Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, I want to weigh myself more often - like every morning- so I can keep a closer eye on what's going on weight-wise.

There are lots of opinions about the frequency of weighing. Do whatever is going to work for you. My recommendation, is to understand why you are weighing yourself as often as you decide to and how it benefits you overall.

Personally... I weigh myself three or four times a day. I do it because seeing the regular fluctuations on a daily basis helps me accept the smaller losses or the small gains week over week.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you, @chublet25 🎉🐴 🎉

How exciting! When will Laughing Terror make the move to join you? Do you have to socialize him with your other horses? 🐎🐎🐎

You both look great in the photo and I can see the strong connection. I especially love the expression in his eyes in that moment of interaction!

Enjoy the weekend! 🏇
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Terror looks like a lovely horse.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else have trouble with their ticker, or with their "pounds lost" counter? First the ticker stopped working, and then the pounds lost jumped back to 2 pounds a week or two ago, and this morning it's reading 0 pounds lost! I've messaged them, got back an automated (irrelevant) reply and haven't heard from them since. The reports still work, so it KNOWS how much weight I've lost. But it sure doesn't give me any incentive to actually pay for this program. Or maybe they fix it if you pay for it. Is it just me?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @Nature003Life do you have a chance of purchasing a blood pressure meter or borrowing one for a week or two? It’s fairly common for blood pressure to be significantly higher at a doctor’s office than at home, in Finnish there’s even a word for it that translates something like ”white coat fear”. My maternity clinic freaked out about my BP in the spring - then I got a meter that I started using frequently at home according to their advice and it’s been fine ever since. When I go for an appointment, I simply give them the last reading and they mark that down. I was adviced to measure it once or twice a week, in the morning, after at least 30 minutes of rest without anything stressful or exciting like a tv show.

I don’t know how much meters cost where you live, but I think mine was about 60-80€ and it wasn’t even the cheapest model. A worthy health investment in my eyes.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yay, @PatriceFitnessPal! Can't wait to follow in your footsteps. :)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    General Question: Why in the hell do I keep getting friend requests & show me some R Rated pics of you??
    If I don't know you, I'm not giving access!
This discussion has been closed.