New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• librarycarole
    librarycarole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carole and I'm new to this group. I'm trying really hard to lose the last 10 pounds I need to get rid of to get to a healthy weight and having problems. I love to cook, but I need to learn to cook healthier stuff. I used to be able to eat everything in sight and not gain an ounce, but since I hit 60, all I have to do is look at food and I gain. I'm hoping that having other people for support will help.
  • mbranch1711
    mbranch1711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Marcia. I am currently 204 and working on losing. I had a thought of giving up when I weighed this morning, then I thought to myself "No! I cannot give in that easily, I've just got to change something I am doing" . I am here to learn, to support, and hopefully receive support in return on our journey.
  • Promise2bfit
    Promise2bfit Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Promise. I have over 100 pounds to get rid of and never find again. Would like to participate in an active group with like minded people who know the struggle is real. Best wishes!
  • NSharma20
    NSharma20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋. My name is Nina. I am from North Carolina, USA. I have 70 lbs of overweight body fat which is dragging me to many risky health conditions like BP, diabetes, asthma. Doctors have warned me if I don’t lose weight I would have more problems in the coming years. Need something solid that really works. Tired of fad diets and diet pills. Nothing works. Please need help, motivation and guidance.
  • cheriesmithwallasey
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Cherie and I have about 7st (98lbs) to lose. I am finding it hard to eat my kcal intake. I average about 800 a day. Then I force myself to eat more. This makes me feel ill and I am usually sick. So even though I have eaten the kcal I haven't digested them. Any help would be so appreciated right now 😊.
    Thanks
    Cherie x
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Cherie and I have about 7st (98lbs) to lose. I am finding it hard to eat my kcal intake. I average about 800 a day. Then I force myself to eat more. This makes me feel ill and I am usually sick. So even though I have eaten the kcal I haven't digested them. Any help would be so appreciated right now 😊.
    Thanks
    Cherie x

I would examine your logging accuracy.

Because frankly - you didn't gain weight eating 1000 cal or below. So eating more is not an issue.

So you may be eating more than you are logging.
    Calories is per weight - grams, not cups, spoons, "about 1/3 package" ect.

Perhaps you have wholesale changed what you eat, and while eating more than you are logging because of inaccuracies, it may still be too little.
    Your body will stress over that and adapt - in bad ways.

Like many people cut out all fat, thinking that is what made them fat.
    There are essential fats that must come from diet, there are others that are very heart healthy, and there are other nutrients that require fat for absorption.

• latrice0126
    latrice0126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 45 years old mother of two ages 28 and18. I am also a program Director for a youth substance abuse residential facility, a wife and grandmother. Needless to say I give a lot to so many. Always putting myself last. Now that my baby is going to college, I realize how much I’ve neglected myself. I am trying hard to get my weight back under control. I think more importantly, my daughter has followed my bad eating habits. I want to gain skills to help her be healthy. I am 10 years postop from having a gastric sleeve surgery. 4 years ago I started regaining weight fast. I am pretty consistent with my workout plan. I now need to clean up our diets. Im trying to do the one thing I didn’t do when I had surgery. Im reaching out and joining a support community.
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'll be documenting my 2023 Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube Channel. I'd love to stay connected with my MFP Family there, too. I'll be posting weekly live weigh-ins, quick meal ideas, and the overall successes and challenges of the journey.
    My first live weigh in will be 02JAN2022. Please visit me there and tell a friend or two about my channel. Let's have a great 2023!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEoRBodmHvmBMSsQf0rPgxQ?sub_confirmation=1
    Will anyone else be documenting via YT? If so, please let me know your channel so I can follow you there, too!
  • thiessenleona
    thiessenleona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Lee, I’ve been on and off for several years, I loose but always gain back and usually more! I’m trying to just reduce calories and add exercise but only did that once I had changed my eating.
  • jerseychef2014
    jerseychef2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Finally putting my money where my mouth is… I’m 54 and a chef, and it’s damn hard to watch calories when I’m cooking and tasting food all day lol, so I’ve been pre packing my food. 50p25c25f, 1250/day… I’m 283 6’3”… need to lose 50 at least… trying to get used to this “eat more thing” , btw I also follow Ryan Fischer for his insights… now if I could just make the gym… 🤘🏻
  • mkye04
    mkye04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to group. My name is Ronda I am 192.2lbs. I need to learn how to eat more to lose weight. Looking for tips and pointers