Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your prayers and John’s, Paula! We spoke with Peggy today and her spirits were good…she has a positive outlook which will help recovery. Perhaps being so far from home she has had to just “let go” of stress (like what is her little dog going to do without her)? Dog care is covered well but normally she would be fretting about the dog and not getting home etc…but, when choices are taken away, I guess we just cope! She will need to rely on my DH to eventually drive her 1500+ miles home and settled with her doggie again.

Paula…how nice you were able to start your Christmas shopping and had success. So many items are gone from shelves and it’s disheartening to see stores look so partly empty.

DW..happy you could get your booster! I am already mentally prepared to get another booster in six months. It would be wonderful if it eventually becomes unnecessary but I am not counting on it. I think Shari has had hers also. Paula, I hope you and John are able to do your boosters soon too.

Wishing everyone a beautiful weekend!😎
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Diane, I am so sorry to hear about your sister having a stroke, and so far from home. I am hoping she has a support system in Philly! I am praying for her and her husband. Our uncle Jim passed away yesterday. He had a heart attack at age 94. He was an amazing man and we couldn't have wished a better life for him. He was ready to go.

The interview on Friday went well. He applied for two positions, and he will be offered the one that isn't working with myself. I ended up being at work until 6pm. I had a chat with an executive about my role. I guess I am unique and there have been discussions as to what to do with me. All but 2 admins report to an admin manager. I won't do that. They have allowed me to keep my supervisor, but if they want me gone, they know how to do it. They seem equally worried about upsetting me and having me leave. I think we are on good terms and can carry on. I would like to reduce my hours and give up some roles. That would be in preparation for retirement. I don't like being the topic of discussion and try to hide under the radar.

I have heard about shortages for Christmas shoppers. I think I will be okay with that. Our boys have everything they need so if we can't find things to buy them, I will cook and/or bake for them. I would like to start picking up things for stocking stuffers. I will carry that tradition on until they get married, although rather than adding stockings for any new family members, I can alway do couple or family stockings. It is time to get started on shopping.

Yesterday we sanded and painted our kitchen ceiling. I am so happy with the way it turned out. We had a sunshine ceiling which I couldn't stand. But we have been without a light fixture since April. We were going to put in pot lights, but now I think I want just one fixture. It will be much less work. When DH gets up, we can figure it out.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Shari…so productive as usual! Ceilings are tough to work on….hard on necks and backs, lol! So glad you are happy with results! 👍😎 Thanks for your prayers for my hubby’s sister (she is his older sister, lives alone with her doggie, as she never married). She continues to be optimistic and will likely go to rehab in Philly soon. And, yes, in her younger days she lived and worked in DC so has several friends in that area. 🙏🏻

We like to do home projects too! We have enjoyed our outdoor patio so much more this fall with our shade we installed….so much, we decided to add another shade at a different spot on the patio…where we have a couple chaise lounges which will be wonderful to lounge and read etc on some mornings, especially when we have guests living with us. We have to go through our association for approval and I have that application ready to turn in tomorrow. I hope they approve it as easily and quickly as last fall for our first shade. We were extremely lucky to find the identical shade hidden behind all the new colors at Home Depot yesterday! (We learned our color is discontinued) 😀 👍
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello! Shari, I'm so sorry for your loss! Diane, I will be praying for your sister in law! Such a difficult situation but I'm sure that her positive attitude is making all the difference! Paula, what a great idea to start your Christmas shopping early!! We went to Columbus today to work on preparations for the dog event and when we got home we discovered that our furnace isn't working (it seemed fine yesterday). Normally that wouldn't be a big deal since it isn't terribly cold out but with us trying to leave on Tuesday and having lots of extra things to do, it seems very big! DH will call the repair company tomorrow and hope that they can come out for a quick fix tomorrow. I have a couple of errands to run and a nail appointment tomorrow, then ironing and packing for myself and packing for the dogs. Thankfully DH takes care of himself. Eating today wasn't too bad but I will head to bed now before I have another snack! Have a good evening!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Diane- I love being able to sit outdoors and with being able to extend your time outside sounds great. We in process of getting ready for winter by putting everything away until next year. I am not a fan of winter.

DW- I hope your furnace can get fixed quickly and cheaply.

