Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,491 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I too have been saddened with discrimination. My family raised all their children including me to accept all cultures, it didn't matter what color of skin one had. I had friend's from all cultures. As a teen because I was raised in a home that was loving towards all I was never exposed to discrimination until I got a big shock of my life when I went to live in the Southern part of the United States for a year. I grew up visiting Aunts and Uncles all thru my childhood and early teens visiting family in Buffalo New York Toledo Ohio and in Florida and never saw that kind of treatment, I now know my family protected me from seeing that kind of treatment. I had family who were born in Canada who as young adults moved to the USA for University, Work who held dual citizenship papers of both countries and lived, worked and married in many parts of the United States. At age 16 I went to live in Florida and Louisiana. It was there that I saw much discrimination, so sad, I never knew that people could be so hateful and hurt people just because of their skin color! So sad 🙁

Linda, you asked about the word "kitten" in relation to the floods we were anticipating. I was having issues with my iPhone inserting words that had no relation to the subject.....

Hope you all have a great week ahead.. 😊

pjjtn38p4wv9.jpg

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,621 Member
    Options
    Healthy, yes, discrimination is real and horrible. It's unbelievable what some people go through. 😕

1crazydog today the plants got a good downpour! Thank you for prayyfor Colin's eye. He likes his new glasses bit has to accept vision loss in one eye. He can see some with it though.

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,771 Member
    Options
    Judith - I also have had problems with my computer inserting words I did not say or in the wrong area. Today I was writing a recipe and not looking at the screen because I was looking at the recipe. When I finished, I discovered that several sentences that were supposed to be at the bottom of the recipe was inserted in the middle of it. It is a good thing that I read it before I saved it. I only had to cut and paste to correct it but it was strange.

Another beautiful day today. The tree in our backyard I told some of you on Spark several months ago that was dying, is now growing well and has kept it's leaves on. Last year it lost all of it's leaves by the end of September. It is such a nice shade tree I am so glad the medicine and trimming that they did has helped. It had some kind of beetle that was killing the branches gradually.

It is always good to hear from all of you and share your adventures.
  • 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Monday: Jason has a 3 hr. Zoom meeting today then PT so he’ll be a busy boy!

Cool continues, b ut sunshine. Beautiful!

Wrapping up outside work.

Have a good Monday.

HUGS
    Barb

Healthy: I grew up in a diverse community, but still have lots to learn about how to support those w/racial or ability differences. Glad you had a good discussion about it in your church community.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Susan, so happy Colin enjoys his new glasses, and is doing well in spite of some loss of vision, I rejoice with you both that he has some sight in that eye and his good eye remains good, Praise God!

Linda, so glad you caught the problem with your recipe and didn't have to type out the whole recipe again. I remember you telling us about the tree, so happy it is now doing so well, great news...👍

Barb, yes I agree with you, sounds like Jason was busy with having a 3 hour session with PT via Zoom, great he can have these sessions using Zoom... 😊 I join you in wrapping up the outside work, my friend took down hanging baskets as with all the rain were too heavy to take down, now this week I will do a little each day, weather permitting and next weekend my daughter will put outdoor furniture away for the winter....

Have a great evening, see you all tomorrow....Blessings my friend's...Keep up the Great Work! 👏👍
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Tuesday: Survived yesterday’s busy-ness. PHEW.

Today . . . just house chores. That’s fine by me!

The weather has been gorgeous. And it’s supposed to be a repeat today. I’ll take it.

Here’s to a terrific Tuesday!

Hugs

Judith: So nice you had your friend to help w/the hanging baskets. HOPE you're feeling better each day. Prayers and hugs

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    We are back doing apples today. Our daughter said she was coming over and I warned her that if she comes she may be put to work helping us.

