Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Anyone like to share a NSV?

My NSV is that I have stayed on track with keto and meal prepping even with headaches /migraines :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 136.9
    CW: 138.7

So sad. Had gotten down to 135 on Thursday and Friday. Weight jumped up after eating steak for 2 days followed by a high carb over indulgence Sunday and Monday. Am coming to the conclusion that my body is fighting to stay above 135. But it did that at 145 too so will keep at it. Would like to be there by my 2nd anniversary of this health journey on March 8.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/16
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    40 minutes treadmill 1 degree incline 3.4 mph
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    5 minute beer bread
    3 cups self rising flour
    3 tablespoons sugar
    12 ounce medium dark beer at room temp

Heat oven to 350F
    Grease a loaf pan

In a large bowl mix flour and sugar.
    Slowly add the beer and mix until smooth.
    Place in pan and bake in center of oven about 50 minutes.
    Remove from oven and remove from pan. Cool on rack.

The crust will be hard the first day and then soften slightly.
    The recipe scales down easily for another loaf using any remaining beer. Just reduce time by a few minutes.
    I am trying to get the picture to post but am having a hard time, as usual.
    I wanted to try the munkfruit instead of sugar but am hesitant to spend 10 bucks on a box. Sorry.
  • rwood566
    Options

Today I did a 2 mile walk each way to an army/navy surplus store and bought a navy belt and buckle. I haven't been thin enough to wear it since 1995.
  • rwood566
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! Here's my weigh-in:

PW: 160.7
    CW: 159 (-1.7)
    SW: 250

I can't believe it! I'm finally in the "healthy" BMI range - and - just 9 pounds until I reach my goal weight! I think I'm going to cry - I'm so happy!

Steps for 2/15: 7,828

I hope you all have a great day!!

Huge congrats on your BMI. Rock it to your goal.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening all. Another Wednesday in the books. Have a good Friday eve.
    Check in for 2/16:
    Steps - 12497
    Calories - 1613. I was hungry but saw it was 1030 so I put the cookie down. Will wait for morning.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 10 machines and 10 minutes bike. Moderate level. 4.3 mile walk inthe afternoon.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Thank you for the recipe!!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I'll check in tomorrow (later today) and catch up. Thought I was ready to wind down, but Kitty (cat) is being quite talkative, lol. That means she wants more food. Lucky girl. The kitchen is closed for me!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 8028
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options

Mine is I have been closing my exercise ring even on days I can’t get to the pool. It may take quite a few mini walks but I get it done.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

My NSV is that I have stayed on track with keto and meal prepping even with headaches /migraines :)

Nice! Feel better soon!

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 136.9
    CW: 138.7

So sad. Had gotten down to 135 on Thursday and Friday. Weight jumped up after eating steak for 2 days followed by a high carb over indulgence Sunday and Monday. Am coming to the conclusion that my body is fighting to stay above 135. But it did that at 145 too so will keep at it. Would like to be there by my 2nd anniversary of this health journey on March 8.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    02/16
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    40 minutes treadmill 1 degree incline 3.4 mph

It’s funny how our bodies work. March 8th is 2.5 weeks away so I know you can do it. At 135 pounds how much will your loss to date be?

jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 237.8
    CW 235

Awesome loss!
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Another Wednesday in the books. Have a good Friday eve.
    Check in for 2/16:
    Steps - 12497
    Calories - 1613. I was hungry but saw it was 1030 so I put the cookie down. Will wait for morning.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 10 machines and 10 minutes bike. Moderate level. 4.3 mile walk inthe afternoon.

Nice steps! That’s a great exercise day! Very good willpower putting the cookie down. Love your NSV!

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I'll check in tomorrow (later today) and catch up. Thought I was ready to wind down, but Kitty (cat) is being quite talkative, lol. That means she wants more food. Lucky girl. The kitchen is closed for me!!

If your cat is anything like mine when he starts talking we better respond right away. 😂
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 11,349
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 800 laps: 440/800

No swimming today! We are going to have an ice storm followed by a snowstorm so schools switch to remote learning. My 9 year old granddaughter will be here shortly so I can supervise her school day. I aim to get at least 20 minutes of mini walks. That leaves be 7 days to meet my 800 lap goal. I am going to try my best but will be tough. I will not beat myself up if I don’t make as I lost 7 pool days this month due to reasons that were out of my control.

Happy Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

What time of day do you work out? If you work out close to bed does it affect your sleep?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/16
    Step count 12,255

My NSV I’ve gotten my steps above 10k 3 days this week by adding an extra walk in the afternoon and I had to go down a pant size!

As for Linda’s question today, now that I am retired I exercise in late morning and early afternoon, but when I worked I exercised after work either before or after dinner depending on my work schedule. It did give me a boost of energy at night but didn’t affect my sleep as I was usually so tired from the long day.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Question

What time of day do you work out? If you work out close to bed does it affect your sleep?

@lindamtuck2018 I try to workout first thing in the morning - but sometimes I will exercise in the evenings - it doesn't affect my sleep.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Things are still incredibly busy here but I've been getting my exercise completed and I have stayed in my calorie range.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps for 2/16 7,034

I hope you all have an amazing day!
  • rwood566
    Options
    Question

I like to do my walking in the mornings and my gym mostly in the mornings unless my daughter gets off work early and we go right after dinner.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Question

When I was working out we would be walking at 6am but with my foot and my migraines I just walk around my house and get steps ... I am really missing my outside walks with my daughter and husky... I am hoping I can start back in March or April
This discussion has been closed.