I am going to need to buckle down with my eating. I have not been able to move the scale and I need to meet my next goal by Nov 6. I know I can do this if I stick to the plan. So it's water, calories, sleep, exercise and a good mindset.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Diane, Your opportunities with your patio and new shade sound delightful to me! Like Shari, I am not a fan of winter at all and would love the opportunity to enjoy weather such as yours. We used our patio more over the past 2 years due to Covid and keeping guests outside more, especially prior to getting the vaccines. Will you be going along for the ride when your DH drives Peggy home?? He certainly is a good brother!

Shari, So sorry about your uncle Jim. May his memory be eternal! Will add his name to my prayer list for the departed. Our practice is to pray for the departed for 40 days after their passing.

Oh DW, hope you got that furnace repaired. Such bad timing with all you have going on in preparation for the dog event. Hope you have fun there! Will look forward to hearing how things go!

I am doing ok, but a little tired. Today is the anniversary of my friend Nancy’s “boyfriend” passing away. She is turning 79 on Friday, and he was in his 90s when he died last year. I knew this would be hard day for her so we had a very long phone chat, just to help her get through this anniversary. (She lost her husband in 2011 and this "boyfriend" came along a few years later.) Also, my friend Ed’s sister’s memorial service was yesterday online. It was a very touching service. Ed and his sister were very close. She had a rare medical disorder that greatly disabled her over the past 20+ years. Neither Ed nor his sister ever married nor had any children. All they had was each other. Ed is now the last remaining member of his family and feeling very alone. I have been supporting Ed quite a bit over the long years of our friendship, but most especially these past few days. I don’t mind doing so one bit as I know he needs this and has very few other friends. So tonight that is all I did was talk first with Nancy and then with Ed. It has been a long night.

I managed to do well with my eating today and even did great during the day with my Monday “to do” list. Sometimes I surprise myself with how much I can get done when I am feeling well. It is raining now, and the rain is expected to continue most or all of tomorrow. I am aiming to get my Tuesday “to do” list done early so I can spend the rest of the day relaxing and reading. Rainy days kind of lend themselves to that.
  • shariletts
    Options
    O love how the Orthodox traditions are based on scripture. I think the practices really draw us in using symbolism. Thanks for praying Paula. You are a very good friend to so many Paula. The emotional support during hard times is invaluable.

I had a good day with all of my diet habits but no loss on the scale. I will try again today. I am trying to not get discouraged with the number on the scale.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, You are so good about weighing in! I am far overdue for a weigh in, but I always wait until I "feel"like I will see a loss. I almost weighed in today but ended up having coffee and then didn't want to have the added weight from that. I did well today until I indulged in a piece of pastry after supper. It shouldn't throw me off that much, but I am annoyed that I caved on that. I made a delicious pork tenderloin for supper with plenty of veggies. I think I am going to add a carb at supper, something like half of a baked potato or sweet potato. I think that will be more satisfying. I got some applesauce from my organic delivery. It is nothing but apples, absolutely no sugar added and is very delicious. I had some applesauce with the pork loin. Both John and I loved the entire meal.

• shariletts
    Options
    I took some off from weighing in, I don't like seeing the high numbers. But I am back to weighing in for a reality check every morning. Hoping that I can be motivated to keep my food choices in check. I really hope to see some progress by my goal date of Nov 6. I am trying to re-lose the same weight as last month and then some. It is not looking promising!

Your dinner sounds delicious Paula. I haven't made a pork tenderloin in quite awhile.Yum!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Shari, I hear you about weighing daily and the reality check!! Weighing in daily (for me) is absolutely necessary to keep me honest about my eating when I am dieting.…as soon as I start not to weigh I subconsciously give myself permission to treat myself and indulge in what I know I should not, lol!

Last night I wanted a late snack in the worst way..but managed to stay strong. I was rewarded with a lower number on the scale. Down .4 lb but have bounced up and down so long now…cannot count it until I hit at least another .4 and reach a new plateau level. Almost there but not quite, sigh. This is slow weight loss on IF but at least I am not gaining!! Very thankful for that. I actually had a huge lunch yesterday and went over my daily calorie limit a tiny amount (about 25 calories) so was concerned I might be up….we ate lunch out at local cafe. I had French fries and a Patti melt….ate light dinner as result so it seems it evened out. Back to my scrambled eggs today😋

Pork loin with applesauce sounds delicious Paula. LOL…I will have to make my pork tenderloin in crockpot soon now…yum! I am using my I know it’s not butter..earing veggies to fill me up etc but otherwise eating normal foods…as long as I keep in my eating window and my calorie budget. Is so good to feel able to eat what I want for a change after years of trying to eat only 17dd foods and feeling a failure much of the time. (Start, fall off, start, stop.) I feel like I am on a very controlled break but plan to incorporate 17dd as much as I am able.

