• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,644 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12 July
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🧘‍♀️🏋️‍♀️

Hadn't been to my group class in a few weeks, I'm going to feel it today.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    7/12
    Exercise: yes - 1.87 mile walk.......rough day at work and needed to decompress

@DaffyGirl88 Thank you for your help through this, hopefully I won't be down for long!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    July Week #2
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 203.2
    CW: 203.0
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/13)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes - Light Cardio, Strength, Flex,
    Goals/Day/Comments: A little achey and pounding head but on the mend. Been eating pure carbs for the most part but I’m holding down my food.💧178 oz., 👟11,574, ⛑ +18 PAI (147)
    “Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Sat 9th Jul
    Track: No
    Calories: I know it was very high, probably 3 times current intake
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: 12246 steps, walked 68mins to and from the shops instead of getting the train to get some exercise in. Fasted for 20hrs 14 mins. I went to my niece's birthday party later in the afternoon, I had already accepted this would be a high carb day, ended up having second helpings of food and drinking more than I had planned. There was a lot of my country's traditional food which I hadn't eaten in a while and just couldn't resist. Sigh!

Update: Sun 10th Jul
    Calories: Yes under
    Goals/Day/Comments: 13462 steps, 40mins run/walk and 51 mins walk. Fasted for 20hrs 19 mins. After yesterday's overeating felt so bloated and dehydrated. I know the scales will be high tomorrow but hoping after a few days eating low carb again will get right back to where I was.

@Naija82

At least you enjoyed yourself and you did it with Intermittent Fasting :) You’re doing amazing with exercise!! Keep it up👟 I was doing Intermittent Fasting before changing to a higher fat diet. I was doing 20:4. I think I’ll resume 20:4 fast in August. It’s great when you don’t have to think about food most of the day, can get so much stuff done!

How long have you done 20 hour fast? How long do you intend to do them?
    Thank you!

I've done IF officially off and on for the last couple of years. Restarted in the last 6 weeks where I set myself a minimum goal of 16hrs so I vary daily, averaging about 19.5hrs. I actually started the low carb and IF at the same time.

What I hope to move on to once I am fully adapted is incorporating some 24-72hr fast

Nice! I have done a 24 hr fast by accident and it wasn’t bad. I would like to do a 7 to 21 day fast like 2 to 3 times a year eventually

Same would love to do a much longer fast, did 7 days once years ago and tried for 10 days but only made it to day 3. Lots of great benefits will longer fasts
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    KimR_1986
    PW:288
    CW:291.7

Well my current experiment seems to be making me hold water worse than I expected. I gave up caffeine a little over a week ago and the lack of a diuretic in my system has me feeling puffy, but the measuring tape around my waist shows I lost half and inch so I guess I wait for the scale to match.
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/12
    Under: no, by 6 whole calories.
    Exercise: yes, walk

Daily 7/13
    Exercise: yes, stretch/yoga and walk
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Wed 13th Jul
    Calories: Was about 370 calories over today, felt a little more hungrier today than normal so I ate.
    Exercise: Yes - 23018 steps, 10.5 miles walked in 3hrs 20 mins
    Goals/Day/Comments: Fasted for just over 18hrs 45mins. Looking after my niece and nephew so many many treats at their house, managed to resist and stick to my low carb. Also they are so energetic so tired after following them around.

I don't really necessarily eat more on my exercise days
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Update: Sat 9th Jul
    Track: No
    Calories: I know it was very high, probably 3 times current intake
    Goals/Day/Comments: 12246 steps, walked 68mins to and from the shops instead of getting the train to get some exercise in. Fasted for 20hrs 14 mins. I went to my niece's birthday party later in the afternoon, I had already accepted this would be a high carb day, ended up having second helpings of food and drinking more than I had planned. There was a lot of my country's traditional food which I hadn't eaten in a while and just couldn't resist. Sigh!

Update: Sun 10th Jul
    Calories: Yes under
    Goals/Day/Comments: 13462 steps, 40mins run/walk and 51 mins walk. Fasted for 20hrs 19 mins. After yesterday's overeating felt so bloated and dehydrated. I know the scales will be high tomorrow but hoping after a few days eating low carb again will get right back to where I was.

@Naija82

At least you enjoyed yourself and you did it with Intermittent Fasting :) You’re doing amazing with exercise!! Keep it up👟 I was doing Intermittent Fasting before changing to a higher fat diet. I was doing 20:4. I think I’ll resume 20:4 fast in August. It’s great when you don’t have to think about food most of the day, can get so much stuff done!

How long have you done 20 hour fast? How long do you intend to do them?
    Thank you!

I've done IF officially off and on for the last couple of years. Restarted in the last 6 weeks where I set myself a minimum goal of 16hrs so I vary daily, averaging about 19.5hrs. I actually started the low carb and IF at the same time.

