WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Wow. Don't say anything, but there are zero red weigh-ins yet this week. Going for the green! I'm impressed.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Wow. Don't say anything, but there are zero red weigh-ins yet this week. Going for the green! I'm impressed.

Wow!! Awesome job team - keep it up

7/12 exercise:
    11147 steps
    67 minutes Peloton
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    @Kali225 Woot on the apartment! That's gotta be such a relief to have that taken care of!

Also - I weighed in again for S&G and I'm down to 137.6. I haven't done daily weights since grad school and even in the nutrition community we're torn about it, but eh, I'll give it another go (it was actually really beneficial for me a few years ago).

@ashleycarole86 Yay for all of you going that distance last week! Speaking of the Going to the Sun road, It's FINALLY supposed to open today (a late season snow storm a few weeks ago postponed it) so I'm hoping to actually make it out there this summer. Also - I might be interested in getting in on the step goal thing. How does it work? Should I report all my steps and other activities (like lifting, yoga, biking, running)?
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 598 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit oh no! hope the kiddo is feeling okay/better. hugs to you on all the stress!!

thanks to all on the apartment/life encouragement - yall make me smile!

@jugar man, I love a good summer thunderstorm. I am often jealous of your woodsy lifestyle although losing internet for hours would also drive me nuts. :D

@micki48 early congrats on your anniversary - love a funky hotel! the arboretum sounds awesome. I am truly a kid at heart when it comes to swings. My main motivation in life is to one day have like 10 porch swings on my dream house and bigggg tire swing out back.

Had a good walk this morning. moving into lunch now and then my lower body workout for the week.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Hello, I'm checking in to say hi. I'm not up to individual replies but I'm enjoying reading about my fellow partying Albertans. :)

My anxiety levels are as high as they've ever been, which is giving me brain fog and the unpleasant sense that my skin is both on fire and trying to crawl away. If it doesn't get better I fear I'll need to see my doctor for an emergency bring-down pill.

Safeway sells these 50 calorie chocolate pudding cups. They're rather bland as zero sugar goods tend to be, but the trick is to top with coconut whipped cream. Adds flavor and sweetness, and the cups are too small for more than one good spritz so it only ends up being another 20 calories. I'm enjoying it as my sweet fix these days, now that mini-donuts are off my menu. ;)
  • jugar
    @KellyBgetsfit so sorry to hear about your kid with covid. That has got to be awfully hard. Pace it out, breathe it out, and stay excused from weigh-ins for as long as you need to. Call your doc for a temporary anti-anxiety med if it gets bad. That is the thing that got me through my son's first couple of surgeries. The rest went without problems for either of us, but there are times when those meds really help.

@AshenMoon Congrats once again! You have been amazing to have a green weigh-in today during such a time of celebrations! Good for you :heart:

@Terytha hugs to you too - but if you don't stop talking about mini-donuts I might have a meltdown. I never knew what those were until a few years ago when I was out for lunch with my daughter and her honorary second mom from Saskatoon. We shared an order of mini-donuts and I was blown away. I do NOT like donuts. But those things, they are amazing. But since you are not eating those now, if you need the temporary meds to calm things down, don't feel bad about it. Hang in there!

@MoonlitMuse - interesting about your daily weigh-ins. I'll still take only the one on your "official" weigh-in day, but if you want to average all 7 days of the week on that day, it is OK.

I have to get back out of an indulgent couple of days. Again. Grrrrrr. At least I did a good Pilates routine today.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    @jugar I have rented a cabin for 3 days at Manitou Beach which is a salt water lake here in Saskatchewan. Leaving Saturday and returning home Monday. I am actually thinking of taking my scale with me for my Monday morning weigh in but, I may also just weigh and post Tuesday morning if that’s okay with you.

FYI - Saskatchewan boasts over 100,000 lakes, but here’s one that is unique in the western hemisphere. About 116km southeast of Saskatoon is a lake that refuses to let anyone drown in it. Little Manitou, located near Watrous, has a mineral density three-times saltier than the ocean. The salt enables swimmers to effortlessly float on their backs, perhaps reading a book as they do so. https://www.watrousmanitou.com/
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited July 2022
    @jugar The food that shall not be named is weirdly addictive. I'm not sure what it is. They just hit different.

I'm doing OK with deep breathing and distractions for the moment. Reading or at least locating the most ridiculous books I can find, and there are so many. Husband is likely quite fed up with my gleefully reading the plot summaries and titles for him, but he's being a decent sport about it. He's probably happy I've backed off the puns for a bit.

I'll be back on my nonsense in no time. As they say, a leopard can't change its shorts.
  • jugar
    @CarolAnnM2 that lake sounds amazing. Maybe one time when I'm visiting my daughter in Waitwright we'll head over there. One of her best friends lives in Saskatoon, so we could make a good trip out of it. As to weighing in on Tuesday or whatever works best for you, it all works. No problem.

Somehow it is getting to be Thursday already! Here is the reminder list for weigh-ins through Thursday:
    @mmarceau2
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

tally ho!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited July 2022
    @KellyBgetsfit So sorry to hear that COVID has found it’s was into your family. Hope your kiddo recovers quickly and the rest of you stay negative.