DW… wishing you a good weekend with your dogs and safe travels!

Update on SIL…she is in rehab and using a walker and will know tomorrow if she stays another week or they feel she can do rest of her therapy at home of friends?? Also no decision yet if she can fly home or should ride in car. Peggy remains optimistic and we are all taking it one day at a time. 🙏🏻
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Wow Diane, congrats on not caving for the snack you mentioned. I have gradually added in foods not on C1 or C2 of the 17DD. I find this much more satisfying but run into portion control issues. I got some information from a friend on Weight Watchers about zero point foods (mostly fruit, veggies, and lean proteins...somewhat similar to the 17DD but with more options). It is helpful and helps me focus the foods that will fill me up more. I continue to have either eggs or egg whites for breakfast and that works well. I am considering looking at WW online which my friend is following and has had some success. It helps that she is sharing info with me. Thanks for the update on Peggy. Sounds like she is making good progress. Her optimistic attitude certainly is a plus!

Shari, I hope you see progress by your Nov. 6 date! Reaching that goal or even getting close can be very motivating. Always best to focus on the positives!

To my surprise I had another very good day. I slept late and was concerned that I would be out of sorts because of getting a late start. However, I was busy enough to not be distracted by hunger pangs. I am well within my calorie range and accomplished quite a bit of work. John was a big help to me today too. Tomorrow a friend is coming to visit as she and her DH leave for their winter home in NM next week. John and I will miss them very much till they return sometime in May. We usually get delivery or take out but we decided not to do that tomorrow, so I will just cook something quick and easy and healthy. That will help keep me on track.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I made it to another Friday. I didn't track my food yesterday but I think I did okay. I am hoping I can have another good day today. I need to fast track some weight loss this week to meet my goal. I will be okay if I have a holding pattern after that. So I really need to work hard at being good!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Checking in much earlier than usual for me today. So far so good with tracking and food choices. I am planning on making beef stew for supper, something I haven't made in ages. Tomorrow my friend who turned 79 on Thursday is coming to visit. We will celebrate her birthday with some kind of food delivery. She mentioned that she hasn't had pizza in a very long time, so that is a distinct possibility. I will have to be hyper vigilant with portion control. Last time we had pizza when other friends came by I did just fine, eating only 1 1/2 pieces. Hope I can do the same tomorrow. This is giving me some incentive to strive for good choices today. nxqhtjgtgho7.jpg
    This is a photo of the new electric fireplace I bought for our family room. It looks good in there and is a most welcome addition as the cooler weather has arrived here. It has a remote and works with or without the heat on. We have a gas fireplace in the living room but spend so much more time in the family room, that I decided this would be a good purchase.
  • atgoal135
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Paula…that is really nice looking…should be very cozy!! 👍😍. Good luck tomorrow eating the pizza….I can never be that strong to stop at 1 1/2 pieces!💪

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! We are being lazy but will hit it in gear soon and get at laundry and changing bedding etc…which is top of my list today. We installed the new shade yesterday and it stayed up all night which is a good sign? It rolls up off kilter…and was same on other one. I have to put some pieces of tape on the roller to balance it and had forgotten that part. May do that later. It will be a nice addition for shade on our patio!

Peggy got word she is in rehab until next Friday when they will release her 3.5 hours ahead of flight time back to MN. She is doing so well they say she should use a cane rather than a walker now. And is deemed safe for her to travel by plane as she is on blood thinner. All good news! Thank you all for your concern and your prayers for Peggy!🙏🏻 We are feeling very blessed.❤️
  • atgoal135
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Feeling good about “extra bounce” this morning as the scale hit a new lower digit number for me!! I know I will likely bounce up again and down again but at this new plateau level! 👍🤞 Feels good. Especially since I am eating foods I have not allowed myself for years. Just keeping within my 8 hour eating window, the no night eating and staying under the 1395 calories range seems to be working and is no issue as I think I was eating less calories in 17dd plan many many days and still not losing. This is slow but steady loss and as long as not gaining I am on board this IF plan!😎👍💪

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday!! Happy Halloween!👻
  • shariletts
    Options
    Happy Halloween!

