Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    I apologize in advance .... With me suffering from migraines this entire week ... I need a few people to confirm their steps ... I somehow screwed up ..Thanks for understanding

@Pippin20206 I need you to confirm your steps 2/13-2/16
    @Beautyofdreams can you please confirm your steps 2/13- 2/16
    @Outdoorsy_Canadian can you please confirm your steps 2/13-2/16

Thank you very much :)

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/17
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    30 minutes treadmill 1.79 mi
    10 minutes treadmill 0.60 mi
    First treadmill is 3.5 mph, second is 3.6 mph

Will go back and look up exercise.
  • Beautyofdreams
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Above ecervise is for today, 02/18 not yesterday.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 218.4
    This is the result of not tracking. I need to get back into things mentally. February's Funk🤔
  • Beautyofdreams
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Guess it is 02/17 not 02/18

02/13 30 min. Snow shoveling light
    02:14 50 min. Strength moderate
    40 min. Stationary bike 4.2 mi
    02/15. 50 min. Strength moderate
    40 min stationary bike moderate hill
    02/16. 50 min. Strength moderate
    40 min. Treadmill 2.35 mi.
  • Beautyofdreams
    NSV . For me is finally looking in a mirror and seeing myself as I am instead of focusing on the loose skin and big middle. It has taken my brain almost a year to change my self identity to reflect reality.

I currently exercise mid mornings but when the weather gets better will strength train in the mornings and walk outside in the evenings.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 145
    CW: 144.4
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 I usually work out after work during the week and in the morning on weekends. I’m starting to add more exercise back in. Covid numbers have dropped so our state mask mandate was just lifted today. So I plan to go back to the gym on Monday!

Also. I did a thing. I signed up for a half marathon on Sept.4 with my hubby and sis in law. My husband has been sick for years off and on and had major surgery/several hospital stays at the end of 2021. He now has a permanent ileostomy but is doing AMAZING. So we are going to start training and have a triumphant September and return to health for him. I’m excited and hope he continues to do well.

I don’t know when I posted steps last so I’ll start at the beginning of this week @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/13 8,080
    2/14 8,996
    2/15 6,225
    2/16 4,145
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited February 2022
    jixgbfccpgc1.png

The hunger-fullness scale, from 1 to 10
    Intuitive eating is an increasingly popular alternative to diet culture, and the hunger-fullness scale is a key component of it. Also known as the hunger-satiety scale, the hunger-fullness scale can help you determine when you are actually hungry, when you're just eating to eat and when you're not eating enough. It can also help you figure out when to put the fork down so that you leave your meal feeling satisfied and not sluggish or sick.

"The hunger-fullness scale is a 1-10 scale that is used to rate your hunger and fullness levels, with 1 being painfully, ravenously hungry and 10 being beyond stuffed, so full that you feel sick. A 5 is considered neutral. This scale is an important tool for helping people recognize their hunger and fullness cues, which may sound easy but many of my clients struggle with," says Meredith Mishan, MS, a registered dietitian nutritionist.

10: Beyond stuffed. You're way too full and feel ill and nauseous.

9: Stuffed. You're full to the point of discomfort and may feel stomach pain.

8: Very full. You feel completely full or even a bit overfull, with no desire to eat more.

7: Moderately full. You feel comfortably full and satisfied.

6: Lightly full. You feel satisfied but could eat more (and will probably be hungry again within a couple of hours).

5: Neutral. You feel neither hungry nor full.

4: Lightly hungry. Hunger starts to set in. Your stomach may growl, and you have an appetite.

3: Moderately hungry. Your stomach growls more, and you start to feel uncomfortable, irritable or distracted.

2: Very hungry. You feel low-energy and weak. Your stomach may begin to hurt.

1: Starving. You're painfully hungry and very weak. You may experience dizziness, headache, inability to concentrate or fatigue.

Note that there are some different variations of this scale, some of which include a 0 for the strongest level of hunger. But the concept behind the scale is always the same: to measure the spectrum of hunger and fullness.

This is from part of an article I read earlier, on MSN.com. I found it interesting. Hopefully, below is the URL for the full article. Lee

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/are-you-actually-hangry-this-scale-will-help-you-tell/ar-AATK62b?ocid=msedgntp#image=23
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening.
    Check in for 2/17:
    Steps - 6861
    Calories - 1730
    Exercise - none. Slow walk to the store. Pretty lazy day.
    Made pomegranate molasses today. Interesting taste. I made a glaze with it and put it on meatballs. I found the recipe in the newspaper about a month ago.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 172 Member
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 324
    CW: 321
    This is my lowest in over a year and only 11 above my "pre-covid" weight. Huzzah! I am excited, grateful, and Motivated to keep plodding along.

• Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Steps 9291

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll look up my other steps tomorrow and repost for you. Thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Things are still incredibly busy here but I've been getting my exercise completed and I have stayed in my calorie range.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps for 2/16 7,034

I hope you all have an amazing day!

I am really impressed you haven’t let your exercise or eating change even though you are busy. It is so easy to let things slip when life gets busy. How are the knees?
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Username: 2BThinAgain5
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 185.2

I'm ok with this. I've not been very good this week at getting my steps in or journaling. Also had a little stress this week with a health issue. Everything is ok now - just getting through it was rough.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/13=12,084
    2/14=6450
    2/15=10,618
    2/16=8473
    2/17=4460

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm still trying to do this on a regular basis. If I do exercise, it's usually early evening - just after dinner.
  • @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/17
    Step count 11648
  • lindamtuck2018
    @888Angie888
    You can get back on track. Set a goal or two and work on those until you are ready to add more. Have you thought of rejoining the step challenge to help you meet your step goal each week?

@Beautyofdreams
    That’s a great NSV!

@Bluetail6
    Nice loss! Very interesting article. Intuitive eating is something I would like to try eventually. I really like the part about watching a child eat. It is so true. When I was a kid, we had to eat everything on our plate before we could leave the table. I wonder if this contributes to not being able to determine our level of hunger as an adult.

@rwood566
    Your meatball glaze sounds interesting. I am not a fan of molasses even though I come a place that everyone eats molasses and bread.

@aneedlecraft
    Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Username: 2BThinAgain5
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 185.2

I'm ok with this. I've not been very good this week at getting my steps in or journaling. Also had a little stress this week with a health issue. Everything is ok now - just getting through it was rough.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/13=12,084
    2/14=6450
    2/15=10,618
    2/16=8473
    2/17=4460

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm still trying to do this on a regular basis. If I do exercise, it's usually early evening - just after dinner.

I am glad your health issue as improved. Stress makes weight loss difficult. I hope your coming week is better for you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅Close Rings
    ❌Steps 5,225
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 800 laps: 440/800

Pleased with my weigh in today. Now to keep the momentum going. I am off to the pool soon. Today I am planning on laps, legs, cardio and abs.

Happy FriYAY!
This discussion has been closed.