Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @Anniesquats100 - I’m sorry to hear about your broken freezer. It’s a good thing you noticed quickly so you could make sure the contents didn’t spoil!

@Angelic843 and @Be_theBest_Me - Every day is a new opportunity to be the person we are each striving to be. Good for you, putting the past in the past and moving forward with a fresh outlook! We’re all learning more about ourselves and making adjustments along the way. Let’s have a great week!

@chublet25 - Recently, I had to wait a long time for a haircut appointment because my usual stylist moved locations. When I showed up for my appointment, I said: “I’m open to any style, I’m just trying not to look like an old hippy.” The general response was: “What’s wrong with that?.” I guess they’re right that the image of promoting peace and love is not the worst look! ☮️✌🏼💜😘 So, I say embrace the crazy during crazy times! Who knows, it might make your students more comfortable showing up to class when they are not feeling like it … and you can wow them with your new look after the first day energy weans. 🤩 How did you feel about the wardrobe choices you made after gathering suggestions from the MFP crowd? Have a great semester and thank you for the work you do!
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ashleymullo6195
    07/09
    Excersize - yes
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Hope everyone is OK and doing well and keeping on fighting we got this 💪💪
    157lb that's my start I do apologise for posting in stone and lb I'll do it All In pounds from now on I live in the UK lol
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with today's weigh in, too, @TheMrWobbly. I've been doing so well this week!
    Anyway, here's my info:

bionicpuffy
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 163
    CW:162.5

I carnt even loose a pound anymore I've been on the same weight for like 4 weeks it's frustrating, so loosing a pound it's great and don't be so hard on yourself you still doing great
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with today's weigh in, too, @TheMrWobbly. I've been doing so well this week!
    Anyway, here's my info:

bionicpuffy

I carnt even loose a pound anymore I've been on the same weight for like 4 weeks it's frustrating, so loosing a pound it's great and don't be so hard on yourself you still doing great

You are totally right and you've hit on a big stumbling block for me-- wanting to see IMMEDIATE and RAPID results, when the fact of the matter is slow and steady is the way to go.

On a different note, after at least a week of no snacking between meals, I failed spectacularly today and had a bunch of delicious halloween candy. Phooey!

On yet ANOTHER note, does anyone here want to be an accountability buddy? I'd like someone to have a daily check in with via email or MFP message or similar.
  • bionicpuffy
    Options
    labellasu wrote: »
    Labellasu
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 189

Trying to just stop gaining at this point. Stopped eatings sugar 9/1, logging all my food, and have consistently been exercising. Next step is now to start shaving off my daily calories. Ugh. It's a slow slog and really hard to not hate myself with the slow progress (gained around 20lbs in the last six months, now it's gonna take years to get it back off it seems).

You can do it! They say that slow and steady loss produces the best long-term success. I know, I know, I should heed my own advice. It's hard! But worth it.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

@chublet25 - Recently, I had to wait a long time for a haircut appointment because my usual stylist moved locations. When I showed up for my appointment, I said: “I’m open to any style, I’m just trying not to look like an old hippy.” The general response was: “What’s wrong with that?.” I guess they’re right that the image of promoting peace and love is not the worst look! ☮️✌🏼💜😘 So, I say embrace the crazy during crazy times! Who knows, it might make your students more comfortable showing up to class when they are not feeling like it … and you can wow them with your new look after the first day energy weans. 🤩 How did you feel about the wardrobe choices you made after gathering suggestions from the MFP crowd? Have a great semester and thank you for the work you do!

I bought some patterned blouses and am wearing long thin cardigans over them to disguise my spare tire! That's the plan. Screw the shapewear (sounds uncomfortable anyway!) Straight-leg trousers. I always wear Vibram 5-finger toe shoes (they are like gloves for feet) but people don't look at one's feet so I feel like that's weirdness I can get away with. But thanks a lot for your response, I love to embrace the crazy. That's hilarious! My class looks to be populated with good people and I think we'll have a lot of fun (such a relief!)
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The holiday was a challenge. I didn't do great but I didn't over indulge either. Dinner was one baby back rib, 1/2 C green beans, 1/2 C low carb coleslaw (no sugar) and 1 glass of Cabernet Sauvignon for dinner. I really want to end September under 150.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi team!

Hope everyone is well. If it was a 3 days weekend for you, hope you stuck to your plan. I stepped on the scale today and was up 0.6 from Saturday. Not complaining since I have not been completely on plan.

I am gearing up to go visit my grand son next weekend. It has been 4 weeks since I saw him last. Car trouble caused me to cancel a trip 😞. I cannot wait to see him. It has been hard being away from him after spending over a year there!!!

I will be weighing in a couple days early this week. I just don’t want to carry my scales with me!!

I am still having trouble recommitting to my goals. I am doing ok, but not great. I’m sure part of this is being back home and cooking for the hubby again. I guess I’m still in an adjustment period.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Anyway, here's my info:

bionicpuffy

On yet ANOTHER note, does anyone here want to be an accountability buddy? I'd like someone to have a daily check in with via email or MFP message or similar.

This is a great idea!!!! Reach out to eachother! I have about 5 ladies that I txt with almost daily that came from this group! Most have moved on, but great friendships! A couple of them call me on my BS regularly. @Be_theBest_Me identified my Wednesday binge trend snd @KelGen02 will just frankly tell me to get my head out of my @$$.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to be back in October - dealing with some health issues. Seems as soon as one is cleared, something else pops up - maybe it's old age.
    My blood work came back excellent - I was really worried because I thought I was on my way to having diabetes, but somehow my A1C went from 6.1 to 5.8. My goal is to get down to 5 or under.

I am already taking medication for not having a thyroid, do not need to add another medication for something that I can prevent. I was feeling a lot better, then yesterday was not feeling well, turned out it was gas making me feel bad

My blood work showed that I was dehydrated, so now I have a large jug on my kitchen counter filled with water and my goal is to ensure that at the end of the day it's empty - doing fine so far

I would not mind an accountability buddy, but that person MUST do some form of exercise every day because that is my goal

Now that the weather is turning cooler, I started walking and got myself up 4 miles per day. Walking in my therapy - mind, body and soul. It keeps me sane, especially during these difficult times we are going through.

I would prefer MFP message
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that yesterday I was 100% back on plan...

Got my sleep, got my water, got my step goal, and stayed within my caloric limit.

Now today I want to rinse & repeat.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Angela
  • bionicpuffy
    Options
    @coblujay - Congrats on hitting the 220s!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    The downward trend on Sunday was still good just tempered by the fact I weighed less mid-week.

Your body may have got used to your routine @ashleymullo6195 so try changing things up a bit

Great loss @coblujay

Here for you when you need us @socajam and I can't promise to exercise everyday but nearly everyday as I currently cycle/run/walk to and from work depending on the day. Have you got a strava account or a garmin?

Hopefully the long weekend has refreshed our US contingent. Anyone else get a long weekend around the globe?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly no long weekends at least for a while here in Finland - whoever decided when holidays are really messed up imho. We have long weekends and random holidays every few weeks throughout spring when people’s spirits are up anyway, but there are zero long weekends, bank holidays or anything to break the 5-day workweek rhythm between midsummer at the end of June and Independence Day in the beginning of December. Even Independence Day is a set date so it might be on a weekend with no extra time off.

On a personal level - 7 workdays to go, and they’re short. Then I’m off for about a year, ready to focus on just my family and myself.
This discussion has been closed.