Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,832 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Is there anyone else that would like to be added to the step challenge? Please remember that I have a converter chart that I can convert almost anything into steps :)

Could I participate if I'm riding my stationary bike?

Absolutely ...you just tell me a step pledge that you want to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly ... also tell me how long on your stationary bike and if it was leisurely, moderate and vigorously and I will convert it for you :)

Megan, thank you! I think I'll do 10K then. I'll probably post weekly when I do my weigh in.

This is motivating. :)

Sounds good ... I will get you added....Do you want to start on Sunday the 9th or you can start from 1/2-1/8 if you already have steps? Please let me know thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    And my weekly weigh in. :/
    Username: JodiSW
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):168.8
    CW (Current Weight): 171.0 ?!?!

I can tell I'm retaining a lot of water right now...salt? carbs? I don't know but I've got those fabric lines all over my body every time I stand up. Ugh.

Next week will be better!

Sodium is a killer for me for water weight. Give it a couple of days and the water bloat will be gone.

Making my weekly food menu. What are some easy supper ideas and sides? Go…

Before keto I use to make these dishes regularly
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/easy-dinner-ideas/

for sides I make some of these regularly
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/g1970/side-dishes/

I am going to make the lemon chicken mushroom. I want to get back into trying one new recipe a week. I am over my rant. It will all work out in the wash.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10 min. 0.5 mile, 0.5 incline
    45 minutes strength training, moderate
    32 minutes 2,7 miles stationary bike

Physical therapy has me walking on an incline now so worked speed up from 3:1 to 3.5mph. Will release me when I can walk 30 minutes at 3.5 mph without foot slapping the ground.
    Am probably the only woman who despises leg exercises and my 2 most hated are squats and lunges which were part the leg exercises today. My backside is mildly sore 3 hours after exercise. The avoidance of leg exercises is probably why I am “all gut and no butt”.
    Can barely button my jeans for the last few days. Keep telling myself that it’s the long underwear beneath the jeans. We will see when it warms up tomorrow. It’s supposed to make it to 32 degrees with freezing rain.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We will see when it warms up tomorrow. It’s supposed to make it to 32 degrees with freezing rain.

Great workout but 32 degrees with freezing rain does NOT sound like warming up to my southern bones!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 185.6
    CW 183.4

That's my pre-emptive weight loss I'm sure I'll put it all back on and more on my mini break.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else that would like to be added to the step challenge? Please remember that I have a converter chart that I can convert almost anything into steps :)

Could I participate if I'm riding my stationary bike?

Absolutely ...you just tell me a step pledge that you want to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly ... also tell me how long on your stationary bike and if it was leisurely, moderate and vigorously and I will convert it for you :)

Megan, thank you! I think I'll do 10K then. I'll probably post weekly when I do my weigh in.

This is motivating. :)

Sounds good ... I will get you added....Do you want to start on Sunday the 9th or you can start from 1/2-1/8 if you already have steps? Please let me know thanks

I think I should start on the 9th. :)
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Am probably the only woman who despises leg exercises and my 2 most hated are squats and lunges which were part the leg exercises today.

You're definitely not the only one!

I hope it warms up for you soon. Yikes.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I am so sorry about your back and surgery, perhaps, being the next option. It's great that you have the other therapies and options going on now, that may provide relief. Definitely sending you positive thoughts.

Yes, I gained a bit, but I know it could have been more. I was thinking, honestly, about the gained weight, last night. I know it really started after the loss of our dog in November. It just didn't show on the scale yet. I was still eating well and exercising; however, I was letting portions slip... and perhaps not recording every little snack... Then just over a month before the holidays, we had dinner with friends, and an amazing hubs birthday celebration. Now throw in the holiday dinners out and between holiday dinners, that weren't all that calorie friendly. And there you have it, lol. I am glad it's a new year, with a fresh/clean slate. 😊👍

@peng123
    Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I do feel really good about the grand scheme of things. I feel grateful. 😊
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 1/7:
    Steps - 4555 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort.
    Calories - 1595 or close.
    Exercise - gym tonight with daughter. 9 machines plus 20 minutes bike.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Morning all,

Thought I'd check in. Scales seem to be going down so fingers crossed for a loss on Monday.

Some days this week I've used a 330ml can of fizzy drink here and there when feeling on the hungry side, pepsi max is like 1 cal per can, 7 cal per 7UP sugar free lemonade can. Keep seeing really nice looking food advertised in local restaurants which is so tempting to go and have, but staying strong.

Food has been decent this week, getting used to having the smaller portions again. I'm not sure if will stick with 7 days or go down to 5 yet. The 5 days aspect would allow me to have other options at the weekend rather than a repeat of some of the set meals and snack.

I do think I'm gonna need to do this prep thing for a few months at least to get my weight back down. I don't want to keep coming back up to these higher numbers.

