Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    morning all, so i have been ill recently and still feel bloated from that (gallstones) i am eating 1500 cals when my cal intake should be 1800 and i am just not losing anything its just staying in the same area, I dont know if its because i am not too well or if I need to drop my calories even more ...I am not at the gym right now but considering going back its just cost atm :/ so in all I guess i just need to move a bit more ? any ideas?
  • @lindamtuck2018

Good morning 👋 i have re-weighed this morning and the result was very different
    PW -161
    CW- 164
    So have only gained 3 pounds and not 7, im sure it will come off within the next few weeks once im back to work
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Happy Saturday Team !

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 3
    Previous weight - 217.2
    Current weight - 217

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 13,386
    Monday - 19,437
    Tuesday - 15,758
    Wednesday - 1,555 (forgot to charge my watch)
    Thursday - 9,491
    Friday - 12,036
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 198 Member
    Ugh! Had to go on a short trip for a couple of days this week (business). Diet program — not! Exercise program — nope! The scale doesn’t lie and it told me the truth in big bold numbers this morning. Well back on program today!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,498 Member
    @Bluetail6 @Megan_smartiepants1970 @mari_moulin
    Congrats on the loss this week!

@Bluetail6
    I hope your husband heals quickly.

@jayenguk
    What is your deficit at 1800 calories? If it’s at 500 I don’t see any problem with going lower. Try going for walks. Also, look at what your eating. Over the years my dietitian encouraged me to use the balanced plate when eating. I always keep this image in my mind. Try adding walking to your day until you can do the gym again. You could buy some bands or dumbbells to use at home. There are a ton of exercise videos on YouTube. I seem to remember you liked swimming so I am not sure how much it would cost to go a couple of days a week. The most important thing is your body is recovering so be patient.
    p9c0irs7y78n.jpeg

@Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    It is definitely best to weigh the same time each day. Our weight changes a lot throughout the day.

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 13.184
    Exercise: 5/5

Fun day yesterday, our air conditioner died and I broke my tooth. Luckily the tooth is one that I had a root canal so no pain right now but it rubs my tongue though as it’s rough. It’s going to get hot today so I am going to buy a fan later. No pool today as we are going grocery shopping soon.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    @Bluetail6 @Megan_smartiepants1970 @mari_moulin
    Congrats on the loss this week!

Thanks Linda :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2022
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    CW: 235.6
    PW: 232.0. +3.6.
    Lots of salt this week and even more snacking.

Steps for 8/19: 6529
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 151.2
    CW 150.8

Since January, coming off of the most stressful and scary 2 months of my life, I have lost 8.8 lbs! It may not seem like a lot but I’m 5’ tall so 8.8 lbs is a big deal to me! It’s slow going but it feels sustainable. I still have a long way to go but I have hope.

I was scheduled to do my big training run/walk today (11 miles YIKES) but I woke up to a steady rain. It doesn’t typically rain in the mornings here or for such a sustained time but we need it and I am thankful. I will run tomorrow. Race day is September 4.

Anyone sick of their normal go-to meals? I’m so sick of spaghetti and tacos. I am going to try a new recipe - chile rellenos. I love chile rellenos but not into frying things at home. This recipe is no frying. I’m also going to make baba ghanoush and hummus for another evening this week.

Steps are
    8/14 13,587
    8/15 10,763
    8/16 4575
    8/17 8748
    8/18 3561
    8/19 4079
    Hmm not my best week for steps!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The August, Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 21st. Join me for a "Stress-Free Me"...a week of discovery, sharing, learning, relaxing and managing our stress-filled lives. Bring a friend...hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872013/august-week-4-group-challenge-stress-free-me/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • NanElisaP
    NanElisaP Posts: 35 Member
    Username: nanelisap
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 266.8
    CW 264.4
    Loss: - 2.4

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Happy weekend.
    Check in 8/20:
    Steps - 19364
    Calories 2520 or close. Bit high for my liking still.
    Exercise - walk in late morning heat. About 8.5 miles. 2 hr 24 min. Gym after dinner. 9 machines. No cardio though.

Walked up and over 2 hills each way. It was taxing in the heat.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    Hi @lindamtuck2018 , I am away this weekend hence no scale. I can also submit weigh in on Wednesday. I guess that will be late.

I will submit my weigh in for next week on Wednesday probably as I won't have access to a scale over the weekend too.

Hope everyone is doing well and crushing goals. Congratulations to all who topped the list last week.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Saturday 8/20

PW 228.5
    CW 231.3

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

8/18 5023
    8/19 8053
    8/20 5245
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've decided once I hit 100 pounds lost I'm finally gonna buy some clothes and new pair of running shoes.

I'm down to one pair of jeans, one pair of walking shorts, no dress pants, and a few basketball shorts that fit because of the draw string. I've shrunk out of most of my t shirts but I'm a giant guy to begin with (6"5 297) so I can make those last a bit longer.

9.1 pounds to go!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I've decided once I hit 100 pounds lost I'm finally gonna buy some clothes and new pair of running shoes.

I'm down to one pair of jeans, one pair of walking shorts, no dress pants, and a few basketball shorts that fit because of the draw string. I've shrunk out of most of my t shirts but I'm a giant guy to begin with (6"5 297) so I can make those last a bit longer.

9.1 pounds to go!

OK, even though you are a Jays fan and I'm a Québecer, you are still SERIOUSLY impressive! My taller half is 6'4" and when he got down to his fave zone in the high 190s, there was a LOT of clothes buying happening. You'll have a blast with that! Save up your twonies :smiley:
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Jpedno
    That is an impressive weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. Personally, for me I don’t care if it takes 3 years to lose the rest of my weight. I like trying new recipes. I am back on a kick of trying at least 2 each month.

@NanElisaP
    Fantastic loss! Whatever you are doing is working.

@rwood566
    Impressive walking in the heat. Stay hydrated when walking when it’s hot.

@JaysFan82
    I agree with Liselyn, you are impressive. Setting a non food reward is motivating when you hit a milestone goal. We will need to see some transformation pictures.

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 4,747
    Exercise: 5/5

Ok guys I got to get back on track. I am not logging my food daily, seriously slacking on my exercise and in general I am in a rut. I am making a schedule for exercise and pre logging my food for the week today. I don’t want to take a ride out of onderland. You have my permission to give me a kick in the rear end. We still have no air conditioning and it is pretty hot. We never use our furnace and have to keep the windows open in the winter so you can imagine how hot it gets in the apartment in the summer.

Have a great Sunday,
This discussion has been closed.