Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• Happy Saturday! Looking forward to the Fall challenge and the Break challenge team to keep myself accountable!

Yay, for a 3 day weekend! Hope you all have a great weekend! My family is cooking out this Monday and looking forward to it, as we don't get to cook out much. It's my birthday on Wednesday, so I'll be celebrating Monday. I don't celebrate much, but I'm claiming it to be my day at least! 😊
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    happy saturday everyone! it is a really warm and sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be going to see the new Spiderman movie later on this afternoon. for today only, all movies in all formats are just $3. i figure i may as well go and see a movie i have not had the chance to see yet and i will also keep cool as well. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on, once i am back from seeing the movie. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited September 2022
    I've left a couple of messages on the link for the In-between team and forgot to post here, too. Anyway, I'm happy to see so many of the old gang here, plus a few new ones. Yes, we're a very active group so join us and take part in our various conversations.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,318 Member
    Happy labor day weekend for all who celebrate. My computer has been acting up, don't think its the internet I think the computer, checking if I miss any updates. Hugs and blessings.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,939 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Lindiemaep ,, OH PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU POST that Caturday book on the in between challenge team. LOL Cat will LOVE IT as do I. Indeed MANY of the cartoons we watched were quite, were VERY violent, but we realized they were only for the imagination not for following. Did you meet today with the group or on Zoom? Which is still meeting with the group. WOOHOO on rain, we have it coming on Monday, I am ALL FOR THAT!! A nice lazy day I have planned!! A DIANESE DAY!!
    @ForeverFitNHealthy ,, WOOHOO happy you are with our team for the break!! It'll be fun!! ENJOY the weekend!! Where I live we are having a BBQ next Saturday. LOL WHY did I VOLUNTEER to organize it? I MUST BE NUTS!!! There are 92 units here, but so far only 20 have signed up. That means of course about 60 of them will suddenly show up!! I'll make sure there's plenty its the 4th time we've done this. Its FREE their favorite PRICE!! LOLOLOL
    @Cormierannie,,, It nice for only $3 to see a movie you'll enjoy. Movie prices at 16 is HUH???
    @Lavalily,, Just saw your comment on the Fit 4 Life in Gr8ter Shape team!! YEAH YEAH WELCOME aboard!! HAPPY to have you with us!
    @Kurtize ,,hope it straightens out. If all fails on my own, I just wipe it clean and restart again. THANKFULLY with Windows 11 and up I can still keep some of my files!! I've done 3 or 4 with this one. I AM SURE at some point I'll get a new lap top, but HOPING to WAIT THAT OUT!! I'd love to hit a nice sale in Nov thru Feb!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,389 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 On Zoom today, at the KH for the other as well as tomorrow, yes let it rain rain rain. I'll pop over to the other chat and add that book!
    Hi everyone !!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Lindiemaep ,, sounds good!! See ya in the other chat!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,927 Member
    Good morning everyone

Diane: Yeah it is still a little warm here
  • Kurtize
    Good afternoon.
    Diane may do what you suggested with computer if I can't figure out why it's acting up. Having trouble walking today, leg keep giving out, twice I nearly fell, hubby got so upset when he saw it, wanted to get a walker, he got me a cane that we had in the closet so I had some support when walking. After labor day will call Dr
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,968 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 ouch! I didn’t realise how bad your foot was. Yes, my gran was ancient at 60. Everyone ran round doing things old folk didn’t expect they still had to do. Mum is 92 at Xmas and she does more than gran did at 60.
    Me I’ll be 68 in the new year and I’m still changing lightbulbs, hanging fresh curtains and hanging out of first floor windows to get the birds mess off the frames. I’m not old either!
  • Patti241
    Diane: Around the middle of September is when it cools down
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Lessennan ,,, Isn't it so weird/strange how the older we get, the younger we think we are? LOLOLOL I am sure when my Grandmother was my age, I figured she'd drop dead any moment!! BUT, NOT myself!! SO COOL your dear Mom is almost 92!! My Nana made it to 96, she wanted 100 to be on the TV thingie if they still announce those who reach 100. But yeah she didn't make it, still she lived a very full and happy life. Nan, the foot hurts 99% of the time. Even sitting, but it's still mine at this point. Today as I walked around here (it's raining out) up and down the hallway (there are 16 units per floor)
    @Patti241 ,,, OH GOOD!! HANG ON IN!! We are almost there!! Hopefully in a few weeks it'll start to cool down for you. It's 59 now,, I had to close one window, have the bedroom window open for Izzy. LOLOL NOT that Izzy kitty is SPOILED AT ALL!! Nahhhhh LOLOLOL
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,095 Member
    Evening Challengers, I'm back after taking the summer challenge off. For anyone who is new since I was here. I'm Sarah and came over from Spark.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I saw your post on FB and decided to rejoin the challenge.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Macrat12 WELCOME BACK Sarah!!! OH I KNOW YOUR Team will be so happy to have you with them again!! Did you sign up okay on the team of your choice?
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    edited September 2022
    Well, the Cauliflower Dip was absolutely AMAZING! The homemade tortilla chips turned out great too, I just cut our low carb tortillas like a pizza, used olive oil, salt, and pepper for the tortilla chips, air fryed half of the batch and baked the other. Both turned out good, and we like the crispness of the baked better!

Here is the recipe for the cauliflower dip! it's the first recipe she does in her video, and we are definitely going to try out the queso fundido one for this week's game! I didn't do the peppers for our recipe since my husband is not a spice fan, and it still turned out delicious!

https://youtu.be/yG6MLxXXHg4

I also dipped celery as well in this, was so good!

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,958 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today it is back to work day. I am so glad that I only have 4 days of work rather than 5. Then in 2 weeks I also have a day off work so I can go to our DMV and get my son his learning permit. I think he is going to be so excited. He will be 18 on the 17th of this month. So getting his license on the 19th or 20th will be amazing for him.

@cosmiccurves - I will definitely try that now. Since you said it was so good. Thank you for the recipe. That sounds great by the way. Glad you also tried it with celery.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,095 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I did sign up but with a different team as a change. I signed up with Fit Force team.

It's 64 feels like 64 with a high of 88 for today. I AM: I am letting go of my past. Axe Sharpening: You will never have more time that right now to start working on bettering the quality of your life.--Kaylee Stevens 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Read a book day!!! Action for Happiness: Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Fitness quote for today: I'll never be PERFECT but I can be BETTER "Today, I'm focusing on improvement, not perfection."--Bonnie Pfiester Motivational quote for today: If one good thing happens amongst a hundred bad things, focus on the one good thing.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,881 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Cardio Mash-up after breakfast.
  • Kurtize
    Hi all hope your day is going well. Got a Dr. appt this afternoon, called this morning because over the weekend (started Sat. my right leg would give out where it couldn't hold me up- almost fell). Been using a cane to help me but even then it will give out. Hope it isn't serious. Hugs all.