My goal is to get under 200 by end of this year and then ultimate is to be in late 150's/early 160's for my height in a healthy way whenever that will be :) I've been 172 before somehow, so it's possible.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's the weekend, Downsizers! Woo hoo! Here's my daily check-in:

1/7:
    Calories: 1,183
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 15,683

I'm heading out shortly to do my weekly grocery run at Trader Joe's - then it's time to food prep for the upcoming week. I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10 min. 0.5 mile, 0.5 incline
    45 minutes strength training, moderate
    32 minutes 2,7 miles stationary bike

Physical therapy has me walking on an incline now so worked speed up from 3:1 to 3.5mph. Will release me when I can walk 30 minutes at 3.5 mph without foot slapping the ground.
    Am probably the only woman who despises leg exercises and my 2 most hated are squats and lunges which were part the leg exercises today. My backside is mildly sore 3 hours after exercise. The avoidance of leg exercises is probably why I am “all gut and no butt”.
    Can barely button my jeans for the last few days. Keep telling myself that it’s the long underwear beneath the jeans. We will see when it warms up tomorrow. It’s supposed to make it to 32 degrees with freezing rain.

I am with you on the leg exercises. Even in the pool, I have to force myself to do my squats and lunges even though it’s easier. It has been pretty cold here. I am dreading going grocery shopping. Its -20C and feels like -26C which is -4F. The wind chill brings it to -14.8F. I think I am converting it right. Someone needs to hit me in the summer when I complain about the humidity.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 185.6
    CW 183.4

That's my pre-emptive weight loss I'm sure I'll put it all back on and more on my mini break.

Awesome loss! Enjoy your mini break. Even if you gain it will be mostly water weight.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    I am so sorry about your back and surgery, perhaps, being the next option. It's great that you have the other therapies and options going on now, that may provide relief. Definitely sending you positive thoughts.

Yes, I gained a bit, but I know it could have been more. I was thinking, honestly, about the gained weight, last night. I know it really started after the loss of our dog in November. It just didn't show on the scale yet. I was still eating well and exercising; however, I was letting portions slip... and perhaps not recording every little snack... Then just over a month before the holidays, we had dinner with friends, and an amazing hubs birthday celebration. Now throw in the holiday dinners out and between holiday dinners, that weren't all that calorie friendly. And there you have it, lol. I am glad it's a new year, with a fresh/clean slate. 😊👍

@peng123
    Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I do feel really good about the grand scheme of things. I feel grateful. 😊

Thanks Lee! You were/are grieving. It’s been almost 2 years since I lost Molly and I still have moments. I know you and the gain won’t be here for long. We decided that next year we are not having as many dinners/celebrations but it is easy to say that now. Keep doing all your extra movement.

MeowScout wrote: »
    Friday WI
    PW 252
    CW 252

I tell you, that same weight is an NSV. I am so water-puffy right now. BUT I have turned a corner on it. I am drinking tons of water. Getting sleep. Logging and killing my binge desire. I have got this. This is going to be a good week!

Checkīn 1/6
    Steps 6143
    Cal 1469

Like you said staying the same can be a victory. Keep all your hard work up. What are some things you do to kill those binges?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 1/7:
    Steps - 4555 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort.
    Calories - 1595 or close.
    Exercise - gym tonight with daughter. 9 machines plus 20 minutes bike.

Look at all that great exercise! 👏👏👏 How is the dizziness today?

peng123 wrote: »
    It's the weekend, Downsizers! Woo hoo! Here's my daily check-in:

1/7:
    Calories: 1,183
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 15,683

I'm heading out shortly to do my weekly grocery run at Trader Joe's - then it's time to food prep for the upcoming week. I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend!

Fantastic steps! Ahh, the dreaded grocery shopping. We are going very soon. I dread putting away more.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Thought I'd check in. Scales seem to be going down so fingers crossed for a loss on Monday.

Some days this week I've used a 330ml can of fizzy drink here and there when feeling on the hungry side, pepsi max is like 1 cal per can, 7 cal per 7UP sugar free lemonade can. Keep seeing really nice looking food advertised in local restaurants which is so tempting to go and have, but staying strong.

Food has been decent this week, getting used to having the smaller portions again. I'm not sure if will stick with 7 days or go down to 5 yet. The 5 days aspect would allow me to have other options at the weekend rather than a repeat of some of the set meals and snack.

I do think I'm gonna need to do this prep thing for a few months at least to get my weight back down. I don't want to keep coming back up to these higher numbers.

My goal is to get under 200 by end of this year and then ultimate is to be in late 150's/early 160's for my height in a healthy way whenever that will be :) I've been 172 before somehow, so it's possible.

I never thought of making a fizzy drink when hungry. I have a soda stream now and I am loving it. Maybe when I get that urge to binge I will make one. Glad the meal prep is going good. Maybe stick with the 7 days to get you off to a strong start and then switch to 5.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Didn't count Calories because I've already started my holiday food.
    Steps 9574 lots odmf shopping cleaning and packing. That's my last check-in for a little while as I'll be living without my scales while on holiday and don't plan to track anything.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅close rings
    ✅steps 6,009
    ✅log food daily

About to head out for grocery shopping. It’s pretty darn cold today. It’s -26C with the wind chill. 🥶 That’s almost -15F for my American teammates. Wonder if I can convince hubby to go by himself. 🤷‍♀️ Anyways, I am more at peace with everything today. I am going to concentrate on the coming week getting the binges under control and hopefully post a loss on Friday.

Have a super Saturday!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 185.6
    CW 183.4

@pippin20206 Your pre-emptive weight loss is great! Have a wonderful time on your vacation!
This discussion has been closed.