Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I made a new recipe today but didn’t track it. It wasn’t fantastic and I didn’t want to go to the trouble of adding a new recipe that I will never make again. We harvested a lot of potatoes from our garden so I am trying new potato recipes a couple of times a week until we use them up.

Happy for the weekend coming so quickly. We will have a quiet night and then I hope we can get to a few finishing touches on some of the renovations that are not quite done on Saturday.

It seems like no news is good news when it comes to medical test results, Paula. I always hold by breathe for a bit and then figure all must be fine.
  • atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Paula…yes, I have been seeing same info that JJ for first vaccine and recommending those people do Moderna or Pfizer for booster. I feel like it’s because of the variants etc. I know in Europe and Canada they have mixed various companies vaccines quite often….that may be where they are studying how that worked? Confusing for all of us…but as both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more readily available now and easier to get at local pharmacies etc…perhaps ask your doctors advice and get something different as a booster if your doctor thinks it wise. Very hard to rely on what the media tells us as. Good luck on your test results and in choosing a booster.👍😍 It’s obvious (to me) with so many people getting breakthrough cases of Covid that a booster was a good idea and I am happy my DH and I were so easily able to schedule appointments on line to get ours.

Shari…I hear what you are saying about tracking new recipes…sometimes if you know you won’t make it again is not worth the calculations…when I do that I pretty much can figure out a rough amount based on another similar recipe I tracked previous….doesn’t happen often for me as my DH does not like change in foods. 🙃 We eat same old things over and over. So tracking is easy for me especially on Lose It as it has simply everything, lol. So nice you are able to be so active with projects…I miss those days. Now when I do projects (and DH, too)….we suffer physical setbacks…old injuries act up, new aches and pains etc. Go for it as long as you are able and enjoy the wonderful feeling of accomplishment!! Great for weight control too😋

Last two days spent time at dentist. Routine cleaning and checkup led to crown yesterday. With hours sitting in dental chair, both days I purposely did not take my once daily morning diuretic and so my weight bounced up again. This morning, I am still up .6. Lbs but was able to take normal meds so hoping to be back to my normal system weight in a day or two. I am still happy with 7 lbs down since 9/3/21 start date. Keeping a positive attitude. DH was down a couple lbs now too…then hrs later he is back on scale and not happy…of course once you eat and drink later in day it goes up. He doesn’t get that you only weigh same time, once daily before you eat or drink, duh! (Having never needed to really “diet” his whole life is no surprise he is so impatient). Only fat on his entire body is in his tummy area…he walks 4-6 miles almost everyday, is 6’2” tall, lanky, still has muscle tone, and still makes my heart skip a beat at 76! I think he looks awesome!👍❤️
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I had much to catch up on with our communications and am glad you are all doing well!! I've been tracking my food and exercise but have run out of time in the evenings, which is when I usually check in with you all. My weight has been up and down within the same range. I'm just not getting the exercise that I was getting throughout the initial pandemic-one of my zoom instructors has gone back to mostly in person classes and I'm not ready for that yet.
    This week has been a tad frustrating-I've had the same two items on my "to do" list all week and whenever I plan to get to them, something else comes up like a phone call or a more pressing chore....maybe tonight!! Have a great evening and weekend!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I was off the rails yesterday! We had dinner out with some new friends. We don't have a lot of friends (as far as couples go), so this is wonderful. I am sure the sodium levels were high along with the calories. We ate Thai food. I am back on track today and won't eat until after 11 or longer if I don't feel hungry. I ate later into the evening last night too so I may not get hungry too soon.

I myself had mixed vaccines. One AstraZeneca and now two Pfizers. I have not caught Covid, and was only covered by the mixed for quite awhile. I was upset at the time, but now I feel quite the opposite. I feel like we could book to travel now, we just need to figure what to do with our dog now that our son has moved to Vancouver. Moe is half his dog, so he was always happy to stay at our place to look after him. The other two boys find it very difficult to stay at our place with their jobs. I am sure we can figure something out when we are really ready.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Shari, Thai is my favorite. I wanted Thai on my 30th birthday, but for various reasons that didn’t happen. However I have had Thai on my 40th, 50th, and 60th birthdays and of course a number of times in between. Nice that you and DH are enjoying new friends. We all need reliable social interactions these days I think.

DW, I relate so well to dealing with the “to do” list items! I had nothing on my list today (typical for me on Sundays), but I didn’t even get through the few items on my lists from Friday and Saturday. Glad to have a fresh start for my list tomorrow.

