Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Woohoo.

After EIGHTEEN days of eating at a foolishly high deficit every day. And walking over 15000 steps every day (but one) the scale smiled at me this morning. Patience!!! I'm prouder of that than sticking to my deficit. I beat it out. My wonderful peasant's body (brain) came with deeply rooted famine memories (a famine hamster?) and knows how to hold out as long as possible without giving up any of its fat stores. But I won this round! THREE (point TWO) pounds down.

It feels like I won a long long long draining chess match (and I don't even play that kind of chess).

:)

I startled the dog with my little (read big and noisy) victory dance.

Usually the act of disrobing, sliding out the scale and then sliding it back in is very somber.

TODAY NOT SO MUCH !!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    💃 Go, Laurie! Go, Laurie! Woo woo! 💃

I had to get up to pee 4 times overnight and I was SO SURE that I was "whooshing" and would see a big scale drop...nope, twas not to be. Weighed in at the exact same weight as yesterday morning 😂
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    amart4224 wrote: »

I had to get up to pee 4 times overnight and I was SO SURE that I was "whooshing" and would see a big scale drop...nope, twas not to be. Weighed in at the exact same weight as yesterday morning 😂

I get up at LEAST twice anyway. And if the 3rd time is after 2:30 am... im just getting up. farm life, you know... LOL coffee pot turns on at 230, so... as long as i know its ready, I'll go ahead and get up LMAO (even if its not, I'll probably get up...)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to get a disagree for that 🤬

Coffee at 2:30 a.m. would guarantee I would never get to bed 🤯🥺💩
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Go Laurie Go! Go Laurie Go❣️

🚫🐹⛔
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,819 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Woohoo.

After EIGHTEEN days of eating at a foolishly high deficit every day. And walking over 15000 steps every day (but one) the scale smiled at me this morning. Patience!!! I'm prouder of that than sticking to my deficit. I beat it out. My wonderful peasant's body (brain) came with deeply rooted famine memories (a famine hamster?) and knows how to hold out as long as possible without giving up any of its fat stores. But I won this round! THREE (point TWO) pounds down.

Yay, you won the war of attrition! Kudos to you! There's something deeply satisfying about that. I have a peasant's genes and famine hamsters too, which like me nicely padded with fat. Ideally they like me above 200lbs. To get below 170lbs I have to use every sneaky trick in the book and draw on infinite reserves of patience. Once I drop below 150lbs, me and my famine hamsters are in a state of all-out war, and if I drop my guard for a second they pounce like ninjas.

86jg2ywymf9e.png
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

I get up at LEAST twice anyway. And if the 3rd time is after 2:30 am... im just getting up. farm life, you know... LOL coffee pot turns on at 230, so... as long as i know its ready, I'll go ahead and get up LMAO (even if its not, I'll probably get up...)

Wait….you get up at that time?….that is when I go to bed lol…..I could never live on a farm although I do own a working farm in Indiana but I have nothing to do with the operation of it!…

Laurie I did a happy dance for you losing weight!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

Wait….you get up at that time?….that is when I go to bed lol…..I could never live on a farm although I do own a working farm in Indiana but I have nothing to do with the operation of it!…

I bet someone on that farm is getting up around that time LMAO
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

I bet someone on that farm is getting up around that time LMAO

You might be right….a second or third cousin of mine grows corn and beans on it….no animals any longer…my grampa bought the farm in 1935 and now my first cousins and I own it….I have 50% of it….
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    86jg2ywymf9e.png

Oh my - I love it. Ninja Hamster. Should have known!

• lauriekallis
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

Lol...of course the timing wasn't the best - today was the welcome home celebration rolled into a birthday party and I ate way more carbs than usual, and fat, and ice cream cake.

For sure I'm not weighing myself for a couple of days :D

But know I know the face of my enemy. :D I've got this.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @Dante_80 I can just see the fishmonger cleaning and filleting 100s of anchovies for me, for free! ⛔ NOT! 🚫

No go on sea bream at the traditional supermarket frozen section either, I just checked because I think I saw some once! Maybe one of the Asian markets may be more likely?
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @Dante_80 I can just see the fishmonger cleaning and filleting 100s of anchovies for me, for free! ⛔ NOT! 🚫

No go on sea bream at the traditional supermarket frozen section either, I just checked because I think I saw some once! Maybe one of the Asian markets may be more likely?

