Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm about 35 minutes west of Lansing. I love being an hour from GR area - favorite place to be in the summer is Lake Michigan at the beach.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Favorite kitchen gadget currently is my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven. It's an air fryer/oven/toaster oven. Works great for small batches when I don't want to use my full size oven and toasts wonderfully. I'm thinking of getting rid of my traditional toaster since I don't even use it anymore and it's just taking up space.

Steps 2/7 = 1967 :/

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    f4mn5rlsgcgw.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for February week 1... If I do not have them by the evening of 2/8/22 ...I will have to zero them out ...Thanks for understanding :)

@tahm42 1/30 - 2/5
    @MeowScout 1/30 - 2/5
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Strength training 45 minutes moderate
    Elliptical 33 minutes 4.02 miles

So happy that weights are increasing on squat and bench press and some isolation exercises. Hoping to get back to where I was before stopped exercing last March.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    What is everyone's favorite kitchen gadget that they use the most? I have to say mine is my new instant pot ... I was terrified of it at 1st since I have never used a pressure cooker before ...but I am in love with it now ... I made pulled pork with a keto bbq sauce last night for dinner ... It was done in an hour and so moist and and juicy ... I use to make it in the crockpot that took all day long ...I have a crock button on my instant pot but have not used it ... I have made hard boiled eggs in it .... starbucks copycat egg bites and many other things ... I have to admit I am a kitchen gadget queen ... I can spend hours in a kitchen store :p

@Megan_smartiepants1970, I LOVE my instant pot! You know, I was never much for gadgets, then my parents sent me the instant pot a couple of years ago and WOWZA! It's pretty amazing for meats and stews and soups and chilis. We get a cow share from a friend and I can put a hard frozen roast in there and it's done in an hour. Incredible. Then about a year after the instant pot came the air fryer, again I thought, "What am I going to do with this?" Well, after several years of almost daily use I upgraded that recently as well. With it just being me or me and my husband here, it's pretty much replaced my oven.
    JodiSW wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    1/30 - 7,327
    1/31 - 11,553
    1/1 - 1,575 (Day after being food poisoned...I pretty much laid on the couch all day)
    1/2 - 10,193
    1/3 - 11,021
    1/4 - 5,333
    1/5 - 4,077
    1/6 - 2,195

Friends, it has been such a challenging week. Then on Friday, my BED just took me...all weekend. I think it's related to eating a lot of bread and noodles on Wednesday and Thursday of last week (after being food poisoned on Monday). I woke up this morning feeling terrible, mentally and physically. I hopped on the scale and have gained 4 pounds over my Friday weigh-in. I know it's fluids but, ugh. However, more than the weight gain, is the terrible feeling of being out of control. :(

Time to breathe deep, pause, and get my head on straight.

With the BED we have to take it moment by moment. What are some of the strategies you have you used in the past? For me, reducing stress is a big one. One thing my therapist said to me is to be gentle and forgive myself when I do have a binge. It is so easy to beat ourselves up but a little forgiveness goes a long way. We are always here to bounce things off. Take it one moment at a time.

@lindamtuck2018 thanks for the support. Yes, the stress is a killer - and I had no desire to engage in all of the things that have helped in the past. I didn't want to meditate or practice anything over the weekend, or exercise, all of which I know help. I even thought about just abandoning this group, like all my effort was irrevocably ruined somehow. But yesterday I posted here and then took it easy on myself, mentally, and focused on just cleaning up my eating. Today, I'm getting my water back on track and you're right, it's moment by moment, day by day. That was the first multi-day binge that I've had in months, probably since the summer. It's great to be able to process it here.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/30-4397
    1/31-6329
    2/1-6498
    2/2-8571
    2/3-9908
    2/4-9748
    2/5-7322
    Sorry I've been away.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Tahm42
    Monday
    Pw216
    Cw216
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    So I decided to buy another British Bulldog puppy last Thursday and put down a deposit, she's only 2 weeks at the moment so I'm not announcing it to anyone we know yet. But since they are hugely expensive I make a decision that I would quit smoking and the money I save will help me to pay for the puppy. So I had my last smoke on Thurs night. The main thing I'm missing is the habit of going out for a break and some me time, just trying to stop the internal voice that just automatically says "I'll go out for a smoke now". I haven't told my partner, I want to surprise him in a month or so when I've got some money saved up.

At work since I'm used to having a little break by having a smoke instead I'm getting up and going for a quick walk around the block which is really helping my steps. My eating hasn't been the best though, seeing some bad snacking and food choices starting to creep in and combined with that time of the month I'm definitely carrying a bit more weight. Want to get motivated to get back on track and start seeing the results again.

Really struggling to find low cal, low fat tasty snacks that I can easily pack for work. Getting a bit bored with my current routine and need to mix it up to keep myself motivated, so anyone with more sites for easy low cal snacks I'd love to see your links.

I am keto and have a fatty liver .... but since going back on keto I am not having any issues ... YAY!!
    here is are my favorite sites that I use often .... ibreatheimhungry.com wholesomeyum.com ketopots.com and of course pinterest.com
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Morning guys and gals just a little check in, hope your all ok...so far so good been sticking to it since Saturday I am hoping I am back on track now:
    weigh in is ok small loss next week hope to smash it
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 238.4
    CW 237.8
  • Maejestique
    Maejestique Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Yes definitely! Have shifted every things here but still unpacking going on..
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 9418

@Megan_smartiepants1970 thanks for the links I'll check them out
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/8
    Step count 9649
This discussion has been closed.