It has been a busy few days for me, mostly because I am involved unofficially in a project of sorts for my church. Even though I still do not attend in person, I have been called on to provide some support and consultation on this project and not necessarily something I am fond of. I am doing what I can and am not pleased with the direction of some/most of this project. I think (hope) that after today my services will not be needed. It is stressing me out a bit as I feel my minority opinions are not appreciated by those who seek them. I don't just say "yes" if I think that is not the right answer. I am offering my ideas/opinions with kindness, concern, and respect, but I think in the future, I won’t be asked much. As for food, I am doing ok, not as compliant as some days but not horrible either.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    DW…I have been avoiding a couple to do list items myself, lol! Somehow I just keep not getting to them…but I will one of these days soon!🤪. As to weight…I hear you about up/down in a small range. Have been that way for about a week now but seems longer especially when, like today, I am up that pound! Just keep doing our best that’s all we can do!🙃

Paula, sorry your efforts to help your church are not being fully appreciated…some times we get roped into helping or volunteering our time (only to find it’s not working out)! One committee I was on….I finally stepped down and quit after 7 years! It seemed my hours of work and efforts had started being just “accepted as due to the group” and taken for granted. I started to feel like that old commercial give it to Mickey, he’ll eat anything, lol! Sometimes you need to listen to your inner voice and take some time for yourself.

Shari…we all go off the rails now and then…sure you will soon be right back on the tracks!! I am continuing to be very true to the IF fasting but am plateauing on weight (with slight bounce up/down). It’s much harder to stay on those “rails” when weight loss is stalling! I had hoped I had found a diet plan that would just keep chugging along in slow downward weight path but guess nothing is that simple, sigh!💪👍😎

• Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, I think the bulk of my work for the church project is complete. Whew! But I anticipate some related issues will continue to resurface from time to time. I had a visit today from someone from church who is also involved in this project (and who holds opinions quite different than mine). This visit was planned in advance and was not in reaction to my current work. I was going to avoid the subject with her, but she brought it up, and I expressed my rationale and beliefs. She was very polite, sincere, and kind in trying to convince me to change my opinion. She provided me with some information I didn't have and which I really appreciated. I understand where she and some others are coming from, and she had some good points. But she hasn't convinced me to change my mind. It's tough because I care so much, and yet I want to be much less involved at the moment.

I had a very good food day today. I am well within my calorie limit and am very satisfied. I can't believe how much better I feel without eating after my evening meal. I think my sleep is much improved too. I made salsa chicken, so easy and tasty. Will do something different with chicken tomorrow I think, but will come up with something else for DS tomorrow.

• DW2022
    Options
    Hello! I am happy to report that I finally completed 1 2/3 of the lingering "to do" items! A trip to a store tomorrow should help me get what I need to complete the final piece!
    I hadn't been to an actual church service since 3/15/20, and had been in the building briefly twice since then, but Saturday I went there to a celebration of life service for a long time member who passed quite a while ago (during Covid restrictions but not from Covid). Masks were required and I didn't stay for the meal. It felt so good to be there-I didn't realize how much I missed it! I may try to go back in December if I've had my booster. I picked December because I'm busy many weekends in November and don't want to return if I can't get there somewhat regularly.
    Shari, that is so awesome that you can see friends! We don't have a lot of couple friends either but will get to see the few we have at our dog gathering in two weeks. I have friends that I saw before covid but haven't restarted those connections yet. I do see my local dog friends at classes but my husband isn't involved with that.
    Paula, I hope and pray that your church situation will work out and that you will have peace about the situation! Diane, hang in there with the eating plan! I think every path to health has plateaus and your's has been working so well!!
    My eating has been fine during the day but I've been eating almonds at night and need to get back to IF! Have a great Tuesday!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    It's hard to be on committees when you are in the minority. I have found that my passion does not keep up anymore and I don't bother to put up a fight. I think our experience is very valuable, but I am finding it's easier to walk away and watch. I have found that I am often right, but the current generation would rather find out the hard way. Their ideas are not always new- just recycled.

We pushed quite hard on our ensuite this past weekend and we have one final touch. That is a hand towel ring- its on order from Amazon. It was really difficult installing the light fixture as the wiring is quite old. In the end DH got it figured out and now we have light. The room looks great even though it is very small. Our next indoor project will be the eating nook. We put in new doors and windows, but now we need to put the trim on.

I am up in weight and it's quite frustrating. It seems like it gets harder and harder to drop the same pounds (or new ones) each time I get back on track. I had a good day yesterday. Hope to do well again today. I don't want to give up and have to throw out clothes that are too tight. I really want to do this.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Such a good feeling to be able to cross off items on the “to do” list. And I am sure it had to feel good for you to be physically back at your church. Masks are not required at my church, and from what I see on the live stream of services, not many people wear masks. I realize that I won’t be going back any time soon due to the pandemic as well as due to my mobility issues.

