Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,144 Member
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 30 with a high of 43 and rainy today. I AM: I am certain that today will be wonderful. Action for Happiness: Tune in to your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. Fitness quote for today: A goal without a plan is just a wish.~~healthyfitmantras Motivational quote for today: When your anxiousness about not being good enough starts to overwhelm you, take a deep breath and remember just how amazing you are.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,508 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is modified for at home Leg Day after breakfast.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! It is going to be a great day here. It is already above Zero.

@kaliswalker I checked out he link you sent for the archived
    wordle game. Wow a rabbit hole I could go down and not come back up. Going to have to limit myself.

• ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm so excited for Spring and for a fresh start!! I took a little time off since last challenge. I've had so many health challenges and a few health scares since the start of this year, but looking forward to moving past them! While I'm excited for the new challenge to start, I've already started! Any day and every day can be a new beginning!! This is the best challenge team!! I'm so appreciative to our leaders that this has continued from Sparkpeople to MFP!! ♥️♥️

Have a great day!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    have a great day, everyone! it is a cool, cloudy and mostly rainy day here today. take care and stay safe.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,912 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP - I was hoping that you new the name of the little white flower (second picture) as I have some in my little garden along the side of the house and have never know what they were. Maybe someone else with a green thumb knows? I am so NOT a gardener!

@majork29 - Yup I fell down that rabbit hole too! Between that and the quordle practice, I could spend WAY too much time exercising my brain instead of my body - which is what I need to go do RIGHT now. I slept in a bit this morning so have yet to get that much needed body exercise done. My brain's already well ahead! 😀
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 For most of my life I lived near some body of water - ocean, lake, river - and I was born next to the Mississippi River! Only for the years when I lived in Arizona did I feel land-locked, and I was! I've even spent over 30 years living on an island, which I love! Kodiak, Alaska, Guam, and now on the Big Island of Hawaii. (Would Rhode Island count?? LOL) I can always see the ocean and a short walk away is one of our boat harbors. When the surf is really up, it can actually wake me up in the middle of the night, but I hear it all the time. I lived on my 37' sailboat for about 5 years and I loved it - my own private island, I guess :)
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my team, but I have friends on the other teams who might be interested in this, too.
    My self-help book is out! It has been up as an e-book for a few years but most of my clients wanted something they could hold and write in. It's a "self-help" for personal growth, something we all seem to want - and the fables are fun to read. This link takes you to a picture of the book, but it's also available on Barnes & Noble or Amazon, although they don't have an image of the cover yet.
    https://store.bookbaby.com/book/feral-fables
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is cold and rainy. Son had his orthodontics appointment @ 9 am. The day has been off ever since we left. Calories are sooooo off. Tomorrow will be way better. Got my minimal exercise done. Tomorrow will be better. I WILL NOT SABOTAGE MYSELF! The rest of the week will be better as I have no appointments to throw a wrench in my plans. Still waiting the results of my 3rd exam. Hopefully this weekend.
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @bookieNJ I have 3 loads to fold, and one more to wash.
  • hayds342
    hayds342 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue those white flowers look like Hyacinthus orientalis albulus.

Really nice to feel the buzz of excitement building here. It's our early Autumn in New Zealand so your spring fever will keep a spring in my step.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,012 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    HI ALL!! I had company over today, one of them hasn't been out since Covid, she's a cancer survivor of so many treatments I've lost track!! But, her laughter is infectious which is the GOOD kind of infection! Years ago all of my friends totally agreed with what my Mom had said when I was a teen "Diane, you HAD marry RICH because you can't cook and you HATE to clean!" LOL Those have been true right up til Covid!! Well I've been sick with a few things since that time. So I've been learning to cook. Today I made burgers in the air fryer,, the same as I would for meatloaf, (to be healthier you can use half turkey or chicken and half beef) since the air fryer puts the fat away from the meat, I use 80% Since it tastes better and is more moisture to it) bread crumbs, an egg, mustard (I am low salt so all of my choices are loso options, but of course you can use what you wish including sugar free on many things) ketchup, garlic powder (if you are also lowso ,,, that needs to be tripled checked they did not add sodium etc) onion powder,, here are the 2 ingredients I add which kick it up! BBQ Sauce (mine loso ,,,and I can also make it with barely any sodium) and Italian Herbs! Those 2 things really kick it up! YUMMY!! I very low cal this AM and will again soon tonight, and no snacks. So it was a very fun time we had, they were here for 4 hours. LOL I had thought 90 mins to 2 hours. Nah, we had to much fun. I hope your day was also fun, or bearable and if not, it can become as such, even briefly.
    @sunrisedancer1 ,, Awww THANKS!! It's not at all easy when the feet are hard to fit!! My right foot is a size 5, the left foot an 8.5. This is the first time in an eon of time I've worn the same size shoes,,,, I really prefer to have them different sizes, but now a days most places make me buy TWO PAIRS of shoes, and well these are not cheap and it just makes me so angry I REFUSE to buy 2!! YO!! They used to just charge a restocking fee, I was fine with that. My foot Dr had ordered and I got a piece I put in the left side so my foot doesn't slide up. I'm so sorry you go through a rough time finding shoes! Once I find a company that the sizing is true to size, I am okay with that!
    @Marg750me ,,,, So sorry Rose sounds draining? So glad you are here with us.
    @Patti241,, OH YO!! 70???!!! YO YO YO!! Today we hit 49! LOL hmmm Monday it'll be 30! Tomorrow RAIN ALL day on and off, I do need to go out for a Dr appointment and 2 errands. Fri I do NOT plan on going out at ALL!! Saturday is taken ,, I'll be busy all day and so tired, but I'll do what I can. BUT NEXT WEEK WOOHOO VACATION for a few days!! YEAH!! Thankfully I have a KITTY SITTER!!
    @Majork29,, LOL I GO OFTEN down the rabbit hole!! Maybe we'll see each other down there! I LOVE Wordle!!
    @Sunrisedancer1,,,,
    @ForeverFitNHealthy ,, WELCOME BACK!!! You are so correct any day is a new start for us. I sure hope you were able to get the help you need(ed) with your health issues. YW from the leaders, you all make it worth ALL of our effort ,, it's fun to be a leader if any of you are even considering this, please let @Ceriusly1 know.
    @Lavalily ,, SO COOL!! The water is so soothing. I am sitting here watching the planes fly into Portland, since first go over the water before landing (Well on this flight pattern and usually more so as it goes past 4 AM. So glad you get to also enjoy it.
    @Kaliswalker,, Awww Rebel is so very very cute though!! LOL each animal is as different than we are. Did feeding her at the bottom of the park help? Izzy will do almost anything for a snack. When I see it's going to rain most of the day or part of the day, the day before I write down what it is I want to clean and get all shiny etc. etc. That in itself is quite the motivation for me. I also do a checklist and make it very reasonable to have the sink and toilet done in 20 mins (they're always clean ,, before being ill maybe 5 mins to shine them up, now about 12, but I put down 20 just cause it's a GREAT feeling to get it done quicker (LOL) the list is as long as I can handle it. Some days I can do a lot, other days not much. But I LOVE that CHECKING THINGS OFF!
    @Cseguin2,,, Sure hope all went well for S with his. Can you bring a snack or meal with you on days of multiple appointments? If S still wants fast food, are there any parks near by you can both enjoy? Or even in the car? Weirdly I enjoy eating in the car now. Well, I always ha ve. WTG on not allowing a day to take away all the upcoming days!! LOVE that attitude!
    @Suefromri,, HI Sue!! Hey MISS YA Kiddo!! I have a small load,,, sneaking it into Sue's since she has so many what are a few more?
    @hayds342 ,,, Sure hope you all get some rain, snow, but not to much as the Fall springs upon you!! We are still pretty cold out in Maine, and can still get a blizzard. This time of year it'll melt fast, and yes I LOVE SNOW!!
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    @marg750me hope you had a good sleep.

