Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here is my daily check-in:

12/12:
    Calories: 1,147
    Exercise: Walking 3 miles and yoga for 30 minutes
    Steps: 12,862

I hope you all have a great day!

Nice steps! I would love to do yoga. I try to do some yoga and tai chi type moves when I do my stretching in the pool.

Goooood Morning Dazzling Downsizers .... I hope everyone is doing good ......Our house is ready for Christmas ... tree is up ... presents wrapped ....lights are up ... all my Christmas decorations are up ... I bought new ones at Hobby Lobby and Amazon... I absolutely love gnomes so I have a few climbing on ladders .... and I have some on my tree .... Today I have to put my Apen's and Dakota's paws in clay to make an ornament for the tree ...Aspen will be good ... Dakota has hugeeeeeeeeeeee paws so it might be a problem ...Next week I will be baking some lemon sugar cookies with lemon royal icing, pumpkin cheese cake with caramel sauce , cheddar straws out of puff pastry sheets and other yummy things :)

You are ahead of the game. I need to start wrapping. It sure is going to smell good in your house.

I always start early ... with the tree...decorations etc....I am hosting this year (I am excited) (I haven't hosted in a few years (stupid covid) so I have my menu already written down
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here is my daily check-in:

12/12:
    Calories: 1,147
    Exercise: Walking 3 miles and yoga for 30 minutes
    Steps: 12,862

I hope you all have a great day!

Nice steps! I would love to do yoga. I try to do some yoga and tai chi type moves when I do my stretching in the pool.

Goooood Morning Dazzling Downsizers .... I hope everyone is doing good ......Our house is ready for Christmas ... tree is up ... presents wrapped ....lights are up ... all my Christmas decorations are up ... I bought new ones at Hobby Lobby and Amazon... I absolutely love gnomes so I have a few climbing on ladders .... and I have some on my tree .... Today I have to put my Apen's and Dakota's paws in clay to make an ornament for the tree ...Aspen will be good ... Dakota has hugeeeeeeeeeeee paws so it might be a problem ...Next week I will be baking some lemon sugar cookies with lemon royal icing, pumpkin cheese cake with caramel sauce , cheddar straws out of puff pastry sheets and other yummy things :)

You are ahead of the game. I need to start wrapping. It sure is going to smell good in your house.

I always start early ... with the tree...decorations etc....I am hosting this year (I am excited) (I haven't hosted in a few years (stupid covid) so I have my menu already written down

I will be having everyone over for either New Year’s Eve or day. It will be takeout though as I can’t cook for a lot of people with my back. Everyone loves Chinese food right? 😉
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend. I did not track for two days but was as careful as I could be. I also only got 1900 steps for Sunday. I spent time with my MIL and then drove 4 hours, concert at church, out with the family. Honestly I don’t think I could have done differently. So I think I am going to re-phrase my commitment for steps to be a Goal of 6000 per day with a back-up plan to make up any missed steps for special circumstances. I won’t be travelling again for a while, so that should be okay. I went to Zumba this morning and already have over 7 thousand for today, so I should be able to make up a chunk from the weekend today. Phew. Be back tonight to catch up and check in!
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @dsgoingtodoit Great loss, and sending comfort to you and your family as you grieve.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. One less day until the new year. Woohoo.
    Check in for 12/13:
    Steps - 8448 plus 20 minutes exercise bike moderate effort.
    Calories - about 1750. To much snacking during the day. Made flat bread pizza for dinner. Yum.
    Exercise - gym after dinner. 8 machines, mostly upper body to stay away from my back. 20 minutes bike moderate effort. Got my heart rate up to 137.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    6/12 11774
    7/12 7140
    8/12 10220
    9/12 9196
    10/12 3838
    11/12 8821
    12/12 9358
    13/12 8025

I'm so sorry these steps are so late. I was in texas all weekend and just got home... I had no service for most of my time there lol

• Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1148 but I'm not feeling great about them. Caved and got takeaway chicken with roasted potatoes and gravy.
    Steps 5207 too tired to join my partner walking the dogs tonight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    I had a great weekend. I did not track for two days but was as careful as I could be. I also only got 1900 steps for Sunday. I spent time with my MIL and then drove 4 hours, concert at church, out with the family. Honestly I don’t think I could have done differently. So I think I am going to re-phrase my commitment for steps to be a Goal of 6000 per day with a back-up plan to make up any missed steps for special circumstances. I won’t be travelling again for a while, so that should be okay. I went to Zumba this morning and already have over 7 thousand for today, so I should be able to make up a chunk from the weekend today. Phew. Be back tonight to catch up and check in!

