gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend and forgot to post smh

PW 225.8
    CW 223.6
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so glad you two had a great trip, it sounds like a lot of fun and I'm glad Joe did so well! That's too bad about the cold but gave you two lovebirds a reason to cuddle, right? :) You both needed some fun together! I didn't realize you and Joe met online, how did you meet? Bill lives two-and-a-half hours away, he's currently selling his car for something more reliable that can handle the mountains to come more often. He's been borrowing or renting cars when he comes which is usually about every three weeks. Our next visit may be longer in between with him being on call on weekends but we're going to a concert with my brother mid-November. My brother got us tickets to Greta Van Fleet and included my SIL but she doesn't want to go so she offered it to him.

@trooworld I'm so glad you had a blast! I felt like that at Bow Wow Days, can't imagine all adorable pugs everywhere! I'd love to see the Christmas pug party pictures. Daisy is definitely the cutest bee ever! How do you chat through Amazon with your friend? I'm not familiar with that, when Bill and I watch shows and movies we just use Messenger which I imagine is similar? Bill's 2.5 hours away in Reno and is in the process of getting a more reliable car to handle the mountains so he doesn't have to borrow or rent a car. The car he borrows from his co-worker is a riot, his co-worker and daughter are into anime and it has characters and a cherry blossom tree on it with purple lights and rims, we hide it in my garage when he drives it here but it's kind of fun. It's cute but doesn't fit Bill so it's funny to see him in it. Hey if you like pumpkin ale Trader Joe's Howling Gourds is pretty good, I had one with dinner.

GO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES, we're on top this week! Way to go top losers (in weight only) @happysquidmuffin @19shmoo69 @bethanie0825 !!!

@Laurelfit57 I think it did post but sometimes it's still in the box when you come in the next day, it gets confusing! Most of my garden is containers, things didn't do too well in the grow bags this year so I may have to do some digging but the dirt here and oak trees everywhere will make that a challenge.

@19shmoo69 If you want help figuring it out you can tell us more, are you currently logging things and weighing? Did you have a lot of sodium last night or different food or did you eat food someone else cooked? Could it be drinks? Did you weigh at a time of day? Start a tough new workout program? Were you sick or do you have increased pain (inflammation of any sort)? I know you must be real frustrated, that's a pretty big jump so I'd think it's not all fat if you've been careful this week. Even when I logged and weighed everything my math didn't come up perfectly but the things I mentioned are things to look at to narrow down possible reasons. Hugs my friend.

Hi everyone, hope you had a great weekend! Survived another leg day then Asher and I hung out in bed reading. I'll be responsible tomorrow and catch up on work and get the minutes done. Did all my Halloween goals (stretching longer and workout) but didn't meditate, I will tomorrow for sure! Have a great Monday.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in October 23

SW: 228
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 216.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - that's OK. You were having too much fun to think about pix and that's a good thing.

@TeresaW1020 - welcome back- glad your trip went well!

@katmary71- that borrowed car sounds funny!

@19shmoo69 - you do seem to drop and gain in big amounts. I'm with @Katmary71 - tell us more. And keep your chin up. The things you did this week were good for your health, even if you didn't lose.

I may have eaten myself into a bit of a hole this weekend. Hubs and I had a nice day celebrating our anniversary on Sat and besides that it seems like I let the weekend expand a bit, if you know what I mean. I'll be extra good now and we'll see how it shakes out.

We went to a plant sale and bought some cool stuff. We got some new gingers and a bromeliad and a candy corn cuphea- doesn't that sound Halloweenie?! Also some aloes. Then we walked around St Augustine and had a yummy BBQ lunch- outside- watching the people go by. It was a gorgeous day.

Yesterday we gardened like crazy and that was a lot of fun.

Have a great week everyone!

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 @Cornanda and everyone else
    My diet has been low carb
    As much as I love coffee I drink mostly water. I do add a hydration pack once or twice a day.
    My exercise is low due to being all the time and I think it contributes to the lack of motivation.
    I've never been much of an athlete.
    Friday I did eat with a friend while I did have a cup of rice but I focused mostly on choosing meat.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO THE WHOLE TEAM! Way to go, Slimpossibles! And special shoutout to @19shmoo69, @happysquidmuffin, and @bethanie0825 for leading the way! Way to go, teammates!