Shari, Congrats on the progress with your ensuite! You continue to amaze me. I so relate to what you said about your passion not keeping up anymore. Actually, I commented to some friends recently that I feel very deflated over the way some things are going at church related to the specific issue I am working on. I have made my ideas/concerns known and will accept whatever course is decided on. It is bad enough that I don’t agree with the planned course, but it even worse because I feel the approach to achieving this course was horribly mishandled. Ugh! ‘Nuff said I guess.

Today was not a good day for me with food and with energy. I felt a lot of fatigue all day, and my eating was way off course. I exceeded my calorie and carb limit for sure and am annoyed at myself for this happening. Back to good days tomorrow, I hope. DS and I have dentist appointments tomorrow, our first visit since the pandemic closed everything. It will probably take forever to have our teeth cleaned!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Paula- I feel like the approach to make decisions and make change has really taken a turn and not in a good way. It happens at my church too. I am not sure what leadership style is being taught, but I don't care for it. I hope your dental visit goes well. When I went the first time, I had the same feelings as you, that it would take so more work to get things cleaned. But, it wasn't so bad at all. I hope your experience is the same.

I have had two good eating days. Today I have two meals that will be eaten out with two different staff members. I hope it's not a big set back! After today, I don't have any meals out until next Wednesday.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Paula…I just had a dental cleaning followed by a crown and then this week another crown. The dental office has air purifying going on in each treatment room, everyone had on masks but me and I had to wear one anything not in treatment room. It was ultra clean atmosphere. They have had no Covid work related cases. I felt very safe. I hope you and John will feel that way also! Good luck and hope you are cavity free!😍

Weight way down yesterday (whole 2 lbs) and back up again today. At least it was bounced down to new low number so if I am maybe bouncing my way to real weight loss, so be it! One day at a time. Is hard sometimes not eating at night and sometimes I want early morning treat with my coffee but so far manageable and I am staying strong to the IF routine. Had a sweet treat yesterday with my tea but not crazy and I doubt it has anything to do with the weight bouncing.

I tend to think small up/down scale number has a lot to do with my “system”…what I drink and eat and how it processes through my body. Some days you just go to bathroom more often and next day weight might be down a little. Yesterday I was sitting a couple hours getting my crown and then sitting more rest of day and evening, too. I was worn out and did not do normal cleaning and chores. Went to bed early….just not a normal day. Hoping tomorrow I will be back down that lb. 🤪. Hang in there everyone, stay strong!💪
  • DW2022
    Options
    HI Everybody! Paula, I hope your dental visit went well!! Shari, how exciting that your bathroom is almost completed!! Diane, I like the thought of bouncing to real weight loss!! It is never a straight line! My weight has gone up the past two days. I've not been sticking to plan and had some canned soup with all of it's sodium. Yesterday I planned that I would go for my fasting bloodwork today because I didn't have dog classes or exercise classes today. Then late last night, it slipped my mind and I had a late night snack. I ended up going to the lab at noon today to be able to accomplish the fasting prior to the tests. Many results were already back late this afternoon. The good news was that some things that were elevated 6 months ago are now within normal limits. The bad news is that there are still a couple of areas that I will need to discuss with the Dr in November. At least it's done! I'm going to do better with my eating over the next couple of days leading into our big dog gathering weekend! JHave a great evening!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, daily fluctuations in weight seem pretty normal to me and do seem to have a lot to do with our “system” as you point out. As you have also observed, it is the general trend that matters, and in your case the trend is clearly downward. I don’t weigh as often as you or most others I guess, so I see fewer fluctuations and happily (so far) my trend is downward too.

Shari, your comments about church leadership made me feel like you were right here at my church! A few other friends of mine have also noticed a change (not for the better) in leadership practices which seem to be happening not only at my church but at other churches as well. I am pleased and relieved that my involvement in this “project” has ended as far as I can tell. As situations arise, I will probably still continue to provide my insights/opinions especially related to the most recent matter, if necessary, but for the most part I will be more low key and less involved.

I had an excellent day today. All went well with the dental appointments, and both John and I felt very comfortable with all of the protective practices. Each room in the dental office had hepa air purifiers, and each patient room was sanitized by some kind of noisy machine after one patient left and before the next patient entered. No cavities, and John and I are good for another 6 months. The dentist also talked about all the precautions they are taking and told us he was even on a local TV show last month to discuss this. I am going to look online for this episode of the show. My eating is also completely back on track today. Healthy eating and no excessive fatigue…..that equals a good day for me! I even accomplished some “to do” items as well!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had a very long day yesterday. I just tracked my food from yesterday and I ate twice the calories- that was from eating out at two meals. I knew it would be bad, but not that bad. It's no wonder I gain weight on vacation! It was a good wake up call and now I know that I need to off-set those calories over the next few days.