@CarolAnnM2 Your cabin trip sounds lovely. Thanks for the interesting info about the lake. So cool.

@Terytha Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Food is logged and under. Met steps. Water 👍🏻

Made a trip to our cool library with Juliet today before running off to my new gyn apt. Ended
    up with a biopsy. At least, I liked and trusted this new dr that a friend recommended.

Now checking in almost falling asleep. Tomorrow is hubby’s birthday - 68. He was 27 when we met. Where does the time go?

TTYL 👋🏼
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    And yay team for all GREEN so far. Way to go!🎉👏🏼💚
  • ashleycarole86
    @ashleycarole86 Yay for all of you going that distance last week! Speaking of the Going to the Sun road, It's FINALLY supposed to open today (a late season snow storm a few weeks ago postponed it) so I'm hoping to actually make it out there this summer. Also - I might be interested in getting in on the step goal thing. How does it work? Should I report all my steps and other activities (like lifting, yoga, biking, running)?

Oh wow, I had no idea it was just opening up now. My mom and brother got a reservation to drive on the road tomorrow.. the one and only time I was on it that system wasn't in place so I was surprised to hear that was required. They are driving down as far as Coeur d'Alene and then coming back. I was hoping you'd see my nod to it as our resident Montanian (is that right?? LOL)

Anyway, it would be great to have you on the step team!
    You've got it right - for every day I need steps and other minutes of intentional exercise as I can then convert your other exercises to steps.
    Each person gives me a step pledge too (again this should be a target that considers steps + exercise) and that allows me to report on consistency and so on.
    The week runs Sun-Sat so while I report daily most report weekly - the earlier after the week closes, the better.. I will usually wait till Mon/Tues for steps though before issuing the report.
    For me I find it to be a good way to have a habit of fitness as I do consciously think of my goal and work on hitting it.

• ashleycarole86
    micki48 wrote: »
    Made a trip to our cool library with Juliet today before running off to my new gyn apt. Ended
    up with a biopsy. At least, I liked and trusted this new dr that a friend recommended.

Now checking in almost falling asleep. Tomorrow is hubby’s birthday - 68. He was 27 when we met. Where does the time go?

A birthday AND an anniversary in the same week? How fun! So much to celebrate in your household this week.

Glad you found a doctor you trust and like, especially for that kind of doctor..... hopefully the turn around for your results is quick. Will be thinking good thoughts for you as always!

Did Juliet find some fun books to check out? You are always winning in the grandma department!

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Another perfect day in the books ! Yay me...

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar I don't relish being the first red on the spreadsheet so I'd like to push my weigh-in to tomorrow and focus on the perfect day today. It's been a free-for-all here with no logging and not much thought to balance with the meals. I sabotaged myself with late night snacking after hockey yesterday. Wont make the same mistake today. We have a second game this week so a chance at redemption and more calories burned while having fun. What is it about team sports that distracts me from the hard work it takes so that I exercise without complaint, when "dry land" training and gym workouts make me wish I was anywhere else?!?!?

I'll admit what my biggest hurdle has been to eating properly these past 2 weeks is linked to my breakfast smoothie. I ran out of the protein powder I was using and Costco was sold out of that brand when I went back. I picked up something else but the flavour is BLAND and uninspiring. And of course, I now own a Costco sized portion of it. I've picked up some calorie-free syrups to help amp up the flavour but the whole deal has left me unenthusiastic for smoothies and weakened my willpower to the point where I reach for the toast and eggs instead. This sets my day on a different path and I continue mindlessly from there.

Today this will change.

Tomorrow I will report my success with my perfect day. Hold me to it!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @Terytha @KellyBgetsfit I'm sorry you're both struggling with anxiety - it's a *****! I hope things improve soon, and your little one is over covid without it spreading to everyone else @KellyBgetsfit.

My anxiety is over something silly, really; yesterday I booked the 'wrong' hotel for a work trip next week (google maps caught me out) and it's only 15 mins away from the customer, but non-refundable so we can't change it and had better hope the trip isn't cancelled. D'oh! Two lessons learnt: 1) always clarify which hotel and 2) book the refundable option even if it's more expensive (significantly so, in this case). I tried really hard to talk myself down last night and couldn't, but rather than binging, we went for a walk and that helped a lot.

I had therapy this morning and we talked it over; she said I'd probably activated one of my core beliefs (can't make a mistake) and that's why I couldn't let it go. She showed me the uncertainty cycle which is basically trigger>thoughts/feelings/physical sensations>behaviours>trigger etc. Interestingly my negative thoughts are moving away from the rules (should/must/need) into the worry (might/what if); by trying to remove the rules, I guess I've loosened control and that brings more uncertainty. Yay! /s I do agree that we're making progress, but it's not particularly fun to go through. Magic wand, anyone?

I am about to go make lunch which is a chicken sandwich with salad. Or maybe a banana sandwich, I'm really fancying banana now that I've thought of it lol. OH pointed out that if we bought a sandwich from the shop it'd just be one roll but at home I normally have two... So yesterday I had one roll instead of two, and it was enough. Tonight's tea is chicken jalfrezi - we managed to get the heat right on this batch so I'm looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.