@Patti241 50F with a light rain today

@macrat12 How did you develop your exercise plan?

@majork29 When I get into Wordle or something, I think what should I be doing with this time... I can justify it haha.

@ForeverFitNHealthy you are so right... Day 1 can be any day your choose to get started.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Today was running back and forth then sat after picking CJ up 3 Rose 2 Gay phone calls. Home early 635 did a little this n that played a few hands of hearts now doing check ins. I will now for sure for awhile be taking Shirley to dialysis by 6am tuesday and thursday’s. home fed Bella the off to Jen’s by 655am.

It is raining here and will be until tomorrow afternoon late
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,912 Member
    Options
    hayds342 wrote: »
    @Retired_Sue those white flowers look like Hyacinthus orientalis albulus.

Really nice to feel the buzz of excitement building here. It's our early Autumn in New Zealand so your spring fever will keep a spring in my step.

Thanks so much. They are such a pretty flower - a bit early yet for mine to appear but they're one of the first to be show up in the spring.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 622 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    A new day to reach your goals for this day.

@CSEGUIN2
    I can so appreciate the renewed excitement that comes with a new Fitbit.

I have had a Samsung Gear 2 watch since 2015. I loved it! I have learned how to recharge it daily during some my down time (Boggle, Wordle, reading or TV). Little did I realize, the loss of 3G would be it's demise. On Monday, I had my phone shop prep my new Samsung Watch 4 that just arrived to my home. So thrilled! And yet still learning. Best news? I've rejuvenated a desire to hit my daily target steps again. Happy, happy!

Today, i found myself somewhat power walking in a rather large space senior center space with just a few of us remaining, when Dan asked, "Where's your watch?" (Oops?!$? - left on the home charger). Shucks! I guess I need a 14-day period to instill a healthy, working habit. Also looking to find a setting that checks my pulse during workouts and hourly (not every 10 minutes). New batteries are such a blessing!

Imagine my best friend's shock when I answered her call on my watch saying, "Let me find out where my phone is at." I love the added features, a bit like good insurance in case I need to text or call someone when I'm without my phone.

Hug, hug!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is cold and rainy. Son had his orthodontics appointment @ 9 am. The day has been off ever since we left. Calories are sooooo off. Tomorrow will be way better. Got my minimal exercise done. Tomorrow will be better. I WILL NOT SABOTAGE MYSELF! The rest of the week will be better as I have no appointments to throw a wrench in my plans. Still waiting the results of my 3rd exam. Hopefully this weekend.

Appointments are always a nuisance. I’ve one with mum today Thursday at 130 pm. Question is will it be on time? How long will it take. Middle of the day means you can’t do anything much before or after it. But if the outcome is an improvement that will be a great help
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    kaliswalker: We had rain off and on all day with thunder and lightning.
  • Patricia1CR
    Patricia1CR Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌞
    Any idea of the starting date?
    Thank you very much 🌷
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,144 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker my training plan comes from the 1st Phorm My TransPHORMation app it's one of many on the app but the one that I like the best because it's weight lifting or (bro-lifting) style.

It's 37 feels like 32 with a high of 48 for today. I AM: I wake up feeling grateful for this life and full of joy. Action for Happiness: Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do. Fitness quote for today: Challenge your negative thoughts with positive ones.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Enjoy your power this week. Move forward, heal, and reclaim your magic.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,005 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is modified for at home Shoulders/Chest after dinner.