Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Question

Who is interested and will participate in some team challenges in the upcoming weeks?
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/6- 6477
    2/7- 7168
    2/8- 4745
    2/9- 6135
    2/10- 12394
    2/11- 9885
    2/12- 11605
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Question

Who is interested and will participate in some team challenges in the upcoming weeks?

@lindamtuck2018 I will!
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Question

I will!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps for 2/14: 9,631
  • lindamtuck2018
    To any Apple Watch users:

According to my Apple Watch I have done 62 minutes of exercise. Of that. 51 minutes is my exercise in the pool. The other 11 minutes I guess is activity I did today the is equivalent to a brisk walk ie. walking to the pool, heavier housework. Why does only the 51 pool minutes sync with MFP?
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Question

I will I need to be accountable!
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Username: jsscottjr1988
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Pw: 184.6
    Cw: 187.6
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    I actually even "demanded" a free year of Premium from MFP. I absolutely don't expect anything like that; however, it felt good to ask for it... And this was week 2. I just don't use my phone for MFP all that much. You see, I'm more of a mad snacker than a mad texter!! 🤣

A few weeks ago, I changed my activity level in MFP from sedentary. Before I did that, I was able to rack up more calories burned for my exercise minutes/intensity. Now, it is more accurate for me, imho, with respect to calories burned for the exercise minutes. It took a minute to get used to it. Before I changed my MFP activity level, I would see my Garmin racking up copious amounts of calories burned... Which would closely tie to the MFP number. Now, the calorie burn is more in line with my actual activity level.

I love that you keep music in the background while you sleep!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening.
    Check in for 1/15:
    Steps - 8005. Another trip to ikea and shopping. We are trying to replace an old desk that is used for storage. Can't seem to make up my mind.
    Calories - 1915 or close. High for me.
    Exercise - shopping. Wanted to do a walk but it rained for the first time this year. So much for it being the rainy season.

@Bluetail6 thank you for saying you changed that setting. I may need to do that even though I sit on my can if I am not exercising.
    I hit a new decade today. 229.8. Looking back I have lost 5 lbs in 7 days. WTH!! Time for me to figure this our quickly. I should be slowing down, not speeding up.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @rwood566
    It did take a little getting used to. I do love it now. If I sit on my keester... Then get a bunch of exercise all at once (Tuesday...), it (calorie burn) isn't nearly as much as it would have been if I were still set to sedentary and working out. For instance, today, I had 15 mins of moderate exercise, 138 mins of vigorous exercise, for a total of 153 minutes. Because I was sitting way more than usual, and not a lot of total movement other than focused treadmill and the last several flights of stairs to meet my minimum, it got translated by MFP as just over 400 calories burned. Before the MFP translation, my Garmin had me humming along at well over 600 calories burned. The tradeoff is it is more accurate for me. I say give it a try. I don't know where you are with respect to a normal weight range for your height, but you may need to play around with it and calories to see the change you want. I'm not at goal, just in a funky holding pattern. I don't want to cut calories too much, but I want to lose the last 15 lbs. or so. I suppose it would help, if I hadn't gone over calories the last 3 days... It wasn't by a lot; but it was still over.

Wow, I am trying to catch up on posts. I saw your post about getting hit by a car... I am so very glad you are OK. And you said it isn't the first time it happened...😳. I have been splashed many times by rude motorists while walking, never hit.

Oh, yeah, would you mind posting that photo with the 3-ingredient bread, along with the recipe? It was during the Bingo game last month. I ordered online some self-rising whole wheat flour that arrived today!! I have a warm Guiness waiting to be used, lol.

Congrats on the new decade!! You, my friend, are a hero to all. Lee 😁

P.S. Sorry for the novel!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Steps 7000 right on the target tonight
  • lindamtuck2018
    Username: jsscottjr1988
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Pw: 184.6
    Cw: 187.6

Thanks for posting! How was your week?

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    I actually even "demanded" a free year of Premium from MFP. I absolutely don't expect anything like that; however, it felt good to ask for it... And this was week 2. I just don't use my phone for MFP all that much. You see, I'm more of a mad snacker than a mad texter!! 🤣

A few weeks ago, I changed my activity level in MFP from sedentary. Before I did that, I was able to rack up more calories burned for my exercise minutes/intensity. Now, it is more accurate for me, imho, with respect to calories burned for the exercise minutes. It took a minute to get used to it. Before I changed my MFP activity level, I would see my Garmin racking up copious amounts of calories burned... Which would closely tie to the MFP number. Now, the calorie burn is more in line with my actual activity level.

I love that you keep music in the background while you sleep!!

I never know what to set my level. It’s at sedentary now. Besides exercise, I don’t move a lot except around the apartment. I am a real homebody. My steps before exercise the last three days are over 6300 each day. I guess I move more than I think.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening.
    Check in for 1/15:
    Steps - 8005. Another trip to ikea and shopping. We are trying to replace an old desk that is used for storage. Can't seem to make up my mind.
    Calories - 1915 or close. High for me.
    Exercise - shopping. Wanted to do a walk but it rained for the first time this year. So much for it being the rainy season.

@Bluetail6 thank you for saying you changed that setting. I may need to do that even though I sit on my can if I am not exercising.
    I hit a new decade today. 229.8. Looking back I have lost 5 lbs in 7 days. WTH!! Time for me to figure this our quickly. I should be slowing down, not speeding up.

I really got to get on a road trip and go to ikea. I think it is close to 3 hours from where I live. Congrats on the new decade. Might be a whoosh and things will slow down.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! Here's my weigh-in:

PW: 160.7
    CW: 159 (-1.7)
    SW: 250

I can't believe it! I'm finally in the "healthy" BMI range - and - just 9 pounds until I reach my goal weight! I think I'm going to cry - I'm so happy!

Steps for 2/15: 7,828

I hope you all have a great day!!

Awesome! Welcome to the 50’s! I think it is a fun decade! Your determination is an inspiration to us all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Anyone like to share a NSV?
  • @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/15
    Step count 11,226
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    fku9t4pt9p1c.jpg

February Week 2 Results:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 106,175 steps