Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,236 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope camping is going well!
    @Patti241,,,, Its easy to fall out of a routine, but still you've been exercising and doing well. That's a plus plus!! TY TY TY for being with us on the PS4L team.

Have you all signed up to be on the In Between team? Here's the link below. Notice that we've made it different in that there will be 2 teams, made of 4 different teams on each of them. It's neat!! You'll be YOUR teammates and very likely know other 5% members also from the other 3 teams. Please read how it's being done.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871601/sign-up-here-for-the-in-between-challenge#latest
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,707 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw thx! Yup so hard to see them sick-glad she is back to normal now. Couple more weeks to enjoy summer. Hubby is kinda glad she has a lesser case-hopefully she can get through at least fall without getting it again. Aw glad you are enjoying “diary of Anne frank”. I read parts of it this year with my younger daughter for school. Also thx for reminder on in between team. Sounds good!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,536 Member
    Options
    happy tuesday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! when i was doing my grocery shopping this morning, i got some extra food to donate to the local food bank drive bin. when i was done my grocery shopping, i put the extra food items into the local food bank drive bin at the grocery store. i like to help others whenever i can. i will most definitely be doing some dancing after supper today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,639 Member
    Options
    It's been too hot to walk outside, mostly doing indoor exercises, do miss walking outside. Hopefully it will get cooler soon. 96 right now.

Hugs and blessings

Daily Affirmation

I reach toward the shining mountains,
    beyond the fog of daily worries.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Tuesday to all of my airport friends!

It has been a wild and busy past few weeks, but still going strong! My husband and I found out yesterday that he has very high triglycerids, they call it primary hypertriglyceridemia which is genetic. My husband is a very fit and lean man, so this came as quite the shock to us. As a result, the doctor wants us to go on a lower carb diet immediately, and he will be taking some prescribed medication to help. Thankfully, they will be doing regular follow ups to check his levels, and the hope is that we will be able to get it under control and keep it that way for many, many years to come! His overall cholestorol looked great, which is some very good news! We just gotta get everything in balance. I will be supporting him and doing this right alongside with him, so my diet plan is changing over half way through our challenge and that is a good thing for us! We were just talking this weekend about getting a walking and strength training routine down in the evenings after dinner, and this was that extra motivation.

I'm excited to see how we do with this new challenge, and more importantly, I'm super hoping we'll be able to get my husband's triglycerides back to a normal level!! :heart:
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj,,, ITs great she recovered so well with a mild case . A friend of mine child has gotten it SIX TIMES!! That is NOT a typo!! A few friends have gotten it THREE times. YO! I think it'll be like the common cold, it's here to stay. Time will tell. ENJOY the rest of the summer with her, as we all well know they grow up so FAST!! The Diary of Anne Frank is an interesting though of course I know how it ended,,, so sad too.
    @Cormierannie,, Glad you are having a very nice day!! WOOHOO!! TY TY 4 ALL you do!
    @Kurtize ,, YO 96 is DEFINETELY INDOOR TIME!! YO!! I am hoping to shut off my AC tonight. Right now the sun is shining in quite brightly. It's a brick building ,, LOL We think they are trying to cook us? Nah, Portland in 1880 or 1886 caught fire, our city is next to Portland. Most taller buildings (over 3 stories) HAVE to be made of bricks or fire proof material. Glad you are exercising SMARTLY!! TY TY TY!
    @cosmiccurves ,, SO GLAD your H found out now,,, rather than for a tragic event to of happened which is the way so many find out. Thankfully here on MFP we can track our carbs, NO DOUBT there are groups also which you may find helpful on MFP and others. I belong to a few including a Low Salt group on Facebook. That one on FB has a TON of recipes, I have no doubt they have a low carb group for recipes also. Keep us up on how you both are.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am so glad to be back! Being sick was no where near fun but only lasted about 3 days. Slowly getting back to the exercise. Don't want to over do it. Today was my rest, weigh and TOPS day. Down 4.25 lbs! Now to maintain it this week as I get back into exercise. My neighbor went into hospice today. I managed to finally get his lawn mower before he left. Also had a great talk with his daughter. He had her give me payment for all I have done for him and will continue to do for them as needed till the house sells. She wanted me to let her know if my services exceed the amount. I told her that her father gave us what he could and that I never expected a dime so I would not be requesting any money in the future. I also got to see him off and show some love to him. It was alot harder than I thought it was going to be. He's going to be deeply missed. The transporter thanked me for all the support I have given. He also said it was nice to see an old school neighborhood.

