Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I managed to keep the stress eating to a minimum but carbo loaded. Protein? Who needs protein (today, at least)

Late lunch/dinner - nachos
    Snacks - watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple salad; churro tortilla chips; smart sweet gummy bears
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,713 Member
    Options
    I love travelling vicariously, and eating fun things with MFPPs (My Fitness Pal Pals) :)

Glad you shared some PTNV with CCCGG or she may have VOOT on you! :D
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight.....is a dinner date (I think, I'm still not sure if this fine young man is a new friend or a new "friend") !!!!!

Grilled polenta topped with mozzarella and put under the broiler for a few moments, served with a tomato-based chunky veggie sauce and shaved parmigiano reggiano,with a green salad on the side, and wine he is bringing, and follow up with whatever small decadent chocolate treat I find at the chocolatier this afternoon. This lovely man (my age exactly :) ) leans toward a vegetarian diet himself so it will be great fun preparing and sharing a meal with him.

My heart is pitter pattering madly - and that is anxiety, not romance at this point :p

Romance is definitely in the air! Have a wonderful evening!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    So pho tai bo Vien, ms Google was in a corrective mood and no is not the same as bo 😂 (rare shaved meat and meatball pho, I'm sure that some places, including one near my house make a vegetarian version... this wasn't it!😹

Why on earth we would go for Chinese one night and Vietnamese for lunch in Banff boggles my mind... and it was my doing!!🤷🏻‍♂️

For some strange reason cccgg turned her nose up at being fed Beaver tails, no idea why especially after I explained why Canadian boys might giggle at the name😂😹 but nope, she turned them down!☹️

I was "forced" into three chocolate shops and the smart one got herself some dark chocolate almond bark (filling relatively speaking and of a sane size) while the other one left with two substantial pieces of dark chocolate black Forest and dark chocolate Grand Marnier fudge.

Err... I mean one huge piece of fudge as the other one seems to have disappeared somewhere along the drive from Banff to radium hot springs! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Today's heart rate increase is 100% layed on the feet of cccgg who sashayed into the liquor store and procured a Fernie Red ale (very similar to the excellent Richards red) and a medium spicy clamato.... and then went on to the convenience store to get Mrs vicars salt and vinegar chips (crisps) and pretzel goldfish so that we could munch on things while planning a bit for our next few days!

Just saying they the innocent little 🐹 was abused by the evil 🐈‍⬛🐾🐈😻🪝

The adventure continues but we're now in the Purcell mountain range and the Columbia Valley, not the more magestic Rockies

Added pics by CCCGG!😻
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,713 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics, PAV. The landscape is just mind-boggling. And you two are heart-melting <3
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I should probably post this with my “eat drywall” comment but this… is pure evil and genius at the same time. I went to the food truck intending to make good decisions till the “good decision” portion of my brain melted down… cheeseburger on fry bread 🤤. …food coma incoming but I’ll be fat and happy!

w89046mbd8so.jpeg

This is the kind of food that brings pure joy. I don’t even know where to start to log it — I need a new plan for dinner now.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Food like this brings me joy until about ten minutes after I eat it and then the guilt,shame and disgust in myself sets in!….while it’s going down it is great…instant gratification….but tomorrow is a new day!..l.be strong….
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sorry if I offended. Not my intention.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Never offended….sorry if I offended you!….I just can’t eat food that I probably shouldn’t without the guilt afterwards….it is my problem and no one else’s….my greatest joy in life has always been feeding people I love wonderful tasting food….be happy you can enjoy your wonderful treat…once again, sorry I came across as snippy!…..I am an old bull frog lol
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    No need to apologize. Definitely not offended - if anything I’m sensitive (maybe overly) to how food impacts everyone differently and reading about instant gratification and then the aftermath was all too relatable.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishments! I empathize with the struggles but know mine are different.

I have terrible anxiety and OCD. I got through losing my first 65 lbs by letting both of those things rule me and setting “food rules”. Some very real (from creating inflammation to exasperating the anxiety — triggering the OCD), and some because they were the “healthier” option. Once COVID happened, though, I let it all go because I stress ate and the rules weren’t sustainable if my world wasn’t stable.