@laurelfit57 You did! I remember reading and anwering you. :)

@19shmoo69 That happened to me this week, too. I did things right but was surprised by a gain. I'm sorry that happened to you. @Katmary71 asked a lot of good questions. I just also want to ask if you've been eating ENOUGH calories? You just don't know what could have influenced that gain. Hugs.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yeah the party was super adorable! <3 The Amazon thing is called "Amazon Watch Party". You both have to be Prime members to use it. Here is more info, I watch on my TV and then chat through the interface on my phone (the chats show up in a column on the right side of the TV screen): https://www.amazon.com/adlp/watchparty It's really fun! That's funny about the coworker's car. That's really nice of the coworker to lend it to Bill. I actually have had the Howling Gourds, it is pretty good! :D I'm glad you had some reading time, I haven't read a book in a while but have been listening to them, I am kind of in a reading slump.

@Cornanda Yes! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a good celebration. That does sound Halloweenie, I had to look that up, it's beautiful! Sounds like a really fun day.

Hi all. I met a friend for coffee and laughs yesterday morning, it was nice. Afterward, I ran around doing errands. I made chicken enchiladas for dinner but I didn't eat, I wasn't hungry and didn't want to force it. Unfortunately, I only ended the day with 888 calories, so I probably should have eaten something for dinner.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 186.8
    Current weight - 191.2

Not at all surprised as I’ve been eating whatever, whenever, and too much! I’m retaining water horribly and it’s making me feels so sluggish!

@laurelfit57 - My son is 18! I don’t ever have back issues I was glad it was a n isolated incident. Sitting in the truck has started to cause me knee issues tho. I hope you are staying in control.

@trooworld - I thought I packed her costumes but I only had one piece of one, I’m not sure where the others went. She’s been hanging out in her hoodie bc it’s chilly here in northern Arizona. I was actually asleep when he drove into San Diego and unloaded. I got up when he was ready to drive out. We were there for a very brief moment lol. After we found out the total price of renting the RV he kept saying we should have just stayed in S D and went to the truck show. 😂 I too used to wake up feeling starved and got bored with breakfast foods. When I switched to fasting 15 hours between eating one day to the next I was mostly skipping breakfast and it surprised me how I didn’t crave it and I never really felt hungry waking up anymore. I’m also making a big pot of soup. I love soups!!

@katmary71 - It looks like you’re back in normal routine. I’m so glad you’re feeling better and those shortened workouts are benefiting you! My back issue was gone after one day. Thank God. My mom has been being a bit nosy but not excessive, my kids both wished me a happy anniversary and told me to have fun so no guilt there. That’s hilarious your cats are gifting Bill toys!! Yalls dating in your own homes sounds fun!! There is a country line dance workout on my program I use and I do it quite frequently when I need a change. It’s a bit corny but I can’t 100% keep up, have to modify a bit. I get a lot of steps in when I do that workout! Going out dancing used to be my favorite thing, we haven’t been in years though.

@happysquidmuffin - Whoohoo for that new low weight!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

@FushiaKat - I hate that you have to make so many trips to the pharmacy. One great thing I’m blessed with is being Native American and we have hospitals and clinics with their own pharmacies. If I was ever put on regular meds they actually mail them to you. Hoping those days are still years away. I’m impressed you get such a jump start on celebrating milestones. One year I made my kids and husband a long lost of quite a few small/cheap things that I had been wanting and never buy for myself. They got together and bought me everything I had listed! That was probably my best Christmas in a whole lot of years. Usually my husband spends too much on things I don’t really want or never use so that list really helped!

@Tamevv - Congrats on meeting your first major goal!

@DrewsAnna - that sounds like a perfect weekend to me!!! I miss high school football games. Lucky you get to cheer your grand on through college!!!

@TeresaW1020 - I’m so glad y’all had a great time!!! I want to go back just for that skybridge!! We are still on our trip, so far it’s just really quiet.

@19shmoo69 - do you retain water!??? I noticed when I was low carb that I never had water retention, but some of my low carb friend had to really arch what they ate bc it effected them opposite. That is my issue with my gain this week. Of course I’m paying no mind to what I eat so it’s all expected. I think it will fall off just as quickly though so I’m not too stressed!