I have read all the posts. Everyone has been active while I have been gone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,, So glad you are feeling better!! Indeed please slowly ease back into exercising. NICE Loss though sorry the way it came about. So very very sorry about your neighbor. It's such a shame that old age is as cruel as it often is. No doubt he'll be very missed. Hopefully the next one to be in the house will go well. Again so sorry.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am just checking in to see how everyone is. Camping is going great. I am still driving back and forth to work in the morning and then camping in the evening and stuff. We have not done much but there is a lot to do here. We are probably going to go paddle boarding tonight if possible. We have been taking a lot of walks. I am way over eating I know but it is camping. I will have to get depressed when I finally weigh in and then work my butt off to get the weight off. Well I am just checking in. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Diane: Thank you. I am doing better this morning
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1
    I'm back home now.....but I flew to Los Angeles (went to Dodgers Game) then drove to Vegas and left my money there and drove back to Los Angeles (went to Angels game)! I need a vacation from my vacation!rmx9zyj42jtv.jpg
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i did my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, WOOHOO on the camping!! SURE DO HOPE you got to paddleboarding!! is this your first time? Did you enjoy it? My balance is so bad, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE To do that!! SO MUCH!! I see some out in the harbor doing it, and WOW my heart is on their boards with them!! The weight will come back off,, Lifestyle, not a "die" t. In a healthy lifestyle people will overeat, and get it off,,, etc. etc. Nice way to develop those needed life skills.
    @Patti241,, you encourage so many of us on the team, and of course here to! WTG!! Keep up that progress. Remember our slogan "Progress, not perfection." You've GOT THIS!! When we learn in small steps, they last.
    @itladyee ,, OLOL I felt the exact same way back in the end of March, start of April. AND it was ONLY a 3 day vacation!! PLUS IT RAINED ALL 3 days!! YO!! Next year we'll do it differently. There's a hotel on the beach we love. Last time we realized they have a SUITE that they do not advertise, of course we asked about booking it. Our room was very nice, but it did not have a fireplace in 2 different parts of it. This one does. LOL hey, why not? Did you enjoy the games? Both the Dodgers and the Angels? Do you prefer one team over the other? I am a Red Sox fan sort of. Sort of,,, I'll watch it if someone wants to, or a friend calls because she's all excited. I'll cheer them on in those cases, but otherwise, nah not really. HOWEVER The Pats? ONLY THOSE who are serious about the game can come over. If they want to chat chat ALL the way through and not be involved in the game,,, nah, they can come at another time. Did you enjoy Vagas? Did you leave anything there you'd like to tell us about? Snicker!! Snicker,, ohhhh SNICKER BARS!! OOOOPS!! Sorry Itladyee distracted me!! LOL
    @Cormierannie, here's our weather today, but we are in a severe drought (This LOOKS SO GOOD, but it'll be under an inch in 24 hours. That slow drizzle rain is so badly needed. Unlike a hard rain hopefully it'll go into the very hard ground. To us this is perfect.
    ps3cqasbowzz.jpg
    Stay safe also and glad it was a very nice day.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Wednesday

some humor for this day

j8qty16ov62z.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day! All planned exercise done. Definitely feeling it tonight. But so worth it! I am taking care of the puppies tonight and tomorrow morning. They are so sad, confused and scared. But I am giving them lots of love and reassurance. Tomorrow afternoon I have to clean for a client. Tomorrow will be another great day!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah. I will probably walk today but later on.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful, warm, sunny day here today, with a chance of a thunderstorm later this afternoon. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here today. i went for a walk early this morning and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on tonight. i will be meeting up with some friends i made at the tennis tournament for dinner at a nice restaurant later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Vegas is my go to place, never disappoints, except for the amount of money I spend/gamble there. But it's all Fun! Speaking of Snickers, there's a Chocolate Martini Bar in New York New York....Need I say more?? :)

My husband and I have a bucket list item to visit all of the baseball stadiums in the US. I just hit 19 and he just hit 17 with our last trip. So no real interest in either team but jump on the bandwagon when we visit!

Maybe my next vacation can be on the beach! Sounds heavenly!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize ,, LOLOL OH MY YES!! OH MY YES!!! 😁😁😁
    @Cseguin2 ,, congrats on getting the exercise completed!! WTG!!! Awww no doubt the pups are confused, hopefully it'll all work out for them. And of course for your neighbors family. Heartbreaking. Yet, such a reassurance to the family and him, that your wonderful caring heart is helping out. TY TY!
    @Patti241,, GREAT JOB!! I am so lazy today or is it that I do not feel well? My ankles are quite swollen, but I just am so tired of calling, and doing this and that ,,,and that and this. Still they are needing attention, just so blahhh with this. NICELY DONE!
    @Cormierannie,,, OH COOL!! Hey, good job on your exercise also. You are all doing so well!! Have you all signed up for the In Between Challenge? Be so cool to have 4 teams as one ,,, on 2 teams. You'll see others you know from other teams, and be able to chat again!! EXCITING!! @DNjoys is the CL of one team, I am the CL of the other one. Please look at the announcement above: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871601/sign-up-here-for-the-in-between-challenge#latest
    @Itladyee ,, Ohh yes,, fun is fun ,, and hey, it's only money!! I did my BEST to have my Dad SPEND ALL OF What HE EARNED before he died. He should of. I have 4 brothers and a step brother. LOL I love being raised with ONLY BOYS!! The only DRAMA WAS ME!! Hehehehe!! Four of us did NOT care about Dads money (including step brother) so we WANTED Dad to just enjoy life in it's full. That is hopefully what you are both doing. SMART to not just sit at home. HOW COOL is that you are both visiting various baseball fields/games!! That's so neat!! Have you been to the Red Soxs? New England is so beautiful in the fall! Depending on of course, if they are in any play offs, and if you can get a ticket during that. Of course in the Summer NE Is much cooler than the south. Now if you were doing this with Football,,, well LOLOL In the dead of Jan is the time to hit Foxborough! I laugh and laugh every single time it's snowing out and the opposite team is from the south or better,, CA!!! We can pretty much count on a WINNING GAME!! However if they are also from the north, well its still fun to watch.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Thursday, it rained a little, not as much as we need but every bit counts.

Have a great evening.

My quote/thought for the day

I am a Mirror for Love and Light,
    but never for Anger or Fear.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie