LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Steps:
    8/14 9,176
    8/15 7,985
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi Jessica,

No problem. I am happy to start fresh in September, when I will be joining a program called, "Path to Lifestyle Change" and will be recording food and activity regularly through this site to report weekly to the Team Leader of my group. It's run through the Mass General Diabetes Center and it's mainly to implement lifestyle changes to avoid Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and other illnesses that can often be delayed or even prevented altogether by eating healthier and being more active. I've got a lot of all these health issues in my family, especially as they get older; so I am very interested in participating! It's either starting up on 9/1 or 9/8, but I am calling my new MFP start date August 18th (64th birthday!) and will join the September challenge for steps. I did do 19,416 steps last Saturday; so I feel pretty good about that. I mainly don't log steps on weekend days because I often have my fitness tracker off (cleaning, etc.) but that Saturday I went on a Harbor Cruise and I walked from home to the launch point and back.

I'm getting into the habit of logging activity and tracking food again so I'll be ready when the program starts. Cheers and have a lovely day!
    bmaulrs53fm2.jpg

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited August 2022
    Tuesday Tracking

Happy Tuesday, Shape Shifters! Congratulations on a winning week! Let's keep tracking our calories, nutrition, and exercise to continue our positive results. @walela617 shared some great reasons for us to use the MFP tracker or some other tool to log our daily activity and learn more about our eating and overall health patterns. How about other members of the team? --

Are you measuring your progress by tracking? What are you learning?

Recently, I was reading an article about fat loss versus weight loss and came across information on the benefits of tracking. Here's a quote from the article on tracking that you might like:

"Remember there is no such thing as good or bad calories, and this applies to food too. Instead, a better understanding of calories and tracking them will only help you in making easier and healthier food choices to reach your specific goals." Here's a link to the full article if you are interested in learning more:
    https://infs.co.in/blog/2021/05/19/calorie-tracking-its-benefits/
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited August 2022
    Interesting, Casandra! I didn't even think about that, but it sure makes sense to me. Thanks! (I think mint leaves and cucumbers might be the safest bet in this case.)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    @Walela617 BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement pic! Thanks! Purple is my favorite color!
    Jess
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 904 Member
    Thank you for the advice @CasandraW I've started drinking lemon water but will drink it all in 1 go from now on.
    My steps,a bit haphazard 🤨
    8/13 4,344
    8/14 7,436
    8/15 20,592
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Oh man what a work week. I picked up Saturday because someone was a no call no show for a double shift, so i came in and helped on both shifts, during the 2nd one, a girl at work called our manager and told her she quit, 1 hour into her shift🙄, then I worked an 11 hour shift Sunday. Monday I was scheduled 11 hours but another co worker who this was suppose to be her past week decided she didnt want to finish it out so just didnt come in, so I worked 2 1/2 hours longer to help out, then today I was scheduled 11 hpurs but now we have covid in the building and my residents are just super off this week, today was ok until 3pm and sundowners hit, that place was horrible tonight, what a mess, One resident kept telling me its my fault she was captured and help in prison so long 🤦😂 (I work in memory careso that what happens) I had to call in help and still got off 2 hours late, ugh. But now Im back to only working there 1 day a week, and back to the school 5 days a week, so Im excited for a break but on the other hand, Im not near as active at the school job. Anywho, I hope yalls work week is going better then mine.
  • angmarie28
    8/14-12,180
    8/15-13,535
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @lacyf53 - I’m sorry to hear about your cat and hectic schedule.

@angmarie28 - You are in such a difficult situation with all the burnout of others increasing the likelihood of your own burnout. I’m sure you must be exhausted. I’m glad you’ll have a chance to switch up your routine with the reopening of school. It sounds as though less activity might be a welcome relief. At least it will be your choice about when to exercise and it could be more enjoyable with music and varied workouts?! Best wishes for the coming school year!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In:

Trying to get a handle on things - this does not reflect the work I've been putting in this week
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @LaurieWrobo - Hang in there! Your hard work will pay off over time!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 904 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good evening Shape Shifters 🙂
    Goodness me @angmarie28 you do work long hours!!! It's tough to cover for other people's absences.Hope it gets easier for you with your school job.
    @laceyf53 hope your daughter loves her new school & sad for your sick 🙀
    @LaurieWrobo sometimes when you've worked it comes off the following week,you've got this.
    I've had a tough couple of days.Yesterday I got the results from the 24 hour BP monitor I had last week.I spoke to the receptionist & she said it confirms I have high blood pressure & needed to see the doctor.So I was concerned & asked when I could see the doc.She said the earliest appointment was Sept 5th !!
    I couldn't believe it !! I told her it was a serious condition but she wouldn't budge.I don't even know if it's serious or not that's why I need the information.I ended up emailing my doctor but haven't had a reply as yet.So I found it hard to sleep last night & woke up at 5am which is not like me.Its so frustrating 😔
    Plus the stress will probably put my BP even higher ,and I don't want to be stress eating either.If anyone here has a similar problem I would appreciate some guidance.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    8/14-12,180
    8/15-13,535

@angmarie28
    Perhaps I missed your steps for the 12th? Please advise. Also, I've left you several messages asking you to email or call me. Can we PLEASE have a conversation? Email is jakrall@cox.net. Give me a number in the email and I'll call you. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    09smo14euufa.jpg
    Missing weigh ins so far this week (incl today):
    @JanieD82
    @angmarie28
    @kcpond

Steppers, please review the chart and fill in the missing blanks by posting your steps.

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @izzyred9400 I obviously don’t know what your blood pressure numbers are. Do you know? I would assume if your blood pressure is dangerously high they would see you sooner.
    My sister had success lowering her blood pressure by watching her salt intake limiting her alcohol and walking more.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    8/14-12,180
    8/15-13,535

@angmarie28
    Perhaps I missed your steps for the 12th? Please advise. Also, I've left you several messages asking you to email or call me. Can we PLEASE have a conversation? Email is jakrall@cox.net. Give me a number in the email and I'll call you. Thanks!
    Jessica

Sorry I have not seen any messages, ill have to go look. My steps for 8/12 are-2,473. My fit bit dies so most my steps werent counted
  • angmarie28
    8/16-12,854
  • angmarie28
    Good evening, hope everyone uad a great day, I was off but spent the day cleaning and running errands. Got my last vehical back, so all my vehicals are back in commission again, yayyy. Tomorrow morning I plan to get up and get a great workout in then gymnastics for my daughter then finish cleaning the house. I also need to go to the school and pack my office up because they are moving me to a new office. Man I dont know how I manage to work 6 days a week, with 3 days off I am still super busy, ha.
This discussion has been closed.