WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @micki48 That sounds "lucky" all right. I remember years ago I was on some weird medicine that made water taste like rotten fruit. It was awful. I hope you don't have to deal with it much longer.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much interesting news - some great (the Tuesday people are showing us how it is done!), some tough (more covid, weird tastebud issues, non-delegation chocolate), and a new person hitting the deck. Never a dull moment.

I had a great day today - counteracted the almost 4 hours of travel with lots of playing and lots of walking. It was a beautiful and not too hot day, so all the walking was at a good clip and with a heavy backpack. Good thing, because food was pizza and other things that usually don't fit into my food plan!

@MsMcClane - Michelle thanks for telling us about you, your family, and your grumpy cat! It sounds like you have already begun the long run of experiments that helps you figure out how you will lose the weight and feel amazing. Adding movement helps a lot - if you want to join our step/exercise team that can be fun. You just report your # of steps per day plus any other kind of intentional exercise you do. The exercise minutes are "translated" into steps and @ashleycarole86 does an amazing report every week to celebrate all the movement.

So, ready for the Wednesday people? Hoping to see some more green :mrgreen:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @mmarceau2
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    and
    @MoonlitMuse is running late but we'll take the number any time!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole I am sorry for the delay! I started typing Sun morning, I got distracted and forgot!!!

Sun 6789
    Mon 5,516
    Tues 13,978 30 min intervals
    Wed 7,824 30 min intervals
    Thurs 7,244
    Fri 8,077 30 min lift
    Sat 5,948

Wow, not my best week.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I am so sorry. I hope the meds help and you have a mild case

@Terytha I am glad you are finally feeling better. I think getting a walk and fresh air is great, but be careful not to over do it. My 17 year went to work after 12 days and threw up because she over did it. She finally got her taste/smell back around day 15.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @DD265 That's unique - no bank that I know of in Canada does a picture on the debit card.
    I would definitely vote for the more positive saying, if I were to do one!
    I think "shame photos" and that kind of thing are less likely to be as motivating as one thinks.. but that could also depend on the person too.
    For me personally, I think that would put me in a negative headspace and my tendancies to go off the rails would most likely be driven from that. Then again, I know the "before photo" type thing is exactly the thing that puts some on track. Great question!

7/26 exercise:
    17425 steps
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw: 232.5
    Started working out with Ring Fit Adventure again and feeling great! Now I just need to get control of my snacking :smile:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 216.6

Honestly, I knew I would be up this week and 1.6 pounds is actually great for being away from my environment for 1 week! I did good the first few days, and then I was supposed to go to my friends for a cookout and I was prepared with what I would eat. Then of course, things changed and it was all fried finger foods 😕 Then the last day was kind of eat whatever I see 😫

@JEB03253 my parents live in a small town called Richmond. It's part of Chariho which some people in RI may have heard of that way. Enjoyed a few days at the beach and visiting family and friends! Back to eating better again!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @micki48 does drinking milk help with the medicine taste? I know that helps with metallic taste from some antibiotics.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So sorry, @micki48 to hear that you too have been stricken with Covid! I hope that it moves on fast. Mine has now shuffled along (I tested negative this morning). As soon as I got my negative test I went to my optician's to collect my new spectacles. What do you think?

e8bed9b419dn.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @christhiann :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @micki48 does drinking milk help with the medicine taste? I know that helps with metallic taste from some antibiotics.

Thanks! I haven’t tried that. Hydration in general seems to help. The worst was when I woke up with a dry mouth. Yuck 🤮 Fever is gone and pretty much feel normal. I’ve had worse colds. Isolation is not fun. It’s only day 2 of 5 and I’m already bored. No tv too. Maybe I can use the computer.

@YinxFed Glad you tested negative today. You look fabulous and I LOVE your spectacles 👓. Thanks for the well wishes.

Needless to say, in this little room my steps will be waaaay off.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed LOVE the frames!! My glasses also have a tortoise pattern with some hints of blue.

@DD265 when I was in college, you could get a bank card with a picture of the campus quad/lawn on it that I always wanted so badly haha. I would do a landscape shot of the mountains, personally. speaking of, I do need to order a new debit card - good reminder!

Having a good day here, yoga is done, and a rest day from workouts. Unexpectedly got dinner with a friend last night so I was worried about calories but it was a pretty light meal and I was still under budget when I got home (a bit looped from a cocktail and a glass of wine - also in-budget!).
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed those spectacles are great and I LOVE your earrings! Keep it up girl!

@micki48 Pilates might help, but isolation in a tiny room is never fun. I hope you have books if no tv.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard @MsMcClane @christhiann Happy to meet you both!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @LoraineGB :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Welcome @christhiann ! It is always fun to have new members, and I hope you are going to enjoy the team and benefit from the group effect in keeping to your habits and routine. If you have any questions or ideas, don't hesitate to post any time. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

I just spent the last couple of hours waiting to do an online covid test - apparently I was randomly chosen at the border when I crossed back into Canada from the US last week, so I had to go online to have the test witnessed and all the blah blah blah. Our internet connection here is so patchy that it was almost impossible to hear what either of us said, but we got through it. My rapid tests have all been negative (I do them every few days), so I'm not really worried. It is just a pain in the neck to deal with the process....

OK enough on that! I love the notion of having some kind of message on a debit or credit card that reminds you what you do not want to spend money on! What a fabulous idea. Mine should probably just say "Seriously????" I don't overspend, but there are times I need ONE more reminder of what not to buy at the grocery store, if I'm in one of those uselessly hungry frames of mind. I am looking forward to hearing what others would have on such a card!

@YinxFed I love the specs! Somehow those frames would work with absolutely any colour. And the shape works so well with your face and that cheeky smile!

Catching up to do tonight - new members coming in to various teams for August. Time to reflect on what went well this month, what you want to commit to for next month, and all those good final week things to think about.

Here is the weigh-in update of the day. Who is due through Thursday?
    @MoonlitMuse
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @mmarceau2 - still off in England?
    @Gidgitgoescrazy - hope you're doing OK!!!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 maybe still on vacation so excused?

See you all soon :smiley:
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Loraine and I am a Brit currently living in Missouri, US.

My weight issues magnified when I immigrated in 2010 and the portions, sugar content and fat content were so much higher than I was used to.

Also, I got married and gave up my career and couldn’t work until I got all my papers. I lived 4 minutes from a really great bar and had zero self control so put on 70lb.

Fast forward to 2015 living in Las Vegas, I popped a calf muscle and was so heavy I couldn’t hold myself up to walk. It was a great wake up call and I got my health and fitness back in order. I ate well, I exercised daily and walked everywhere I could.

Fast forward to January this year when we left Vegas for Missouri where it rained solidly for I think 3 months. Thunder and lightning storms, not just a piddle here and there. The person we bought the house from took the stove and we had to wait two months for a new one due to supply chain backlogs. So, we ate out for every meal until it arrived!

There’s so much more that has gone on since January but I’ll share those nuggets over time, I’m sure.

Long and short of it, I’ve gained 30lbs since moving and I’m excited to join this group as y’all seem like a great group to be a part of!
This discussion has been closed.