Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Thought I'd check in. Scales seem to be going down so fingers crossed for a loss on Monday.

Some days this week I've used a 330ml can of fizzy drink here and there when feeling on the hungry side, pepsi max is like 1 cal per can, 7 cal per 7UP sugar free lemonade can. Keep seeing really nice looking food advertised in local restaurants which is so tempting to go and have, but staying strong.

Food has been decent this week, getting used to having the smaller portions again. I'm not sure if will stick with 7 days or go down to 5 yet. The 5 days aspect would allow me to have other options at the weekend rather than a repeat of some of the set meals and snack.

I do think I'm gonna need to do this prep thing for a few months at least to get my weight back down. I don't want to keep coming back up to these higher numbers.

My goal is to get under 200 by end of this year and then ultimate is to be in late 150's/early 160's for my height in a healthy way whenever that will be :) I've been 172 before somehow, so it's possible.

@mszoueb You have some excellent goals - you can definitely reach them!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Saturday 1/8

PW 258.8
    CW 251.8

A lot of this is probably water weight from getting back on a calorie restrictive diet but I will take it. Let’s see what next week brings.
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    flowerblossom_58
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    PW: 306.4
    CW: 303.2

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Is there anyone else that would like to be added to the step challenge? Please remember that I have a converter chart that I can convert almost anything into steps :)

Could I participate if I'm riding my stationary bike?

Absolutely ...you just tell me a step pledge that you want to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly ... also tell me how long on your stationary bike and if it was leisurely, moderate and vigorously and I will convert it for you :)

Megan, thank you! I think I'll do 10K then. I'll probably post weekly when I do my weigh in.

This is motivating. :)

Sounds good ... I will get you added....Do you want to start on Sunday the 9th or you can start from 1/2-1/8 if you already have steps? Please let me know thanks

I think I should start on the 9th. :)

Sounds good :)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody and happy Saturday!
    Weekly weigh-in: red1185
    PW: 160
    CW: 165

I knew there would be an increase - I haven’t been on track for awhile. Here’s what I will say, though: it’s not as bad as what I was anticipating. I also think some of it is salt and sugar weight. Had a lot of cheesy pizza and wine this week. My coworkers and I go out after work on Fridays, but this week we went out Wednesday and Friday…so 🤷🏻‍♀️. While I’m not super excited about the gain, I know I’ll get back on track.

@MeowScout : thanks for the kind words. My after school routine is rarely ever the same. If it’s nice weather and I still have energy I’ll take the dog on a walk. Otherwise, I may start cooking dinner, or just change clothes and rest on the couch for awhile. My plan is to get back on track with walking the dog, but right now it’s so cold and I’m tired lol.

@lindamtuck2018 im so sorry about your back. Hopefully the surgery will not take too much of a toll, and will be super successful. My BIL had to have back surgery and he feels so much better now. I hope the same for you!
    Also, -15F sounds AWFUL! lol WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! I live in Georgia, USA, it’s 36F right now, and I’m so cold lol. Though, I would LOVE a snowstorm. I love snow.

@Bluetail6 losing a pet is so hard. I understand continued grief. Sending virtual hugs.
    On the brighter side: your dinners and celebrations over the holidays sound lovely! Moments like those leave me with some of my favorite memories!

I’m reading through everybody’s notes: you all are very inspiring - with your workouts and your weight losses. I may not respond to all, but I do read them all. My hat’s off to all of you!

Have a great week everybody! I will try to check in more frequently, as I know it helps with motivation.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I never thought of making a fizzy drink when hungry.  I have a soda stream now and I am loving it.  Maybe when I get that urge to binge I will make one.  Glad the meal prep is going good.  Maybe stick with the 7 days to get you off to a strong start and then switch to 5. 

My intake of fizzy drinks (soda) over the past few months definitely increased, especially over the holidays. I'm not someone who feels like they absolutely have to have one every day and drink nothing else though.

My plan is to continue reduce intake, but having it if I fancy something different than water. I find it can help because of the carbonation, gives me a fuller feeling. I only really started introducing it into this year for those aspects.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gwiz401
    PW (Previous Weight): 179.8
    CW (Current Weight): 177.4
  • peng123
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber @flowerblossom_58 @Gwiz401 Congratulations! Incredible losses for all of you!!!
  • peng123
    Options
    @red1185 You can definitely get back on track - these setbacks are just temporary.
  • peng123
    Options
    @littleflutterby Really impressive steps this week - excellent job!
  • sequimtrim
    sequimtrim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    PW 207.2
    CW 206.6

I've been off my feed this week, but also not exercising. I feel 90% better today!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Didn't count Calories because I've already started my holiday food.
    Steps 9574 lots odmf shopping cleaning and packing. That's my last check-in for a little while as I'll be living without my scales while on holiday and don't plan to track anything.

Enjoy the break!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Saturday 1/8

PW 258.8
    CW 251.8

A lot of this is probably water weight from getting back on a calorie restrictive diet but I will take it. Let’s see what next week brings.