I was holding off on posting until I charged up and updated my laptop. I really wanted to post pictures of my most recent hike and our land adventures. Figuring out the quirks of RV camping was a huge relearning curve, we lived in a camper for 9 months several years ago but have forgotten all the adjustment that is needed.

I did drag out the laptop last night but the generator has to be going to work it and just about the time I remembered how to use it my husband reminded me I might be able to trick the system and just log on here through the browser on my phone and not the app. I’m going to give it a try in a minute and see if it works! We’ve been doing everything from our iphones for so long I feel like I need to take a computer class to re learn my way around on one.

• shaunarlr83
    edited October 2022
    Options
    1nfck6c7xqsg.jpeg

Last Wednesday I hiked Picacho Peak for the second time!? It’s located in Picacho Peak State Park between Tucson and Eloy, Arizona! Anyone else ever been here!?

The “Peak” is the highest point on the left side. It’s actually the furthest back from this point of view so doesn’t look too impressive!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    Yay it worked!!! For those who can’t post pics from their phones just log in through the browser instead of the app!!! Why didn’t I ever think of that!??? 🤦🏽‍♀️

id1a99qregll.jpeg

In December 2020 I actually Ubered out to this state park in Arizona to see if I could hike this peak. I had heard about it from another hiker the summer before. That was about the time I was slowly letting go of all my progress and was getting out of shape. The hike gains almost 2,500 feet of elevation in quite a short distance so it’s pretty strenuous. There are several steep rock climbs so they have placed quite a few cable guides to help you. I honestly couldn’t have done this without the help of the cables. That trip my husband had to bobtail out to pick me up bc getting that Uber from 14 miles away was a fluke and there weren’t any other drivers in the area. A few months ago we realized there is actually truck parking just across the road from the park. So this time I hiked over, hit all of the short trails, and then mimicked the same hike as two years ago to see if I could still do it with added weight. It was much warmer this time and I struggled catching my breath at times but still conquered it! 10.4 miles in total that took me almost 7 hours but I was still so proud and felt so strong!!!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Oh the plant sale sounds fun! It sounds like a fun, perfect day. Happy anniversary!

@19shmoo69 Low carb is good. Hm not sure what's going on, I hope you get to the bottom of it. A cup of rice shouldn't do it unless you're sensitive to rice. Keep trying, you'll get it off soon I'm sure.

@trooworld I'm going to finish this post then check out the watch party, sounds very cool! I'm kind of in a book slump too, not sure why. Glad you were able to get together with a friend for coffee, sounds fun!

@shaunarlr83 Picacho Peak looks just beautiful, glad you were able to check it out! I've never been to Arizona. Your drive at working out on the road is very impressive, love seeing you post your workout photos on the road! So glad you were able to conquer the peak, that's a seriously long time to be hiking, you're awesome!

Hi everyone, into a new week! I had a few nights where I was having serious munchies after closing my diary but this is two days in a row staying on track. I think some of it is the flare up being so bad I was freaking out about not being able to walk and some is steroids plus I bought some things from Trader Joe's I shouldn't have brought in the house. In general I do better with no temptations in the house. Still on track with my Halloween goals, stretched for a decent amount of time, did arms and abs, and meditated in the tub tonight. Have a great Tuesday!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Quick pop in:

@19shmoo69 - It sounds like you put up a fine week. Try to put the gain behind you and keep doing all that good stuff.

@shaunarlr83 - Happy Anniversary! Your pix are beautiful and hooray for that hike!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Hope your retaining water goes away and you feel better soon! Aww, a pup in a hoodie sounds so cute (pics!)! That's too bad you slept through SD lol. I hope you are having fun in the RV. I've tried fasting a couple of times now since I hate breakfast foods and I've never been able to do it. However, it was when I was on a hunger-driving medication and now I'm not on it so I might give fasting another try. I love soups, too! Especially this time of year. I think it would be kind of fun to live in a camper. Beautiful picture of Picacho Peak. I've never been there but it looks lovely. I bet that was a tough hike, sometimes you just don't get the scale from certain angles. Wow that sounds like a tough hike. Does your husband ever hike with you or is it a solo activity for you? Way to go, woo hoo! You did it!

@Katmary71 Yeah, I don't know what is up with the book slump but I'm definitely in one. I'm glad I can still listen to books. I've got a Goodreads goal to make! LOL I also do better with no temptations in the house. I'm glad you were able to resist the munchies.

