First off, my knee did tighten up significantly over the course of the work day from my walk this morning. But as I sit here and since I got home from work, I haven't really noticed it. πŸ˜›πŸ‘

When I got home, I installed two shorter rogue weight horns right off the front of my power rack on the highest location on the Left and Right Post. Looks brilliant, and is the new home for the Olympic 5, 2.5, and 1.25 lb plates. We have a good selection of smaller plates now to accommodate the both of us... 4 x 10lb, 4 x 5LB, 4 x 2.5lb and 6 x 1.25 (Only cause rogue accidently shipped us the same order 3 times. Haha). I do believe Olympic plate storage is now as good as it needs to be. πŸ€“πŸ˜Ž

I fooled with my Cable station, and it's just buggered. And i did reach out to the Brand... No response yet however. Almost 2/3rds of the way up there is a section where it just gets really tight. It shouldn't be tight in a specific spot, maybe the entire beam is bent? I'm highly considering getting a simple pulley system for like 87 bucks from Amazon people seem to love (Cheaper than Spud Inc). I got the perfect spot for it. But I need to work the warranty angle and see what I can do. (I'm not hopeful though). πŸ€”

Did I mention I felt like I was completely wiped out all day today? I was. I even left work 45 minutes early because I just had it. Yawn-a-thon was my new name... Get it (Jon-a-thon)

Anyway, one of those days, where I could of just went right to bed. Glad I didn't though cause sure enough the act of working out brought back my energy and mood. And that's awesome! πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒπŸ’ͺ πŸ₯³

Anywhoo... Chest, Triceps and Shoulders tonight!

Okay, so like I mentioned in my morning post, I'll spare you all the specific details... It takes too long to write down anyway. lol πŸ˜…

My self-imposed Rehab continues... and my plan seems to be working. In fact, I did really well. Moving up coming into today in everything, and doing a ton of reps... Improved in every exercise and moving up in weight in almost every exercise next week. Except shoulder press where I'm at full non-rehab weight... But still improving. πŸ™‚

More importantly... Doing the skull crushers and standing Overhead Tricep extensions did not hurt nearly as much as last time, even with the increased weight. I would almost say they were comfortable. Not only that rep counts were higher and I was pushing more than last week, heck I finished my last set of OH extensions with 25 reps. πŸ˜³πŸ˜‹

So YEEP... IT's an all WIN-WIN today.

Oh and almost forgot, but I've been doing some standing plate raises on Banjo's suggestion to finish of the day. πŸ‘

So that's about it... Friday my new gadget arrives, which will be instrumental on Chest days.... And specially DB Bench and Over Head Shoulder presses. So, I'm excited to be bumping my DB Chest press by 10lb for next week, now that I'll have an amazing spotting system in place. I'm just super excited, although using the spotter system correctly might take a bit of practice. 🀞

As for the Burn.... Both Lynn and I forgot to exit exercise mode till about 20 minutes or so after we were done exercise... But regardless It may be another 5000+ calorie day... Oh YEAH. 😳πŸ₯³πŸ˜‹

Tomorrow night we are dinning at a friend's house... Not sure what there serving, but they know were on Keto, and were bringing our own Salad dressing and scales. WISH us Luck.

Have an amazing night guys, and an even better sleep. Unfortunately, I have more dishes to do, and a bed to crawl into. πŸ’€

Love you guys more then you know. πŸ˜‰

j552v1thi09e.png
This discussion has been closed.