WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,312 Member
    All signed up @micki48 ... looking forward to it. I watched the welcome video and she really sells the benefits! Can't wait to check it out.

Today's exercise - 11467 steps

@ashleycarole86 Thats great! The thing I really love about it is you can see results with only 15 minutes. I used to joke that I was born without core muscles. I joined BL about 3 years ago after a free week. The first 8 months I hardly did a workout, but followed her posts, looked at the meal library etc. Then it was quit or do it. I fairly consistently do 3 workouts a week which are 10-20 minutes long. I can honestly say I’m stronger than I’ve been as an adult and I definitely know I have core muscles now!! 💪🏼 Hope you enjoy it!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    PW: 182
    CW: 182.2

Trigger warning: discussions of pet illness and death
    I'm honestly surprised it's not more. But I got some devastating news on Wednesday about one of my cats that led to pizza and then probably dehydration from all the crying.

I'm hoping next week will be better. But it feels selfish of me to try to fit in time to workout when my cat has an uncertain amount of time left. The vet said we either put her down now or wait for a catastrophic event and put her down then.

Anyone have any advice on this?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar
    I'm in California for the weekend and don't have access to a scale. I'll need a pass this weekend. Looking forward to finishing the month strong next weekend. 😀
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,276 Member
    This day sure slipped by in a hurry! It has been fun catching up with you all tonight and seeing all the lovely green on the spreadsheet - good going!

@kellie_erin
    I'm sorry to hear about your cat - it is always hard when one of our wonderful animals is unwell. Take care of yourself as well as you can, though - it is not selfish at all. I hope the transition is calm. :heart:

@happimess01
    I think you are right to take a "maintenance break" if you are too hungry. You have had a long steady loss, so a couple of weeks on hold will certainly not hurt. I'm glad your job is good, and that you are getting the sleep happening. Eat a bit more, and get back to the gym - you'll be feeling great!

@Pearl4686
    Good surprise! As you say, the small changes do the job, even if you are not logging and being super careful. Keep it up!

@DD265
    That all sounds like quite the chaotic time, complete with annoying cyst, upcoming vacation, crazy dad visit, work stress, and all the things. Exercise helps kill stress, don't forget! And logging food, feeling in control - all that good stuff you know already. You have until Monday before your next weigh-in - hang on and don't let it slide too much!

Last day of week 3 coming up - Saturday people here you are!
    @evangsimmons170
    @donnasteel1

There are a lot of gaps on the spreadsheet, though - send in those numbers! I hope everyone is back from various vacations and all, but if you need the week off just let me know. Here are the missing weigh-ins up through today:
    @Terytha
    @lovethyneighbor
    @nat_meister
    @gak71
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs

Thanks!
  • jugar
    @jugar
    I'm in California for the weekend and don't have access to a scale. I'll need a pass this weekend. Looking forward to finishing the month strong next weekend. 😀

No problem!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,258 Member
    @micki48 you look so happy.. thanks for sharing

@kellie_erin no advice but just sorry to hear about your cat.. that's really tough.

Nice loss @conleywoods .. great job

Well we got to the trailer pretty late tonight. Fall is in the air! Going to enjoy the last few moments before we close up for the season.

Today's exercise- 13216 steps
  • jugar
    Happy Saturday!
    Sounds great that you got the Apple Watch thing going this morning @EvMakesChanges - be careful of that shoulder and go for it!

Great job @ellz_runs and @Steph1498 - we're looking a bit greener now :mrgreen:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    @bowens1973 Great job and congrats on making it to onederland ! Lots of hard work paying off for sure.

@ashleycarole86 Another great week for you too! Enjoy your final weeks at the lake.

@micki48 love the pictures and sounds like a great day. I'm all signed up for the Balanced Life challenge and ready to start on Monday.
  • ashleycarole86
    @EvMakesChanges fun on the Apple Watch! Glad to hear some movement away from the shoulder felt good.
  • jugar
    @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973
    You two are just too adorable - with your little doggy! I'm not so sure about the Jays cap, though...

I ran away from home today for a while - well, really I ran away from the garden and the kitchen. I took a 5 mile walk, delivered a huge apple pie to my son (he worries about not being able to GAIN weight, so I'm helping him out!), and then just watched the moon for a while after doing my civic duty by having dinner made out of garden veg, with a few shrimp thrown in. I'm trying to get the garden completely put to bed by the end of Monday. I'll still have too many apples, but at least the veggies will all be packed away in whatever form for the winter. Phew!

This coming week I'd like to have a couple of discussion questions here in our chat. My question is on how to declare a meal over. What helps make it possible to stop and say, "That was enough. I'm done.". I still find that hard sometimes. I'd love to start a discussion on that. What questions do any of you have? About what would you like to hear the team's thoughts? Let me know, and then we can have some of those this week to keep us going.
  • jugar
    Last Call!

Final weigh-ins due by bright and early tomorrow morning:
    @gak71
    @donnasteel1
    @Terytha
    @nat_meister
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Great idea @jugar ... looking forward to lots of good discussion this week!

Today's exercise - 13027

I successfully completed my ladder up challenge goal this week.. phew! Lots of intentional minutes on my feet but it was worth it.
This discussion has been closed.