Hi all. This week is going to fly by, my friend from Colorado is coming to see me this weekend and I can't wait! Yesterday was okay, I ate as planned.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 144.0
    CW: 143.2

Hi Team! A new low for me so close to my goal weight. I've been cheating, or at least my version of cheating. Eating extra fruit and radishes. I'm eating more taco salad's lately, I love them. I'm trekking to the pharmacy every 4 days. I checked on my prior authorizations today and they are good till March of 2023, only 3 medications need it. I made an appointment with the pulmonologist for my CPAP needs. I really don't want another sleep study, but we will see. I will see my old doctor 3 days after my consult with my new doctor just to make sure I don't run out of supplies.
    I finished my contest room; we will see what happens judging starts Nov 5th - 7th.
    My game is so busy during Halloween each year. I just finished the furnish exchange where we trade in our old inventory for special Halloween decor. This year's theme is Gypsy, and the items are really beautiful.
    My cats are good, my husband is good. I just ordered a new novel by his favorite author, and I will save that for our anniversary.
    I'm navigating my new health insurance; they are amazing they called just to ask if I had any questions. Every quarter they give me $75 toward over the counter stuff in their on-line store. I don't know how they make any money; my monthly payment is $23
    I wish you all the best ♥

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @shaunarir83 your pictures are absolutely beautiful! What a great place to go hiking! Good for you that you did it!!

@Katmary good for you that you had to back to back days on track. My hat goes off to you, when I am in pain, it is so difficult not to munch on things I should not be munching on. I see it many times over I am so glad there is no Trader Joe’s in Canada, I would be in big trouble🤣.

@Fushiakat Yay! Congratulations on your new lol!! I am with you, I love love love taco salads! Glad everyone in your house is doing well :-). Sounds like you have an amazing new health insurance company!

@trooworld & @katmary71 I used to be an avid reader before I had kids. Once my kids came along I feel like I was always exhausted, if I sat down to read a book, I would immediately fall asleep. I still do the same thing to this day. I am hugely into audiobooks though and I’m super grateful I can get them through my library! I listen whenever I am working around the house or going out for a long walk.

Well I had great intentions of posting yesterday, but I went with my grandson and we picked out some new yarn for his scarf and hat I told him I would make him. It is a cranberry red and black color. Yesterday afternoon I thought I would just start the chaining and then come and post, once I started it and saw how pretty it was I didn’t want to put it down🤣. Tonight I am posting first and will crochet after LOL!
    Yesterday and today were pretty good as far as food goes. Although today my lunch was a popcorn lunch at the movie theater, I will still be within my calorie range, but boy oh boy the salt intake! We saw the new Julia Roberts/George Clooney movie, highly recommend it if you just want some thing easy and funny!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Have a wonderful time with your friend this upcoming weekend!

@FushiaKat Congratulations on the new low Kat! Good luck on your contest room, Gypsy sounds like a fun theme. Glad to hear you're doing well, the new insurance sounds promising!

@laurelfit57 Hey picking out yarn with your grandson is more fun that posting here! Sounds like it will be an awesome scarf, love those colors. I was supposed to see that movie today with my neighbor but she flaked again, I'm glad to hear it was good as I wasn't too thrilled! I checked with her last night to see if we were still on so at least it wasn't last minute flaking.

Hi team! I woke up to Asher throwing up a hairball on my sheets about 45 minutes before I had to get up so I called it a night and threw everything in the washing machine and made my coffee. Poor guy hates to be brushed but he has a hard time with hairballs. He's scared of hands so the hairball gel is a bust unless I wipe it on their fur and that would traumatize an already skittish cat so I guess next thing to try is hairball food formulas. I went to the food bank farm and finished up the basil and got to take home a few green pumpkins I'll be putting outside in the sun to hopefully ripen. Weirdly a new volunteer at the food bank farm is an organ player for her church so we have fun talking about music, I remember there's a few of us in this group that play or played it, right @Cornanda ? That's my first memory of what I wanted to be as a kid, a church organ player because my grandpa was so proud of my playing. Finished the marathon HOA minutes, did a little cardio and some stretching and lightly did legs then did some garden cleanup. I just got off the phone with my best friend, they had an earthquake in San Jose but everyone in her family is fine. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Halloween goals
    Stretching- done
    Increasing strength training- just did resistance bands today for legs (mostly increase arms and abs)
    Meditation- not yet but will before bed.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 136
    CW: 137