Water weight or not, it’s a great start to the year.

flowerblossom_58
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday
    PW: 306.4
    CW: 303.2

Fantastic loss!

mszoueb wrote: »

I never thought of making a fizzy drink when hungry.  I have a soda stream now and I am loving it.  Maybe when I get that urge to binge I will make one.  Glad the meal prep is going good.  Maybe stick with the 7 days to get you off to a strong start and then switch to 5. 

My intake of fizzy drinks (soda) over the past few months definitely increased, especially over the holidays. I'm not someone who feels like they absolutely have to have one every day and drink nothing else though.

My plan is to continue reduce intake, but having it if I fancy something different than water. I find it can help because of the carbonation, gives me a fuller feeling. I only really started introducing it into this year for those aspects.

Thanks for the advice :)

Have you thought about a soda stream. I am loving mine but i am trying to figure out the perfect carbonation level.

Gwiz401 wrote: »
    Gwiz401
    PW (Previous Weight): 179.8
    CW (Current Weight): 177.4

Awesome loss!
    sequimtrim wrote: »
    PW 207.2
    CW 206.6

I've been off my feed this week, but also not exercising. I feel 90% better today!

Glad you found your way here and your feeling better. Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody and happy Saturday!
    Weekly weigh-in: red1185
    PW: 160
    CW: 165

I knew there would be an increase - I haven’t been on track for awhile. Here’s what I will say, though: it’s not as bad as what I was anticipating. I also think some of it is salt and sugar weight. Had a lot of cheesy pizza and wine this week. My coworkers and I go out after work on Fridays, but this week we went out Wednesday and Friday…so 🤷🏻‍♀️. While I’m not super excited about the gain, I know I’ll get back on track.

@MeowScout : thanks for the kind words. My after school routine is rarely ever the same. If it’s nice weather and I still have energy I’ll take the dog on a walk. Otherwise, I may start cooking dinner, or just change clothes and rest on the couch for awhile. My plan is to get back on track with walking the dog, but right now it’s so cold and I’m tired lol.

@lindamtuck2018 im so sorry about your back. Hopefully the surgery will not take too much of a toll, and will be super successful. My BIL had to have back surgery and he feels so much better now. I hope the same for you!
    Also, -15F sounds AWFUL! lol WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! I live in Georgia, USA, it’s 36F right now, and I’m so cold lol. Though, I would LOVE a snowstorm. I love snow.

@Bluetail6 losing a pet is so hard. I understand continued grief. Sending virtual hugs.
    On the brighter side: your dinners and celebrations over the holidays sound lovely! Moments like those leave me with some of my favorite memories!

I’m reading through everybody’s notes: you all are very inspiring - with your workouts and your weight losses. I may not respond to all, but I do read them all. My hat’s off to all of you!

Have a great week everybody! I will try to check in more frequently, as I know it helps with motivation.

Thanks! I live in Ontario. It’s warmed up since this morning but at least it is not as cold as it is out west. They have hit -50C. You will get on track. Keep counting your NSV’s.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps for the week so far

2/1- 7134
    3/1- 13315
    4/1- 6645
    5/1- 10914
    6/1- 14542
    7/1- 12635
    8/1- Still working on it ;)

My body is really achy today. Thursday was a day off but I ended up walking to the hospital and back (I had an appointment with the psychiatrist) I am trying a new sleep med and upping my antidepressants so my body is going to be changing how it feels. But I am trying to keep active.

It looks like this week will be a good step week. I'm going to charge my Fitbit real quick while I have my coffee and then run a few errands. I need to get some food for the next few days, and put in my prescription- all require walking! Then I'll rest my body and, idk, study or something!

Have a good day all!

Nice steps. Hopefully, the change in the way your body feels is for the better. Keep up those great steps but rest your knee.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/08. 33 minutes elliptical 4.37 miles

@SWJodi and @lindamtuck2018 glad to know that am not so the only one who hates those exercises. Linda hope that you can find relief from your pain. You and Megan are very inspiring how you keep stepping and exercising despite the pain.

@bluetsil6. It’s very insightful of you to realize that grief was causing your weight to fluctuate. Pets become special family members since they love us unconditionally. So sorry for your loss and also went off the rails in December since it was my first holidays without Kevin.

@mszoueb welcome back. The fizzy drink to fill you up is a great idea!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Week 2s Group Challenge is now posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 9th. It's a creative one, with nutritional goals AND a contest! Hope you'll join me for the This or That Recipe Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853286/january-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-recipe-challenge/p1?new=1
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @red1185
    Thank you for your kind words and virtual hugs!! Yep, losing our dog has been hard. Who would have thought the 5 or 7 stages of grief would apply? We are definitely in the acceptance/the upward turn. Not that we went through them all, anyway, many definitely applied. We certainly miss him but feel so lucky that he graced us with his presence and, above all, spirit for so many years. We are the better for it!!

P.S. Rachel, 36F sounds like Heaven right now. We got down to -11F last night, and that wasn't too bad compared to the way this cold-kittened Winter has been so far!! 😉🤣
This discussion has been closed.