WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Hugs to you! Weight loss is hard work, mourning the loss of previous progress hurts but you can do this. Take a deep breath and start small. So many of us can relate to the backsliding. It happens but you can overcome it.

@Kali225 The mirror thing reminds me of our favorite ocean vacation place. Right next to the dinning table they have a 10 foot by 8 foot mirror! If that doesn't inspire you to eat less then I don't know! Ha

@YinxFed Congrats on being in the leader board! You have a busy schedule for sure. Also, the push ups definitely count!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed every type of push-up counts! Even those that aren’t the best form. Wall pushups? You betcha! Keep up the great work!
    I felt sluggish today but worked longer hours and managed to get my adjusted steps in just by walking around and mopping up water.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Pretty good Monday? I hope so.

I got my habits done - exercise and productive things done. Food was not quite so well-planned or followed through, but still within reason. Tomorrow there are no leftovers to get in my way!

Just a few weigh-ins on the ledger for Monday-Tuesday:
    @MsMcClane
    @MoonlitMuse
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey No passengers! But at the same time support each other, right? Life is so messy sometimes. For IBS volume eating, as long as you know which veggies to avoid (and maybe more cooked than raw?), big skillets of veggies with protein of choice are really flexible and easy to prepare. I'm not sure which veggies are low FODMAP, but things like eggplant (especially the skinny asian ones with more tender skin and tinier seeds), maybe mushrooms, carrots, parsnips, spinach - whatever works. Brown them (especially the eggplant and mushrooms) with no oil if you have a good non-stick pan, or with as little as possible, add things in cooking time order, throw on the protein and flavours of the day, and you have a great big plate or bowl of food without too many calories. I find those more satisfying for longer than salads. This also works as sheet pan meals in the oven if you prefer. They do NOT need to go onto a big pile of rice or noodles or other starch! Add some sweet potato or squash (also great when browned) if you need something carby. Sauces can be ginger-soy, pesto, herbs and stuff, curry - whatever livens it up. I keep some of the pre-browned or roasted veggies in the freezer and just throw them in. That works well for eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, carrots - some lightly oiled, some just dry.

OK enough of my same old recipe! I know I have posted this before, but it continues to be my go-to dinner and I'm not sick of it yet :smiley:

As to the issue of partner support that can turn to sabotage, stand firm! Tell him off whenever he gets into tempting mode. Keep starches off the table during meals and then they are an OK occasional snack - even corn chips and salsa :wink: It's time to reawaken all the tricks to keep things on track - you've got this!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @terytha Please stick with the group. I am exactly the same as you, this time last year I was in the 180's and very happy with where I was at. Last Friday's weigh in I was 217/8 I can't remember, I log it and move on because if I dwell on the number, it upsets me and I spiral. I put on 5lbs in one week a couple of weeks ago. I'm in a bad place weight wise and it sometimes gets the better of me but being in this group is helping me to not to go too mad and at least have some conscious about what I am doing. This group is very supportive (I've only been here a month).

@ashleycarole86 @bowens1973 Amazing!!!! the pictures are so cool and what an achievement.

@PlaneMonkey It's hard to juggle the other half that doesn't have much staying power. Mr B always says 'I don't want to tempt you.....' and then he does. He sees everything as an opportunity to celebrate with a margarita or two.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 sorry for the tardiness

Sun 10,879
    Mon 11,730
    Tue 5,486
    Wed 5,800
    Thu 8,077
    Fri 10,604
    Sat 12,043
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Exercise and steps stats for last week:

Monday - 1604
    Tuesday - 1812 / 38 mins Arms & Abs Supersets (Caroline Girvan Iron Day 20)
    Wednesday - 7990
    Thursday - 1828 / 42 mins Leg Stepups (CG Iron Day 21)
    Friday - 1971 / 38 mins Upper Body Chest & Back (CG Iron Day 22)
    Saturday - 8339 / 38 mins Glutes & Hamstrings Supersets (CG Iron Day 23)
    Sunday - 2262

Thanks for taking all this raw data and turning it into something creative @ashleycarole86 we really appreciate it.

TTFN
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends,

It's been a crazy busy day and I feel like I've been on the go all day. And the next couple of days look like they'll be just as hectic. But as @LoraineGB says, busy keeps me out of the fridge and out of the larder.

I amazed myself today by doing 8 push ups today! Actually, 7.5 would be more honest as I brushed the rug with my stomach before finally being able to push myself up on the last one!

An early night beckons - TTFN
  • jugar
    Options
    Alrighty, heading in the right direction despite a few hiccups

PW: 142.4
    CW: 140.0 (-2.4)

I won't be able to weigh in next week because I'll be leaving for the Redwoods on Monday and won't be back until Saturday. Hopefully the pre-wedding nerves won't make me want to eat everything in sight :D And I'm hoping that all the hiking will counteract the many....many...hours in the car.

As for my workouts in the meantime, I've been focusing on really low-impact stuff lately. I'll bike and walk, but I've really been focusing on my yoga and it's been really nice, especially as I try to suck up the last bit of nice weather here. I learned quickly that Montana doesn't actually have a fall, or a spring for that matter. It goes from 80 to -20 and back again. Winter starts Sept/Oct and doesn't end until late June (seriously, I had to postpone taking my car to the dealership because of a June snowstorm and it was in the 40s for most of the month)

Wait a minute. Are the pre-wedding nerves, um, because you are getting married? Did we miss that? Do tell!!

Great job on the -2.4 by the way :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.