Now, I’m trying to balance the “food rules” into something more sustainable. I can honestly say any guilt from eating the burger today is not about calories or a gain on the scale — I haven’t lost even 2lbs total in the past 3 months although in a deficit — but about the fry bread I washed down with a Diet Pepsi that’s going to add to existing pain later today or tomorrow.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishments! I empathize with the struggles but know mine are different.

I have terrible anxiety and OCD. I got through losing my first 65 lbs by letting both of those things rule me and setting “food rules”. Some very real (from creating inflammation to exasperating the anxiety — triggering the OCD), and some because they were the “healthier” option. Once COVID happened, though, I let it all go because I stress ate and the rules weren’t sustainable if my world wasn’t stable.

Now, I’m trying to balance the “food rules” into something more sustainable. I can honestly say any guilt from eating the burger today is not about calories or a gain on the scale — I haven’t lost even 2lbs total in the past 3 months although in a deficit — but about the fry bread I washed down with a Diet Pepsi that’s going to add to existing pain later today or tomorrow.

I have a lot of food that I can't eat without Very Bad Things happening, so I get where you're coming from I saw that and thought.... That doesn't look tasty enough for the flare that I will get after I eat it. (hugs)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    I normally would have gone for the option without consequences but actually hitting “hangry” definitely threw the ability to reason out the window. I’ve only experienced true hangry a few times but today… yowch! Exhausted, irritated, emotionally driven. Not sure what caused the glucose drop. I’ve been doing some reading and possibly a reaction (for lack of a better word) to stress, pain, lack of sleep. I knew I was challenged when I got out of bed feeling poorly. Didn’t see frybread in my future but it is definitely high on my list of comfort foods. I went to the food truck for salmon because I was craving protein. Bodies are …difficult 😊
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    That they are!

I am down three pounds overnight (Love the TOM weirdness!) and feel much more like myself. So today is the usual English muffin with vanilla cinnamon sugar sprinkle and butter, and then lunch will be a leftover hamburger, and dinner tonight will be chicken gyros on pitas with feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, and lettuce and onions.

Currently I'm working on making Mexican rice, but that's going into portion size packages and into the freezer for later. It's so convenient to have like that that it's worth the fuss of premaking it.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Fitbit says I've had my best sleep in ages (92!). Had you asked I would have said I slept poorly and too little!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Surprisingly tasty sushi yesterday in Nelson, BC, of all places. For unknown reasons was destined to order the "love" combo❣️😹 thankfully it was good--not as good as some of the sushi places in Vancouver, but well above acceptable!

New habit post covid on the tipping suggestions of the various point of sale machines. One pizza place offered 18%, 20%, 22% and I'm a *kitten* (other) option. The sushi place defaulted to 20%, and offered 25% as the second and 18% as the third option, before the I'm a kitten fourth choice. No, I did not tip 25% and I almost considered the I'm a kitten option because of its presence! Please note that this is on the bill total including taxes and liquor taxes.

Chinese place in Banff offered a more traditional 15%, 12%, 18%, again defaulting to 15% which used to be normal in Canada; but apparently will soon no longer be🤷🏻‍♂️

Breakfast... I got a nice chocolate milk in the fridge!!!!! Oyyyyyyy!

Heading towards the Okanagan wine country starting from Castlegar, BC... Though I am going to put in a couple of hours of work in before we get kicked out of the room!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Sunday Roast with all the trimmings on a Saturday…tearing up the rule book here😂🤣🤣
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Small ribeyes, air fryer fries, and huge salad….that’s it folks!
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I normally would have gone for the option without consequences but actually hitting “hangry” definitely threw the ability to reason out the window. I’ve only experienced true hangry a few times but today… yowch! Exhausted, irritated, emotionally driven. Not sure what caused the glucose drop. I’ve been doing some reading and possibly a reaction (for lack of a better word) to stress, pain, lack of sleep. I knew I was challenged when I got out of bed feeling poorly. Didn’t see frybread in my future but it is definitely high on my list of comfort foods. I went to the food truck for salmon because I was craving protein. Bodies are …difficult 😊

Sorry to hear that you were having a tough "hangry" time. Hope today went better for you. I've never had frybread, but it looks amazing...I shouldn't try it LOL Salmon sounds really yummy...