Maybe?! Don't know how it works over there man. T_T

Fresh Sea Bream here is pretty popular (and cheap, 3-4$/lb) in fish markets and stores (maybe because we have extensive aquacultures for it), and fish markets and stores are pretty popular themselves. You just go to the store, order a dozen, your fishmonger cleans them up for you and off you go. You can also buy wild caught Sea Bream, but it tends to be triple the price (for not THAT big of a difference).

Maybe you can get Sea Bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) easier? It's also a popular alternative here, and even richer in ω3.

• PAV8888
    Options
    Mmmmm....sea bass is beautiful. I suspect for us the sea bass issue would be price. .

So in addition to trout they're now aqua culturing sea Bream? This is awesome!

Any concerns about fat levels and antibiotic levels? Both seem to be issues re Atlantic salmon and steelhead trout cultivation over here
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yeah, apparently we have the biggest production in Europe for it. http://www.fao.org/fishery/culturedspecies/Sparus_aurata/en

No idea about fat/antibiotics, to tell you the truth I have not researched the subject much. We "generally" know that our aquacultures are pretty good here, as far as quality is concerned.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    month data in review...

down 10 pounds. not ideal (too fast a rate of loss but I am on meds that affect my appetite, remember), but to be expected. reached my calorie goal (right now set a minimum for me to reach -1100) roughly half the time, and mostly towards the end of the month, so appetite is (or seems to be) getting better. So that's good, assuming that trend holds. even if on the days over it was usually due to... garbage calories. LOL It would be really nice to be able to eat enough, consistently enough (and not in garbage calories), to get the go ahead from my doc to get back to the gym. Even if its for 'light duty' only. I go back to my regular doc for an in person meeting in 2 weeks, so will review data with him at that point and I'm sure he'll draw his own blood work to check for his own points of interest (aside from what the doc this week has taken for his own purposes).

measurements - down a cumulative 7" total, with the largest single losses off my waist and thigh, both down 2" each.

total amount of weight lost since 2015 - 192 pounds.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Today is 199.8
    I've been hovering around 200, which actually, I'm surprised it is so low! I expect to be retaining a good amount of water currently and for the next 2 weeks, just given where I am in my cycle.

Anyway, tomorrow we leave for Alaska, so all bets are of for the rest of the month lol. I expect to eat close to maintenance while we're gone, so between that and the long flight, I'm expecting some extended bloat when I get back lol. But not a bad pre-trip weight to start from. Not bad at all.

I came back from Anchorage at 205.6 lbs last weekend. Definitely some travel bloat, but also likely a pound or two of fat gain. Like all trips, it started off well. Then somewhere in the middle my brain goes "but we're on VACATION, we HAVE to get the triple berry crisp with ice cream for dessert", and it is a short slippery slope! Fortunately, the water weight is dropping off already, I'm down to 202.4 today, so it doesn't seem like I actually did that much damage. Not a huge setback, and it feels good to be back on track again!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good job, @eliezalot! It seems like a normal way for weight to fluctuate when your food production is a bit out of your control. Love you you comment that it feels good to be back on track again. Woohoo. Home is good.

I can't imagine it @callsitlikeiseeit, and hope I never do. The idea of not being up to eating enough calories. Hope you get your appetite back and can get back to the gym.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've had a few tricky days this past week - but was really pleased to see my weight up just over 1 pound today. I know it isn't fat weight and feel my fat weight must have dropped because in some places I feel less mushy than I ever remember feeling (its been that long).

This is a tricky place. I was here in January and that is maybe why things went awry. There are lots of generous pockets of fat on my body - mostly where the skin is loosest - but it seems that the fat in the other places wants to go first - my face, shoulders, upper chest (not boobs...lol). And that feels/looks kinda creepy to me. But this time I'm prepared for it and will see it through.