I think being aware of what or how much we are eating iss ok on occasion. As of Friday, I will be using mindfulness more than tracking until after the holiday. I like your idea of making up or banking steps for special occasions.

Username: dsgoingtodoit
    Pw: 261.2
    Cw: 259.1

Pretty proud of the effort to get through a few days at home with my Mom in mourning. She cooks well...cooks alot...and portion control has to be even more top of mind there. Not to mention... I am mourning too!
    So, yep- proud and that's a good thing!

Exercise occurs generally PM. I do walk dogs during the day, but that's just a bonus.

Nice loss! Sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. One less day until the new year. Woohoo.
    Check in for 12/13:
    Steps - 8448 plus 20 minutes exercise bike moderate effort.
    Calories - about 1750. To much snacking during the day. Made flat bread pizza for dinner. Yum.
    Exercise - gym after dinner. 8 machines, mostly upper body to stay away from my back. 20 minutes bike moderate effort. Got my heart rate up to 137.

Great workout session. Flat bread pizza is one of my favourite things to eat. They are a lot lower in calories than regular pizza.

6/12 11774
    7/12 7140
    8/12 10220
    9/12 9196
    10/12 3838
    11/12 8821
    12/12 9358
    13/12 8025

I'm so sorry these steps are so late. I was in texas all weekend and just got home... I had no service for most of my time there lol

How was the trip?

Daily check-in
    Calories 1148 but I'm not feeling great about them. Caved and got takeaway chicken with roasted potatoes and gravy.
    Steps 5207 too tired to join my partner walking the dogs tonight.

Having takeout on occasion is ok. Sounds like maybe you were tired and needed a break from cooking,
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅ Steps
    ✅ Closed rings
    ❌ Calories

I ended up being about 300 over calories. I stuck to my planned meal, split a dessert but the bread got me. Warm bread was too much for me to resist. I did only have one piece with butter. I am up 2 pounds this morning but I know it’s water weight. I am off to the pool for laps and a workout using my pool weights. I have to get the apartment super clean as my mom is coming on Friday.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Lets see some transformation Tuesday pictures! If your not comfortable sharing a picture share a NSV.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/13:
    Calories: 1,191
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical and stretching class for 17 minutes
    Steps: 14,625

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Yesterday was a suuuuper heavy food day. I had Mexican for lunch and then a giant burger, cheese-fries, and wine for dinner. I got all my steps in, but I do feel guilty for eating so much crap.

I accidentally forgot a lunch today, but I have some oven-roasted turkey breast that I stored at work. My lunch was several pieces of Turkey breast and a few chips.

Maybe forgetting my lunch was a blessing in disguise.

I’m supposed to go see my doctor in the next couple of days for a weight and blood pressure check. I really want it to go well, so I’m going to make sure my diet and water intake are pretty on-point.

I’m going to be really frustrated if my weight shows a gain because of all the salt from yesterday! Fortunately I have a really good, understanding doctor.

Anyway…today is my LAST full day of teaching - the rest of this week are final exams, which are half-days!! Break is on the horizon!!

Happy Tuesday everybody!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Last call for people's steps ..If I do not have them by this evening 12/14 .. I will be zeroing them out

@red1185 12/4
    @tahm42 12/5-12/11

Thanks for understanding :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi! I didn't think I pledged my steps because of surgery. However it maybe a great way to get me moving afterwards. So here it is
    12/5-6804
    12/6-11117
    12/7-7336
    12/8-6042
    12/9-9145
    12/10-6335
    12/11-12501
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:215
    CW:215

So surgery is tomorrow. I am excited and anxious at the same time. I have been stress baking and of course tasting. But I am going to be rid of Norm tomorrow.

Wishing you the very best for your surgery and recovery ....hugs
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: ?
    CW: 135.0
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lets see some transformation Tuesday pictures! If your not comfortable sharing a picture share a NSV.

I haven't been doing progress pics but maybe I should be. My NSV are that I've lost a total of 6 inches in total so far, and I went down from a size 18 pants to a size 16!
This discussion has been closed.