Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg

I love the start of a new month, especially September; hopefully humidity in WI is now done
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    My Intro:
    I am an empty nester; my oldest son got married last September; my youngest son lives w/his gf & her family in IL; I live in SE WI home of NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks & Milwaukee Brewers fan and Green Bay Packers; I've been working from home since last March for a bank as we are mostly remote in our division; I am also mom to 3 kitties and just celebrated 31 years of marriage! I'm excited for cooler weather, but winters in WI can be harsh
    I attend barre classes at a studio and workout to YouTube star Bodyfit by Amy-thats it!! Good luck to all!
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Username ashleymullo6195
    Original starting weight 11st 10lb
    Current weight 11st 3lb
    Weigh days sataday

Hey everyone my names Ashley from Liverpool mum of 3 kids and have a parrot and hamster and 2 rabbits and fish lol good luck all on your journeys it's nice to be apart of it all
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    It stayed mostly dry which makes a change for a national holiday weekend! Had a lovely walk down at the beach with the fam, nice bike ride this morning, cooked all weekend to give my SO a break, it was also nice to sit around the table together.

Back to work tomorrow which is good as too much of this fun thing and I might get used to it :wink:

Hope you all had a good one!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 242
    CW 242
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 152.2
    CW: 152.6

I've been holding steady at this weight ever since I got back from Vegas on Sunday; but I am continuing on working out and I joined the 30 day sugar challenge
    New month-new goals!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shrinkers! This will be my second month participating in the challenge. It's so helpful to be in a group like this where I can be accountable. Last week I was struggling a bit and wrote a blog post about it. Here's the link if you think it might be helpful. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/coblujay/view?id=the-weight-loss-grumps-a-twelve-week-update-995464 After figuring out what was going on, I'm back on track and ready for this next round. Even with the frustration I experienced, I'm planning to make this the last time I have to focus on losing weight...maintaining will be its own struggle when the time comes, but I plan to get there.

PW 235
    CW 233.4

Yesterday was swimming and a good walk with my dogs, which added about 700 calories to my bank. I don't usually eat back all the exercise calories, but love having the extra cushion. I also focused on drinking my water and eating early. Hoping for another good month.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Username ashleymullo6195
    Original starting weight 11st 10lb
    Current weight 11st 3lb
    Weigh days sataday

Hey everyone my names Ashley from Liverpool mum of 3 kids and have a parrot and hamster and 2 rabbits and fish lol good luck all on your journeys it's nice to be apart of it all

Hi Ashley! If you don't mind, would you please post your weigh ins in lbs. Our spreadsheet for tracking is designed to lbs as the standard. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Username: richardsamuel403
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 99.3kg
    CW: 98.2kg

Hi guys, had a good week this week; managed to get a lot of exercise in and stayed within my calorie goals (mostly).

Hi Richard,
    If you dont mind, would you please post your weigh ins in lbs. See above... sorry and thank you!!!

• Beka3695
    Options
    Hi Guys,

This post is for the newcomers and a reminder to the veterans...
    Please do not use the INSIGHTFUL button to respond to someone's weigh in. Captains us this button to let the other captain/mods know that the weigh in has been posted to the spreadsheet.

Feel free to use it on regular 'discussion' posts. Also, please be mindful of the "DISAGREE" button. It appears that it was accidentally used several times last month. For example - disagree was hit on a weigh in. It was hurtful to the challenger.

Let's have an awesome month!!!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh Wednesday

KittyInBoots17:

PW: 237.2
    CW 237.2

I am carrying over because I didn't weigh in this week due to some real life things. Sorry, just hoping to stay on track for now.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    coblujay wrote: »
    Hi fellow shrinkers! This will be my second month participating in the challenge. It's so helpful to be in a group like this where I can be accountable. Last week I was struggling a bit and wrote a blog post about it. Here's the link if you think it might be helpful. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/coblujay/view?id=the-weight-loss-grumps-a-twelve-week-update-995464 After figuring out what was going on, I'm back on track and ready for this next round. Even with the frustration I experienced, I'm planning to make this the last time I have to focus on losing weight...maintaining will be its own struggle when the time comes, but I plan to get there.

Yesterday was swimming and a good walk with my dogs, which added about 700 calories to my bank. I don't usually eat back all the exercise calories, but love having the extra cushion. I also focused on drinking my water and eating early. Hoping for another good month.

@coblujay - Thanks for sharing your blog post … and modeling great determination for all of us! I also count on exercise calories each day so I can eat a small snack without feeling deprived when I want a little energy boost in the late afternoon.

Congratulations on your progress on the following:

“-Actually lost weight on my vacation and spent lots of time hiking with loved ones on incredibly beautiful trails in Tennessee
    -Down to size 20 regular in my jeans
    -Took time to really assess where my frustration came from and made a good plan
    -Logged for 88 days on MFP
    -Finished my longest hike for the season - 5.83 miles, elevation gain 919 ft.” (coblujay’s blog)

That’s fantastic! You really reflected on what was working and not working to solve the problem, take action and benefit from the adjustments. Great work!! … and thanks for taking the time to share what you learned so we can all learn with and from you!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thank you @PatriceFitnessPal I'm glad it's helpful. I decided to track my journey on the blog so that I can remember where I've come from when things get a bit discouraging. It's a good reminder that I'm making great progress and I need to celebrate. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your awesome team ... Please welcome @bionicpuffy :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    To Everyone:

When sending out a Friend Request - could you please mention that you are part of the group, that way I don't have to think do I really need another FR.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.