Nice new fireplace Paula. With winter right around the corner, it will make for a very cozy space. I put mine on last weekend and it really took the edge off the coolness in the room.

I have been trying IF too, it's getting much easier to miss breakfast. I don't feel hungry or feel the psychological need to eat either. No weight loss for me though. It is looking like I won't make my goal for Nov 6. I really wish the changes I have been making would show up on the scale. I will stick at it this week and see if there is any kind of loss, if not. I will need to look at what else I can change.
  • DW2022
    Options
    HI Everybody! I have missed our communications and just read all the posts since my last one. Inspite of crazy amounts of walking each day, I feel as if my weight is up and it could well be since my eating was sporadic but then I over did it when I had the opportunity to eat. I will go back to C1 tomorrow! I will not be walking 5-7 miles tomorrow, as I have been all week. I think that the dog show weekend went well! My favorite part was the dog games, which I planned and led. I think everyone had fun with their dogs! I also had responsibilities with the Rally and Obedience Trials and ended up needing to present awards at the banquet. My club did a fun dog and people costume contest as part of our Friday night party and the participation was excellent-people are so creative!! We did an auction after the banquet and that was well received! There were a lot of typical "dog shows" but my dogs weren't involved with that this year. I got home this evening after staying to help clean up. Part of the weekend is "vendor tables" for shopping. At least four breed rescues had tables for fund raising and I think they all did well! I will close for now because I am exhausted but will check in tomorrow. Have a great Monday and week!
  • shariletts
    Options
    My weight crept up and that's not good! I really hope it is just a blip for a day or two. I will drink lots of water today and hope that it is water retention. I had a very salty meal on Saturday evening. I am certainly going in the wrong direction with my weight. Yikes!

DW- The dog show sounds like so much fun and it must be a great community. Hope you find yourself well rested now and that C1 goes well.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, Such good news about Peggy! Her recovery is amazing. Truly blessed indeed! She will remain on our prayer lists! Congrats on your new number at the scale. Your plan is successful and works so well. My guess is that eating foods you enjoy is an important factor in keeping you on track. Slow and steady is a winner!

Shari, Hope that you are able to flush out the salt. Water weight is a situation we all seem to experience from time to time. The good news is that eventually we lose it!

DW, You are so very active! I wouldn’t be surprised if you do see a drop in weight after all of that walking you did. I think sometimes it takes a few days for our weight loss to catch up with our activity levels. Like Shari, I think your dog show activities sound like a lot of fun. Of course, I am still missing our Jambo and still looking but doubting that we will get another dog anytime soon.

Well, I got lucky yesterday as we opted to order from a delivery menu rather than just get a pizza. So, I ordered a steak sandwich. I ate half for lunch and the other half for supper. I tracked it and was still well within my calorie range. Skipping breakfast yesterday helped too. I had a wonderful visit with my friend. She stayed a lot longer than I expected, but that was fine with me. She is great to talk with and to spend time with. I know she appreciated this little birthday celebration for her. Today was another good day for my eating but not for my “to do” list. It was just a kind of lazy day with another bunch of phone calls, church related again.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My weight was up about 2 lbs from my dog weekend-could have been worse! Shari, like you, I'm hoping it might be water weight! Restaurant food is always so salty!! Paula, your visit with your friend sounds like it was fun! Diane, continuing prayers for your sister-in-law!!
    My to do list today was longer than was humanly possible to do in one day, so I guess my list for tomorrow is created! Many situations came up that required attention/work and were not on my list-I guess it is important to be flexible and able to adapt-LOL!! I did sign our young girl up for a regular dog show in a couple of weeks. I don't enjoy this kind of showing and am not experienced with it, but I need to do it to see if she is over being terrified in the show ring.
    I will be WAY out of my comfort zone but that will be good for me! There will be another busy day tomorrow-I'm looking forward to getting my home back together!! Have a great evening!