Share your Numbers

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Fabulous losing @Dante_80 🤩
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,701 Member
    Dante you're a marvel and an inspiration!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    I hope someday Dante will share a little more about his amazing transformation!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Apr 30 2022 Weight 214.8 lbs

LW 5/6 213.4 lbs
    CW 5/7 212.2 lbs
    Loss 1.2 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 46.4 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 64.6 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 9.2 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 43.2 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 67.2 lbs
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,701 Member
    For the first time in my entire life, I've lost weight this week without either trying or intending to.

I thought I was chugging along nicely at 'maintenance pushing down'... i.e losing maybe 0.5 - 1.0 lb per month...but then this happened - a 0.6kg loss on trend weight (0.8kg on scale weight):

x18ttwzekt2z.png

Because the weather has been so lovely I've done lots of cycling this week - about 220kms - as well as my usual 15000+ daily steps; clearly I underestimated the calorie burn (odd because I use power meters on all my bikes). I thought I was eating back all my extra exercise calories because I've eaten around 2600 cals/day according to Cronometer - but this level of loss would suggest I'm burning around 3300-3500 cals a day. This seems a little excessive, so maybe I'm overdue a rebound uptick.

I'll report back next Saturday if I manage a successful course correction....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Well done, steady ABD!

Good going splatty! Err... I mean Garfield! :lol:

Just remember that bodies are weird and don't overthink things... just neutral outlook and observe the experiment. Also results are trailing. Which means the inflection points are there... but after the fact.

If feeding the garfield an appropriate extra amount leads to splatt... all good. Well... all good till we start looking for garfield with a microscope... at which point we may have to go into emergency reverse and just drink cream frappuccinos and cadbury eggs with baked scones all day long!!!

Is there some complicated super math formula super duper accountant peops would know about where you aim for 3/4 of the visible difference to probe for a correction without overshoot?

Also: explain this to me? I've just spent two days overfeeding and doing diddly *kitten* other than driving a good chunk of the day. Yes, scales at two locations are different iterations of the same model of the same brand. But they're pretty dang close after some magical voodoo to correct for local gravitational anomalies.

So how come I just jumped on the scale and it was a lb+ lower than it was when I left before the two days of over-eating?!?!?!?! And I mean we KNOW there was over-eating. You know the little soft belly fat thingy before a whoosh? Soft and squishy when losing, hard and full when gaining? Wuz soft and squishy. Is definitely harder and fuller... yet weight is down!

Just saying. BODIES! That's why averages are good!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    What a tremendous number you are approaching, Dante. Amazing accomplishment.
  • PAV8888
    We were discussing privately yesterday with a friend whether a well known comedian's soup "jokes" would survive in today's environment and how they're even allowed to take place in reruns. But I'm thinking of your relatives Dante, especially if they're from New York, and a refrain is going in my brain about "no lamb for you"

Greek bunny feasting 🐇🐰 (βλήτα, φασολάδα, μπριάμ, σαλάτα, χωρίς φέτα και χωρίς λάδι--άντε και χωρίς ψωμί!!!! 🤯🙀🥺 🤣🐹😂😹)
  • lauriekallis
    I just ran that through a translator, PAV, and it doesn't sound so very exciting!
  • PAV8888
    I just ran that through a translator, PAV, and it doesn't sound so very exciting!

maybe add some boiled κολοκύθια.... that would be courgettes for the BRITISH (though I am sure in Quebec they would just call them zucchini :lol: )
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2022

Everything PAV wrote is actually delicious (provided you do use feta and olive oil), especially Μπριάμ!! I think you'd love it laurie, it's right up your alley (it's essentially a Greek version of vegetable Caponata, albeit even tastier) !

USp1fQI.jpg

• PAV8888
    Haven't made any in years, but I'm getting the urge!!!🐹😹
  • lauriekallis
    Wow - it looks amazing! I only intended to question PAVs "without feta or olive oil"
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Height: 5'9 / Age: 39

Highest Weight (May 22 2019): 276.8 lbs
    Started MFP for the 3rd time Oct 27 2021
    Oct 31 2021 Weight 258.6 lbs
    Apr 30 2022 Weight 214.8 lbs

LW 5/7 212.2 lbs
    CW 5/19 211.4 lbs
    Loss 0.8 pounds

Loss from 10/31/21 = 47.2 lbs
    Loss from 5/22/19 = 65.4 lbs

Overweight BMI (203 lbs) lose 8.4 lbs
    Healthy BMI (169 lbs) lose 42.4 lbs
    Goal (145 lbs) lose 66.4 lbs
  • lauriekallis
    I haven't posted numbers in awhile because they have not felt worthy...but it has been a good couple of weeks. I'm going to try, in future, to post my numbers every Thursday or Friday - good or not so good - to better keep me in the game. Today, as a last ditch effort to feel positive from a few weeks of good work, I thought I would measure my waist. That was good news!

May 19
    Height 175 cm
    GW 75 kg
    Waist 90 cm (down 2 cm from 92cm on Apr 7)
    Weight 91.5 kg (down 3.6 from 95.1 on May 4)
  • PAV8888
    Awesome work ABD
  • PAV8888
    Laurie? Am I missing something? Not worthy? Good and bad? What kind of 💩 narrative 💩 is that?

It is weight and the result of decisions and actions taken and performed (or not). But it doesn't have attributes beyond that!

And a fast loss is not necessarily better than a small gain or a small loss--depending on intent and circumstances.

Getting off the high horse now and I need a stool to reach down there too!!!!🤔

Beyond that, well, we all do carry some "water" weight and disappointing as it may be (remember your trend weight app???) I would **almost** hope for a scale weight anomaly or a slow down/pause because otherwise you're pulling **1850 Cal per DAY deficits** these past 15 days!!!🤯🥺🙀

Maybe it is a good start, I won't go against the flow that gets you going in the right direction.

But think on how you have to adjust to keep to an appropriate direction for you! Do you see how much ABD has lost since November 1? That's pretty awesome and quite fast, right? Yet, she's pulling 750 to 800 Cal deficits on average.🤔
  • lauriekallis
    PAV - I know - but **kitten** I'm spinning in circles when I'm eating near maintenance - I can't seem to find a sweet spot that is running 500 calories below and lose and stay there. I've gained over the past two months that's why the "unworthy" numbers. My trendweight is finally showing a decline since "yesterday" and "a week ago" but it is is still a gain since "two weeks" and "a month" ago.

I think...that if I'm running anything less than ??? 500 calories or so under maintenance my body figures out how to absorb it. I can't say I've scientifically measured that for a length of time, but for a few weeks it seems to be okay with just the usual water ups and downs, and then I get annoyed, and then I blow it. What I've been eating the past few weeks feels very manageable, and I'm finally starting to see a drop on the scale, which gives me incentive to keep going.