Good to read all of your posts! I slept later to be better rested so I am off to my desk. You are all in my thoughts.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Made it to Friday!
    I had some success with restricting my calories yesterday. I didn't even feel hungry so it was easy. I will do the same thing today and tomorrow and hopefully I will be back to where I started and then keep going.

I am going in to work today. I am part of an interview at 4pm. I wish it wasn't so late on a Friday afternoon. I am usually off at 4, but since we are hiring for someone I will be working for, it's good for me to be there.

I have chicken of some kind on the menu for dinner. Hope everyone is well.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, doesn't it amaze sometimes when it is so easy to stay compliant because we aren't hungry and then....there are those other days! Good that you are involved in the interview process at work. I am sure you have excellent insights and can offer a great deal to the process.

I had 2 good days (yesterday and today...so far). My energy has been back to normal (for me), and I am very pleased about that. The church issue is much quieter but still of great concern to me. I am very much looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I checked online again today for a dog to adopt. I check sometimes everyday or every other day. No dog for us yet, but I am not giving up hope.

Here's to a great weekend friends!!!
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I had quite the blessed day today! I was able to find the Moderna booster online and schedule appointments for my husband and me for this evening and we got the booster! I've been hoping that the approval process for Moderna would be completed and that we could get our boosters before our national dog event next week and it worked out! I am ridiculously happy about it! I also was able to pick up some art prints that we ordered and needed for the dog event. The order was delayed for some unknown reason and I'd called the company the past three days. Finally I said that we had a deadline and the next thing, we received a call that they were completed! Eating went well today until I treated myself to popcorn to celebrate my vaccine. Shari, I hope the interview process went well and hope that you are now able to enjoy your weekend!! Paula, did I mention that we are now looking for a new pastor at my church? Sadly most of the previous Pastor's time was during Covid and I felt like I didn't get to know him. I'm definitely going back in December and will try to get more involved. I used to be very active in church until Covid. Diane, I hope you are doing well!! I think I mentioned that my husband and I went to evaluate a dog a couple of weeks ago to see how it's temperament was to possibly be rehomed through our breeds rescue. We gave our report to the rescue group and I saw online today that a new home had been found and it sounded like the perfect situation! I love a happy ending (or beginning!). Things have been very busy here getting ready for the dog event. We leave on Tuesday and I'm getting excited! Have a great weekend!!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    My DH’s sister has had a stroke. She has weakness on left side. It could have been worse but was promptly treated so is considered mild. (We have also been experiencing some other family illnesses and stressful situations which I have not shared and will just hope for the best outcomes). Prayers would be greatly appreciated especially for Peggy. She was at airport out in Philly when it happened so is at a medical center in Arlington, far from her home in MN. When she is released from rehab she will not be able to fly so DH is planning on flying out and driving her back home…but we will have to take it all one day at a time.🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Great news about the booster shots for you and your DH. Such fortunate timing!! Good luck as you get a new pastor. Our current priest assumed his position in August 2020, though his predecessor remains at the parish as well, just not employed by the parish per se. He is now employed by as a media specialist of sorts for a ministry affiliated with our national church. It worked out very well for him because he did not want to move his wife and family from our church and from the town where it is located. I have had a number of contacts with the new priest but it is not the same as being there in person of course. He has been to our home twice in the l5 or so months and we have spoken on the phone a few times, mostly because I wrote a note or expressed some concerns in one way or another.

Diane, John and I will add Peggy to our daily prayer lists. Having a medical incident is scary to begin with, yet alone to have it occur so far away from home.

I did ok today. No problem with the IF. My calories are at the upper end of my range, but not over it, so I am not too concerned. It could have been a bit of a lazy day, but I managed to accomplish a few things anyway, which always makes me happy. I also ordered some Christmas presents online today….getting a little nervous about the potential for shortages/delays as we get closer to Christmas. DS usually has few, if any, Christmas requests, but I remembered something he mentioned a while bag and was able to find it on Target.com, so I ordered that for him and a game for his 4 year old Godson. By ordering the game, my bill was high enough ($35) to get free shipping. Woo Hoo! So when I have at least that one gift for DS I will be happy. I did notice however that quite a few of the items on the Target website were listed as “preorder” or “available soon,” which reinforced my notion to order a few things here and there when I can.