Replies

• Paigemc89
    Paigemc89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going on an evening walk
  • coFfeeCrumbLePH
    coFfeeCrumbLePH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm stressed or just craving some junk food, I look forward to meeting up with friends for some good talk and good laughs. It makes me forget about food and my cravings. I also like to just sleep it off or watch some videos until I become sleepy.
  • shelly8859
    shelly8859 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have bought so many pairs of boots this winter, I need an extension to my closet. That was from Job Stress, so now that I am changing my mindset and going through some serious withdrawals from Sugar, I am not exactly sure what I will do... wish it was cleaning.
  • cabloses2022
    cabloses2022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love playing with my dogs as an alternative. I like shopping for clothes-now that I am not as big as I used to be. I binge watch TLC, Food Network, Tastemade, Game Network, etc. I love going to the movies with my bestie-we are Regal Cinema members and can go as often as we like. And I love listening to gospel music which makes me feel close to God who is most important to me. All of these things help me to get my mind off of food when I'm not hungry.
  • Williamsdoris735
    Options
    I really enjoy shopping, but someone told me I was trading one addiction for another. Now I have to find something else that makes me feel as happy.
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i am going to write
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am reteaching myself to knit-- making a basic scarf
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Reading, walking the dog
  • ginanway557
    ginanway557 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • ginanway557
    ginanway557 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Paint a rock. Hide in park for someone to find.
  • chuckees130
    chuckees130 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BUYING SMALLER CLOTHES!!!! :love: This the best reward I could ever give myself. :flowerforyou:

Me too.
  • chuckees130
    chuckees130 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to make friends on here?
  • TrailRider53
    TrailRider53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work at a family business which is so stressful with extremely long hours. I am emotionally and physically drained everyday. I come home exhausted grab food sit on the couch to eat it then wind up eating myself to sleep. I just bought a kindle so I'm going to try getting dinner at work at 5 then reading myself to sleep instead of eating myself to sleep.

I feel for you! I started back to teaching this year after many years off raising our daughter, and it has worn me out! I would get up at 4:00 AM and not return home until 6:00... or later! I ate my way through most of this year! I THINK next year will be easier. I am so grateful for my summer off!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Lots of great ideas in this thread. I was also inspired by this post, "177 Healthy Ways to Reward Yourself (Without Food)": https://healthyhappyimpactful.com/ways-reward-yourself-without-food/
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love all these ideas... I do try to check in, am I thirsty? Am I bored? How long has it been since I've eaten a meal? Then I try to have a talk with myself - "don't do something you'll regret later", or remember how you'll feel after you indulge in something not healthy, i.e. stomach ache, guilt, etc.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sports 🥰 I roller skate and ice skate. Also, please add me as a friend
  • obstacle_overcomer
    obstacle_overcomer Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to:
    1. Buy myself a new art book/supplies.
    2. Buy myself a new article of clothing.
    3. Buy myself a ticket to an amusement park.
    4. Buy a counted cross stitch kit to do.
    5. Buy penpal related supplies.
    6. Journal my goal.
  • rupashreega
    rupashreega Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I loved this post. many great ideas to stop binge eating.
    could u also repost recent ideas which worked in these years. I see the posts are an year old....
    it would help a lot.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Getting my act together and making a plan.
    It’s usually a good place for me.
    Getting on top of the weeds. I like a tidy garden.
    Making a to do list with a time frame.
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like to treat myself with a new type of tea bags since I enjoy hot tea or a bottle of nail polish and then I'll give myself a manicure. For big milestones I like to sometimes splurge on some fancy moisturizing face masks and have a spa day at home.