Steps:
    10/18: 17,928
    10/19: 8,662
    10/20: 12,779
    10/21: 10,773
    10/22: 8,381
    10/23: 5,758
    10/24: 3,922

My October goals:
    1. 11K steps/day avg ❌
    2. No after-dinner sugar binges! ✔️
    3. Don't let myself get thangry*! ❌
    *Thirsty-angry aka dehydrated

Not my worst week, we celebrated my daughter’s 5th birthday so there’s been lots of sugar over the weekend. Happy to be on the leaderboard for last week! 😊 Thank you for all the congrats. 🎉
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Yep, that was me. I mostly learned polkas though, no church music!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Joe and I met on a forum for writers. He was an actual writer and I was a wannabe. We were both going through divorces and our bond was instant. We communicated online for ten months and then on my 40th birthday, having never met face to face he picked me up and moved me to Georgia. The rest is history! :grin: I’m glad that your Bill isn’t so far away and hopefully he will get that reliable car soon. I’m like you and do much better if I don’t have temptations in the house. The Halloween candy is in the garage and still unopened! :grin:

@Cornanda I’m glad to read that you and hubby had a nice anniversary. I know all about eating too much while celebrating too! :grin: This is such a perfect time of year to be outside isn’t it?

@trooworld I think it’s totally OK to drop your calories from time to time. Shake up the body so it doesn’t get used to what you're doing. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend this weekend. Do you have any special plans to do together?

@shaunarlr83 Skybridge was fun but that ride up the mountain in the skylift scared me so bad, which was really surprising. I had to sit down and have a drink just to calm myself down when I got off that thing! :D Your pics are beautiful. What a great accomplishment to do all that hiking!

@FushiaKat How exciting that you are so close to your goal. Just keep focus and you will get there! My mom and sister both get money on their insurance for the over-the-counter stuff and are always getting me vitamins and other items. I LOVE free stuff!! :smile:

@laurelfit57 A popcorn lunch sounds wonderful and I’ve been wanting to see that movie, so thanks for the recommendation. Julia Roberts/George Clooney are two of my favorite actors.

Good morning! So, I’m just going to lay it all out here and say that I have been completely lacking in trying to lose weight this year. Yes, I've had a lot of reasons, with hubby’s health issues, but I’ve also used it as a total excuse and it HAS to stop! Last night at our TOPS meeting my sister did a program and talked about how she has lost every single week since we joined and that it’s due to her making a commitment to herself to stay determined no matter what. When we joined TOPS she was almost 50 lbs heavier than me and now she is only 12 lbs. away from catching up to me and will for sure pass me by if I don’t get my act together. I’m super proud of my sister and I want to be proud of myself. I know how to lose weight and I know I can do it if I make that same commitment and become just as determined. Today, I’m getting back to my workouts and to longer fasts. I want us both to reach our goals and not for me to be left behind feeling bad about my actions. Let the games begin!! B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! Good luck with the room contest, I hope you win!

@laurelfit57 It's hard to read when you are exhausted. I've been exhausted lately and haven't been reading. I do most of my reading through the library's audiobooks, yay for libraries!!! The colors for your grandson's scarf sound pretty. Thanks for the movie recommendation!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I know we will have a blast! Oh what a way to wake up lol. Poor Asher. I can imagine that those minutes took a long time to type up as long as that meeting was lol. Your poor fingers!

@happysquidmuffin Happy birthday to your daughter! No, a 1 lb gain is not bad considering you had a birthday to celebrate!

Hi all. I had to replace another tire yesterday. So annoying! Luckily, dinner was already done when I got home and it was really good and comforting (Skinnytaste's Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup- https://www.skinnytaste.com/beef-tomato-and-acini-di-pepe-soup/ ). Tonight, we are having a Winter Pear Salad. I've made it before, it's very fall-like with pomegranate arils and pears and shredded brussels sprouts etc. It will be good.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I started a new workout routine today. It seems it'll be good. I'm looking forward to it. I pray you all have a blessed day.
This discussion has been closed.