We are leaving Thursday to go to a marriage retreat that goes through the week-end. Tomorrow and Friday are pre-meetings and the actual retreat starts Saturday morning. I will be having my last major leg procedure tomorrow so I hope going to the retreat is not going to hurt anything. I am not supposed to sit for more than 1 hour and the venue is 3 hours away so we will need to stop every hour so I an walk to prevent clots and to keep the circulation going. It is in the mountains so it should be beautiful scenery. Some of the ski runs are already open with the early snow that we had.

Praying for a good appointment Judith!
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you Barb, so happy to have my friends and daughter help with outdoor work, I do a little but not as much as I once could do....happy you had nice weather...

Linda, will be praying for your last leg procedure that it will be successful and for your safety while driving to the retreat, have a wonderful time there, enjoy the scenery.. Thank you for your prayers, will keep you posted and let you know how tomorrow goes!

God Bless your evening and rest of your week everyone... 😊❤️🤗
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Praying for you all. Thank you for praying for Colin and I. I am still not well but Dr is helping do maybe I will turn a good corner soon (it's asthma and bronchitis).

Virtual hugs and real prayers for you all.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Wednesday: 3rd day of beautiful weather, but . . . not going to last. So, will enjoy it today.

Wow, it is astounding how quickly this week is passing. But have to make the best of each day.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday.

Hugs

Healthy: Good luck w/the apples! Sounds like a lot of work! Hope your leg appointment goes well. Take good care!

Wishing you well on your retreat and have a good weekend there.

Judith: Hope it’s a good Wednesday for you! HUGS and prayers.
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    I had my final vein procedure today. It went well and the doctor said I did excellent. I don't feel like I "did" much except not yell when he was numbing it which was the worst part of it.
    The marrige retreat 2 hours away tomorrow for a few days. I will need to keep exercising my leg to keep the circulation going and not sit for long periods. I have two more "touch up" procedures next month but it should be pretty easy. It is to finish some veins that were too little to use the lazer on. It is so amazing what changes there are in the medical field since I started as a nurse many years ago!

Susan, I hope you feel better soon. My husband is still having a scratchy sounding voice and some shortness or breath from the covid we had last month. I pray both you and he will recover quickly.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Susan, thank you for your prayers, so sorry you are having issues with asthma and bronchitis, thats tough, praying you soon feel better...

Barb, thank you or sharing and thinking of me at my appointment yesterday, sharing an update later along with a prayer request.

Linda, so happy the vein procedure went well, praying for a speedy recovery, also praying the symptoms from COVID that you both are having with scratchy throats and shortness of breath will turn around and see you completely recovered and healed from them, hope you both have a great time away at your retreat, look forward to hear all about it when you are back, safe travels, stay safe and well.

Blessings on your day...❤️🙏🤗

h228evq2rufy.jpg
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Judith: Prayers continue!

Linda: Glad that you had the last vein procedure. And the Dr. feels you did well! That’s a compliment!

Great that you will get to go to your marriage retreat. Sounds wonderful.

It takes a long time for the respiratory affects of Covid to go away. Prayers for healing for your DH!

Susan: Prayers for healing for you and your DH, as well.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,498 Member
    Options
    kasoixwumc8k.jpeg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We had a safe trip to the marriage retreat area. We had meetings today as a pre-retreat function. My leg incisions started bleeding again last night so I have to leave my dressings on for another 24 hours. I hope when I take a shower tomorrow and remove the dressings things have healed enough to not bleed.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Linda, I hope your leg soon heals too. Glad you got to the retreat alright. May your DH be fully recovered soon too

Judith and 1crazydog thank you for praying. Praying for you both too.

Still pretty ordinary and spending lots of time just resting.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,498 Member
    Options
    bwsqn0tagad5.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We have had good sessions today at the retreat. The main topic was Grace in Your Marriage. I have notes I need to review and apply to our marriage.
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers..Linda sounds like a wonderful retreat. Hope your leg is doing better today? Have a Blessed Weekend ahead..

f7weg76eb58b.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    We made it back to the city safely. The weather was beautiful for traveling - not too hot or cold. We ate with some friends we have known for many years on our way home. It was so fun to just laugh and enjoy each other's company.