What I hope to move on to once I am fully adapted is incorporating some 24-72hr fast

Nice! I have done a 24 hr fast by accident and it wasn’t bad. I would like to do a 7 to 21 day fast like 2 to 3 times a year eventually

Same would love to do a much longer fast, did 7 days once years ago and tried for 10 days but only made it to day 3. Lots of great benefits will longer fasts

Nice, how was the 7 days? What benefits did you notice for yourself?

• sandkp
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Wednesday (7/13)
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 23 hrs 25 min

Long night of no electricity and storms and a long day at work followed by 2 hrs in class tonight meant no time/energy for exercise today. My weigh in today shows I am most likely holding water even with the exercise and fasting and tracking. Its all good in the mind though... the scale will catch up.
  • sandkp
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post: Saturday (7/9)
    Calories: yes under
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 21 hr 10 min

Another faster in the group, nice work! I want to get back to fasting like now, but have to adapt to new diet first

@blissfulk it is nice to have others that fast here too. I have tried to do some sort of fasting since November. Easy when at work but hard with the boys home from college for summer... I love to sit and chat with them and they are food factories and it definitely tests the theory. That's why my goal has stayed at 16... and why I usually surpass it.. options and feeling like I won vs failed! I believe I fasted long before I knew what fasting was... never liked breakfast and lunch didnt get eaten until 2 or 3 most days. When living with a house full of 3 meals and snack dessert eating machines they just never understood why I wasnt hungry. Dont get me wrong...when that biscuit and sausage gravy feeling hits, that short or failed Fast is okay by me! 🤣

Good luck acclimating and getting back to fasting.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 13 July
    Exercise: yes
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    7/13/2022

@DaffyGirl88 can we roll my weight over, I forgot to weigh in this morning before I headed to work and I won't be able to weigh tomorrow :(
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    7/13/2022

@DaffyGirl88 can we roll my weight over, I forgot to weigh in this morning before I headed to work and I won't be able to weigh tomorrow :(

@mooreshelly09 Absolutely!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @sandkp Old Bay chicken wings???!!! :o What a way to ruin a perfectly good chicken wing!! Being originally from Buffalo, there's no other way to eat a wing other than with Frank's hot sauce. :) Anything else is blasphemy. And even though I live in Maryland now I cannot stand Old Bay. LOL
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 2
    PW = 162
    CW = 160.6
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Thursday (7/14)
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes - Light Cardio, Strength, Flex
    Goals/Day/Comments: Was hoping to get an early workout but went back to bed for a bit instead. Exhausted, my sweet Olivia is sick now and it was a rough night. Catch up with all of you later. 💧160 oz, 👟12,233, ⛑ +23 PAI (138)
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Saturday (7/9)
    Calories: yes under
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 21 hr 10 min

Another faster in the group, nice work! I want to get back to fasting like now, but have to adapt to new diet first

@blissfulk it is nice to have others that fast here too. I have tried to do some sort of fasting since November. Easy when at work but hard with the boys home from college for summer... I love to sit and chat with them and they are food factories and it definitely tests the theory. That's why my goal has stayed at 16... and why I usually surpass it.. options and feeling like I won vs failed! I believe I fasted long before I knew what fasting was... never liked breakfast and lunch didnt get eaten until 2 or 3 most days. When living with a house full of 3 meals and snack dessert eating machines they just never understood why I wasnt hungry. Dont get me wrong...when that biscuit and sausage gravy feeling hits, that short or failed Fast is okay by me! 🤣

Good luck acclimating and getting back to fasting.

Yes, I completely understand the discipline it takes to stick with your lifestyle around others that are different from you, especially those you love!

I’m so ready to start fasting again. I should be back to fasting in August☺️

• sandkp
    Options
    @sandkp Old Bay chicken wings???!!! :o What a way to ruin a perfectly good chicken wing!! Being originally from Buffalo, there's no other way to eat a wing other than with Frank's hot sauce. :) Anything else is blasphemy. And even though I live in Maryland now I cannot stand Old Bay. LOL

@DaffyGirl88. 🤣 I must disagree ...You can ruin NOTHING by adding Old Bay! Eggs, potatoes, corn, seafood, pasta, veggies, chicken, alfredo sauce and so much more. Old Bay makes everything better... been trying to track down those Old Bay goldfish forever... ask hubs I search every store we go into. Maryland born and bred.. and bleed Old Bay! 🤪
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

@DaffyGirl88. 🤣 I must disagree ...You can ruin NOTHING by adding Old Bay! Eggs, potatoes, corn, seafood, pasta, veggies, chicken, alfredo sauce and so much more. Old Bay makes everything better... been trying to track down those Old Bay goldfish forever... ask hubs I search every store we go into. Maryland born and bred.. and bleed Old Bay! 🤪

@sandkp I had no idea you were from MD! I just checked your profile and good grief, we're practically neighbors!! I live in the Park just South of base, in St James. :) We should meet up sometime and walk the Three Notch Trail!! :)
This discussion has been closed.